The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 April 2017, 02:51 PM   #91
Lark
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanos View Post
Have to agree.
Lark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2017, 02:56 PM   #92
Rol604
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Panerai
Newer Rolex I own are extremely accurate. I think they are suppose to be. 5 digit rolex, Panerai.. etc. Are less accurate. But I really don't care if they are 3, 4 seconds a day out side of COSC.
Rol604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2017, 03:03 PM   #93
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBlueFish View Post
I assume he wants the watch to be punctual, I.e. on time? Just guessing he's being funny.

That said, I'm floored that so many people don't care if their $6000 or more expensive wrist watch performs as advertised. I didn't see that coming. The way I see it if that's truly the case why bother setting the watch at all? If it's just for fashion I'd consider a gold bracelet or something other than a watch.

I assume no one is happy with a new TV that has dead pixels. I can't imagine anyone wants a new sports car only firing on 7 cylinders. I'm guessing no one would buy a brand new Rolex with cosmetic flaws. I don't really see not meeting the advertised accuracy any different. I mean all those things still function, pretty much.

But you know, even though it doesn't make a lot of sense to me I respect someone's opinion if they don't care about accuracy, even a stranger on the internet, enough to not insult them for it. However I don't think I'd buy a used watch from them lol.

Now people being rude and insulting, that's just insane.

Saying someone who cares about accuracy and precision is OCD. Telling someone if they don't like it to buy a $10 quartz watch. Implying that if they're not happy with it they're the one with the problem. Mocking them about being 30 seconds late. I don't even know...

What is it? Do they tear others down to feel better about themselves?

You're not wrong if you don't care about it, and neither is the person who does. But trying to make someone feel bad for having a legitimate concern kinda makes you a dick.

If the only way you know how to voice the opinion that accuracy doesn't matter is to insult the person to whom it does (or call them OCD, tell them they bought the wrong watch, or mock them about being 30 seconds late), maybe call your mom first and ask for a refresher course on good manners? Or I don't know, don't say anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote