The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 17 September 2015, 11:46 AM   #1291
Sam Crow
"TRF" Member

What an ordeal. Glad to hear you got it back. Sorry to hear you're letting it go, but you gotta do what's right for you.
Old 17 September 2015, 03:13 PM   #1292
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
The aggravation continues. So about 3 weeks ago when I got it back from the police I took it in to see what I could get for it. I told the staff of JFK collection a local watch shop that I would get the bracelet repaired but that I was considering selling. They offered me 2,100,000 Yen for it. The owner that is .

I would never sell any rolex to anybody that had a defect. So I went straight to the RSC and had the bracelet repaired at a cost to me of 41,040 Yen.

I got it back today from the RSC and went back to JFK to sell it. The owner lowballs me after I spent the money to fix it. He offers me 1,850,000 Yen. He tells me that the RSC had created what he described as a wave near the 70 on the bezel. I looked using my loupe and could see nothing. He brought out his loupe with a light and I still could see nothing. I said so. He then switched gears and said the clasp was the old style so therefore...

Such a load of bullocks. The final frustration in this whole journey. I told him I will never return not refer any business to him and I will not. This is not the first time he has tried to lowball me but I was furious after repairing it at my cost for him then him changing the agreed upon price .
Old 17 September 2015, 03:17 PM   #1293
Gaijin

I went to another guy I know and he gave me a much more reasonable price. You might ask me why I did not sell it on here. I can't get the post office or a shipping company to insure it for the full amount for shipping. So I am stuck.
Old 17 September 2015, 03:22 PM   #1294
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Congrats on the closure Tom
Old 17 September 2015, 03:25 PM   #1295
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Congrats on the closure Tom
Well not quite yet Adam the guy I am selling it to right now is concerned that the watch was not properly cleared for sale. So we are on the phone with the police and the RSC.
Old 17 September 2015, 03:27 PM   #1296
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
Tom, if the insurance is a problem for shipping out the watch, I could take it on my Parcel Pro Contract or you can open an account there yourself.

They need 1 or 2 people to recommend you - I certainly would!
Old 17 September 2015, 03:33 PM   #1297
Gaijin

Ok. All cleared and I got paid. This chapter in my life is over. I feel relieved and very grateful to get it back. I also am very grateful to the members here on TRF for their support.

I know wrist shots are required and I took a few. Although I really don't feel like posting them ( sorry) I will later tonight. Might be more appropriate to post a picture of the cash I got. Just feel a sense of relief.
Old 17 September 2015, 03:43 PM   #1298
Oyster99
"TRF" Member

Watch: me go
Geeez finally! Congrats for having this nightmare ended in some cash! I've read all the posts in all the threads and im glad its finally over..
Regards.
Old 17 September 2015, 04:09 PM   #1299
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondtoys View Post
Tom, if the insurance is a problem for shipping out the watch, I could take it on my Parcel Pro Contract or you can open an account there yourself.

They need 1 or 2 people to recommend you - I certainly would!

That is a really solid very cool offer.. I may take you up on that someday! Thanks!
Old 17 September 2015, 04:36 PM   #1300
DocJekl
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Pepsi GMT II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
Ok. All cleared and I got paid. This chapter in my life is over. I feel relieved and very grateful to get it back. I also am very grateful to the members here on TRF for their support.

I know wrist shots are required and I took a few. Although I really don't feel like posting them ( sorry) I will later tonight. Might be more appropriate to post a picture of the cash I got. Just feel a sense of relief.
Can I ask, what do you plan to buy as a replacement that will make you as happy as this did before this all happened?

Personally, I might have kept it as a souvenir of victory, like a trophy. But I can see how this might have tarnished your love for it. But were there no sentimental memories of things you did with it in the past that you'd still want a reminder of?
OMEGA - Grey Side of the Moon * Speedmaster Pro Speedy Tuesday + 3570.50 + 3572.50 x2 + 145.022-76 * Speedmaster X-33 Solar Impulse LE * Titanium Planet Ocean 8500 and 9300 * Seamaster Pro Ceramic Chrono * Planet Ocean LM LE * Watchco 300 * 1962 Seamaster DeVille gold cap w/date + Seamaster manual
Old 17 September 2015, 05:31 PM   #1301
Gaijin

Wrist and money shot. Closure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1590.jpg (68.3 KB, 499 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3671.jpg (86.7 KB, 499 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2539.jpg (77.5 KB, 499 views)
Old 17 September 2015, 05:40 PM   #1302
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJekl View Post
Can I ask, what do you plan to buy as a replacement that will make you as happy as this did before this all happened?

Personally, I might have kept it as a souvenir of victory, like a trophy. But I can see how this might have tarnished your love for it. But were there no sentimental memories of things you did with it in the past that you'd still want a reminder of?

I can't even think about that right now. Being a non native Japanese speaking WIS in this country has cost me a lot of money. I can't sell well face to face. I can't insure. I can't ship overseas.

So I get stuck like I did today having to deal with a guy who had me. Without a doubt the most infuriating part of this entire process. My Rolex gets stolen. I'll deal with that. The police are lazy. I will light a fire under their ass. The constant hurry up and wait. I got that. No problem.

