The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 30 July 2013, 03:31 PM   #121
redsubby
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer5.0 View Post
I received the same bad news that my order has been cancelled. I sent their customer service my complaint and gave them a piece of my mind.
You probably won't hear nothing back.
They stopped responding to me when I told them how I really feel a while back when I complained to them that some stores won't sell the cases while they have them in stock.
redsubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2013, 03:56 AM   #122
chunala
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT TOG (Everose)
GREAT, after canceling my order and discontinuing the item, Oakley is now using my email to send me spam about their products!
Ugh, HATE Oakley!
chunala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2013, 04:04 AM   #123
Piloto
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613 & 116710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT53 View Post
Life is to short for all this frustration over a watch case.....Order the Casebudi from Amazon, it been updated and improved for half the price of the Oakley.
IMHO, equal build quality now since the upgrade. I have six of these things. Fits a 40mm Rolex perfectly. Even my 42mm Marathon GSAR fits just right.

http://www.amazon.com/CASEBUDi-Watch...words=casebudi

Piloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2013, 06:34 PM   #124
Engi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelgold View Post
I sent an email to Casebudi to suggest making one with the same dimensions as the Small Oakley Watch Vault referencing comparisons made on this and other forums. Maybe they will listen and corner the market!
Good point

I'll write the same to Casebudi !

Ciao

Engi
Engi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2013, 09:01 PM   #125
Daytona-Dan
Banned

Watch: 116528
The UK still stocks the large one and I took a punt at it and it seems to be an ok fit. A little loose but nothing that is going to cause it to rattle about and scratch itself.
Daytona-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2013, 09:11 PM   #126
Rags
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16233,16610,214270
I just ordered a Casebudi from Amazon for$12.99. I'll see how it is & report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rags

114300 Oyster Perpetual
76200 Tudor Date+Day
Rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2013, 03:56 AM   #127
Hooper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
New Oakley vault store just opened in my area, with lots of watch vaults for sale
Old 3 August 2013, 05:16 AM   #128
T. Ferguson
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
New Oakley vault store just opened in my area, with lots of watch vaults for sale
I'd be shocked if A) they are the small ones, and B) if they are, you didn't buy them all.

If they are the large ones, then it's not news. You can buy them from Oakley online all day long.
Old 3 August 2013, 05:59 AM   #129
Hooper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Ferguson View Post
I'd be shocked if A) they are the small ones, and B) if they are, you didn't buy them all.

If they are the large ones, then it's not news. You can buy them from Oakley online all day long.
Hmm, didn't know there were different sizes However, fit my Sub perfectly!
Old 3 August 2013, 09:39 AM   #130
chunala
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT TOG (Everose)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelgold View Post
I sent an email to Casebudi to suggest making one with the same dimensions as the Small Oakley Watch Vault referencing comparisons made on this and other forums. Maybe they will listen and corner the market!
They HAVE and WILL by 4th quarter.
chunala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2013, 11:22 AM   #131
hockeythug
"TRF" Member

hockeythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2013, 01:25 PM   #132
hotsauz
"TRF" Member

Watch: TV
i got the casebudi and it doesn't fit my subC perfectly, still rattles a bit. But mine is the previous version with the smooth exterior. Same case dimension though.
Old 11 August 2013, 03:00 PM   #133
Angrypuppy
"TRF" Member

I emailed Casebudi, trying to get a status update. This is what I got in return. If you have any ideas about what would make it the perfect case, now is the time to speak up. They are soliciting input from potential customers.

They seem genuinely interested in making this a good product and the needs of the end user.
--------------------

Thanks for your nice email. We are in fact making a smaller case. Right now we are waiting for the first smaller case prototypes to test dimensions and make any needed adjustments.

What watch sizes do you have for the smaller case? Any other suggestions you might have are greatly appreciated.

We will also send you an email when these are available.

