The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 November 2023, 01:51 AM   #91
RiRi
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 36 Mint
Quote:
Originally Posted by anodyne13 View Post
Ironically they have excellent high end watch stores in Barcelona.
Honestly, I am not even sure it is a good idea to visit those - the gangs must have spotters all over town ...

All they have to do is have someone surveil the W Hotel, SoHo house and the boutiques in the city centre (AP house, Patek retailers, etc.) and follow them - way too easy unforunately, especially if the punishment seems to be no deterrent to the crime.
RiRi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2023, 08:27 AM   #92
HappyPrince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by East of Eden View Post
My wife grew up in Franco Spain and let's just say you didn't have these problems then.

That's all.
That’s great, other than having to live in a dictatorship I suppose?
HappyPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2023, 01:43 PM   #93
kulak
"TRF" Member

Personally have had good luck in Barcelona. I’ve even tried the fake wallet in my back pocket but no takers. I tried watching for street thieves and haven’t caught them targeting people with my own eyes. They must be pretty good and quick.
kulak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2023, 02:07 PM   #94
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
I'm sorry you had to experience what you did, and am glad you're physically ok. Hope you'll be able to retrieve your watch, and the perps will be apprehended.
PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2023, 02:42 PM   #95
Soultime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
He was very aware. We have triple confirmation that the incident occurred at exactly 1:30PM on Monday 6th November. (Odd considering since he was getting attacked by 5 people - who has time to glance at their YM in during the fight?)

That's why I think the post was AI-generated, possibly inspired by this thread:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=882240
Hmmm....weird that the OP joined the forum on 8th and didn't post. Then made 1 (original) post on 9th and has never returned to view any replies.
Soultime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2023, 05:22 PM   #96
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

It would be helpful to have pepper spray handy in these circumstances. I believe carrying one for self defence in Spain is legal
omar-rye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2023, 05:38 PM   #97
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
I’ve never been to Barcelona, but I know I’d NEVER wear a watch of value there as it’s widely known for this kind of theft.

Surprised you’d never heard how dangerous Barcelona was in this regard. That aside, sorry about what happened, you’re safe, that’s the main thing.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2023, 05:49 PM   #98
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
Short sleeve shirt with a $30K watch on?
jimcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2023, 06:15 PM   #99
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultime View Post
Hmmm....weird that the OP joined the forum on 8th and didn't post. Then made 1 (original) post on 9th and has never returned to view any replies.
It is called insurance.

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2023, 07:03 PM   #100
waterman1
2024 Pledge Member

I’m just going to speak up and ask - everyone here seems to know!! But how does posting a theft to a watch forum assist with an insurance claim? I simply don’t get the purpose of a false claim to a forum like this.
And I am not insinuating the OP is making a false claim. I just read about these thefts on here and posters will reply that the purpose is for insurance.
waterman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 12:27 AM   #101
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondoggy View Post
It is called insurance.
Then why would he need to offer 18k Euro reward?

More like insurance fraud if anything.
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 01:47 AM   #102
MarioB83
"TRF" Member

I have been to Barcelona many many times, since 20 years ago. As a tourist, going to party, spending all night long around the city, going for business, etc.
Never get robbed or try to. Probably cause we still locals (language, way of talking, etc).
Last time three weeks ago. Convention at WTC and hotel at Borne hood. Went walking into the night with a friend, both of us wearing Rolexes. Discretely under the sleevd and walking with confidence. Did the same 4 weeks ago in London, at another convention in O2 arena. Went night out, having pints and some drinks.
Zero incidents as a summary in Two of the most feared cities for watch enthusiasts. I really think I was not lucky. I think who gets robbed have bad luck. Some of them are clear targets.
Obviously never blaming the victim. But precautions and walking alert is absolutely necessary in every place.
MarioB83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 02:40 AM   #103
chriswatch
"TRF" Member

Icon7 Thank you

Thank you for all your kind words and support.

I am okay but must learn from the experience. I spent 3 days there completely safe and happy strolling around but got a nasty reminder not to feel so comfortable even in broad daylight. I wouldn’t dream of wearing it in London but I guess I stupidly let my guard down wearing it in Barcelona.

Chances are very slim of getting it back but worst things going on in the world right now and got no injuries along with keeping hold of my wallet and phone.

