The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 20 April 2023, 12:24 PM   #91
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

crying. I decided to forego my order with KC a while ago, and focus on only FPJ ... seeing this watch really made me wonder on my original decision

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
ILoveFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2023, 12:33 PM   #92
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
Completely agree.

I now have Haldimann H1 and Logical two on my radar. Except I have no idea what a Logical Two will be.
I have not seen it but I know what the next Logical is.. it's embargo so I suggest you reach out to his IG directly. I'm 200% sure you will love it.
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2024, 01:04 AM   #93
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Final update (unfortunately)

I've regrettably withdrawn my order for this 2026 Vingt-8 but will keep the one that is due in 2028 (yes, I have placed 2 orders for Vingt-8). I know this doesn't make sense at all why I keep my later order but it's an unforced error at my end. My AD SE is understanding though. Sorry everyone for leading this thread up to this point. My apologies.
Old 30 January 2024, 01:08 AM   #94
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post

I've regrettably withdrawn my order for this 2026 Vingt-8 but will keep the one that is due in 2028 (yes, I have placed 2 orders for Vingt-8). I know this doesn't make sense at all why I keep my later order but it's an unforced error at my end. My AD SE is understanding though. Sorry everyone for leading this thread up to this point. My apologies.

Sorry to hear that. What happened? Did you make more changes?

Mine was a 2024 until I added a second matching one for my wife. And that pushed both of them to 2026.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2024, 01:09 AM   #95
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Voutilainen (2030)
Quote:

No need to apologize. You gotta do what makes sense for you. Always happy to hear updates on any Voutilainen‘s.
FrugalGreubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2024, 01:11 AM   #96
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
Sorry to hear that. What happened? Did you make more changes?

Mine was a 2024 until I added a second matching one for my wife. And that pushed both of them to 2026.
I'm buying a watch and trying to save up for it, and came to a conclusion I don't need 2 Vingt-8.
Old 30 January 2024, 01:12 AM   #97
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm buying a watch and trying to save up for it, and came to a conclusion I don't need 2 Vingt-8.

I am sure your AD will find someone happily taking your slot.
Old 30 January 2024, 01:12 AM   #98
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalGreubel View Post
No need to apologize. You gotta do what makes sense for you. Always happy to hear updates on any Voutilainen‘s.
Cheers buddy, and hope to hear your update soon!
Old 30 January 2024, 01:31 AM   #99
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Yeah the wait is ~10 years now, so the AD is probably excited to have something in-stock soon they can sell for more than what they had you locked in at.
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2024, 01:33 AM   #100
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
Yeah the wait is ~10 years now, so the AD is probably excited to have something in-stock soon they can sell for more than what they had you locked in at.

10 years?! That’s a 2034 delivery!
Old 30 January 2024, 01:54 AM   #101
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
It’s 10 now!?!?!??! :(
Old 30 January 2024, 03:53 AM   #102
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Maybe I am wrong, my other friend just said 7 or 8.

Mine is ~5 I think.
Old 30 January 2024, 04:27 AM   #103
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Maybe I am wrong, my other friend just said 7 or 8.

Mine is ~5 I think.
I’m hoping mine is gonna be delivered by 2030 but I have no real idea if that’s even close to when it’ll be ready. I am still waiting on the mock-up and even then I need to decide whether I’m gonna stick with my original idea or go with a pre-existing design I loved. I’m patient but hopefully it ain’t 10 years lol. Still very happy for the brands success.
Old 30 January 2024, 04:34 AM   #104
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m hoping mine is gonna be delivered by 2030 but I have no real idea if that’s even close to when it’ll be ready. I am still waiting on the mock-up and even then I need to decide whether I’m gonna stick with my original idea or go with a pre-existing design I loved. I’m patient but hopefully it ain’t 10 years lol. Still very happy for the brands success.
I haven't bothered specing mine out too much other than locking in Tantalum. Figure tastes will change by the time its actually started...
Old 30 January 2024, 06:01 AM   #105
ajw45
"TRF" Member

Mine is due next year so i just started reaching out to finalize the spec. However, they are so busy email has been rough. 3 or 4 to 1 for emails sent to emails recieved with weeks in between. I get better response from big group brands which is kinda the opposite experience I was hoping for.... ��

New anniversary launch, UJ, new acquisitions, so much going on for a small team I get it but since they've been holding my deposit for a few years I feel like a customer already, a little more responsiveness would be resonable I think.
ajw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2024, 12:10 PM   #106
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw45 View Post
Mine is due next year so i just started reaching out to finalize the spec. However, they are so busy email has been rough. 3 or 4 to 1 for emails sent to emails recieved with weeks in between. I get better response from big group brands which is kinda the opposite experience I was hoping for.... ��

New anniversary launch, UJ, new acquisitions, so much going on for a small team I get it but since they've been holding my deposit for a few years I feel like a customer already, a little more responsiveness would be resonable I think.
That’s awesome yours will be ready next year but damn that poor communication is very disappointing to hear.
Old 30 January 2024, 12:19 PM   #107
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

To be fair to Kari and Vanessa, for my 2nd order due in 2028, they did respond to my emails but sometimes it took a few days or up to more than 1 week to respond. I also experience the same "tempo" when I correspond with a handful others, because they are very small setups and maybe don't check their emails regularly. The younger ones tend to be more responsive over IG and WhatsApp.

Anyway, early congratulations to @ajw45! Looking forward to your GMT next year
Old 30 January 2024, 12:26 PM   #108
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
To be fair to Kari and Vanessa, for my 2nd order due in 2028, they did respond to my emails but sometimes it took a few days or up to more than 1 week to respond. I also experience the same "tempo" when I correspond with a handful others, because they are very small setups and maybe don't check their emails regularly. The younger ones tend to be more responsive over IG and WhatsApp.
Glad to hear the communication hasn’t been bad all around. So far I’ve done everything directly with my AD and am still just waiting on the initial mock up. I haven’t had a reason to communicate directly with anyone from the brand on my own but unsure if that will change down the line. That’s why I was so interested to hear how the back and forth has been for others.

But I do get it. I really don’t think a lot of these brands expected such a quick and sudden rise in popularity. Even Kari it seems it still trying to play catch up lol.

As always glad to hear other peoples experiences, advice and perspective.
Old 30 January 2024, 12:57 PM   #109
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Glad to hear the communication hasn’t been bad all around. So far I’ve done everything directly with my AD and am still just waiting on the initial mock up. I haven’t had a reason to communicate directly with anyone from the brand on my own but unsure if that will change down the line. That’s why I was so interested to hear how the back and forth has been for others.

But I do get it. I really don’t think a lot of these brands expected such a quick and sudden rise in popularity. Even Kari it seems it still trying to play catch up lol.

As always glad to hear other peoples experiences, advice and perspective.
Slow here too but not a huge deal as my slot being worked on for quite some time lol
Old 31 January 2024, 02:30 AM   #110
ajw45
"TRF" Member

Thanks for all the feedback, glad to hear it's a little slow for everyone. I haven't emailed them in a few years since I placed my order so just getting used to the current cadence.
ajw45 is offline   Reply With Quote