The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 5 November 2016, 01:07 AM   #91
dardeca
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2XcelR8 View Post
This was the same store that sparked my thread a week or so ago.

Wait until tomorrow when I walk in with my brand new Hulk LV and have the same saleslady size it for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the service there is already known to be bad, why would you let them size your new watch?
Old 5 November 2016, 01:47 AM   #92
ernie2
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD4K+BLNR
I was in retail many years ago. Workers ( managers / salesmen) are in the store for only 1 reason : Sell something and make money to bring home a paycheck. There are only a few hours a day in the store so we have to choose carefully who we spend our time with. You cannot blame the salespeople for sizing up prospects first before investing their time. If I spend 1/2 hr on a "just looking" customer, that means I am potentially making 1 less sale and bring less money home that week to my family.

If someone comes in just to look around, you are more than welcome in my store. But if you want to come take up my time and ask for free stuff. Come'on, should I stop making sales and go make sure you are happy.

We got to be empathetic to the other side too.
Old 5 November 2016, 02:04 AM   #93
Splash
"TRF" Member

The AD's are sick and tired of people coming in to "window shop" for free magazines, taking a picture of the magazine to post on the internet, only to leave without it and get their free magazines from a grey trusted magazine provider.
Old 5 November 2016, 02:08 AM   #94
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
im usually anti AD rude sales person, but if this bothers you that much shop elsewhere. i wouldnt even bat an eye at it or get offended.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 5 November 2016, 03:50 AM   #95
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southcarolina1801 View Post
I know a disgusting salesperson when I see one.

First she is 'nasty' now she's 'disgusting' - all because she didn't give you a magazine?

She doesn't owe you anything and coming in with that entitled attitude probably didn't help matters.

I feel sorry for her having to deal with some people.
Old 5 November 2016, 03:55 AM   #96
gregmoeck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek
It's just a magazine, he may take it home and his wife might look at it and there is a sale.. sizing people up is rude
Old 5 November 2016, 03:56 AM   #97
southcarolina1801
"TRF" Member

My whole experience has NOTHING to do with the magazine. Her condescending attitude had everything to do with my dissatisfaction. I have zero sense of entitlement, I just expect to be treated like a valued prospective customer instead of an annoyance.

In my line of work, there's no way I could get away with how I was treated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
First she is 'nasty' now she's 'disgusting' - all because she didn't give you a magazine?

She doesn't owe you anything and coming in with that entitled attitude probably didn't help matters.

I feel sorry for her having to deal with some people.
Old 5 November 2016, 03:59 AM   #98
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southcarolina1801 View Post
My whole experience has NOTHING to do with the magazine. Her condescending attitude had everything to do with my dissatisfaction. .
Uh, interesting.

So calling someone nasty and disgusting, like you did her, isn't condescending?

And you did feel entitled (based upon YOUR description)--you were mad because you felt she owned you a magazine and "I also even had a Rolex on my wrist".

Well good luck with your AD hunt, didn't sound like you were buying anything from her anyways, so I'd say she did a fine job.
Old 5 November 2016, 04:00 AM   #99
Luv2XcelR8
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dardeca View Post
If the service there is already known to be bad, why would you let them size your new watch?
It was a joke..
Old 5 November 2016, 04:01 AM   #100
jwkunkle
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: The Next One
Were you there to possibly buy a watch? Or only looking for the free magazine?
Old 5 November 2016, 04:07 AM   #101
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Now I know what is missing from my life....

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
Old 5 November 2016, 04:08 AM   #102
pampam
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie2 View Post
I was in retail many years ago. Workers ( managers / salesmen) are in the store for only 1 reason : Sell something and make money to bring home a paycheck. There are only a few hours a day in the store so we have to choose carefully who we spend our time with. You cannot blame the salespeople for sizing up prospects first before investing their time. If I spend 1/2 hr on a "just looking" customer, that means I am potentially making 1 less sale and bring less money home that week to my family.

If someone comes in just to look around, you are more than welcome in my store. But if you want to come take up my time and ask for free stuff. Come'on, should I stop making sales and go make sure you are happy.

