The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 27 March 2019, 06:28 AM   #91
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.thomas View Post
And I thought all my Les Exclusifs de CHANEL were expensive at $350 a bottle!

Dior Cologne Royale. Discontinued, fleeting, uncomplicated, but oh how I love it.

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 06:37 AM   #92
ratlover
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M
Creed Aventus my favorite. Although I do like mountian water. I have aftershaves by Stirling and Fine that are pretty close clones. A squirt of the real stuff on top of that after I shave leaves me probably on the strong side of scent depending on situation. The cheap aftershave clones are a way to wear a fragrance for a bit to decide if you like it. They arnt 100% and its easy to tell side by side but close enough to get an idea and close enough to layer on top of each other after a shave(probably commiting a sin there, some fragrance guys get REALLY into things 😂)
ratlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 08:41 AM   #93
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
I have a bottle of aventus. Love it.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2019, 11:16 AM   #94
Wingslogo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sky Dweller
Top Right - Aventus is all I’ve had. It’s last me for years.

Are there any others I should try to buy!?
Wingslogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2019, 09:19 AM   #95
Blah114aa
Banned

Watch: Iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
Im missing a couple bottles but anyone else have a problem. Its all I wear now prefer this over my Tom Fords and Bonds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have a creed problem. My problem is they use absolute horsesh-t quality atomizers... every bottle I have has had spray issues. It’s quite funny to pay ridiculous prices for creed fragrances in absolute , horrendous quality packaging.
If you want great fragrance, I suggest patronizing https://attarperfumes.net/shop/olfac...ul/oak-moss-2/

The above sites oak moss absolutely shatters any creed I’ve smelled to pieces....there literally no comparison..

That said, I like creed very much. I have 20 bottles of various fragrances ,:mostly decants now because their atomizers are so bad. It absolutely amazes me how cheap their packaging is. I understand they now put aventus in a better sprayer bottle. They make great stuff but are not as good as guerlain or the above attar site. Or Santa Maria novella. I like creed s acier aluminum most. I have a giant flacon (8 ounces) of vintage tabarome that I adore as well. It’s lasted me nearly 20 years. Another problem is they (creed) advertise that Beyoncé and Jennifer Lopez wear their stuff. This alone has made me look at other perfumers.. l artisan among others ... knize ten is another fav that absolutely blows any creed out of the water, for me. But there’s no denying creed makes great stuff. Their bottles are horrible and they are counterfeited to death as well..... they are the Rolex of fragrances.... not Patek.
Blah114aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2019, 09:32 AM   #96
timepieceluvr
"TRF" Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
timepieceluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2019, 10:22 AM   #97
Jabbo84
Banned

Watch: Rolex/Piaget
Yes, Himalaya is my favorite. Also have vetiver, Millesime Imperial, and Santal
Jabbo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2019, 12:25 PM   #98
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
Im missing a couple bottles but anyone else have a problem. Its all I wear now prefer this over my Tom Fords and Bonds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Send me your Tom Ford's if you aren't going to use them!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2019, 12:28 PM   #99
BigBoy17
"TRF" Member

Sperm whale blubber is expensive:)
BigBoy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2019, 03:37 PM   #100
Paul_I
"TRF" Member

Damn this is some pricy stuff. I must admit I shower up with a bar of Duke Cannon soap and call it good.

Paul_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2019, 07:21 AM   #101
Tony8959
"TRF" Member

Just ordered some samples from the website and have to say I really enjoyed the Green Irish tweed. Millesime Imperial was also impressive and my wife liked that for herself as well. Virgin island water had that tropical summer feel, but I can’t see it lasting too long or having good projection.

