The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 13 June 2022, 06:12 AM   #91
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW44 View Post
Who edited your requote here please?

Was it the O/P (as is his right) or was it you to make another dreary, tiresomely negative post?
it's funny how the same few people on here only come on to post doomer negative shit
Old 13 June 2022, 06:20 AM   #92
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
it's funny how the same few people on here only come on to post doomer negative shit

Indeed.

There seems to be a cabal of about half a dozen TRF posters that seem to be luxuriating in a market movement that was a) clearly inevitable at some point and b) not proven to be the death spiral they seem to be salivating for.
Old 13 June 2022, 06:38 AM   #93
joa
"TRF" Member

here is what's gonna happen:

1. market will keep going down.
2. market will hit rock bottom.
3. market will climb again.

during phase 1 and 2, the self proclaimed watch purists and aficionados cheering about crash will not use the opportunity to buy. And when we are in phase 3 they will again be left out in the rain and complain how the market wronged them... seeing the same with crypto and stocks all the time as well..
Old 13 June 2022, 06:38 AM   #94
jsobral
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5164R-5167R-5107R
I'm not a watch market expert, but I did study economics. Grey market value is nonsense, should go down eventually. Rolex.com MSRP will not go down though. Maybe stay the same for a good amount of time before going up again.
Old 13 June 2022, 06:41 AM   #95
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joa View Post

during phase 1 and 2, the self proclaimed watch purists and aficionados cheering about crash will not use the opportunity to buy. And when we are in phase 3 they will again be left out in the rain and complain how the market wronged them... seeing the same with crypto and stocks all the time as well..
yeah the classic "please just let btc go back below 30k one more time and i'll buy" lol. then they're nowhere to be found when it happens
Old 13 June 2022, 06:43 AM   #96
AbeFroman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsobral View Post
I'm not a watch market expert, but I did study economics. Grey market value is nonsense, should go down eventually. Rolex.com MSRP will not go down though. Maybe stay the same for a good amount of time before going up again.
You studied economics, yet, you created a thread a couple days ago asking if you should buy a DD40 and that you would “have to literally rob the bank to afford it”. I don’t know what university you took your econ class at.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...1&postcount=19
Old 13 June 2022, 06:50 AM   #97
Jaypremium
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbeFroman View Post
You studied economics, yet, you created a thread a couple days ago asking if you should buy a DD40 and that you would “have to literally rob the bank to afford it”. I don’t know what university you took your econ class at.

Lmfao nah when u pull receipts my laughter reaches to the sky lolllllllll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13 June 2022, 06:51 AM   #98
alonsowwss
"TRF" Member

Watch: DateJust 41
Quote:

The internet is ruthless
Old 13 June 2022, 06:52 AM   #99
-Ally-
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Do they offer refunds?

Quote:
Old 13 June 2022, 07:30 AM   #100
jsobral
"TRF" Member

Quote:

It was just a metaphor alluding the high value of the item. The fact that you comment on that instead of my point of view makes me think you are really, really dumb.
Old 13 June 2022, 07:35 AM   #101
rolex16
Banned

Quote:
So, you don’t see it happening. Right.

But you claim “they can force dealers to buy whatever they produce” is nonsense I’m afraid. Do you actually know how the Rolex AD ordering portal works and the direct monthly supply/invoicing to their AD’s as well?

As for prices (trade/retail) Rolex will simply do whatever they want there and it won’t change a thing in terms of the wider market. That’s been proven over the years for their brands and others in the premium watch market.
You're telling me Rolex can't and doesn't pretty much dictate terms to ADs? Come on!
Old 13 June 2022, 07:43 AM   #102
rolex16
Banned

Quote:
Same can be said the other way. Same few folks lauding the greys and saying there is no change happening, citing one source only, how they know it all and have seen it all, etc.

Some of the people posting this "negative shit" have more than 30 years of Rolex experience too, and not all those people have been forum members the entire time. They just don't go around posting their resume/CV in every response like it somehow qualifies their "advice" and "predictions" as gospel.
Old 13 June 2022, 07:55 AM   #103
GusFring
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joa View Post

This sir is bang on the money and along the lines of what I said earlier, they wait for it like some kind of bitter I told you moment, but then when pieces are available suddenly there’s nothing to moan about and having an actual watch on their wrist is no longer of interest.
Old 13 June 2022, 08:01 AM   #104
AbeFroman
Banned

Quote:
It was just a metaphor alluding the high value of the item. The fact that you comment on that instead of my point of view makes me think you are really, really dumb.
It seems the point of my post was lost on you. The fact you majored in econ and still created that thread speaks.

Let’s hope you’re not a CPA in your country.
Old 13 June 2022, 08:02 AM   #105
rolex16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
this sir is bang on the money and along the lines of what i said earlier, they wait for it like some kind of bitter i told you moment, but then when pieces are available suddenly there’s nothing to moan about and having an actual watch on their wrist is no longer of interest.
msrp
Old 13 June 2022, 08:05 AM   #106
GusFring
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex16 View Post
msrp
In what context do you mean Nick?
Old 13 June 2022, 08:07 AM   #107
Madman37
"TRF" Member

When DavidSW starts driving a Nissan then you all will knows it’s a crash.
Old 13 June 2022, 08:11 AM   #108
jsobral
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It seems the point of my post was lost on you. The fact you majored in econ and still created that thread speaks.