But when you tell me that you will buy my watch for 2,100,000 Yen like the owner of JFK Collection did, after I wanting to do the right thing say, wait, of course let me get this bracelet fixed first. He agrees. I pay for the repair and then come back and he offers me 1,850,000 Yen. It was like he was testing me to see if he could steal my watch again. I will never go there again and I recommend that you don't as well.

Does anybody see a wave at the 70 mark on the bezel? No? Yea, that is because it was just a lowballing tactic.

I need a break from Rolex thinking right now for a bit. I can't even think what my next model will be and I don't feel it needs to be replaced right now.

There were no sentimental memories. I really did not have it that long. Just lots of bad memories and tense negotiations.

In the end the thrill was gone.
Old 17 September 2015, 05:43 PM   #1303
Gaijin

I did like this cool money counting machine today though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2542.jpg (84.3 KB, 489 views)
Old 17 September 2015, 06:52 PM   #1304
jw0n
"TRF" Member

Gaijin, happy for you mate. Glad this chapter is finally over with. I know many were waiting in anticipation with you for months, but they main character in this play is YOU. So you do what you feel is right. I hope that the price you got was a fair one (certainly sounds more than what you got second time at JFK).

Take a break! Considering where you are, there will be plenty of cheap alternatives to tell time! When another one sings to you, which I am sure will happen in due time, go for it.

I started following this thread late, but I enjoyed reading every page. Oh btw, we have a similar money counting machine here in Malaysia

Instagram: @itsjw0n
Old 17 September 2015, 07:07 PM   #1305
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw0n View Post
Gaijin, happy for you mate. Glad this chapter is finally over with. I know many were waiting in anticipation with you for months, but they main character in this play is YOU. So you do what you feel is right. I hope that the price you got was a fair one (certainly sounds more than what you got second time at JFK).

Take a break! Considering where you are, there will be plenty of cheap alternatives to tell time! When another one sings to you, which I am sure will happen in due time, go for it.

I started following this thread late, but I enjoyed reading every page. Oh btw, we have a similar money counting machine here in Malaysia
Thank you sir. I mean I love to find something that sings to me and Japan is a rolex buyers dream right now. I am just gonna chill for a bit and see what's next another time.
Old 17 September 2015, 07:45 PM   #1306
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
What a relief!!
You've handled this ordeal in a very admirable way. Cheers to you and enjoy the future hunt when the time is right.
Old 17 September 2015, 08:59 PM   #1307
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
I'm happy for you that the ordeal is over Tom.
Old 17 September 2015, 09:16 PM   #1308
SpunkyQ8
"TRF" Member

Watch: RM,AP,PP,RLX,PAM
Glad it's all over..
Old 17 September 2015, 09:17 PM   #1309
Howe
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner blue
so in the end you didnt have to pay for the compensation for the pawn shop.
Old 17 September 2015, 09:26 PM   #1310
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
I am glad that the whole ordeal is over and you can move on. I would do the same. As mentioned already, a to. Of inexpensive, high quality Japanese automatics there to tell time with until something blows you away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17 September 2015, 09:35 PM   #1311
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Glad it's over.

Sorry you had to deal with all this.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
Old 17 September 2015, 09:36 PM   #1312
Tassie_Troy1971
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619LV Hulk
Fantastic news !~
Old 17 September 2015, 09:38 PM   #1313
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
Wow! What an adventure! I am very happy to hear (ok, read) that it is all over. Looks like you deserve a nice drink.

Stay safe!
Old 17 September 2015, 11:52 PM   #1314
yyzpam
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP AP Rolex PAM
I've been following the thread for a while and now that there seems to be a conclusion all I can say is....WOW !.....what a saga.

My hats off to you my friend. I know I would not have the patience you did in handling the situation....and things get handled very differently where I'm from (especially once you know who the culprit is). Good on you !
Old 18 September 2015, 12:05 AM   #1315
MTROIS
Banned

What an ordeal!!
We can only respect your choices and decisions and wish you to find closure on this ordeal.
All the best for the best WIS move. :)
Old 18 September 2015, 12:30 AM   #1316
Oyster Al
"TRF" Member

JFK Collection=

Gaijin=

Take a vacation from the watch world for a few weeks, clear your head, and come back a stronger, wiser WIS......you know TRF has your back......
Old 18 September 2015, 12:31 AM   #1317
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
Tom, closure is good. Enjoy the peace of mind that the ordeal is over!
Old 18 September 2015, 12:43 AM   #1318
DJ TT 2002
2024 Pledge Member

Glad it's over!!
Best of luck now as you move forward
Old 18 September 2015, 01:20 AM   #1319
malarky_hk
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Hey buddy...it's finally over. Very happy that you got the watch back and sorted things out. If you still haven't picked anything new by next spring, I'd love to go watch shopping with you when I head over there next year.
Old 18 September 2015, 01:47 AM   #1320
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by malarky_hk View Post
Hey buddy...it's finally over. Very happy that you got the watch back and sorted things out. If you still haven't picked anything new by next spring, I'd love to go watch shopping with you when I head over there next year.
Or in Hong Kong.,
Closed Thread