The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 6 June 2021, 10:54 AM   #121
Allanmodel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Still Looking....!
This way....?

Allanmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2021, 01:24 PM   #122
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibraltar View Post
Sorry, I probably wasn't clear enough. What I meant was you can still remove most of the bracelet, which is enough to service the watch. You cannot remove the link between the lugs, so you end up with something that looks like the WG model with the strap removed.

Interestingly, those links between the lugs are still different between the new steel and the WG model. On the steel one the buttons to remove the bracelet are on the 2nd link, while the buttons to remove the strap on the WG model are on the link between the lugs.
Pretty sure everyone else who makes watches with integrated bracelets still removes the entire bracelet, including the end-links, in order to service the watch case-only.

So, I have to believe ALS does that too, somehow.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2021, 01:25 PM   #123
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibraltar View Post
The same way they service the WG model, presumably. The bracelet can still be removed, just not the first link between the lugs. I imagine you could still fit a strap, but you'd need a custom one.

That being said, the change is unfortunate :(
Doesn't that mean dirt can accumulate in there since it's not a single solid piece of metal (bonded to the case)?

How do they properly clean the whole thing during service if they cannot remove it?
Old 3 January 2022, 05:29 AM   #124
phiberoptiks
"TRF" Member

I believe the newer models do have that piece welded to the case so it's not removable anymore. Very sad because I really liked the idea of a casual strap on it.
phiberoptiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2022, 09:30 AM   #125
anselm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phiberoptiks View Post
I believe the newer models do have that piece welded to the case so it's not removable anymore. Very sad because I really liked the idea of a casual strap on it.
Not sure it is welded. Just the spaces for the spring bar removal are solid. So I assume to remove you must somehow break the spring bar or cut holes in the end links.
anselm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2022, 09:34 AM   #126
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Clearly Lange's not listening to their customers here. Everyone knows we all like interchangeable straps/bracelets.
Old 3 January 2022, 09:36 AM   #127
phiberoptiks
"TRF" Member

Probably was concerned it couldn't truly be called an integrated bracelet stainless sports watch with the exposed springbars like that
Old 3 January 2022, 09:48 AM   #128
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Probably was concerned it couldn't truly be called an integrated bracelet stainless sports watch with the exposed springbars like that
Yeah, probably.

But still, who cares what it could be called if we, collectors, are happy?

No one seems to care what we want or if we're happy.
Old 3 January 2022, 05:07 PM   #129
anselm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes that is the concern. They saw Russ as well as mine on strap and then I heard the feedback. I think I was one of the first to get the piece. Then I removed the bracelet as well as reshaped the bracelet so it was all the same width on one side. Then I tried several straps on it. I had a custom JR rubber strap with curved ends to fit better and lumed the buckle as well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVI2UI5J...dium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV8N9xZp...dium=copy_link

Old 3 January 2022, 05:14 PM   #130
phiberoptiks
"TRF" Member

Awesome, wish I could have the strap option. My guess is they will sell proprietary replacement straps similar to the overseas in the future. Hopefully, anyway...
Old 3 January 2022, 05:34 PM   #131
anselm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Awesome, wish I could have the strap option. My guess is they will sell proprietary replacement straps similar to the overseas in the future. Hopefully, anyway...
I hope so but I asked several times and the answer was if you want it on strap you buy the WG version.
Old 3 January 2022, 05:53 PM   #132
phiberoptiks
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselm View Post
I hope so but I asked several times and the answer was if you want it on strap you buy the WG version.
Just need delugs to come through! Too bad market is so small
Old 14 January 2022, 07:40 AM   #133
Ricardopierre
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhahn44 View Post
I also wonder whether this will have an impact on secondary market. As stated previously, I see prices for the sought after pieces appreciating quite quickly. However, you can still get a Lange 1 Darth below retail of the current line, which is hard to understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
..it seems it is having an impact - a darth on EWC showing as taken for 87k..
Ricardopierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2022, 11:53 AM   #134
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

You realize that the secondary market no longer makes sense and no longer reflects reasonable reality, right?

The secondary market is entirely influenced by grey market manipulators and speculators now.

All it takes is one of the "bigs" to go all in on Lange and you'll start to see list prices increase.

If they are willing to keep that up long enough, eventually people will start paying those prices because there's no where left to turn.

Classic hoarding and market manipulation. (Not illegal, since no laws are being broken yet.)
Old 14 January 2022, 08:24 PM   #135
edhahn44
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
You realize that the secondary market no longer makes sense and no longer reflects reasonable reality, right?

The secondary market is entirely influenced by grey market manipulators and speculators now.

All it takes is one of the "bigs" to go all in on Lange and you'll start to see list prices increase.

If they are willing to keep that up long enough, eventually people will start paying those prices because there's no where left to turn.

Classic hoarding and market manipulation. (Not illegal, since no laws are being broken yet.)
I believe the reality sits somewhere in the middle - for your theory you still need demand somehow, ie somebody needs to pull the trigger on a Darth for € 75k otherwise this does not make sense.
My view is that for the Lange sought after pieces (not many, but Lumens, early L1s, Limited Editions, Chronos, Datos, etc.) the demand is there and people really buying at these prices. Contrarily, you can see that the market for the CB stagnated and the price increase (artificially created or not) has reached a plateau.
edhahn44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2022, 09:58 PM   #136
Nav01L
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhahn44 View Post
I believe the reality sits somewhere in the middle - for your theory you still need demand somehow, ie somebody needs to pull the trigger on a Darth for € 75k otherwise this does not make sense.
My view is that for the Lange sought after pieces (not many, but Lumens, early L1s, Limited Editions, Chronos, Datos, etc.) the demand is there and people really buying at these prices. Contrarily, you can see that the market for the CB stagnated and the price increase (artificially created or not) has reached a plateau.
A very high plateau that is and as you see with the 5711, it only takes a highly publicized auction for things to make another jump.

Remember, the dignity you surrender at your AD‘s doorstep will never be recovered by wearing the watch he may get you.
Nav01L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2022, 03:09 PM   #137
nickorette
"TRF" Member

I had two pieces I wanted from the Lange AD. First one would be 6 months before the dealer could even get an ETA. The other piece would be 12+ months. I got in touch with Lange USA Boutique and was able to get both pieces right then so I went ahead...

Imo the manufacturer boutique seems like the way to go in a lot of cases.
IWC: Portuguese Min. Repeater, Pilot 36, Pallweber RG, Vintage Pilot's, Ingenieur Patek: 5098P, 5738R, 5120G, 5172G JLC: Reverso Classic, Duomètre, Polaris Memovox 50th, MUTM Enamel AP: 15450 Lange: Lange 1, Copper Blue, Richard Lange, 1815 Up/Down Rolex: 116000, 116520, 126655, 124060, 116505, 228238 Panerai: Luminor 676 Omega: Aqua Terra, SM 300, Museum N°10, SM 321, CK 859 Cartier: Santos Medium, Tank LC VC: Cornes De Vache, Triple Calendrier, 222, 4300V/120R FPJ: CS LF: Classic Micro Rotor
nickorette is offline   Reply With Quote