The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 8 May 2018, 02:52 AM   #121
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
Picture this: a customer drops $50,000 on a watch at an AD. Come time for servicing, it's unreasonable for the customer to go back to the AD to be taken care of?

The customer needs to do his homework to find out on where to send it to?

No, its unreasonable that the AD is reportedly forced to send to an "authorized APSC" instead of APSC themselves. If I found this out, I would send to APSC myself and if I really cared to cause a stink, I would contact AP and voice my concern.
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 04:25 AM   #122
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Well guys, forget about the whole APSC/AD discussion.
The thing now is that they have to fix this up with me.
What is reasonable guys? Let’s think about that.
BMW335D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 04:38 AM   #123
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Your watch has now been taken care off properly.
AP offered to fix your other watch date problem for free through the retailer you bought it from. What more do you want
It's not a second hand car market is it ?
Old 8 May 2018, 04:39 AM   #124
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
I can't believe this saga is still rumbling on...
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 04:41 AM   #125
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
AP offered to fix your other watch date problem for free through the retailer you bought it from. What more do you want
I would agree. Take what they offered, seems reasonable but not sure what you were expecting.
Old 8 May 2018, 04:48 AM   #126
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post

I think there is a misunderstanding guys, look. First they (AP) offered to fix the date problem as a compensation. I said I’m OK with that.
But afterwards the guy said try to get it fixed by the watch shop where you’ve bought it from first because you still have warranty, ask them to send it to AP and let me know what they say.

The watchshop is not a retailer just a 2nd hand watchshop with their own watchmaker. They don’t want to send it to AP. So at this point I am stuck. I told the AP guy that the watchshop won’t send it to AP.
Old 8 May 2018, 04:50 AM   #127
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post
I can't believe this saga is still rumbling on...
Me neither.
Old 8 May 2018, 05:03 AM   #128
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW335D View Post
I think there is a misunderstanding guys, look. First they (AP) offered to fix the date problem as a compensation. I said I’m OK with that.
But afterwards the guy said try to get it fixed by the watch shop where you’ve bought it from first because you still have warranty, ask them to send it to AP and let me know what they say.

The watchshop is not a retailer just a 2nd hand watchshop with their own watchmaker. They don’t want to send it to AP. So at this point I am stuck. I told the AP guy that the watchshop won’t send it to AP.
I guess I still do not understand. So why don't you just send it to AP yourself?
Old 8 May 2018, 05:12 AM   #129
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by npalacio View Post
I guess I still do not understand. So why don't you just send it to AP yourself?
Why should I do it by my self? I’m not going to pay a single penny after this whole story.
Old 8 May 2018, 05:43 AM   #130
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Why should I do it by my self? I’m not going to pay a single penny after this whole story.
If your watch is under warranty as you state, AP sends you a prepaid package kit to ship to them. If they try to fight you on that, tell them you do not want to send it anywhere else but APSC after the experience you had. If they come back with a "no", please let us know but based on my experience with them, I would be VERY surprised.

Again, I have had absolutely nothing but excellent experiences with AP and APSC during my time with the brand. Its a shame you cannot say the same.
Old 8 May 2018, 05:44 AM   #131
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Is it just a poor photo or is the rubber strap cracked on the edges? If so I’d definitely get that changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 05:57 AM   #132
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If your watch is under warranty as you state, AP sends you a prepaid package kit to ship to them. If they try to fight you on that, tell them you do not want to send it anywhere else but APSC after the experience you had. If they come back with a "no", please let us know but based on my experience with them, I would be VERY surprised.

Again, I have had absolutely nothing but excellent experiences with AP and APSC during my time with the brand. Its a shame you cannot say the same.
Yes I have warranty but it is warranty from the watchshop with their own watchmaker. They say that they can take care of the date problem.
So I can not send it to AP by myself because then they will charge me a bill.
On the other side, the AP guy first offered me to fix it as a compensation and afterwards he changed his mind.
Old 8 May 2018, 05:58 AM   #133
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
Is it just a poor photo or is the rubber strap cracked on the edges? If so I’d definitely get that changed.

Yes, those are cracks on the strap, will get it replaced asap.
Old 8 May 2018, 06:00 AM   #134
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yes I have warranty but it is warranty from the watchshop with their own watchmaker. They say that they can take care of the date problem.
On the other side, the AP guy first offered me to fix it as a compensation and afterwards he changed his mind.
So confused.....
Old 8 May 2018, 06:03 AM   #135
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So confused.....

Hahahaha
Old 8 May 2018, 07:36 AM   #136
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Watch: No Rolex
Quote:
Well guys, forget about the whole APSC/AD discussion.
The thing now is that they have to fix this up with me.
Hmm... I'm really not sure that they do. I know someone on here pushed you to demand more, but I just don't know that you are in a position to dictate how they must satisfy you. In the end, you got your watch back in fantastic shape. Yes, it was stressful and time-consuming, but 6 months is really not that long when in the end you are perfectly satisfied with the watch.

Don't get me wrong, I would have hoped for a less stressful experience, and I would have expressed my displeasure at how this went, but in the end, I would choose not to hate the brand because they didn't fix my other AP watch that was not under AP warranty. After all, I bought the other watch second hand under their shop warranty, so I saved some money and knew what I was getting into in regards to future service guarantees.

Quote:
I'd have to reread the thread, but I thought the AP guy said he would look into it. If he ever said he'd actually fix it, then I hope you have that documented somewhere.