Thanks
Sincerely,
Gordon
Team CASEBUDi
Angrypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2013, 11:51 PM   #134
improviz
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step
I purchased two of the casebudis and am a bit alarmed: inside the case there is an odor that can only be described as noxious, and when I left the GO in there wrapped in a small Coach outer bag (the one my wallet came in) for extra protection I found that upon removal the bag had been permeated with this smell., as had the GO's strap..I am not very keen on strapping something on my wrist that's been exposed to whatever chemical is making such an odor, so I may be sending these back post haste, a shame as the case itself is very sturdy, but I'm alarmed that a case intended for anything intended for close skin contact is being sold emanating such a strong, clearly chemical odor.
116520 white; 16613 black; 116710; 16570 polar; 16600. AP 15400; 15703. Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Glashutte Sport Evo GMT. Omega Planet Ocean 2907.50.91; Planet Ocean Liquidmetal LE 222.30.42.20.01.001; Seamaster 2255.80.00. Breitling Crosswind, white. Panerai PAM 005. VC Overseas Chrono, black.
improviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2013, 12:03 AM   #135
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
I have been in touch with Oakley Customer Service because I have complained about the cancellation of my order.

I've told them, that I have information that the small WV will be discontinued and that they should check if that's true.

Here is the reply unedited: "I just received confirmation that the small watch vault is not discontinued nor is it being phased out. The small watch vault is currently out of stock and but we do have several order pending against it."
bondtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2013, 02:45 AM   #136
koc
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV-PAM312-214270
I agree, my order which i placed in 16-7 still on hold, so im just waiting.
koc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2013, 02:48 AM   #137
T. Ferguson
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondtoys View Post
I have been in touch with Oakley Customer Service because I have complained about the cancellation of my order.

I've told them, that I have information that the small WV will be discontinued and that they should check if that's true.

Here is the reply unedited: "I just received confirmation that the small watch vault is not discontinued nor is it being phased out. The small watch vault is currently out of stock and but we do have several order pending against it."
Do they have any idea what they are doing? Only a month ago they emailed many with orders saying they are canceled because it was discontinued, and they took the item completely off their website. This after they had posted at Oakley.com that they were back in stock but never shipped any to those of us who ordered.

In the meantime the small Casebudi is now expected in October.

Geez, I'm over it. It's a nothing item anyway. There are only a gajillion alternatives on the market. You'd think we were talking about the white dialed PanAm GMT the way we go on about this.
Old 23 August 2013, 04:19 AM   #138
Zaslice
"TRF" Member

Just got back from Harrahs Cherokee and in the Callaway store they sell Oakley watches. They were displayed in the watch vault. Asked the guy if they sell the just the cases, said no you can only get it if you buy the watch. No matter tho, case buddy works just fine for my needs
Zaslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2013, 04:26 AM   #139
aeon888
"TRF" Member

Rolex should start making these watch cases. I bet it will sell like hotcakes! Swiss made watch cases.

Keep it simple. Maybe a crown logo and the brand name ROLEX on the outside of the case. They can also add a little "Swiss Made" tag below the Rolex name.
aeon888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2013, 06:09 AM   #140
Chaching
"TRF" Member

Watch: Many! 116718 GOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon888 View Post
Rolex should start making these watch cases. I bet it will sell like hotcakes! Swiss made watch cases.

Keep it simple. Maybe a crown logo and the brand name ROLEX on the outside of the case. They can also add a little "Swiss Made" tag below the Rolex name.
AGREE 100% !!!!!!!! Count me in!!
Chaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2013, 06:15 AM   #141
Angrypuppy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon888 View Post

I'm sure it would be reasonably priced.
Angrypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2013, 12:20 PM   #142
Grissom
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc 18K/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondtoys View Post

Well, not surprisingly, here is the email I received earlier today, after calling to inquire based on the above post above from bondtoys in Germany, and in fact being told what bondtoys noted above, as a result of my sharing with them the fact that I have been told otherwise, and prompting the representative to place me on hold, and actually calling to verify what they believe to be true, based on what they see on their system:

"As we discussed, unfortunately the small watch vault is no longer available. After speaking with my customer service supervisor, he verified that these are no longer in production and were designed specifically for the women’s watches, which are no longer in production either. These will not be coming back into stock. I apologize again for the confusion, and as I stated over the phone to you, I will see if I can get a designation of DISCONTINUED assigned to them in our system to avoid issues such as this in the future.

