The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 January 2011, 01:26 PM   #91
STEELINOX
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX-less atm...
We had a GTG last year and this particular store was visited.
The sales peeps were nice enough. I didnt know they had an on site ROLEX tech.

Sounds to me though, that this is a really rotten tech, scratchin up your watch and all, that is irresponsible. ROLEX will not tolerate this.

Randy

*Positive Waves Baby*
Lug Hole Loyalist / Chamfer Line Inspector
INFORTHE WIN
STEELINOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2011, 01:28 PM   #92
dnystrom

Watch: 1500
It's a nightmare story! I have purchased 3 rolex watches from them in the
Seattle area and have had no problems with BB over 35 years. I hope management up there will get to the bottom of this and post the results as to what went wrong. As stated in past posts there is two sides to every story. I have absolutely no doubt this will get resolved to your complete satisfaction. If they do indeed have a sub standard watch maker there they better send him to the timex shop down the street. My 2 cents..

Dave
dnystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2011, 01:29 PM   #93
TRW
Banned

Watch: 16623 YM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELINOX View Post
We had a GTG last year and this particular store was visited.
The sales peeps were nice enough. I didnt know they had an on site ROLEX tech.

Sounds to me though, that this is a really rotten tech, scratchin up your watch and all, that is irresponsible. ROLEX will not tolerate this.

Randy
The Mothership Should Absolutely Be aware of this Candy Ass Tech
TRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2011, 01:34 PM   #94
Zed Homme
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
But it wasn't just the tech, that manager is equally awful. Im really glad this worked out for you...
Zed Homme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2011, 01:37 PM   #95
chestercopperpot
"TRF" Member

yikes this is rough! at least you're getting your money back. i promise not all AD's are like that!
chestercopperpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2011, 02:00 PM   #96
dnagwhogas
"TRF" Member

Watch: N :Learn
What a dramatic yet happy ending! I KNEW I signed up on the right forum!

P-Club Member # 7

Time is what prevents everything from happening at once.
dnagwhogas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2011, 02:15 PM   #97
TRW
Banned

Watch: 16623 YM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed Homme View Post
But it wasn't just the tech, that manager is equally awful. Im really glad this worked out for you...
See Post 87 Chris,I totally Agree
TRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2011, 02:20 PM   #98
Lagunatic
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116613LN
Stay away from Ben Bridge Jewelers in Costa Mesa, Ca. 2 years ago I had a complimentary steam cleaning on my 16 year old Seadweller 4000. I came home and discovered a dent in the case and the crown was sorta welded shut, I couldn't open it, I guess from the heat. When I told them about it they denied any responsibility. I even called corporate headquarters and they called me back and they said they would not take any responsiblity for their actions. Long story short, stay away from this incompetent company. I had to send my watch to the Rolex Servicenter in Dallas, Tx where they overhauled the whole watch for $700. They did an excellent job. I finally sold the watch. If you ever need service on your watch go direct to the Rolex Servicenter and avoid dealers. Clean your own watch with liquid handsoap and a toothbrush. I owned that watch for 16 years and I never had a scratch on it. I was very careful.
Lagunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2011, 02:55 PM   #99
Lagunatic
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116613LN
roley798

I will send you a private message. My Rolex dealer will give you a good discount.
Lagunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2011, 03:26 PM   #100
beerformeplz
"TRF" Member

Watch: seadweller
No way I leave without the watch or my money back. Unless its in the back of a police car.lol
beerformeplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2011, 04:01 PM   #101
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by roley798 View Post
hello TRF members. Unfortunately, my first post here has to be a negative one. Before I post the borderline criminal acts achieved by a local AD in san Diego, I would like to inform you that as I am no watch expert, I have a general knowledge of watches, their movements, and Rolex. About seven months ago I purchased my first datejust. Less then a month later I noticed several problems: +8 sec. A day, date change was inconsistent, and the minute hand would not be consistent with the marker, making it difficult to tell the actual time. So I take my watch to the AD in fashion valley.4 weeks later it is returned, but with DEEP scratches on the caseback and bracelet. When confronted, the matchmaker stated that these are normal, and no matter what Rolex can not repair the watch without scratching it. Immediately I informed the store manager, and he quickly apologized, while the matchmaker continued to try to prove his point. After waiting the required 4 weeks, the watch is returned with a new caseback... and new scratches. This time my watch is -1 sec. A day. So after arguing w/ the store manager for several days, he agrees to make an exchange. As I am ready to take the new watch home, he pulls out a contract he made, which has no affiliation w/ Ben bridge, saying that I cannot return the watch and my warranty is void. After refusing to sign this piece of garbage he then offered a refund. After all of this I accept, only to have him change his mind about the refund minutes later saying that I will have to take him to court. At this time he is in possession of my watch, and money. This is by far the worst customer service I have experienced, and wish it upon no one. If you are ever in the SD area, avoid the Ben bridge in fashion valley at all cost!!!
BB and "t" have the same knowledge of Rolex/ Omega as my pet Rabbit.
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2011, 07:19 PM   #102
Boadicea
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunatic View Post
2 years ago I had a complimentary steam cleaning on my 16 year old Seadweller 4000.
You had your watch steam cleaned?? Not the best idea in my books...

