The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 27 October 2010, 06:53 PM   #121
EE33
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613 16710 116520
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTechGuy View Post
Miura or Countach or something special i would agree....
I'm not worthy......

Punctuality is the courtesy shown only by Kings

Dalip: "GTG posts are worthless without pics, absolutely worthless"
EE33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2010, 07:05 PM   #122
GreenTechGuy

Watch: Day Date, Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by EE33 View Post
I'm not worthy......
you have a Scuderia in your driveway,your beyond worthy. I have never driven a Miura. I would give left nut to drive one, Miura or a daytona kinda same to me. Specs wise the Miura kills the daytona but now both are Phenomenal works of art IMO and i have never driven either both are amazing.
GreenTechGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2010, 07:45 PM   #123
Scuderia NoVA
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16622
Quote:
Nice work, glad you didn't bolt any hairdryers to the motor
Agreed. Doesn't appear to be a lack of skilled workers there. How about you post up more pics of your Gallardo, Trevor!
Scuderia NoVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2010, 08:10 PM   #124
GreenTechGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia NoVA View Post
Agreed. Doesn't appear to be a lack of skilled workers there. How about you post up more pics of your Gallardo, Trevor!
that gallardo build i did not have very much hands on during the build. Things have changed alot for me in the past couple years.

it wasnt very far back that a BMW M3 was a dream to own for me. I have been a car guy for years and been fortunate to have some very intelligent people help me along the way. Mainly a guy named rosario mistretta whom was killed 3 years ago in a wreck, he taught me a tremendous amount about turbo cars......RIP..100 in a 55 ZO...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA7JHNeoZdk he was a 300zx guy
Old 27 October 2010, 08:22 PM   #125
neillfrith
"TRF" Member

lol-cats_i-love-this-thread-so-much.jpg
neillfrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2010, 08:30 PM   #126
Scuderia NoVA
"TRF" Member

Quote:
that gallardo build i did not have very much hands on during the build. Things have changed alot for me in the past couple years.

it wasnt very far back that a BMW M3 was a dream to own for me. I have been a car guy for years and been fortunate to have some very intelligent people help me along the way. Mainly a guy named rosario mistretta whom was killed 3 years ago in a wreck, he taught me a tremendous amount about turbo cars......RIP..100 in a 55 ZO...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA7JHNeoZdk he was a 300zx guy

Sorry to hear about your friend. Let's not let this be a downer, instead lets get back on topic and honor his memory at the same time. Post up more pics of your Gallardo.
Old 27 October 2010, 10:20 PM   #127
rpryan55
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubND,DD,SSDaytona
Quote:
Post up more pics of your Gallardo.
+1.
rpryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2010, 10:49 PM   #128
Sweramic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Movies
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpryan55 View Post
+1.
+2!
Sweramic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2010, 11:41 PM   #129
EE33
"TRF" Member

I too would love to see current pics of The Lambo

And I'll state for the 3rd time in this thread, The Scud IS NOT MINE

Old 27 October 2010, 11:44 PM   #130
Sweramic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Movies
Quote:
I too would love to see current pics of The Lambo

And I'll state for the 3rd time in this thread, The Scud IS NOT MINE
Oh, sorry man! I got a bit too excited I guess
Sweramic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2010, 11:46 PM   #131
EE33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreambaby View Post
Oh, sorry man! I got a bit too excited I guess
I get excited too when I get a chance to flog the exotics.....coming soon is the story behind the EE33 username....pics

Old 28 October 2010, 03:12 AM   #132
Timber Loftis
"TRF" Member

Watch: IIc,DJII,P244,A1-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman4me View Post
That Top Gear footage shows you exactly why the Italia is a poorly designed very expensive POS. Also, it's had recall issues.
Timber Loftis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2010, 04:21 AM   #133
GreenTechGuy

i have plans of going down there this weekend and tinkering with it some. Ill get more pics of it then.
Old 28 October 2010, 05:03 AM   #134
Scuderia NoVA
"TRF" Member

Did we watch the same video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Loftis View Post
That Top Gear footage shows you exactly why the Italia is a poorly designed very expensive POS. Also, it's had recall issues.
You certainly are entitled to your opinion, but perhaps your choice of supporting data isn't quite, uh, supportive?

