The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 20 October 2016, 12:43 PM   #91
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Sadly yes, I think if you're into water sports like me it's best to have something like a Submariner after this incident. It's completely understandable why your confidence in the Patek Philippe piece would be out the window so to speak. Sadly I've always viewed them as "dress" watches or something similar. I'm hoping they can rectify these issues and allow folks like yourself to use watches designed for the water in the water without the above mentioned issues.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2016, 05:57 PM   #92
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but if Patek know they're using seals which deteriorate within the recommended service interval (3-5 years), you'd think they'd take steps to include such information in their owner manuals, wouldn't you?
As they don't, from the PDFs viewable on their site, then they must be confident that the seals should be good for a minimum of 5 years.
Given the relative lack of usage of this watch over the period since purchase (and assuming it was freshly assembled rather than sitting for some time), then the damaged parts list would indicate this has happened over time, and not as a result of this one incident.
As such, that would tend to suggest this particular watch falls short of Patek's quality levels.

Trust is good control is better.

iPhone/Tapatalk

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2016, 01:07 AM   #93
nakedtoes
"TRF" Member

could it be the 2 pcs design of the watch and sandwich with a black silicon seal in between and the seal wear off somehow or not secure properly in the first place?... I have the aquanaut and i know it is a single pc design .... i am thinking twice whether to get the 5712 or the 5726
nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2016, 02:36 AM   #94
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedtoes View Post

could it be the 2 pcs design of the watch and sandwich with a black silicon seal in between and the seal wear off somehow or not secure properly in the first place?... I have the aquanaut and i know it is a single pc design .... i am thinking twice whether to get the 5712 or the 5726

All modern Nautilus /aqua are made out of 3pcs ,bezel,case,transparentcaseback.The original ref.37xx were consist 2pcs ,a monoblocque case and the bezel.

iPhone/Tapatalk

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote