The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 26 January 2015, 11:49 AM   #121
Ed Rooney
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by linesiders View Post
Yes, the Pats practice with soapy footballs with plenty of drills to keep the football. This has been job #1 in a Bill B offense since day one.

Gray drops the ball - he sits. Ridley drops the ball, he sits. That is the culture of a Patriots team.

Everyone has different practice tricks. Ravens practice with wet, frozen balls before a weather game.

That chart illustrates fines. What does Marshawn Lynch's shoe fine have to do with the Pats cheating?
Ed Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2015, 12:01 PM   #122
Brunotheboxer
Banned

Watch: 16610,PAM. 111, G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Rooney View Post
Everyone has different practice tricks. Ravens practice with wet, frozen balls before a weather game.

That chart illustrates fines. What does Marshawn Lynch's shoe fine have to do with the Pats cheating?
Stop crying like a bitch and face the facts.

The patriots didn't cheat. If the nfl finds and says otherwise then you can say they cheated.
Brunotheboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2015, 02:08 PM   #123
Ed Rooney
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer View Post

The patriots didn't cheat. If the nfl finds and says otherwise then you can say they cheated.

U mad, bro? (I can't stop saying bro, bro)

and Barry Bonds didn't cheat either.
Old 26 January 2015, 03:25 PM   #124
Rondineli
Banned

Watch: DJ II
what was the score of the game again?

Patriots Press Conference Cold Open - Saturday Night Live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-t...GRyTGUbv4#t=91

Rondineli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2015, 07:19 PM   #125
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyv11 View Post
Thank you for posting that chart. Hopefully it shuts a few people up about how the patriots are the biggest cheaters in the nfl.
Belichick was fined 500K and the Pats got half of that for the Jets affair, so this chart seems useless to me...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3018338
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2015, 07:36 PM   #126
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Disclaimer. I hate the Patriots. I hate the Seahawks. Is it possible for both teams to lose? No unfortunately, probably not.

Anyway the point is, if anybody thinks that only the Patriots are the only team in the NFL f-en around with their game balls prior to a home game they are wrong. They call it "home field advantage" for a reason.

If anybody cares I am a Broncos fan. Grew up in Colorado and have been a fan since the days of Craig Morten, Red Miller and their first Super Bowl fiasco with Elway. You know I am salty this year with how they played once again in the post season. Pretty sure the balls inflation had nothing to do with how badly they sucked.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2015, 10:11 PM   #127
Brunotheboxer
Banned

Quote:
U mad, bro? (I can't stop saying bro, bro)

and Barry Bonds didn't cheat either.
Not in the least. My team is going to the super bowl while your team is still trying to figure out the rule book.
Old 26 January 2015, 10:59 PM   #128
Ed Rooney
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not in the least. My team is going to the super bowl while your team is still trying to figure out the rule book.

I don't think I would be enjoying the week knowing that my team has been cheating their way in year in and year out.

Have fun with the Seahawks this week!
Old 26 January 2015, 11:48 PM   #129
linesiders

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
Quote:
Thank you for posting that chart. Hopefully it shuts a few people up about how the patriots are the biggest cheaters in the nfl.
No Prob - I was looking for additional confirmation to provide double sources. Can't believe anything on the Innernet these days. Especially when originating near the Navy's Wayward School for Lost Boys

Quote:

Nothing official has been out yet beyond the NFL stating they are investigating, yet, every talking head and fan-of-a-team-currently-golfing is screaming about this. There is an investigation going on yet all these swinging Richards have proved the crime and declared the sentence. Internet Lynch-mob is out in full force

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc000 View Post
Belichick was fined 500K and the Pats got half of that for the Jets affair, so this chart seems useless to me...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3018338
That was so 2007.

Quote:
I don't think I would be enjoying the week knowing that my team has been cheating their way in year in and year out.
Prove it. Prove the cheating year in and year out.

Quote:
Have fun watching golf .
Old 27 January 2015, 12:04 AM   #130
Brunotheboxer
Banned

Quote:

I will bro.
Old 27 January 2015, 04:33 AM   #131
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
No Prob - I was looking for additional confirmation to provide double sources. Can't believe anything on the Innernet these days. Especially when originating near the Navy's Wayward School for Lost Boys

Nothing official has been out yet beyond the NFL stating they are investigating, yet, every talking head and fan-of-a-team-currently-golfing is screaming about this. There is an investigation going on yet all these swinging Richards have proved the crime and declared the sentence. Internet Lynch-mob is out in full force

That was so 2007.

Prove it. Prove the cheating year in and year out.

Have fun watching golf .
Not every fan of another team...Sorry. Personally I could care less and my take is that Tom Brady could have been tossing golf balls or frisbees and would have whooped them. I also think he is the best QB in the game and coach BB also best coach. I am looking forward to this Super Bowl and glad to see the two best teams this year playing for the Lombardi. Do I like the Patriots? Heck no why would I as a Steelers fan. Do I respect what they have done over the last 12 years or so? Heck yeah they have fielded one amazing team year in and year out. So to Pats fans and Seahwaks fans best of luck to you both and may the best team win in the end!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2015, 04:34 AM   #132
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by HL65 View Post
Not every fan of another team...Sorry. Personally I could care less and my take is that Tom Brady could have been tossing golf balls or frisbees and would have whooped them. I also think he is the best QB in the game and coach BB also best coach. I am looking forward to this Super Bowl and glad to see the two best teams this year playing for the Lombardi. Do I like the Patriots? Heck no why would I as a Steelers fan. Do I respect what they have done over the last 12 years or so? Heck yeah they have fielded one amazing team year in and year out. So to Pats fans and Seahwaks fans best of luck to you both and may the best team win in the end!
well said as always Ken
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2015, 04:49 AM   #133
HL65

Quote:
well said as always Ken
Thanks Manny and good luck!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Old 27 January 2015, 07:56 AM   #134
Tripp11
"TRF" Member

Watch: TOG,PAM312,BR03-92
Man, the NFL really needs to close up their ranks and stop getting played like fools with all of these leaks.

http://nypost.com/2015/01/26/nfl-peg...n-deflategate/
Tripp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2015, 08:54 AM   #135
linesiders

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
Quote:
You sir, always do post with grace that most other fans neglect - sometimes myself included - a grace and integrity that I wish we would see more of from more people.

While not a Steelers fan, I do not hate them and I enjoy when my team beats them fairly and squarely, or thatr all was left on the field when my team looses. And know when my team plays your team, whether Football or Hockey, the games will be competitive and great
Old 27 January 2015, 09:42 AM   #136
Rondineli
Banned

Watch: DJ II
NY times piece on Tom Brady, for you all reading pleasure...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/01/ma...=top-news&_r=0
Rondineli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2015, 09:50 AM   #137
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondineli View Post

Wow, amazing and comprehensive piece. Thank you

Sounds like not hanging out in strip clubs and drinking booze to the wee hours (...ie...johnnie football) is good for the body

Go pats

Winning this one will make up for the 18-1 season and David Tyree. I'm sick of Sherman, Lynch and the 12th man
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2015, 09:57 AM   #138
HL65

Quote:
You sir, always do post with grace that most other fans neglect - sometimes myself included - a grace and integrity that I wish we would see more of from more people.

While not a Steelers fan, I do not hate them and I enjoy when my team beats them fairly and squarely, or thatr all was left on the field when my team looses. And know when my team plays your team, whether Football or Hockey, the games will be competitive and great

Good luck Sunday too and thanks for the kind words!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Old 27 January 2015, 10:28 AM   #139
HL65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondineli View Post

Great article: Nothing but respect for Brady as he is the best in the business and it is no wonder why!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Old 27 January 2015, 10:39 AM   #140
Brunotheboxer
Banned

Quote:
^ this.
Old 27 January 2015, 03:00 PM   #141
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Personally I could care less and my take is that Tom Brady could have been tossing golf balls or frisbees and would have whooped them.
I don't think that this is the point, Ken. No one can reasonably dismiss the value of the team and actually nobody is doing that. We all know that the Patriots performed better in the second half when they were forced to use the correctly inflated balls.

The point is to understand if they cheated. And if they did it, they must be punished regardless of the scores.

A-Rod is a great player regardless of the steroids but he cheated and he was punished. Maybe it would have took him some more years to hit 600 HRs and probably be would have reach that mark without the help but it's not the point.
Old 27 January 2015, 08:47 PM   #142
HL65

Quote:
I don't think that this is the point, Ken. No one can reasonably dismiss the value of the team and actually nobody is doing that. We all know that the Patriots performed better in the second half when they were forced to use the correctly inflated balls.

The point is to understand if they cheated. And if they did it, they must be punished regardless of the scores.

A-Rod is a great player regardless of the steroids but he cheated and he was punished. Maybe it would have took him some more years to hit 600 HRs and probably be would have reach that mark without the help but it's not the point.
Fabio my friend to me this is a bunch of noise which was initiated by a coach who got his rear beat. The Pats have been arguably the most successful franchise for many years and that generates a bunch of haters IMHO. Again I have nothing but respect for Tom Brady and think he is a class act on and off the field. The guy is the most dedicated leader and brings preparedness, passion and fire to every game! I think "Deflategate" is nothing more than a bunch of air. I believe Tom Brady and Coach BB that they knew nothing about it. I also read that the only time balls were away was when attendant went to bathroom for 90 seconds. It is hard to imagine he deflated them in 90 seconds while in bathroom. It is also quite possible cold weather had an effect on them. We don't know and all we do know is that the Pats pummeled the Colts that day and it would have taken more than a Johnny Unitas resurrection for any different outcome. For me again I could care less and as I stated I am thrilled to get to see the best 2 teams playing for Lombardi.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Old 28 January 2015, 06:22 AM   #143
Manofsteelpt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The Pats have been arguably the most successful franchise for many years and that generates a bunch of haters IMHO.
Nail, head, hit... This is it 100%. Haterade ALWAYS in full effect on the Pats, as well as my Yankees.
Manofsteelpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2015, 06:54 AM   #144
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Fabio my friend to me this is a bunch of noise which was initiated by a coach who got his rear beat.
For sure I hope so.
Quote:
I think "Deflategate" is nothing more than a bunch of air.
This is a good one actually
Quote:
I am thrilled to get to see the best 2 teams playing for Lombardi.
That makes at least two of us. As usual I took the Monday off from work to watch the game as it runs overnight here. It doesn't happen frequently but this year we have the two best teams (by a mile IMHO) in competition for the Superbowl so let's hope for a great game. Wilson and Brady represent probably the two most different way to play QB, both loaded with loads of talent and leadership skills.
Old 28 January 2015, 11:37 AM   #145
HL65

Quote:
For sure I hope so.

This is a good one actually

That makes at least two of us. As usual I took the Monday off from work to watch the game as it runs overnight here. It doesn't happen frequently but this year we have the two best teams (by a mile IMHO) in competition for the Superbowl so let's hope for a great game. Wilson and Brady represent probably the two most different way to play QB, both loaded with loads of talent and leadership skills.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Old 29 January 2015, 02:49 AM   #146
Tools

Watch: GMT's
I think that this is possibly the greatest marketing lead-up to a Super Bowl ever.

This concocted "conspiracy" will bring out those who just can't stand the fact that their team is constantly tromped on by a top-notch and well coached team.

This game may likely be a blow-out and everybody will be tuned in (and betting against), just to see the Patriots get "what's coming to them". I suspect it will be the most watched game ever !!

Next year the controversy will be why the Packers have inflated balls above the minimum; and everybody will have their theory on why that gives them an advantage..
Old 29 January 2015, 03:02 AM   #147
ceo012384
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
I think that this is possibly the greatest marketing lead-up to a Super Bowl ever.:
Seriously. I think it's all just media frenzy and the NFL is happy to let it continue as it will increase viewership and therefore revenue.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2015, 03:10 AM   #148
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
Every sports needs an evil empire, it used to be the Raiders, in Basketball is was the Celtics, or the Pistons or the Heat, Yankee's in baseball and the all Blacks in Rugby. This is no different, the NFL is very, very happy with deflategate vs the legion of boom.
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2015, 07:06 AM   #149
Ed Rooney
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think that this is possibly the greatest marketing lead-up to a Super Bowl ever.
I disagree. The NFL hates this. They wanted Pats/Packers. They wanted Rodgers and Matthews in front of the cameras all week. They hate Marshawn Lynch's hat. They hate Richard Sherman's mouth. They hate anyone who rocks their marketing boat. Like any marketing people, they are all about their brand. They don't believe that any publicity is good publicity.

Quote:
This concocted "conspiracy" will bring out those who just can't stand the fact that their team is constantly tromped on by a top-notch and well coached team.
I don't know how this can be concocted. The balls were tested and they were found to be under pressure. The NFL already knows they cheated. They are just trying to find out how high up it goes. This is a rule for a reason. They have a specified air pressure range for a reason, and they have refs check the pressure for a reason. USC was busted for the same violation and they were fined. Furthermore, I wouldn't say the Ravens have been tromped on by the Pats. They are 2-2 in the playoffs, with 2 beatdowns by the Ravens and 2 squeakers by the Pats. In only one of those games has the winner gone on to a Super Bowl victory (so far) - the Ravens.

Quote:
This game may likely be a blow-out and everybody will be tuned in (and betting against), just to see the Patriots get "what's coming to them". I suspect it will be the most watched game ever !!
The lead up to this Super Bowl has been the ugliest, most poisonous, dysfunctional Super Bowl week ever. It just has a bad vibe. I wouldn't be surprised if the Puppy Bowl gets some extra viewers this year.

Quote:
Next year the controversy will be why the Packers have inflated balls above the minimum; and everybody will have their theory on why that gives them an advantage..
Aaron Rodgers stating how he likes a ball to feel and getting caught with over-inflated footballs during a game are two totally different things. One thing is for sure, teams will not be providing their own footballs next year.
Old 29 January 2015, 07:30 AM   #150
Angrypuppy
"TRF" Member

I'm only here so I won't get fined.