As far as Aventus, upon first trying it I felt like it was a bit too piercing and strong. It was the one that brought me to the brand so I’ll give it another try, but I didn’t have a great initial impression. I can see that more on a younger, single guy wearing it while clubbing.
Tony8959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2019, 07:49 AM   #102
JParm

Watch: Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
Bumping this old thread. My current collection is very small:

RL Safari: citrus with Caribbean spices, warm woods notes

YSL L’Homme: fresh woody, bergamot, ginger, vetiver

Gucci Guilty: Italian lemon, mandarin, crushed green leaves, lavender, pink pepper

There is a theme here, at least to my nose....citrus (fruit), fresh, warm, etc. I’m looking to step it up and grab a bottle of Creed (and perhaps Tom Ford). What would you recommend to start with? Aventus? I don’t want something too sweet or too strong.
Probably the wrong thread to ask on, but is the jump really worth it (honest question because I'm not a fragrance connoisseur!)? I'm a Gucci Guilty wearer as well, and while Creed smells good, I don't know that the value-add is there for me at 5-10x the price of what I would normally spend.

Please educate me like you've been known to do, TRF!
Old 8 December 2019, 08:14 AM   #103
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
My biggest problem is ensuring I have a lifetime supply of BdP.
bobernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2019, 11:06 AM   #104
Watchflair

Watch: 116500 116518LN
Just got into the whole Creed thing - a few months ago my sister in law got my a bottom of Aventus. Really really enjoyed this one and got nothing but compliments. Added a bottle of Millesime Imperial next - same deal. Never had a cologne this complimented.

Any recommendations for the next? Any must haves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 9 December 2019, 03:23 AM   #105
emtee
"TRF" Member

Have full bottles of

Aventus
GIT
MI
Royal Mayfair

Samples of pretty much everything not just limited to the main range you see at the department stores.

Next on my list is original vetiver but will probably wait until we get closer to summer before getting it
emtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2019, 09:46 AM   #106
PPFANBOY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoncam View Post
why is it so expensive?
Marketing and overheads. Same goes for Tom Ford.

If you breakdown the costs, the perfume itself is no more than 5 dollars a bottle. Basically a concoction of synthetic aroma chemicals.

There are no real natural raw materials in any of these fragrances. No real oud, musk, ambergris, oak moss etc. For a few reasons. The first being cost. The second being IFRA regulations.

There are several niche brands that use real natural materials and they are in another league.
Old 9 December 2019, 10:36 AM   #107
Jabbo84
Banned

Watch: Rolex/Piaget
How do you afford it???
Jabbo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2019, 01:05 PM   #108
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabbo84 View Post
How do you afford it???

Uh, you realize you’re on a forum discussing 4, 5, 6 figure watches and asking about $200 cologne, right?
bobernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2019, 01:11 PM   #109
Blah114aa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPFANBOY View Post

If you breakdown the costs, the perfume itself is no more than 5 dollars a bottle. Basically a concoction of synthetic aroma chemicals.

There are no real natural raw materials in any of these fragrances. No real oud, musk, ambergris, oak moss etc. For a few reasons. The first being cost. The second being IFRA regulations.

There are several niche brands that use real natural materials and they are in another league.
Can you please let me know which house iudrs natural ingredients
https://attarperfumes.net/shop/olfac...ul/oak-moss-2/ Is one from whom I’ve bought but unsure beyond
Old 9 December 2019, 04:25 PM   #110
PPFANBOY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah114aa View Post
Can you please let me know which house iudrs natural ingredients
https://attarperfumes.net/shop/olfac...ul/oak-moss-2/ Is one from whom I’ve bought but unsure beyond
Abdes Salaam is great. Here are some others I like in no particular order.

https://bortnikoff.com/

https://www.areejledore.com/

https://www.fragrancedubois.com/

https://auphorie.com/

https://www.trnp.com.au/

Keep in mind a lot of these scents can be polarising, some are very strong, nuclear bomb strong lol. Sampling is always a good idea unless you're sure of what you like.
Old 9 December 2019, 10:55 PM   #111
Blah114aa
Banned

Quote:
Abdes Salaam is great. Here are some others I like in no particular order.

https://bortnikoff.com/

https://www.areejledore.com/

https://www.fragrancedubois.com/

https://auphorie.com/

https://www.trnp.com.au/

Keep in mind a lot of these scents can be polarising, some are very strong, nuclear bomb strong lol. Sampling is always a good idea unless you're sure of what you like.
Much respect to you. You’re the first person I know that’s ever even heard of abdes.. I visited the creed boutique yesterday and they have a lot of absolute garbage in terms of synthetic scents. They’re all marketing nowadays . I wear vintage tabarome today from a flacon I bought but other than that, their scents have become cloying and synthetic . The reason I am so harsh on them is because of their ridiculous prices.. they’re not alone. Tom Ford is another one that’s just marketing hype.

