The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 3 February 2022, 04:55 AM   #9061
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP36 Blue 3-6-9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
I think with SOFI you can't look at the current P/S as reflective of the future. Now they have their bank charter, margins and revenue will grow exponentially, which will lower their P/S. Would not under-estimate the impact of officially being a bank now illustrated by the chart below, that is an estimate~80% INCREASE in EBITDA by having the bank charter THIS year. Also don't forget Noto was a key player at GS Investment Banking, he has deep ties to make sure this company succeeds. If they hit the below charted projections (which would be one hell of a CAGR) I would expect the price to be well north of $25 over the years, if not much higher. ER is 3/1 and will be adding to my 2024 position prior.

Incredible buying opportunity here at $12 but hear you the remaining year will be volatile. If you are worried about 2023 calls, just roll them to 2024 at a slightly higher strike and it won't cost you anything while buying you more time.

Great "We Study Billionaires" podcast interview here with Logan Allin, who was one of the founders and original investors in SOFI and left to start his own VC firm called FinVC. He talks a lot about the space in general and SOFI specifically, as well as other companies that he is backing.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2xo...Q--WeNheMhtMgA
Mendota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2022, 05:36 AM   #9062
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I think with SOFI you can't look at the current P/S as reflective of the future. Now they have their bank charter, margins and revenue will grow exponentially, which will lower their P/S. Would not under-estimate the impact of officially being a bank now illustrated by the chart below, that is an estimate~80% INCREASE in EBITDA by having the bank charter THIS year. Also don't forget Noto was a key player at GS Investment Banking, he has deep ties to make sure this company succeeds. If they hit the below charted projections (which would be one hell of a CAGR) I would expect the price to be well north of $25 over the years, if not much higher. ER is 3/1 and will be adding to my 2024 position prior.

Incredible buying opportunity here at $12 but hear you the remaining year will be volatile. If you are worried about 2023 calls, just roll them to 2024 at a slightly higher strike and it won't cost you anything while buying you more time.

yeah i think their ceo and team and everything they're doing is right on point so far. the bank charter was huge and i think the only thing they really have left is to redo their trading platform so that it allows margin/options (i believe this is on the way) and a better ui and then the new users will come flooding in. unfortunately the bank charter news came at the worst possible time but i definitely don't see a world where it's not at least 25-30 in the near future because they're growing so fast. just mainly just concerned with this year because the market is so punishing towards growth stocks and thinking maybe they won't be too forward looking, at least now, but maybe we see some relief in the next few months so who knows. it was rough seeing -60% last week even though it took literally 1.5 days for that to turn green but that's with there still being a year left on those calls so i don't wanna get trapped. worst case like you said i'll just roll the 2023s into 2024s and add during major dips. my biggest position is in 2024s as it stands anyway

that jump from 21 to 22 in the chart is insane though, so maybe nothing to worry about yet lol
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2022, 07:14 AM   #9063
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Quote:

Think this pretty much sums it up! Higher margins should lead to more product offerings later as well. Super Bowl is being held at Sofi Stadium in a couple weeks and that could bring some attention to the company. Wouldn’t be surprised if we get a little retail driven rally before and/or after that.
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2022, 08:51 AM   #9064
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Meta (Facebook) is down 21% after hours. I own a small to medium position. I like to trade in and out. Meta’s guidance going forward is also disappointing, in addition to the prior quarter’s result. I assume many of you own this stock. Would you buy, sell or hold?
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2022, 10:24 AM   #9065
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
Meta (Facebook) is down 21% after hours. I own a small to medium position. I like to trade in and out. Meta’s guidance going forward is also disappointing, in addition to the prior quarter’s result. I assume many of you own this stock. Would you buy, sell or hold?
personally not a fan of meta, what's their future even? right now their whole business model revolves around selling user data. i know they're trying to get into this metaverse thing but i feel like that's too much of a scam right now and too far away. also feel like their ceo taints the company since they constantly get sued. surprised they dropped so much considering how much they actually make though
Old 4 February 2022, 12:34 AM   #9066
denmanproject
"TRF" Member

Dipped a toe in SOFI $11.72
denmanproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2022, 02:26 AM   #9067
7sins
"TRF" Member

You boys watching SST today??? Cruising 25% today to $12.90. Warrants should gap up when price stabilizes. WT only $1.10, strike is 11.50 and price today of $12.90 means .30 discount (12.90-12.60). Where most warrants on stocks trading above $10 or have demand trade at premium. Look at Seat, WT $2.05, stock is 8.30, strike $11.50 which would be BE at $13.55 so the warrant trades at 50% premium there. Either way, very happy to buy those SSTWT sub $1, hope some of you scored here or on the underlying. 98% MERGER REDEMPTION, that is insane, only 700k tradable float. Finally a day with good volume.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2022, 03:05 AM   #9068
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
For anyone along on the ride with AUPH, more good news, cowen today re-iterates $35PT with below research piece, worth the 2 minutes to read.

