The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 24 November 2022, 02:47 AM   #91
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
I like Omega plenty to be sure... A few observations

1. Tudor's rise scared Omega into pricing more aggressively and reducing AD margin (and thus discounts). They aren't the value they used to be. SG is petrified that Omega is frequently cross shopped with Tudor.

2. Rolex unavailability and lack of discounts has (likewise) allowed Omega to to sell at higher prices. It's hard to compete when your competition is unavailable.

3. Milestone pieces to many first time buyers are slanting towards Omega because Rolex is either too hard to acquire (AD) or too expensive (gray). It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the future. Is Omega building brand loyalty with first time buyers or are they a stopgap with these customers who will move to Rolex when more readily available. (Promotion, B-Day, Anniversary, Graduation etc.)

4. Way too many Limited Editions. It creates confusion. Too many iterations as well. I think there is like 292 iterations of the AT line, kind of ridiculous IMO.

5. They still follow Rolex trends. The AT color palette and the gold and green "John Mayer" Speedmaster are examples.

6. Certain models still offer tremendous bang for the buck (but not all). The 300M can't be touched from a value perspective on paper. Styling aside, think about it. Ceramic Bezel, Metas certified, Open caseback, 300m WR, Laser engraved wave dial. All this for the same price that Breitling or Bremont will sell you a SW200.

7. Omegas can absolutely still be had with discounts from AD's. Not to the same extent
as years past, but do your homework (yes, there are a few exception).

8. Other than Rolex, provides the most universally recognizable brand cachet you can buy
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2022, 12:15 AM   #92
Daddy_Terj
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachmaster
I've had a few Rolexes and swear I've not seen a lume as good as this Seamaster NTTD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220428-024751_Chrome.jpg (127.3 KB, 77 views)
Daddy_Terj is offline   Reply With Quote