The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 December 2019, 06:24 AM   #121
RolexMikeC
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
I tried both, I ended up liking rubber b as it conforms to the wrist better for me. Rubber B was much harder to install than Everest. 2.0mm spring bars did not work for the install on the Rubber B, had to purchase 1.8mm spring bars.
RolexMikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2019, 11:48 AM   #122
getting started
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 126610 LN
I checked with my AD if I can buy the rubberb strap and bring it to him for swapping it, he said NO. He also said, he can’t do it and suggests against anything that is foreign to Rolex. He said Rolex will not service the watch. He even said, he cannot swap the oyster bracelet with a jubilee. Hence, swapping to rubber strap for my Tudor. Will post the pics once done.
getting started is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2019, 01:06 PM   #123
sunnygps
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by getting started View Post
I checked with my AD if I can buy the rubberb strap and bring it to him for swapping it, he said NO. He also said, he can’t do it and suggests against anything that is foreign to Rolex. He said Rolex will not service the watch. He even said, he cannot swap the oyster bracelet with a jubilee. Hence, swapping to rubber strap for my Tudor. Will post the pics once done.
It really depends on the AD. I have not had my AD switch a Rolex bracelet to RubberB/Everest strap, but definitely they have done other way around.

I have also taken my GMT IIC to Dallas RSC with RubberB strap and they had no issues with servicing the watch. They asked me if I had the original bracelet or if not, they can source one for me. They had no issues servicing my 16570 on a nato strap.
sunnygps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2019, 02:13 PM   #124
getting started
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 126610 LN
Thanks for the info. Good to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygps View Post
It really depends on the AD. I have not had my AD switch a Rolex bracelet to RubberB/Everest strap, but definitely they have done other way around.

I have also taken my GMT IIC to Dallas RSC with RubberB strap and they had no issues with servicing the watch. They asked me if I had the original bracelet or if not, they can source one for me. They had no issues servicing my 16570 on a nato strap.
getting started is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2019, 08:33 PM   #125
skkali168
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116689
Just another rubber strap to me. Had one for my deep sea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
skkali168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 07:26 AM   #126
BDII
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 126710 BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygps View Post

It is getting out of control the things they will and won't do. I bought a Daytona this past week from a dealer and he LITERALLY told me he would call in a hit on me if I flipped it... He also told me it it was a fly-back chronograph

It was a joke, but he wasn't smiling. Won't buy from them again. Very turned off by how everything is going with dealers these days.
BDII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 08:09 PM   #127
peterM1992
"TRF" Member

Hey guys I have a question that might seem odd to some but I have a 116710ln gmt and I wanted to try one they these black rubber bands but my question will these hurt the value of the watch in anyway I plan to keep the bracket aside for the watch but like I never had the bracket remove since it was new by removing it does it hurt value for like messing with the seals or anything just looking for some basic info I planking’s f on seeking my with within the next year to upgrade to like a gmt Batman or a Pepsi help please
peterM1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 12:33 AM   #128
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Waiting for mine to be delivered today for my Black Bay Bronze

Pictures to follow
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent Clock
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 12:50 AM   #129
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterM1992 View Post
Hey guys I have a question that might seem odd to some but I have a 116710ln gmt and I wanted to try one they these black rubber bands but my question will these hurt the value of the watch in anyway I plan to keep the bracket aside for the watch but like I never had the bracket remove since it was new by removing it does it hurt value for like messing with the seals or anything just looking for some basic info I planking’s f on seeking my with within the next year to upgrade to like a gmt Batman or a Pepsi help please
only reason why it could hurt the value of your watch is if you were to botch the install and damage the watch. Aside from that, if you did something like lose the original bracelet of course it would hurt the value. Otherwise, rubber b, everest, etc. They're all non permanent mods. There's no way they can hurt the value of the watch.

That said, I know this is an old thread, but the rubber b for a 116710/126710 is a hard no for me. There are several reasons why I prefer everest, many of them are subjective and I've always said they both make a high quality product.

However, the rubber b line that requires you to cut the strap upon arrival makes no sense to me. I know there are high end straps that need to be cut, so it's not the first time this is happened, but to me it seems crazy to spend $200+ on a strap only to immediately take a scissor to it. Additionally and more importantly, you lose your EZ link functionality with the strap for this model. That to me is a deal breaker.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2020, 01:19 AM   #130
APwrist
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hard to Choose
I don't own Rubber b but my Cartier strap had to be cut at the jeweler when I got it so I think its pretty standard with high end watches. I don't think I would have a problem cutting, pasting or sewing to get this look on the gmt master 2.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2020-02-26.jpg (135.7 KB, 765 views)
APwrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2020, 01:31 AM   #131
mgsooner
"TRF" Member

I've been contemplating the idea of Rubber B's velcro strap on my Sub this summer. I always love the look of the photos that are posted here of people with their Rolexes on Everest/Rubber B but I just can't decide if I want to mess with it. For just a bit more than the price of a Rubber B plus the Bergeon tweezers I could just buy a "beater" and put it on a cheaper rubber strap. I've got the "normal" Bergeon tool (not the tweezers) and am fairly adept at using it to change straps on my SARB, but I just don't love the idea of all of that taking off/putting back on the bracelet of my Rolex. Just not sure it's worth it (to me).
mgsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2020, 01:40 AM   #132
ctm126
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
I love my Rubber B, it completely changes the character of the watch. If you plan on wearing your watch when you’re active (beach, golf, water sports, etc) it’s much more comfortable than the bracelet, IMO.