I'm staying away from you, your a bad salesman
Old 5 November 2016, 04:30 AM   #103
doubleinfive
"TRF" Member

Why would you go back to the same AD for the third time after two bad experiences? Did you really want to strike out?
Old 5 November 2016, 04:54 AM   #104
2th_doc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Uh, interesting.

So calling someone nasty and disgusting, like you did her, isn't condescending?

And you did feel entitled (based upon YOUR description)--you were mad because you felt she owned you a magazine and "I also even had a Rolex on my wrist".

Well good luck with your AD hunt, didn't sound like you were buying anything from her anyways, so I'd say she did a fine job.

X2

Old 5 November 2016, 05:01 AM   #105
ernie2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampam View Post
It's funny you said that. If you come into my store not planning to do any business, you are more than welcome to look around in the store.

But if you just want to waste both of our time, do some chit-chat, see if there are any free promo give-aways, , then please stay as far away from me as possible. I didn't wake up early in the morning, drop my kids off to school, haul my butt to work just to be your BFF. Salesmen have to pay rent too.

Duing my years of selling home electronics, I was always top 1,2,3 sales in my store. That was because I choose to spend my time on quality customers. I give my (buying) customers great service. Taught them everything I know, made sure they have what they needed at the best possible prices. I even personally drove to customers homes afterwork to help them setup complicated systems at my own time and expense.

Customers want quality salespeople. Salespeople want quality customers too.
Old 5 November 2016, 05:33 AM   #106
pampam
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It's funny you said that. If you come into my store not planning to do any business, you are more than welcome to look around in the store.

But if you just want to waste both of our time, do some chit-chat, see if there are any free promo give-aways, , then please stay as far away from me as possible. I didn't wake up early in the morning, drop my kids off to school, haul my butt to work just to be your BFF. Salesmen have to pay rent too.

Duing my years of selling home electronics, I was always top 1,2,3 sales in my store. That was because I choose to spend my time on quality customers. I give my (buying) customers great service. Taught them everything I know, made sure they have what they needed at the best possible prices. I even personally drove to customers homes afterwork to help them setup complicated systems at my own time and expense.

Customers want quality salespeople. Salespeople want quality customers too.
Rule one, treat every person that enters that door in your store a quality customer, even if he takes his time. If you don't like what you do I'm sorry get another job that requires less patience. period. I hope you learn something.
Old 5 November 2016, 05:39 AM   #107
gregmoeck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek
Call Rolex NYC and complain, they will listen and tell the regional rep
Old 5 November 2016, 05:44 AM   #108
ernie2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Rule one, treat every person that enters that door in your store a quality customer, even if he takes his time. If you don't like what you do I'm sorry get another job that requires less patience. period. I hope you learn something.
Thanks for your lesson, especially your RULE ONE. I will take that to heart. Too bad I don't work in retail anymore. Otherwise, I would immediately pull the gate down, close the store for 10 minutes and gather all the salesmen to make sure they get the RULE ONE down. Oh, and let's not forget the last advice with the "PERIOD" emphasis.

FYI, I treat everyone entered my store with respect and smile, I just don't invest my time in people who wastes my time.

BTW, since you wrote the book on customer service, do you own any retail businesses ? Are you in sales ? Business doing alright ? what are your numbers so far this year ?
Old 5 November 2016, 05:51 AM   #109
sergenubretsuisse
Banned

Watch: Rolex Sub 16800
I have guy who always come into my work to talk like he have no friend. Difficile to work when guy take advantage to use you for his friend when you can go nowhere and then you do not get enough money because this guy. Must tell him no polite way
Old 5 November 2016, 05:57 AM   #110
mtgjr
Banned

Watch: Pepsi GMT
Quote:
And you're a bad speller.
Old 5 November 2016, 06:03 AM   #111
mtgjr
Banned

Watch: Pepsi GMT
Quote:
And now he owns six Speaker Cities and is worth 3.5 million dollars that the government knows about......
Old 5 November 2016, 06:54 AM   #112
EDL7
"TRF" Member

