The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 April 2020, 01:26 PM   #61
reecester
"TRF" Member

Congrats!
reecester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2020, 07:15 PM   #62
MRTY
Banned

Congratulations!
MRTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2020, 07:34 PM   #63
speedguy10
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Congratulations. Indeed Kee Hing Hung is one of the best AD in Singapore, with their great hospitality by them. I have managed to get my first ever Rolex from them.
speedguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2020, 10:46 PM   #64
Psmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: spring-driven
Congrats
Old 17 April 2020, 06:06 AM   #65
gazar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie@SIN View Post
Singapore is implementing “Circuit Breaker” and all non-essential activities (including all Rolex ADs) will grind to a halt wef tomorrow 7 Apr 2020 (and it will last for a month!).

I decided to drop by my trusted Rolex and Tudor AD, Kee Hing Hung. Started knowing them last year and I subsequently bought 2 pieces from them for my wife & her mum. It is a family business located not in the heart of the city but in the People’s Park area (aka Chinatown).

I settled on another gorgeous male Tudor 1926 piece to make it a couples watch for my in-laws! And just as I was finalising the payment and was talking to the owner of the boutique about the current state of the watch industry amid the Covid19 pandemic, his manager approached me and whispered: “We know that you have wished for the Batgirl since last year right?” I was stunned for a moment before it dawned on me that I may be offered the Baselworld 2019 model, the GMT-Master II 126710BLNR aka the Batgirl

Without even hesitating, I nodded but to be honest, I really never expected that I will receive the call for the Batgirl on the spot!

They then invited me to the “special” room, yes, this is my first time visiting the room! My usual sales executive arrived shortly with the box containing the watch. I was even served the special Rolex Chocolate! Truly first-class service from KHH!

I had bought two Rolex sports model before from other ADs in Singapore but never have I received such a VIP treatment before. That is really a testament in terms of how they treasure the relationship with us, their customers.

Now, speaking of the watch itself, I had “test-drived” the watch several times before but the moment the Jubilee bracelet has been adjusted to fit my wrist, it really feels different! I think the Jubilee bracelet is more comfortable and fit better than the Oyster one.

It’s a watch that I believe I will wear very very regularly, even though I have another GMT Master II model (the Rootbeer). Compared to the predecessor (the Batman), it has been upgraded to last for 70 hours now and the Jubilee bracelet makes it a totally different watch altogether!

Thank you Boss Max and Sis Janet for fulfilling my wish, and the friendship! Really appreciate it as I expected nothing but today I got my wish and some goodies!

Is your favourite soccer player frank lampard?
gazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 11:29 AM   #66
jamestucker
"TRF" Member

Congrats
jamestucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 11:32 AM   #67
jamestucker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bin31z View Post
100% I bet 95% of those hot watches were walking straight out the backdoor to the grey's inventory. To the best of my knowledge, no AD had restrictions on how many watches a saleperson could sell...o no...money...no thanks, keep your continuous stream of money, I'd rather sell to this guy that just wants to buy 1 watch for life. Rolex probably "frowns" upon it but when the cash is flowing in, I don't think they going to do anything. I see on Chrono24 dealers with 10 white face ceramic daytonas for sale right now, all brand new. You can't tell me that people are getting on waiting lists for years for a daytona and then just walk over to the grey and selling it without even taking the stickers off.

But now that the grey gravy train has coming to a shuddering stop, they gotta roll out the red carpet for regular joes.
You will be surprised. I am new to the forum but I was reading previous posts and I have read so many people have flipped Daytonas many times. One member was even talking about not having to pay tax on the profit.
jamestucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2020, 03:37 AM   #68
Torontonian
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, Pelagos 39
Congrats!! I am desperately waiting for my BLNR too!
Torontonian is offline   Reply With Quote