Ben Bridge sounds a bit like Ernest Jones here in the UK. While EJ are good honest dealers, you can't help feeling a bit like you were on a conveyor belt during the whole process and you leave feeling like you didn't get the "real" rolex experience. Their customer service is pretty much non-existant.

For me, as soon as the purchase is out of the way, the AD is taken out of the picture. From that point, Any work, big or small, is carried out by RSC London
Boadicea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2011, 07:25 PM   #103
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roley798 View Post
Update:

Contacted Ben bridge hq, was quickly told that the vp of the company would deal with the problem. Less then an hour later I was contacted by the store manager, who said that " a check has been sent in the mail, have a nice day". I am currently waiting for the check, and will contact the bbb. I have received great advice and information on this forum, and I appreciate that. As soon as I receive this check I will be looking for a new Rolex, and I'm pretty sure you all can guess where I will not be buying it.
A happy ending. Good deal my friend. Stay active in the forum, it'll be great to hear about you new purchase. This place has a bit of clout!
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2011, 08:16 PM   #104
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
roley798

I will send you a private message. My Rolex dealer will give you a good discount.
Same here Roley, I'd reccomend either buying from Tony here in San Diego (JustRolexes) or if you want, I'll hook you up at the BB in UTC. I am sure you are dubious about doing business with ANY BB and I don't blame you, but the guys here in UTC are the absolute best, and I'll vouch for their honesty and sense of responsability; I KNOW I can get you an excellent discount too!

Shoot me a PM if you'd like, I'll even meet you at the store if you want.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2011, 12:15 AM   #105
dardeca
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Bad behavior by the A.D. But just to clarify, -1 sec a day is VERY, VERY good...and well within COSC requirements.
dardeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2011, 12:35 AM   #106
conrail
"TRF" Member

Sounds like a great resolution. This is a powerful forum! That was super nice guys chipped in to help you :)
Old 13 January 2011, 02:46 AM   #107
Captainz
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
Stay away from Ben Bridge Jewelers in Costa Mesa, Ca. 2 years ago I had a complimentary steam cleaning on my 16 year old Seadweller 4000. I came home and discovered a dent in the case and the crown was sorta welded shut, I couldn't open it, I guess from the heat. When I told them about it they denied any responsibility. I even called corporate headquarters and they called me back and they said they would not take any responsiblity for their actions. Long story short, stay away from this incompetent company. I had to send my watch to the Rolex Servicenter in Dallas, Tx where they overhauled the whole watch for $700. They did an excellent job. I finally sold the watch. If you ever need service on your watch go direct to the Rolex Servicenter and avoid dealers. Clean your own watch with liquid handsoap and a toothbrush. I owned that watch for 16 years and I never had a scratch on it. I was very careful.
+1 or a HIGHLY REPUTABLE (MANY REFERENCES) indy!
Old 13 January 2011, 05:12 AM   #108
Zed Homme
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRW View Post
See Post 87 Chris,I totally Agree
Gotcha!
Zed Homme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2011, 06:11 AM   #109
darthmouse
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
Great resolution. Props to the members who helped out the OP.

This is why TRF is a great forum.
darthmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2011, 07:36 AM   #110
scrog10
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 2c
Interesting reading. Just cant help wondering if the check was for the same amount the PO paid in the first place.
Excellent result from an excellent forum though.
Old 13 January 2011, 01:24 PM   #111
roley798
"TRF" Member

@darthmouse, could not agree any more. This is an excellent forum, and everyone here has been hospitable and helpful. As soon as I get the check, i will be looking into some of the reputable sellers listed on this thread.

@dardeca, -1/+1 sec. A day is pretty much as good as it gets. The reason I included this is to show that someone had to have worked on the movement. Whether it was bb or Rolex, Idk.
roley798 is offline   Reply With Quote