I’ll definitely check out the perfumers you’ve lifted above. It’s about having the discipline to not be noticed but be noticed by those close.

I smelled creed Viking yesterday and it’s a bay rum rip off . Neroli Sauvage is great as is spring flower. Any perfume or that Hass to say, “worn by Audrey Hepburn” etc is ridiculous. Or Jennifer Lopez . Beyond disgusting marketing .
I did help sell a bottle yesterday .. A younger guy walked in and asked what he should buy blind buy. I said for office? He said “no for a date ..” I told him green Irish tweed.. He smelled it waited about 20 minutes while I was there just smiled and bought a whole bottle. That’s another gem of theirs but even that is synthetic to me.
Old 10 December 2019, 12:29 AM   #112
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

An interesting question nobody is asking, is who are you trying to impress with all these artificial scents and are they reacting in the way you want.

Because if you can smell yourself you're using too much. And does anyone else care that you smell like whatever the scent is selling.
Blansky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2019, 01:38 AM   #113
andyxxx
"TRF" Member

Watch: with confusion
Blimey, I hadn’t realized how expensive it is!

I like wearing aftershave, but the cheaper end certainly loses it’s smell after an hour or so. Anybody have any recommends for something that holds its scent but perhaps half the price?
andyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2019, 04:00 AM   #114
ruffa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_I View Post
Damn this is some pricy stuff. I must admit I shower up with a bar of Duke Cannon soap and call it good.

A good size bottle will last you years—unless you spray 3+ times ;) I never do more than 2 sprays and sometimes even 2 is too many. When you can smell someone from a mile away the only thought in my head is they were walking in the mall and emptied a sample bottle on themselves.
ruffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2019, 04:50 AM   #115
Tony8959
"TRF" Member

Where do you guys usually purchase your Creed cologne?
Old 10 December 2019, 05:15 AM   #116
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
You can buy it from the boutique in NYC.
I get mine at the local Neiman Marcus.

It’s kind of funny to see people on a Rolex forum complaining about the price of niche cologne. A bottle will last years. Especially if it’s in rotation and kept in a cool dark place. 3 sprays should have you covered easily. The Creed sprayer is legendary. It’s a fragrance fire hose.

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2019, 06:14 AM   #117
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Which brands?

The thing I like though about Creed is how it doesn't smell all chemical compared to other perfumes I used to have (I have other perfumes as well, not just creed, that also smell better and more 'pure') and the way the perfume evolves throughout the day.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2019, 06:14 AM   #118
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
You can buy it from the boutique in NYC.
I get mine at the local Neiman Marcus.

It’s kind of funny to see people on a Rolex forum complaining about the price of niche cologne. A bottle will last years. Especially if it’s in rotation and kept in a cool dark place. 3 sprays should have you covered easily. The Creed sprayer is legendary. It’s a fragrance fire hose.
I went through my aventus in 6 months. Normally 1 year.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2019, 11:07 AM   #119
Blah114aa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony8959 View Post
Where do you guys usually purchase your Creed cologne?
Scentimebts.com or creed boutique. I bought off amazon once and the scent was off.. my wife agreed (spring flower). My wife wears my Aventus all the time. I bought from Nordstrom’s so they’re legit too.
Old 10 December 2019, 11:15 AM   #120
Tony8959
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah114aa View Post
Scentimebts.com or creed boutique. I bought off amazon once and the scent was off.. my wife agreed (spring flower). My wife wears my Aventus all the time. I bought from Nordstrom’s so they’re legit too.
I was possibly looking to purchase a couple bottles at Bloomingdales website as they’re having some sales this week and can also use ebates on top.