Did we watch the same video? Because, even though they did lead the story off with some negatives that they saw in the car, near the end at around the 9min. 15 sec. mark, Jeremy Clarkson says of the 458, "It really is, Absolutely. Unbelievably. Mesmerizingly. Brilliant!". He even dares to go on and say, the 458 is better than an F40 -- which is a legendary Ferrari, scratch that, a legendary automobile.

These guys aren't the type to mince words and usually aren't easily impressed -- and they've driven ALL the great cars out there.

How did what they say show you exactly why the 458 is a POS? Because from what I saw, warts and all, their overall view of the car was quite favorable - A view that is consistent with the worldwide automotive press in general and with the select few enthusiasts that I know of who have personally driven or currently own one. While it might not be a perfect car, I can comfortably say I am part of a majority that doesn't see it as a POS.

If your definition of POS is a 458 Italia, you have impossibly high standards. What is it that you currently drive that has spoiled you enough to say that a 458 is a POS in comparison?
Old 28 October 2010, 08:34 AM   #135
KirkWilfred
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
2011 f350

“Time is an illusion.” – Albert Einstein
KirkWilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2010, 09:17 AM   #136
GreenTechGuy

Personally i think the 458 is incredible. .1 seconds off the time of an enzo for 600k less pretty good value too! Not a fan of the taillights, that is really my only negative.

Using that video to support that the 458 is a POS is like using a Rolex to level a wobbly table.

On a side note i was somewhat shocked to see that the Lexus lzf or whatever it is is faster than a standard 430.
Old 28 October 2010, 11:35 AM   #137
EE33
"TRF" Member

Love the 458, unfortunately many have gone up in flames with the engine bay catching fire.

Old 28 October 2010, 12:42 PM   #138
GreenTechGuy

Quote:
Love the 458, unfortunately many have gone up in flames with the engine bay catching fire.
Wow i have not heard that. What is causing that?
Old 28 October 2010, 12:55 PM   #139
EE33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wow i have not heard that. What is causing that?
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/09...58-italia.html

Old 28 October 2010, 06:11 PM   #140
Scuderia NoVA
"TRF" Member

Quote:
i have plans of going down there this weekend and tinkering with it some. Ill get more pics of it then.
Awesome! Maybe you could take one pic with your Rolex too? There's a thread on here where owners post pics showing their car with their Rolex.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...56#post1945356

Mine is post #75. Yours would be a great one to throw up there. Extra credit if you can include a Rolex shot as you show us your mad drifting skillz! :-)

Anyone else have any other special pic requests for the Lambo Man?
Old 28 October 2010, 09:56 PM   #141
Zed Homme
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Awesome! Maybe you could take one pic with your Rolex too? There's a thread on here where owners post pics showing their car with their Rolex.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...56#post1945356

Mine is post #75. Yours would be a great one to throw up there. Extra credit if you can include a Rolex shot as you show us your mad drifting skillz! :-)

Anyone else have any other special pic requests for the Lambo Man?
If you're implying that "Lambo man" does not actually have a gallardo and is fronting another shop's work as his own, you're really not being very subtle about it. But then again, Ferrari guys are rarely subtle.
Zed Homme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2010, 01:56 AM   #142
Timber Loftis
"TRF" Member

Watch: IIc,DJII,P244,A1-Z
Quote:
You certainly are entitled to your opinion, but perhaps your choice of supporting data isn't quite, uh, supportive?

Did we watch the same video?
I guess my sarcasm didn't translate into written form, and even the smiley didn't help.
Timber Loftis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2010, 03:11 AM   #143
Scuderia NoVA
"TRF" Member

To Paraphrase Apple: "There's an explanation for that."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed Homme View Post
If you're implying that "Lambo man" does not actually have a gallardo and is fronting another shop's work as his own, you're really not being very subtle about it.
Actually I'm not implying that. "Lambo Man" aka "GreenTechGuy" looks to be doing a good job on his own in that regard by how he's been presenting the facts. In fact, you're the first one on this thread to say, in so few words, that GreenTechGuy may or may not be making any misrepresentations.

I haven't formed a solid opinion one way or the other (but admittedly your thread response above does sway me more than a little). I'm merely asking questions to help add more clarity. But when I confront him with a question, there always seems to be "an explanation for that."

He may or may not be lying about his Gallardo and his mad drifting skillz. So what, right? Well, there's an active marketplace section on this site. I've been thinking about buying something there. Not that GreenTechGuy is necessarily selling something there now, but would you be inclined to buy something from a person whom you've observed to have a story for every question you ask them? If you're looking for information about a Rolex problem you might have -- and this place is a great resource for that -- wouldn't you like to know that the guy offering the information is relatively credible and has a tendency to give you the right answer? Shouldn't all of us operate on a default "Trust but verify" mode and question whether what we're coming across is shit or shinola?