Just my 2 cents. So you know, I was rooting for you on this, but overall I'm pleased you got your polished watch fixed to your complete satisfaction (minus the time and stress).
RolexZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 08:38 AM   #137
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexZen View Post
Hmm... I'm really not sure that they do. I know someone on here pushed you to demand more, but I just don't know that you are in a position to dictate how they must satisfy you. In the end, you got your watch back in fantastic shape. Yes, it was stressful and time-consuming, but 6 months is really not that long when in the end you are perfectly satisfied with the watch.

Don't get me wrong, I would have hoped for a less stressful experience, and I would have expressed my displeasure at how this went, but in the end, I would choose not to hate the brand because they didn't fix my other AP watch that was not under AP warranty. After all, I bought the other watch second hand under their shop warranty, so I saved some money and knew what I was getting into in regards to future service guarantees.

I'd have to reread the thread, but I thought the AP guy said he would look into it. If he ever said he'd actually fix it, then I hope you have that documented somewhere.

Just my 2 cents. So you know, I was rooting for you on this, but overall I'm pleased you got your polished watch fixed to your complete satisfaction (minus the time and stress).
Look, the point is that this AP guy said that he will check it out.
He said this when I met him at the office. That’s a fact.
He asked me some details about the watch. Some days later he texted me and said that I should bring the watch back to the shop and ask the seller to send it to AP on their own costs. I said why would I do that? He replied try it and let me know because you have warranty on the watch on their side.
This was strange because the AP guy first told me he would look it up.
I have told him that it will cost me more and more time and that he can tell to AP that I am not satisfied at all because it took 6 months and went back 3 times.
Overall, you will lose confidence. He did not reply on that so I guess I will give him some more time.

The warranty/date problem with my 2nd AP is not a big issue. In the worst case I will bring it back and let it fix by their watchmaker. I just wan’t AP to fix this whole story up with me. I told them wayback that only changing the buckle wouldn’t be enough. They agreed with me back then so I expect that it should be fixed the way it should.
Old 8 May 2018, 09:00 AM   #138
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
My watch went back for a new bezel for a quoted 4-6 weeks. In the end it took 4 months so I understand your frustration however the watch looks really good now apart from the well worn rubber strap. Before long you’ll probably forget that you had to wait 6 months and just enjoy having the watch on your wrist. Given that you bought the watch second hand I think your options are limited given that the watch is back in virtually new condition.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2018, 06:27 AM   #139
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Watch: where do i start??
Quote:

in the OP's defense, AP actually charges for a shipping kit and postage even if the watch is under warranty
SubKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2018, 06:29 AM   #140
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubKing View Post
in the OP's defense, AP actually charges for a shipping kit and postage even if the watch is under warranty
I have never paid for it......
Old 9 May 2018, 07:10 AM   #141
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What does AP charge for this?

Quote:
I have never paid for it......
Interesting. What’s your secret?
Old 9 May 2018, 07:13 AM   #142
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
Nothing I am aware of, guess Betsy down at Clearwater just likes me?

Never even been asked to pay for this, she has always just sent me the kit via Fedex and I send it back. Only been twice but those have been both of my experiences.
Old 9 May 2018, 07:28 AM   #143
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Never even been asked to pay for this, she has always just sent me the kit via Fedex and I send it back. Only been twice but those have been both of my experiences.
Thanks for the insight
Old 9 May 2018, 07:57 AM   #144
OP15
"TRF" Member

I’ve never paid for the kit from Clearwater, either. AP Beverly Hills wanted $200.
OP15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2018, 06:56 PM   #145
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP15 View Post
I’ve never paid for the kit from Clearwater, either. AP Beverly Hills wanted $200.
$200? For what?
Old 9 May 2018, 09:06 PM   #146
emkwan
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116710 BLNR
Wow... dreading handing in my AP Diver for service due soon... Sigh!
emkwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2018, 09:08 PM   #147
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:

If I still lived in St. Pete, I think my entire collection would be AP. My last apartment there was a mere 17miles from their center. Seems it's nothing but good things I've heard about that entire crew, plus I could have waltzed in and dropped my watches off personally :p
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 12:24 AM   #148
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Watch: where do i start??
Quote:
What does AP charge for this?

this was more than a couple years ago, but I believe at that time it was $175 for the kit and label.

The kit is actually very nice.

I believe the rule goes like this. If AP deems what you have sent the watch in for is not a warranty issue, you will get charged for the kit and shipping.

If they agree that what the piece was sent in for is covered, then you pay nothing.

But with the OP's watch being a second hand item, sending it back and forth can get pricey for him so I feel his pain in that respect.
SubKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 12:37 AM   #149
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
this was more than a couple years ago, but I believe at that time it was $175 for the kit and label.

The kit is actually very nice.

I believe the rule goes like this. If AP deems what you have sent the watch in for is not a warranty issue, you will get charged for the kit and shipping.

If they agree that what the piece was sent in for is covered, then you pay nothing.

But with the OP's watch being a second hand item, sending it back and forth can get pricey for him so I feel his pain in that respect.
I dunno, I have never paid for it and they have never even tried to challenge the two issues I had with two separate watches under warranty. Betsy sent package, I sent watch and had it back in 5-6 weeks. No drama and no problems with either ever since, and this was roughly 2-3 years back.

Even at $200, since it was not a warranty issue and he bought used and out of factory warranty, was all this drama worth it? If you would have told OP he would have had all this nonsense, I bet he would have ponied up the $200 to ship directly to AP. What boggles my mind is that after all of this, there is still deliberation as to what to do next.
Old 10 May 2018, 04:23 AM   #150
OP15
"TRF" Member

Quote:
$200? For what?
Yup...$200 to ship the watch to Clearwater.
OP15 is offline   Reply With Quote