The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Closed Thread

Old 18 November 2013, 12:00 PM   #91
seadog
"TRF" Member

I assume the dealer in question monitors the internet. Their silence on this matter is a worry as there is always two sides to every story.

Watch buying is now via a giant global wide shopping mall, dealers need to remember this as far as customer service is concerned. They may not compete on price, but customer service is still a valuable currency that still matter to a lot of people.
Old 18 November 2013, 01:55 PM   #92
redsubby
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrema View Post
There are two sides to every story...

Why is Bremont under any obligation? The AD (a third party) supposedly negotiated the deal and they really had no obligation to even involve themselves. They offered a watch at list, which is the best price that they could offer. They probably did exchange a call or email to address the discount, but why would they involve the buyer?
And you know for sure which side is correct?
When we see posts like this, we comment based on the information given. And based on the information given by the OP, the AD in my opinion is 100% at fault, unless you know something I don't, then that's a different story.

Of course the brand should get involved if the AD is misrepresenting the brand. Like I said there is not much the brand can do to offer the dude the same negotiated offer, but if I was Bremont I would definitely have a serous talk with the AD on how their customers are treated.
Old 18 November 2013, 04:40 PM   #93
Kustoms4ever

Watch: AP & Rolex
Do you have any idea what Rolex would say if you called them asking to honor a discount from an AD... They would tell you to pound sand let alone sell you a watch direct.
Old 18 November 2013, 05:31 PM   #94
leicashot
"TRF" Member

Watch: SEIKO SLA033
Nice to see the posts have become much more civilized. It is correct that there are two sides and to be fair, the dealer is not an online dealer, so I doubt it is in their business to monitor such activity, and they are probably best not to comment, in hope that people view my side as a disgruntled angry customer who expected the world and cried when he didn't get it.

This IS only one side of the story but I have emails that prove every word I have said here so the AD/Manufacturer would have a tough time arguing that I was making any of this up. The biggest argument that has come from this is whether Bremont should have given me a discount. As a customer I am not entitled to anything. In fact I doubt Bremont ever offers such transactions directly. Maybe people think I should be grateful for their offer.

....but considering they are the ones who authorized my original price/deal with the AD, I think it's only fair to stand by that offer. Instead they wanted to me to pay them the full retail price including tax, which they weren''t paying, as well as the potential and most likely tax I'll be charged when the watch enters the country. Why anyone would think I have no reason to be upset about spending $1500 more to buy direct, is beyond my reasonable understanding. That is like punishing me for having a dispute with the dealer because they don't believe it's the AD's fault, and believe I made the whole story up.

Again, let me repeat in case I was not clear. Bremont WAS the one who gave the AD authorization for the original discount, then decided to take that away and charge me more than list after the deal went sour between myself and the AD. This, in their minds was a resolution. Instead they could have referred me to another overseas dealer and organized some sort of deal. Why they'd offer me what they did is beyond my understanding.

Was I really expecting too much?

...anyway guys thanks to all who contributed to this post, good and bad. It certainly was an experience and I understand those who took offense to it but I'm over fighting so wish you all well. See you on another thread with more positivity.

Cheers
Old 18 November 2013, 06:30 PM   #95
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leicashot View Post
Nice to see the posts have become much more civilized. It is correct that there are two sides and to be fair, the dealer is not an online dealer, so I doubt it is in their business to monitor such activity, and they are probably best not to comment, in hope that people view my side as a disgruntled angry customer who expected the world and cried when he didn't get it.

This IS only one side of the story but I have emails that prove every word I have said here so the AD/Manufacturer would have a tough time arguing that I was making any of this up. The biggest argument that has come from this is whether Bremont should have given me a discount. As a customer I am not entitled to anything. In fact I doubt Bremont ever offers such transactions directly. Maybe people think I should be grateful for their offer.

....but considering they are the ones who authorized my original price/deal with the AD, I think it's only fair to stand by that offer. Instead they wanted to me to pay them the full retail price including tax, which they weren''t paying, as well as the potential and most likely tax I'll be charged when the watch enters the country. Why anyone would think I have no reason to be upset about spending $1500 more to buy direct, is beyond my reasonable understanding. That is like punishing me for having a dispute with the dealer because they don't believe it's the AD's fault, and believe I made the whole story up.

Again, let me repeat in case I was not clear. Bremont WAS the one who gave the AD authorization for the original discount, then decided to take that away and charge me more than list after the deal went sour between myself and the AD. This, in their minds was a resolution. Instead they could have referred me to another overseas dealer and organized some sort of deal. Why they'd offer me what they did is beyond my understanding.

Was I really expecting too much?

...anyway guys thanks to all who contributed to this post, good and bad. It certainly was an experience and I understand those who took offense to it but I'm over fighting so wish you all well. See you on another thread with more positivity.

Cheers
I still don't understand this part?
Is it because the AD told you so?
Old 18 November 2013, 08:02 PM   #96
leicashot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
I still don't understand this part?
Is it because the AD told you so?
Yes, the AD told me that the deal had to be authorized by Bremont. He even mentioned the bracelet as part of the reason why he had to contact Bremont as I had a budget I wanted to stick to.
Old 18 November 2013, 08:39 PM   #97
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Yes, the AD told me that the deal had to be authorized by Bremont. He even mentioned the bracelet as part of the reason why he had to contact Bremont as I had a budget I wanted to stick to.
Now I'm really confused.

After the way the ad handled the deal, mistreated and lied to you, you chose to believe some of his statements and based on that you decided to bash an entire manufacturer?
Old 18 November 2013, 08:42 PM   #98
leicashot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Now I'm really confused.

After the way the ad handled the deal, mistreated and lied to you, you chose to believe some of his statements and based on that you decided to bash an entire manufacturer?
So we're going to go down this road again?

No need to take it personally. This is not about you. No point even trying to explain anything anymore. The people who understand actually can see my point of view, which is one side of this story, obviously.

You can choose to believe it or not, but no need to take anything personally.

I have told my story. Lets leave it at that.
Old 18 November 2013, 08:49 PM   #99
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
So we're going to go down this road again?

No need to take it personally. This is not about you. No point even trying to explain anything anymore. The people who understand actually can see my point of view, which is one side of this story, obviously.

You can choose to believe it or not, but no need to take anything personally.

I have told my story. Lets leave it at that.
I understand, it's frustrating when you don't get it your way.
Old 18 November 2013, 09:14 PM   #100
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paverman View Post
Personally, I think this thread should be padlocked as no further good can come from it. Peace all.
Agree and too the original poster plus other members be careful how and what you post, subject and thread closed.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Closed Thread