Also notice the peculiar short covering, almost at 2x by over 3M shares, that should ease downward pressure on the stock too.
also adding to this on AUPH as it hits the wire today, another nice note this time from Cantor.

Cantor:"
$AUPH
Model update -launch is tracking well and are estimating net LUPKYNIS revenues in 4Q21 will be $21.1M; LUPKYNIS revenue estimate for 2022 is $162.7M, and we are assuming a
$30M
royalty from Otsuka...reiterate Overweight rating and $34 price target..."
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
Old 4 February 2022, 06:27 AM   #9069
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

I sold my FB position early this morning.

Quote:
Cramer was optimistic on FB this morning. I apply the Constanza rule to Cramer: Do the opposite.
Old 5 February 2022, 01:02 AM   #9070
hkuo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You boys watching SST today??? Cruising 25% today to $12.90. Warrants should gap up when price stabilizes. WT only $1.10, strike is 11.50 and price today of $12.90 means .30 discount (12.90-12.60). Where most warrants on stocks trading above $10 or have demand trade at premium. Look at Seat, WT $2.05, stock is 8.30, strike $11.50 which would be BE at $13.55 so the warrant trades at 50% premium there. Either way, very happy to buy those SSTWT sub $1, hope some of you scored here or on the underlying. 98% MERGER REDEMPTION, that is insane, only 700k tradable float. Finally a day with good volume.
Just out of curiosity, how come the warrants didn’t move like the stock? At one point I think I saw the stock up 10% but warrants were up only 2-3%.
hkuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2022, 01:56 AM   #9071
Magnum75
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes indeed. In addition to adding warrants I've been collecting some nice premiums selling SST/TREB puts. It helps a little during this downturn. Thanks again B!
Magnum75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2022, 02:41 AM   #9072
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkuo View Post
Just out of curiosity, how come the warrants didn’t move like the stock? At one point I think I saw the stock up 10% but warrants were up only 2-3%.
After de-spac there was a 98.6% merger redemption, that left the float to only 700k available shares. Thus low volume can easily move the stock up or down. Warrants, being 5 year options, often play catchup when a stock is volatile either way as it looks at longer term pricing. More notably, in this scenario, there is ~20M available warrants thus a lot more supply than the underlying float hence why warrants don't move as much. Today is a good example of the opposite direction, warrants down 1.5% however underlying down 8%. However, putting that into perspective, at current prices, that is a total warrant val of less than $20M, thus if interest moved quickly whenever people discover this company, those warrants will move at a faster pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum75 View Post
Yes indeed. In addition to adding warrants I've been collecting some nice premiums selling SST/TREB puts. It helps a little during this downturn. Thanks again B!
You are very welcome, impressive what they are doing with their Protected acquisition. Going to be a great long term winner, hard to beat the current valuation on a profitable company. Would not be surprised to see them raise guidance once again in the near future.
Old 5 February 2022, 11:16 AM   #9073
hkuo
"TRF" Member

Got it and thank you, 7sins!
hkuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 12:23 AM   #9074
Doc Savage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
Quote:
Cramer was optimistic on FB this morning. I apply the Constanza rule to Cramer: Do the opposite.
Always a good idea.

I can't believe that guy still has a job.

-Edward O. Wilson
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 05:39 AM   #9075
jokerGN
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Next One!
Inverse Cramer is the safest bet in the market right now..
jokerGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 11:07 AM   #9076
jaisonline
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5 digit models
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerGN View Post
Inverse Cramer is the safest bet in the market right now..

Works most of the time.
Probably why Jim has blocked 30% of Twitter ‘finance’ users.
jaisonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 11:11 AM   #9077
jaisonline
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5 digit models
Talking Stocks 2.0

Quote:

How about Stephanie Link who sold Google recently & bought Facebook / Meta. Ouch. Talked about it on CNBC half-time. Tough going on tv everyone day & giving out picks. This time though, I think that move was for her company, Hightower.
jaisonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2022, 11:32 AM   #9078
7sins
"TRF" Member

Great article today on how undervalued biotech is, same thing we have been saying on here for weeks now. Worth the 5 minute read.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/12...ar-11644184400

M&A will pick up
“Biotech was in such a freefall that potential buyers just held off, waiting for better prices. Now that biotech stocks are stabilizing and product sales will start showing improvement, buyers will show more interest. Big Pharma certainly has the cash to buy, as you can see from this chart from Jefferies.”

