The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 October 2017, 04:11 AM   #121
Loevhagen
"TRF" Member

Seen two IRL - both on WIS, so that's why I've seen "so many".
Loevhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 04:19 AM   #122
cdmorenot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
I'm glad I dumped mine ! Just in time to get whatever new thing Rolex comes out with!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Old 6 October 2017, 04:34 AM   #123
Bigblu10
Banned

I think I will buy 25 new Hulks and safe queen them for a few years. Definitely a great retirement income!
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 04:36 AM   #124
PLNYC
"TRF" Member

Other than at ADs, I've spotted around 4 LVc in NYC and a 16610lv
Old 6 October 2017, 04:43 AM   #125
ezmarr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
I've never spotted one outside of my wrist and the AD. But that's why I like it so much! Different is GOOD!
ezmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 05:32 AM   #126
cm10005
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex Hulk Sub
That's why I bought mine, I love the look of the black Sub but this is different and not everyone has it or sees it around
cm10005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 05:45 AM   #127
Wildy
"TRF" Member

You lot are making me paranoid! I am number 1 on my AD list since July (UK). So close but yet so far. I even rang them up today just to confirm. It is very near to waiting for a child to be born. Cigar ready ( and I don’t even smoke!).
Old 6 October 2017, 05:52 AM   #128
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD,JC, BLNR, Ex2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
You lot are making me paranoid! I am number 1 on my AD list since July (UK). So close but yet so far. I even rang them up today just to confirm. It is very near to waiting for a child to be born. Cigar ready ( and I don’t even smoke!).
ha ha. Good luck!
2 months ago, the dealer where I got my BLNR had one in the case when I was there to pick up my watch. It was sold shortly after. He then got another one. I thought about getting it and texted him about the price. He returned my call 10 minutes later and said it was sold to a customer that came in to the store. He promised that I will be the 1st person he calls when he get the next one in. I think I will pick that up for my wife.
yxc145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 05:53 AM   #129
Rolex addict
Banned

Watch: me crash my bike
It's still on the Rolex website, so not discontinued.....yet. I bet Rolex is playing with us. It's discontinued!! We should all go buy one right now and pay triple the price.
Rolex addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 06:05 AM   #130
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex addict View Post
It's still on the Rolex website, so not discontinued.....yet. I bet Rolex is playing with us. It's discontinued!! We should all go buy one right now and pay triple the price.
I am going to make a pilgrimage to all Rolex AD's within a 300 mile radius and buy every new Hulk that I can locate. These will be my retirement income for the next few years, LOL

Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 06:16 AM   #131
mahefa
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
I am going to make a pilgrimage to all Rolex AD's within a 300 mile radius and buy every new Hulk that I can locate. These will be my retirement income for the next few years, LOL

Excellent plan. If you manage to get 2, there is a rumor that they start to produce 26mm LVc minis.
♛Deepsea Blue -17 ♛ Deepsea Blue -19 ♛Deepsea Black ♛Explorer I ♛Explorer II ♛ Explorer 1 ♛GMT-Master II BLNR ♛ Sky-Dweller Blue ♛ Sky-Dweller Black ♛ AirKing ♛ Day-Date 40 Platinum ♛ Daytona C White ♛ Submariner LVc ♛ Two-Tone Submariner ♛ Day-Date 36 ♛ Datejust 41 grey ♛
mahefa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 06:26 AM   #132
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahefa View Post
I wonder the number as well.

Rolex has made average of 650000 watches per year in last ten years. That is an rough estimate available. So lets say it is 6500000 watches. They have about 300 model variations which they produce. Hulk came out in 2010 Baselworld, so 7 years of production. 7 years make 4550000 watches. If allocation would be divided even, which it is not, to every model variation, there would be about 15000 LVc watches made, in 7 years.

Hard to get exact numbers, but just to play a bit to prove that there are not millions of LVc watches, not hundred thousands, not even tens of thousands propably.
I agree. I would think that production would be under 50,000 ceramic LVs.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 06:42 AM   #133
bubbas0219
"TRF" Member

From what I've been able to gather from chatting with ADs around town, Rolex has been slow to re-stock/fill orders throughout the summer...leaving many with whatever's in the case and a question about when exactly new stock will arrive. Didn't sound like there's a production nexus specifically to the Hulk at this point.
bubbas0219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 06:46 AM   #134
Santiago79
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner a
Heard the same thing. Will be a bummer if they cut off manufacturing of it completely.
Santiago79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 06:51 AM   #135
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Just out of curiosity,.... How many of you have actually seen a LVc out in the wild on someone's wrist?? I would consider myself a advanced watch spotter with 25 years of Rolex spotting. I have yet to see a LVc out in the wild. The green is pretty easy to spot in a world of black watches and I am still zero for zero spotting a LVc either on vacation or in my home area. I thought my Bluesy was a rare watch to spot in the wild over the last 20 years but its almost common compared to the LVc.
I've seen quite a few in the wild... lots on wrists in Hong Kong (but obviously outnumbered by LNs). That's keeping in mind Rolex in Hong Kong is almost as common as Casio or Timex would be in the US.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 06:56 AM   #136
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loevhagen View Post
So if volume of Rolex produced pr. annum is say 800.000 watches and 25% is SS submariners and the ratio is 1:5 for the green compared to the LN and the 114060 - that should indicate 40.000 LVc/annum. Over 7 years that's under 300.000 LVcs. Still many, though. But far from MILLIONS.
I think these figures are on all on the high side for sub % and greens ratio, esp in the early years, so I'd say total figure is more like half. And if 1 million annually is an over exaggeration, which I think it is, then figure would be lower again, and under 100K as has been speculated above.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 07:08 AM   #137
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
Why put your name on the AD list? You can get one tomorrow from a trusted reseller on this forum.
Peace of mind: no scam risk, no shipping risk. You see what you buy before you buy it. You try it on. You develop a relationship with the AD or boutique. You get to see other pieces you might actually like better. If there's a problem with the watch, you drop it at the AD and you feel better than if you send it over to a trusted seller by courier.