The disgusting little rodents I hope will be caught one day soon. Keep safe everyone and be careful if you are visiting Barcelona with a nice watch.
chriswatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 02:56 AM   #104
georgew
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: mostly Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultime View Post
If this was a true occurrence I feel bad for the OP. However, the silence from OP seems a bit odd to me as well
georgew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 03:09 AM   #105
chriswatch
"TRF" Member

Sorry what? I only joined this because it happened to me. It’s been reported to the police
Old 13 November 2023, 03:11 AM   #106
chriswatch
"TRF" Member

Sorry but I haven’t had time to view these. It isn’t AI wrote it actually happened to me. Why would I make something so bad up like this?

I have been working all week apologies for not getting onto this
Old 13 November 2023, 03:12 AM   #107
chriswatch
"TRF" Member

I’m here now reading the replies. Like I said only joined for help not a battering from you thinking I made it up
Old 13 November 2023, 03:17 AM   #108
chriswatch
"TRF" Member

Ridiculous.

Just so you know I have a crime reference number and it’s fully documented. What on earth would be the point in making something like this up? Pretty pointless
Old 13 November 2023, 03:21 AM   #109
chriswatch
"TRF" Member

I am offering a reward because it has sentimental value plus I would like to find out who did it and see if they can fight without my back turned and no knives this time round
Old 13 November 2023, 03:34 AM   #110
RTG
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YM42 Ti
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswatch View Post
I’m here now reading the replies. Like I said only joined for help not a battering from you thinking I made it up
Don’t judge the whole forum based on a couple suspicious minds. Sometimes, imaginations run wild and others here refuse to believe crime happens in these happy little green urban utopias.

Personally, I refuse to travel anywhere that allows this type of third world behavior. I won’t financially reward them with my traveling dollars. This now includes many places in my own country, so I don’t write that for joyful reasons.
Old 13 November 2023, 03:36 AM   #111
Rollei35
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTG View Post
Don’t judge the whole forum based on a couple suspicious minds. Sometimes imaginations run wild and others here refuse to believe crime happens in these happy little green urban utopias.

Personally I refuse to travel anywhere that allows this type of third world behavior. I won’t financially reward them with my traveling dollars. This now includes many places in my own country, so I don’t write that for joyful reasons.
I never refuse to travel to anywhere. I just wear my gshock when I go those places full of slimy people
Old 13 November 2023, 03:47 AM   #112
Skully
"TRF" Member

Watch: 136660
Wow. So sorry OP about what happened to you. At the same time getting blamed here as well.
Skully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 04:04 AM   #113
MarioB83
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar-rye View Post
It would be helpful to have pepper spray handy in these circumstances. I believe carrying one for self defence in Spain is legal
Absolutely no
MarioB83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 04:11 AM   #114
Phwtch1
"TRF" Member

This is really horrifying and sad. Of all cities, I never knew Barcelona can be that dangerous. I'm really sorry OP.

Sent from my A5_Pro using Tapatalk
Phwtch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 04:11 AM   #115
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexken View Post
Where are all the “just be aware of your surroundings and you’ll be fine” team ?
You forgot the "use common sense" part.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 04:16 AM   #116
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswatch View Post
I am offering a reward because it has sentimental value plus I would like to find out who did it and see if they can fight without my back turned and no knives this time round
Well, whoever took the watch is not returning it to you for the reward so you can find out who did it. Your watch was probably fenced into the black market, or whatever it's called these days, for pennies on the dollar, never to be heard of again. Your only hope is it was amateur locals who sold it to a local pawn shop. A police report would uncover that in most places as the reports go to the pawn shops daily.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 04:24 AM   #117
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Sorry to hear this story. May the Scumbags that took your watch receive the Karma they deserve and Rot in Hell!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 04:46 AM   #118
chriswatch
"TRF" Member

Thank you yes the officer said sometimes that happens and occasionally they raid known targets and find them.

I can only try cant I?
Old 13 November 2023, 04:47 AM   #119
chriswatch
"TRF" Member

It’s unreal mate thank you. Can’t believe some idiot thought it was A.I because I haven’t checked the replies. Shows you the level of society but thank you for your kind words.
Old 13 November 2023, 04:48 AM   #120
chriswatch
"TRF" Member

Thank you me too 😁