The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 February 2021, 05:49 PM   #61
djdm
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona-C
I've had mine for 8 months now and it hasn't left my wrist for a day. For me it's perfect and I have no plan on selling.
djdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2021, 05:54 PM   #62
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
I sought one and finally got a black dial. It really didn't survive long in my collection and ended up going towards my Platinum Daytona!!! Now that's got some staying power!!!
Interesting I moved on my 116515ln to find mine platinum Daytona.
JSolution is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2021, 06:17 PM   #63
colin46
"TRF" Member

There are many more of these watches available than people think and there are many more Rolex owners than on these forums.

Plenty of AD’s sell them to friends and family members at msrp and tell them it’s easy money.

If I can buy a watch that I don’t want and sell it for a profit of 250% the following day then why wouldnt anyone.

If people, with too much money, are willing to pay nearly 3x what something is worth (well more because these watches aren’t even worth msrp) just because they have to have it then, as far as I am concerned, it’s fair game.

I love Rolex and have a new green sub, Batman and Pepsi that I will never sell but selling the 2 Daytona’s (white and black dial ceramics) got me a free white gold daydate.
colin46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2021, 06:18 PM   #64
IamJacky
"TRF" Member

Didn't get mine at the AD but got it from the grey at very decent price, will never sell it.
Old 28 February 2021, 08:18 PM   #65
RazorD
"TRF" Member

I got a black dial that I was able to get just before my 40th bday. I will never sell that watch. I want a white dial too and my AD given me one by now if I would be willing to trade it in, but it’s untouchable in my eyes. Still waiting/hoping I’m able to get the white dial by year end and will not sell that one either. I enjoy wearing them too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RazorD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2021, 09:19 PM   #66
Goin2drt
Banned

As I mentioned in another thread. I will be a flipper if I ever get the call. I presume I won’t get the call as my AD is most likely selling out the back but if I do, flipper here.

This money is too insane and to get a $13k watch that I can flip for the going rate right now and then fund other watches, yep that’s for me.
Goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 12:06 AM   #67
Oystersteel92
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffreyis View Post
Curious to see how many SS Daytona buyers from the AD keep vs flip...
I'm coming up on a year with my black dial Daytona-C and would never sell it unless it meant the difference between eating or keeping a roof over my head and not. First of all, I wanted one for a long time and thought it was hopeless, second, I got it from an AD at list price, and third the story behind that is a good one I'll never forget. I almost took them up on engraving the case back, and still might.

When it comes to that watch, I'm like the seagulls in Finding Nemo.

MINE, MINE, MINE!

*disclaimer*

If...IF...prices were to go completely and utterly cuckoo to where I could straight up trade my Daytona for say, a gently used Bentley Mulsanne, I would probably go for it, because that's the only way I'll ever get a car like that.
Oystersteel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 02:09 AM   #68
Time2Travel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Collectors & Flippers, Daytona

I got my white dial Daytona 2019 and my black dial Daytona 2021. In my opinion, the white dial photographs
a little better but I like the way the black dial wears and easier to read. I would not sell either one. Purchased both at list price and very long wait time on both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Time2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 03:14 AM   #69
clickingdru
Banned

I think I still have both of them.
clickingdru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 06:02 AM   #70
DJ39
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT
I still cannot decide to buy the white or the black dial, until I decide, I am staying on the sidelines. I put my name on the list in 2016, I only have 5 years to go.
DJ39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 06:05 AM   #71
LJubel328
"TRF" Member

I’ll never sell mine. I know I wouldn’t get as much joy from the extra cash than what I get from wearing it
LJubel328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 06:07 AM   #72
illiguy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin2drt View Post
As I mentioned in another thread. I will be a flipper if I ever get the call. I presume I won’t get the call as my AD is most likely selling out the back but if I do, flipper here.

This money is too insane and to get a $13k watch that I can flip for the going rate right now and then fund other watches, yep that’s for me.
At least you’re honest. I can’t fault anyone who does with their possession(s) as they see fit.
illiguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 06:18 AM   #73
ecdc
"TRF" Member

Got my SS 116520 at retail from AD in 2015. No plans to EVER flip it. Unless someone offers me a several X multiple, in cash, take-it-or-leave-it. It's my favorite watch and it's more fun than it's worth.
ecdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 08:25 AM   #74
Cabinetman
"TRF" Member

I took delivery of my 116500LN white dial on Friday from an AD after a 4 year wait. There was definitely a thought about not sizing the bracelet and trying to sell it for top dollar. However, I really like the watch, so I sized the bracelet and have been wearing it all weekend. If I ever need the money I should be able to get back all of my initial investment, or more, even if these are some scratches and swirls from regular wear.
Cabinetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 09:52 AM   #75
Vetracer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500LN
Bought mine in 2016 from an AD and would never sell it. It’s the most versatile watch in my collection. My children will have the option to sell it in years to come.
Vetracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 10:03 AM   #76
Bryan81
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
I’ve said before I’m not a fan of the Daytona. If I ever was offered a Daytona at MSRP I’d flip it for it’s market value and fund another watch that I would rather have that would likely also be at a much higher price than MSRP.

Since I’ve never expressed interest in a Daytona with my AD, I don’t see that happening, though. I don’t activity seek out watches for flipping since I’m in the game for collecting watches I like rather than trying to turn a profit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bryan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 10:11 AM   #77
Flyoverguy
"TRF" Member

Traded a black 116500 for a SkyD a few years back before the prices got really crazy. Never regretted that move as I prefer the SkyD.
Flyoverguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 10:30 AM   #78
GT3 Mike
Banned

Watch: SD43 / BLNR
I plan to get one at some point. Preferably black. AD or nothing at this point.
GT3 Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 02:31 PM   #79
trout_thumper21
"TRF" Member

Got mine, couldn’t get past the uneven lugs, no date, and dainty wrist presence so after trying to bond with it, turned it into cash. Just wasn’t for me, but I can only speak for myself
trout_thumper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2021, 08:14 AM   #80
StackLexus17
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
White dial.
Owned for 16 months from the best AD in Louisiana.

Will never flip.
Building a collection to keep in my family.
StackLexus17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2021, 10:17 AM   #81
jitdc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116520
Collectors & Flippers, Daytona

Grey market 116520 white dial, love it!

Wore it to my AD two weeks ago. They asked how much I paid on the secondary market. I told them the honest price and explained I would rather spend that money with them, so long as it’s on the items I want. They asked what I was I interested in, so I sent my SA a picture of the 116508 yg champagne dial. Two days later they called asking if I was interested in a TT SD43 or Bluesy. Politely turned them both down with a reminder of what I was interested in and that my 10 yr anniversary is just around the corner.

Long story just to say I won’t be selling the YG if it does come in but the 116520 could move on if necessary. We’ll see if it comes in.

jitdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2021, 11:45 AM   #82
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

I had a white 500c. I thought it would be my grail piece. It took two years to acquire. Once I actually got it, I pretty much hated it. The legibility just wasn’t working for me. Sold it directly. Classify me however you see fit.
Easy E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2021, 02:00 PM   #83
pain888
"TRF" Member

Long hold....love my black face.......

"LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST"
pain888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2021, 02:19 PM   #84
drfrankenstein
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin2drt View Post

Only honest post in the thread
drfrankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2021, 03:57 PM   #85
datejust24
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexssss
I’d take the 116520 over the 116500 any day of the week...

datejust24 is offline   Reply With Quote