Thank you,

Oakley Customer Care"

I was actually told last year, that as Oakley was in the process of discontinuing women's watches, the small oakley watch vault would be going as well, by one of their area managers, but of course, until today, couldn't find one single Oakley Customer Service rep who was so informed.

This is one nice but very kooky company........

Have to wonder what the real story will turn out to be!

Who else needs an Intervention?
(109 297) (137 237) (73 115) (221) (23) (56) (229) P-Club Member #5

RIP JJ Irani - TRF Legend
Grissom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2013, 02:11 PM   #143
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
Update:

Having confronted Oakley CS with these opposing statement for a final word in this, I have received this:

"Good afternoon Bondtoys,
I just got confirmation from our watch team that the Small Watch Soft Vault is actually discontinued. Part number 07-233 has gone info a full discontinued mode. Only watch case we have now is the Large Watch Soft Vault."
bondtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2013, 09:01 PM   #144
Engi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypuppy View Post
I emailed Casebudi, trying to get a status update. This is what I got in return. If you have any ideas about what would make it the perfect case, now is the time to speak up. They are soliciting input from potential customers.

They seem genuinely interested in making this a good product and the needs of the end user.
--------------------

Thanks for your nice email. We are in fact making a smaller case. Right now we are waiting for the first smaller case prototypes to test dimensions and make any needed adjustments.

What watch sizes do you have for the smaller case? Any other suggestions you might have are greatly appreciated.

We will also send you an email when these are available.

Thanks
Sincerely,
Gordon
Team CASEBUDi
Really interesting.

Please can you post here the casebudi email where to send suggestion for the smaller case ?

Thanks,

Engi
Old 29 August 2013, 11:06 PM   #145
Rsm
"TRF" Member

I contacted Oakley Canada Customer service after having a number of the small watch vaults on order since March of this year and having 3 etas pass. I was told that someone should have contacted me (heard this everytime I followed up on a passed eta) to advise they are discontinued and the order would be cancelled. Poor and ill-informed customer service. Likely explaining why I've had no interest in Oakley products but for the watch vault. Dissapointed but excited about the progression of the Casebuddi. Good for them and shame on Oakley. In a market and climate where Brands are here one day and gone the other (ala Billabong), a real shame they have no desire to sell a product that we seem to want multiple quantities of. C'est la vie!
Rsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2013, 12:18 AM   #146
a_plus1234
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engi View Post
Really interesting.

Please can you post here the casebudi email where to send suggestion for the smaller case ?

Thanks,

Engi

You can email them with suggestions by going on their website and emailing them at info@CASEBUDi. They are very responsive and listen to comments by customers. They told me the small version will be her in late Oct.
a_plus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2013, 03:02 AM   #147
Engi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_plus1234 View Post
You can email them with suggestions by going on their website and emailing them at info@CASEBUDi. They are very responsive and listen to comments by customers. They told me the small version will be her in late Oct.
Thank,
mail sent.

I'll let you know about any update/progress from them.

Ciao

Engi
Old 30 August 2013, 03:24 AM   #148
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Got a casebudi, very happy with it, can take a 44mm.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2014, 01:21 AM   #149
Pajaha1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
First post from a new member and DJ2 owner.

Not sure if the small Oakley vault is still as "in demand" as it was last year, but I couldn't find one anywhere online. However, I just walked into the Oakley store in midtown NYC and picked one up. They've got a bunch of them FYI.
Pajaha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2014, 02:22 AM   #150
Grissom
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc 18K/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajaha1 View Post
First post from a new member and DJ2 owner.

Not sure if the small Oakley vault is still as "in demand" as it was last year, but I couldn't find one anywhere online. However, I just walked into the Oakley store in midtown NYC and picked one up. They've got a bunch of them FYI.
Welcome to TRF. Most likely, you picked up a large (07-234), as they have not had any small (07-233) in stock for ages. They discontinued them when they discontinued their ladies watches. If, in fact, you did come across a bunch of the small ones (07-233) I suggest you go back and buy them all, as they are still quite sought after. Hope your time on TRF is enjoyable, and not too terribly costly!

Who else needs an Intervention?
(109 297) (137 237) (73 115) (221) (23) (56) (229) P-Club Member #5

RIP JJ Irani - TRF Legend
Grissom is offline   Reply With Quote