Quote:
But then again, Ferrari guys are rarely subtle.
And listing every single rolex you own on your sig is sublte? Come on, man! It's not about that.
Old 29 October 2010, 03:15 AM   #144
hhh007
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18078
The closest I ever came was I got to drive Walter Payton's dark blue Lamborghini Countach which was also a publicity car for Alpine Electronics at the time.

My favorite Ferrari of all time was the 512 Berlinetta Boxer which was produced from 1976 to 1984 I believe....awesome looking cars!
Explorer I 114270
hhh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2010, 03:22 AM   #145
Scuderia NoVA
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Loftis View Post
I guess my sarcasm didn't translate into written form, and even the smiley didn't help.
Haha! I get it now. Sorry I didn't catch that at first. It looked like you believed the car was a POS esp. since you backed it up by mentioning the Factory recall issue.
Old 29 October 2010, 03:37 AM   #146
Zed Homme
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Actually I'm not implying that. "Lambo Man" aka "GreenTechGuy" looks to be doing a good job on his own in that regard by how he's been presenting the facts. In fact, you're the first one on this thread to say, in so few words, that GreenTechGuy may or may not be making any misrepresentations.

I haven't formed a solid opinion one way or the other (but admittedly your thread response above does sway me more than a little). I'm merely asking questions to help add more clarity. But when I confront him with a question, there always seems to be "an explanation for that."
Fair enough, its hard to get someone's gist via the internet. However, repeatedly asking for pics and asking for a Rolex to be thrown into them makes a very strong implication that you dont believe him. Also by mentioning his "mad drifting skillz" (yup with a Z) seems a bit condescending on your part. I do tend to believe him as he has posted pics, and talked about the project for several months now. You may have missed those posts as you dont seem to spend a lot of time here.

Quote:
And listing every single rolex you own on your sig is sublte? Come on, man! It's not about that.
I guess I'm all good as there is a Ferrari in my garage. Me listing my Rolexes on a Rolex forum is par for the course. Being subtle is not listing the rest of my watch collection.
Old 29 October 2010, 04:51 AM   #147
Scuderia NoVA
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Fair enough, its hard to get someone's gist via the internet. However, repeatedly asking for pics and asking for a Rolex to be thrown into them makes a very strong implication that you dont believe him. Also by mentioning his "mad drifting skillz" (yup with a Z) seems a bit condescending on your part. I do tend to believe him as he has posted pics, and talked about the project for several months now. You may have missed those posts as you dont seem to spend a lot of time here.
The post count doesn't show it, I know, but I'm afraid I'm on here more than I care to admit, actually. Yes I've read his posts too. If you care to reread them in your spare time maybe you'll see where I'm coming from. If nothing else, maybe you can show that I'm being full of it, no? I don't know why I can't let it go -- my low post count shows I often do let it go -- but somehow the math doesn't add up to me this time around. A lie at Day 1 is still a lie at Day 1000 no matter how many times or how often retold. Sometimes, it's in the retelling where the the inconsistencies show up.

Ya gotta admit, one can't feel more looked down upon than when one is being lied to. Now the tone of your response to me as quoted above does come a close second, but like you said, it's hard to get someone's gist via the internetz (yup with a Z), right? ;-)

Quote:
...there is a Ferrari in my garage.
There you go with the subtle, again! :-) You are freakin' hilarious! You remind me of my dad and I love him to death. <--- Yes. This IS a compliment. Take care!
Old 29 October 2010, 06:34 AM   #148
Zed Homme
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There you go with the subtle, again! :-) You are freakin' hilarious! You remind me of my dad and I love him to death. <--- Yes. This IS a compliment. Take care!
I'm glad I could bring a smile to your face. I too like to surf teh interwebz for my lolz...

You've definitely kept up on that lambo story more than me. Regardless of outcome, I wouldn't let it get to me if i were you.
Old 29 October 2010, 11:04 AM   #149
EE33
"TRF" Member

Hi Chris, does your GT3 see any track time?

Old 29 October 2010, 11:44 AM   #150
gtbguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek & Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by zed homme View Post
but then again, ferrari guys are rarely subtle.
lol!
gtbguy is offline   Reply With Quote