Biotechs looks cheap
“Biotech is so beaten down, several relative valuation metrics suggest it can move up anywhere from 24% to 155%, according to this recent analysis from Bank of America”

Everything you need to know in the below two charts, look at them massive amount of cash prime for M&A and or stock buyback/raise dividends and the second showing the meaningful upside in pharma. I would take that 155%+ implied upside ALL DAY.

Old 8 February 2022, 01:31 AM   #9079
JWD531
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLNR
Anyone in ROKU? Thoughts on earnings expectations next week? I'm intrigued by it, but P/S still high, PE still high, and if it misses another quarter, it could get similar treatment to PYPL. Thoughts?
JWD531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2022, 01:41 AM   #9080
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Quote:
Great article today on how undervalued biotech is,
TELL ME ABOUT IT. Long and strong brochacho.
Old 8 February 2022, 03:01 AM   #9081
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

I like CNBC’s halftime report as entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisonline View Post
How about Stephanie Link who sold Google recently & bought Facebook / Meta. Ouch. Talked about it on CNBC half-time. Tough going on tv everyone day & giving out picks. This time though, I think that move was for her company, Hightower.
I find that their stock picks generally stink. Weiss keeps picking VW, GXO, Josh Brown Uber, a few like GM, FB. Now watch, do not act on their recommendations.
Old 8 February 2022, 04:37 AM   #9082
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
Quote:
Originally Posted by jltait View Post
If y’all are looking for a new trade, check out ZIM the Israeli shipping company. No debt, printing $1 per share per day in free cash flow and an impending special dividend that is likely to blow the socks off of anyone watching. Technical traders will love the chart too.
Thanks again Jared, I bought this on your suggestion and it's gone up, what, 5 points since? Nice numbers.

One of the few green entries in my portfolio.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2022, 07:06 AM   #9083
chsu74
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710,116520,SLA19
XBI the best performing sector today followed by XLE.
chsu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2022, 01:47 AM   #9084
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

coty finally doing well again after earnings and sst creeping on up. good times (no jinx)
Old 10 February 2022, 02:48 AM   #9085
AshCashEmAll
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 114060
Hopefully everyone got a little skin in SEAT! Still more room for growth.

Still cheap on EBITDA vs. peers in sector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshCashEmAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2022, 12:08 PM   #9086
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshCashEmAll View Post
Hopefully everyone got a little skin in SEAT! Still more room for growth.

Still cheap on EBITDA vs. peers in sector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does anyone know when ER is? I tried looking around and see no announcement which is odd, last ER was 11/15. Should be a homerun brother.
Old 14 February 2022, 10:24 AM   #9087
7sins
"TRF" Member

Great chart below to reference historical geopolitical events and their dismissive impact on the market. Relevant today for heightened tensions with Russia and Ukraine.
Old 16 February 2022, 01:13 AM   #9088
spurwar
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126600, 79220N
Nice earnings report on SABR today. Hopefully we can keep some of this momentum as I am still a bit underwater!
spurwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2022, 08:13 AM   #9089
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurwar View Post
Nice earnings report on SABR today. Hopefully we can keep some of this momentum as I am still a bit underwater!
Heck of a day! Hopefully everyone dollar cost averaged down sub $8, should be plenty of green in the SABR option chain. Was interesting as the ER wasn't great but the 2022 guidance was exceptional. Cashflow positive by second half of 2022 (BIG deal and why we saw the pop today) and FEB being the best month since pre-covid for travelers with airlines increasing transatlantic flights to pickup summer demand. I trimmed my $7C exposure to take 80% gains, hopefully some of you made nice gains there too. Will keep my $10c, 12c and 15c calls into next ER and at least through summer. Below are the top 3 slides from the call that I thought were important, short of another covid outbreak I see this running nice into Summer. DCA paid off hugely here, I am going to trim my positions in increments as we should run to $15.

We also ripped today in seatw, bbig and nice gains for sst-wt and auph. One of the best days this year, finally. Also anyone else notice TBT creeping up this year? I pounded the table on this play last year and DCA this year when yields were moving on the 10yr and TBT bottomed ~$17. IMO, yields are oversold with the curve baking in 6 rate hikes before the end of the year. 10yr already moved 60bp, the worst start to fixed income in 49 years. I've exited my $17c TBT for a nice 35% gain today and was my rising rate hedge. Will keep my remaining 18c to see where rates bounce around.

Not financial advice, just my .02 on a few moves this week.

Old 16 February 2022, 11:12 AM   #9090
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

i will take a putin rally in the absence of a santa rally lol. i picked up some microsoft and fedex but other than that sitting and waiting patiently. my positions are still looking pretty rough overall from november

Quote:

We also ripped today in seatw, bbig and nice gains for sst-wt and auph. One of the best days this year, finally.
have you been seeing the latest news for bbig? kind of starting to feel like it might not even be a bad long term play or maybe i just have stockholm syndrome