Let’s hope you’re not a CPA in your country.
So you though I was literally going to rob a bank?

No way your intuition tells you I'm joking?

Jesus, what a retard.
Old 13 June 2022, 08:13 AM   #109
Beo3
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman37 View Post
When DavidSW starts driving a Nissan then you all will knows it’s a crash.

Never gonna happen.
Old 13 June 2022, 08:16 AM   #110
rolex16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFring View Post
In what context do you mean Nick?
The only target that matters is MSRP, anything above that is not worth buying at. These folks you guys were talking about include people like me who refuse to feed the hype at any scale. If I can get it at the AD great, otherwise, oh well. The only reason I and many others even care about the prices going down is as a proxy for when we might see availability at the AD at MSRP.
Old 13 June 2022, 08:22 AM   #111
Dannyv
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126234
Quote:
The only target that matters is MSRP, anything above that is not worth buying at. These folks you guys were talking about include people like me who refuse to feed the hype at any scale. If I can get it at the AD great, otherwise, oh well. The only reason I and many others even care about the prices going down is as a proxy for when we might see availability at the AD at MSRP.
Yep - I am in the same boat. Many many others are as well. It’s why I don’t think we will see ADs filled any time soon. Go back 2ish years before the boom/pandemic and they were still empty for the most part. Wait times were quite short on “less desirable” models but it wasn’t a walk in walk out service.

The lists are long and filled with people chomping at the bit to buy MSRP or even slightly above (5-10%).

Some things will die in the ass like I said earlier, but for the most part I think things will still be “hard” to get.
Old 13 June 2022, 08:28 AM   #112
jrh282
"TRF" Member

Quote:
yeah the classic "please just let btc go back below 30k one more time and i'll buy" lol. then they're nowhere to be found when it happens
BTC around $27K. I'd personally wait for it to go down further. I believe it dipped down to $3K ish at the beginning of COVID. I also think grey prices are heavily inflated and will come down further given the end of 'easy money'.

Just my two cents.
Old 13 June 2022, 08:42 AM   #113
GW44
"TRF" Member

Icon7

Quote:
You're telling me Rolex can't and doesn't pretty much dictate terms to ADs? Come on!
Thanks for confirming your complete knowledge gap.
Old 13 June 2022, 08:58 AM   #114
Jimbo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Spot on. Rolex will absolutely protect their brand and place in the market above all regardless what the economy is doing.
To look at it from another view point: Rolex isn’t that expensive of a purchase for those even with moderate money and no amount of inflation is gonna make anyone with some money blink for a $30k watch purchase. Rolex will ensure they are always highly demanded within their buying demographic. Watch Rolex discontinue a hot model and see money flow like water to get it.
I don't think Rolexes going for 2 to 3 times MSRP is where Rolex wants to be. Remember, they don't sell directly to consumers. They sell to ADs who then sell to consumers. ADs cannot sell for more than MSRP. They know pretty much exactly what they will be making for each watch they sell to an AD.

Also, as a "charitible" organization that has no shareholders, they do not have to own up to anybody. They can do what they want.

So cutting production has nothing to do with "defending" their brand. Defending is up to their marketing department and lawyers.

Rolex was doing fine in the era when Daytona's were their worst selling watch, and discounts at ADs were common. They will still thrive and do well if those times come back (which I don't think will, but I clearly do not think 3x retail in the greys is normal or anything Rolex or its ADs actually desire).

There's nothing here to defend if you are talking about prices.
Old 13 June 2022, 08:59 AM   #115
rolex16
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for confirming your complete knowledge gap.

Please educate me, I’d love to know what I’m missing.

Old 13 June 2022, 09:03 AM   #116
GW44
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Yes, it’s completely correct but you carry on with your entertainment agenda
Old 13 June 2022, 09:07 AM   #117
rolex16
Banned

Quote:
Yes, it’s completely correct but you carry on with your entertainment agenda
Nice attitude. I asked for you to fill in the gaps, not give me a BS response.
Old 13 June 2022, 09:08 AM   #118
GW44
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Please educate me, I’d love to know what I’m missing.

So, again.

Do you know how the Rolex portal actually works?

Do you understand/know how the the non contractual supply chain really works?
Old 13 June 2022, 09:09 AM   #119
GW44
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nice attitude. I asked for you to fill in the gaps, not give me a BS response.

Thank you
Old 13 June 2022, 09:15 AM   #120
rolex16
Banned

Quote:
So, again.

Do you know how the Rolex portal actually works?

Do you understand/know how the the non contractual supply chain really works?
I do not have firsthand knowledge of what you asked. What I have heard is that Rolex requires ADs to purchase certain amounts of certain watches, etc. That’s where greys helped in the past, because the ADs could offload slow movers to them to keep the new inventory coming in. I also have heard ADs can’t order what they want, and am told they have no idea what they will receive or when.

What am I missing?
Closed Thread