I've owned my own retail business for over 2 decades..and yes..retailers & salespeople get sick of customers from time to time..call it job burnout..call it jaded..call it anything you like..but it happens..
That said..its always best to not judge anyone...either for ethical/philosophical..or for business purposes..(ie greed)..as it doesn't do anyone any good..
I remember a time when someone came into my gift shop with a big bag of groceries straight from the deli next door..and was looking like a very poor maybe homeless person of suspect origin..unshaved... filthy clothes and around 45 years old..
There was another shopper in there too as well..and this person started to make off the cuff berating remarks about the "homeless" guy..and I was frankly..embarrassed..that this guy was saying things so bad to anyone..that he didnt even know..
no matter how he looked...
Well..the "homeless" guy..just bit his tongue and said nothing back..I felt bad for him...the other guy soon left...and didn't spend a dime..
But guess who spent a ton on cash at my shop 5 min later..yup..the "homeless" guy..
I'll never forget that..he made my day...!
Retailers have a lot to deal with in regards to the public..I remember the time someone cut a fart in my shop..and I had to pretend that I didn't smell it...for 30 min..it was that bad..
Then there was the lady that came in with the flu on Dec 24th coughing everywhere....and I got it the next day and my holiday was ruined..
Then there was the time a lady came in with her baby..and it suddenly sprung a leak...and yes..crap was everywhere..and the other customers promptly ran out (lost business for me)..and I was cleaning up for a couple of hrs afterwards...
..my wife who works in an art gallery said..thats the 1st time that's ever happened to you..??..it happens all the time here at the art gallery..w/babies..and leaks..
And then there are the thieves and the time wasters..which may be worse than the thieves..because they hurt the business by wasting peoples time..making you their captive entertainment..and loving every min of it..
Anyway..
Some Rolex AD's are pure crap...and some are great..some may just be having a bad day..and some intrinsically are just in the wrong profession..it happens all the time...just look at doctors...plenty of bad ones out there..
IMO..if there was a stack of mags on the counter..they should have given one to you w/o a 2nd thought..or offered to sell it to you...whatever the store policy was..its just a friggen mag..wtf..?? Why create problems..?
But that said.there are some customers that just want to have fun at the stores time and expense..
But if I'm in the mood to socialize..then I'm ok with that..its fun for everyone.. most times..
But if I'm needing to be somewhere else..then I tell em straight out..(some customers like the honesty..some don't)..
I tell em...I'm busy right now..and am going to get lunch and close the shop up...(to get em out and on their way...and yes..its a small 1 man operation)..
..so we have to wrap this up soon..as I've got things to do..then they leave..
But to tell you the truth..I really don't like the vibe in Rolex ADs as in..generally too uptight..unrelaxed..in the 2 AD's in my area..the opposite of welcoming..
So I just buy from out of state AD at a better price then the trusted dealers here..and they take a credit card too..
That said..the used watch retail store dealers in my area..2 of them ..have been exemplary in every respect..
I told them straight out when I arrived..I wasn't buying today..and just looking..and they spent loads of time with me..true pros..good people..years of business experience..
I think I'll pay them a visit soon...I'm getting the hankerin for a JLC..
Old 5 November 2016, 07:21 AM   #113
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Quote:

And I would never give you a dime.
Old 5 November 2016, 07:25 AM   #114
breitlings
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgjr View Post
And you're a bad speller.
That's grammar.
Old 5 November 2016, 07:25 AM   #115
breitlings
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgjr View Post
And now he owns six Speaker Cities and is worth 3.5 million dollars that the government knows about......
And that's funny!
Old 5 November 2016, 07:43 AM   #116
emersm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDL7 View Post
..I remember the time someone cut a fart in my shop..and I had to pretend that I didn't smell it.....
Old 5 November 2016, 07:47 AM   #117
ronricks
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkaholic View Post
Sounds like Mayors. They're fairly notorious for bad behavior. I've experienced it myself here.

If you're looking to browse or purchase in ATL, I've found that the staff at Brown & Co and Tara Fine Jewelery are both extremely professional and welcoming.
Which Brown & Co has the better Rolex inventory Roswell or Buckhead?
Closed Thread