The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 April 2020, 10:32 AM   #91
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
IMG_15Apr2020at101712am.jpg

IMG_15Apr2020at102402am.jpg

It’s amazing the turn around in fortunes of the GMT I bought my 16710 about 13 years ago and it’s hard to believe that it was the one sports model that was unloved.I paid about £2200 at the time it’s amazing to see how the prices have steadily increased,ok the events that surround us at the moment will change those values but over time everything will increase once again.
Couldn’t help including my Tudor love my watches stay safe everyone.
996marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2020, 03:25 PM   #92
smym18
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_1908 View Post
Is that the new super jubilee bracelet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, it’s the 62510 hollow bracelet.
smym18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2020, 03:42 PM   #93
Hutrmila
"TRF" Member

Well might need to load more pics one by one due 2 VIP member restrictions ... love the new bracelets and sophisticated clasp but being honest the original wears so much different and is irreplaceable with it. What brings the overall difference when changing wrist from new models to 16710 ... got lucky buying this one as NOS on eBay under 1K in €

Hutrmila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2020, 03:42 PM   #94
Hutrmila
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutrmila View Post

Well might need to load more pics one by one due 2 VIP member restrictions ... love the new bracelets and sophisticated clasp but being honest the original wears so much different and is irreplaceable with it. What brings the overall difference when changing wrist from new models to 16710 ... got lucky buying this one as NOS on eBay under 1K in €

Old 15 April 2020, 03:43 PM   #95
Hutrmila
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Old 15 April 2020, 03:43 PM   #96
Hutrmila
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Old 15 April 2020, 04:32 PM   #97
007_Omega
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onikage View Post
It's only unfair if you didn't buy one prior to a few years ago. I'm adamant it's the best watch ever made.
As an owner, I agree. It is my favorite watch of all time. Is it incredibly overpriced if we are going spec by spec? Absolutely but so is almost anything vintage if you think about it. The charm factor is worth its price.

I have a smaller wrist and the size is perfection for me. Still sporty but it doesn't have any overpowering presence. I have all 3 bezels but I haven't changed the Pepsi out yet. Don't have the jubilee because I haven't been able to stomach the cost yet.

I used to be a Sub guy but the GMT is all that plus added function and flair. Even if I casually dive, if I really have the urge to wear my watch then the GMT will function just fine.

EDIT: Fun to add that Rolex will never again offer a watch like this. People who want every color under the sun will have to beg their ADs for an opportunity to buy and shell out $10k+ for each combination. Also, while I have stuck to all Rolex factory bezels you can get aftermarket bezels to cover all your color combo desires. Oh, and I should add the faded options add an entirely new flair as well, something else you will not get with the modern pieces.
007_Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2020, 05:07 PM   #98
seattlewatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaggi View Post
Check Chrono24. There are some available for less than $9000 right now. Looks like prices have come down about 10% since I purchased mine last September.

Buy the cheapest one regardless of bezel color. Send it out for service and request for a new bezel of your choice. You won't regret it. Trust me on this.

As an example, if I buy a black bezel on jubilee, and I send it in for service and request a Pepsi bezel & oyster bracelet, what price would I be looking at for the service+changes? Or will they only change the bezel, and I have to source the bracelet independently? Thanks
seattlewatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2020, 10:14 PM   #99
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlewatch View Post
As an example, if I buy a black bezel on jubilee, and I send it in for service and request a Pepsi bezel & oyster bracelet, what price would I be looking at for the service+changes? Or will they only change the bezel, and I have to source the bracelet independently? Thanks
What I did: I called RSC NY first. When they told me that I couldn't get a Pepsi bezel insert to replace my Coke, I called Dallas RSC. Dallas told me they would give me a Pepsi insert. I forgot how much the insert was (less than $50?). Bracelets are around $1200-$1500 depending on if you keep the original.

The price of a bracelet & bezel depends on whether you plan on keeping the originals (it's more money if you keep them). Also, keep in mind when you send in your GMT they will determine if it needs a full service which is $750. The full service means they take the entire watch apart, replace worn parts, clean existing parts, replace the crown, etc.

My advice to you: Call them! They are very nice and helpful. Make sure you ask any & every question. And assume that the watch will need the full service.

It cost me a little less than $1200 for a full service, new bezel insert and work to fix the oyster bracelet (problem with the rivet and clasp).
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2020, 07:33 AM   #100
smym18
"TRF" Member

Delete please
Old 16 April 2020, 07:35 AM   #101
smym18
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlewatch View Post

Here’s a breakdown service quote of a 16710 I sent in without a bezel and requested the old oyster sent back.

Old 16 April 2020, 07:52 AM   #102
e dantes
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smym18 View Post
Here’s a breakdown service quote of a 16710 I sent in without a bezel and requested the old oyster sent back.

Thank you! That is good information.
e dantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2020, 02:21 PM   #103
seattlewatch
"TRF" Member

Thanks!
seattlewatch is offline   Reply With Quote