There's something to be said about the face to face experience.

You can ask for an invoice or bill of purchase with your name and address on it. Gives traceability and value to your purchase, especially in the long run.

The only benefits I see with a trusted seller is the immediacy. You get what you want when you want it. No waiting list. But you could pay over retail.
VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 10:52 AM   #138
donut
"TRF" Member

Watch: LN/LV/BLNR
So the price of 16610LV 50th anni models would be insanely increased. No one knows about discontinuation but Rolex.
donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 10:58 AM   #139
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
no modern rolex in production is rare. its like a diamond.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 11:02 AM   #140
Smarties
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Just out of curiosity,.... How many of you have actually seen a LVc out in the wild on someone's wrist?? I would consider myself a advanced watch spotter with 25 years of Rolex spotting. I have yet to see a LVc out in the wild. The green is pretty easy to spot in a world of black watches and I am still zero for zero spotting a LVc either on vacation or in my home area. I thought my Bluesy was a rare watch to spot in the wild over the last 20 years but its almost common compared to the LVc.
FYI, just saw one wearing LVc last night. Not the first time......
Smarties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 11:24 AM   #141
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicLeChic View Post
Peace of mind: no scam risk, no shipping risk. You see what you buy before you buy it. You try it on. You develop a relationship with the AD or boutique. You get to see other pieces you might actually like better. If there's a problem with the watch, you drop it at the AD and you feel better than if you send it over to a trusted seller by courier.

You can ask for an invoice or bill of purchase with your name and address on it. Gives traceability and value to your purchase, especially in the long run.

The only benefits I see with a trusted seller is the immediacy. You get what you want when you want it. No waiting list. But you could pay over retail.

I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 6 October 2017, 11:29 AM   #142
mikkolopez
"TRF" Member

Really???

A little mouse whispered that the Z Blue would be discontinued.

Can we dedicate the next 15 pages to Z Blue being discontinued?

Sent from my G3116 using Tapatalk
I have even DONE everything,
I just don't REMEMBER everything.
mikkolopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 11:33 AM   #143
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicLeChic View Post

Pretty much sums up why I prefer the AD route.

For the time being, I could buy at a reasonable price from a TRF trusted seller but as soon as I move back to the UK, they become prohibitively expensive because of the weak Sterling.

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 12:02 PM   #144
WhiskeyKoffee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk 116610LV
So I have a friend. He is married to a woman that has a sister that owns a hair salon. In her salon, a woman who is a regular customer came in and said that her brother works for a guy that is married to a woman that works for an elderly couple. This elderly couple has a son that used to be married to a woman that had an ex husband that worked for Rolex. And according to the ex husband, Rolex is stopping production of the Hulk in the very near future.

Next/Last 126600
WhiskeyKoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 12:29 PM   #145
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD,JC, BLNR, Ex2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyKoffee View Post
So I have a friend. He is married to a woman that has a sister that owns a hair salon. In her salon, a woman who is a regular customer came in and said that her brother works for a guy that is married to a woman that works for an elderly couple. This elderly couple has a son that used to be married to a woman that had an ex husband that worked for Rolex. And according to the ex husband, Rolex is stopping production of the Hulk in the very near future.
Is the Ex-husband's name Jean-Frederic Dufour?
yxc145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 12:31 PM   #146
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I'm doing just the opposite. I'm selling while I can.
Old 6 October 2017, 12:44 PM   #147
abbassmaki
"TRF" Member

Watch: Only Rolex
I had a chat recently with one of the biggest dealer of Rolex in Middle East and he confirmed that Hulk production will be stopped next year 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
abbassmaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 01:15 PM   #148
Dyim
"TRF" Member

Time will tell.

Most of us didn't think there will be a ceramic SS Daytona so soon, or SS skydweller either.
Dyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 01:25 PM   #149
gregmoeck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek
We are getting calls from everywhere , even the Middle East
gregmoeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 08:49 PM   #150
RMC12
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf/Hulk/1680
I was told this a few years ago and started a thread about it. A few years later I tend not to believe anything with regards to what is/is not going to be discontinued. It will happen when it happens. Either way, I have mine so I am happy!
RMC12 is offline   Reply With Quote