Only two complaints I have are the lack of Easylink and the clasp spring bar is very difficult to remove due to the tight tolerances. I’ll probably end up just ordering a second spring bar and leaving one in the Rubber B so I don’t have to mess with it.
ctm126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2020, 03:07 AM   #133
Old Geezer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126619LB and more
I have used an Everest band on a 16610 Sub. The 6 o'clock side of the Rubber B is too long when I use a 93150 clasp. You cannot shorten the 6 o'clock side. The Everest offers various lengths on both the 6 and 12 o'clock sides. I prefer clasp to tang buckle.
Old Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2020, 01:19 AM   #134
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Waiting for mine to be delivered today for my Black Bay Bronze

Pictures to follow

Added a separate review here:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...5#post10412085
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent Clock
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2020, 03:33 AM   #135
mateopg
"TRF" Member

Icon12 I recommend Tempomat rubber straps

I recommend you to try Tempomat rubber straps. they are really confortable and the price is unbeatable.

leave you a couple of shots on my daytona + website

cheers!

https://tempomaterials.com/

IMG_1724.jpg
IMG_1421.jpg
IMG_1422.jpg
mateopg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2020, 03:43 AM   #136
Chronokid
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: One I'm wearing!
I have a black RubberB for my 116710LN and wear it often. I just purchased this generic
green one to see if I like the color before I buy another authentic RubberB.

Chronokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2020, 04:08 AM   #137
sgmgolf
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600,16710,Tudor
I have had (2) of them for about 3 years now.....both with tang buckle. One for my 16600 Sea Dweller and another with the navy blue stripe for my 16710 GMT Pepsi. They are outstanding and I highly recommend them. I may try one from ABP Concept Paris next....one of the forum sponsors at the bottom of this page. I'm really liking this look:
https://www.abpconcept.paris/collect...noir-contraste

Cheers
sgmgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2020, 08:45 AM   #138
Time For Rolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronokid View Post

Okay. That’s hot! If it had a green text date wheel I’d be looking to buy one.

Very nicely done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Time For Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2020, 12:00 PM   #139
CMT
"TRF" Member

I enjoyed mine for quite a few months before returning to the bracelet.

CMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2020, 05:35 PM   #140
fmc000
Banned

Looking good!

Inviato dal mio SM-T719 utilizzando Tapatalk
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2020, 06:50 PM   #141
APPRF
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctm126 View Post
I love my Rubber B, it completely changes the character of the watch. If you plan on wearing your watch when you’re active (beach, golf, water sports, etc) it’s much more comfortable than the bracelet, IMO.

Only two complaints I have are the lack of Easylink and the clasp spring bar is very difficult to remove due to the tight tolerances. I’ll probably end up just ordering a second spring bar and leaving one in the Rubber B so I don’t have to mess with it.
My watchmaker gave me new spring bars, he couldn’t fit the original Rolex one. Now I have the original spring bar for the Rolex bracelet, and another for the RubberB. Here is by Bloodhound Air King on Rubber B.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E3C70012-9A05-4DF2-AC3E-5E462EEEA6EF.jpeg (85.1 KB, 646 views)
APPRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2020, 06:15 AM   #142
offtodd72
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stebinners View Post
Anyone have one? Considering one for a GMT ceramic. Are they any good ?

Absolutely love mine. Tried a few other brands in the past and they were alright, but the Rubber B strap just feels better. And it looks sharpppp
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15624698_372207869804209_9141099936845135872_n.jpg (83.3 KB, 553 views)
offtodd72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2020, 04:03 AM   #143
jstevens43
"TRF" Member

Gotta agree with you here. Have a Rubber B on my Explorer II and it's been a real game-changer
jstevens43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2020, 04:06 AM   #144
M45
Banned

The old man has like 20 for his Rolexes and has a former AD in town that can do the swap for him.

He sent me one for my Sub but I prefer steel.
M45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2020, 05:17 AM   #145
Lew_greene
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stebinners View Post
Anyone have one? Considering one for a GMT ceramic. Are they any good ?

My Rubber B has been superb, put one on my Datejust. I got to keep the original clasp on the strap too, which was cool.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2020-05-06 15.16.10.png (158.5 KB, 522 views)
Lew_greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2020, 05:58 AM   #146
JoseR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King, Omega AT
I just changed my SS on my Air King yesterday. I got the Everest black with buckle since I didn't want to use the clasp to keep it from getting scratched. With the proper tools it wasn't to difficult to put on. I like the Everest witch came with spring bars so I didn't have to use the original ones. The only slight complain is that the tongue is a little too long. Maybe an inch shorter would've have been perfect. The rubber is very comfortable and the watch feels a lot less heavy. With the rubber band it's 115 grams with the Oyster it's 152 grams. Nice packaging and good fast delivery...
JoseR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2020, 06:06 AM   #147
BigBallerBrand
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT View Post
I enjoyed mine for quite a few months before returning to the bracelet.

is that an Everest? I have a rubber b and it is a brighter blue than yours
BigBallerBrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2020, 08:41 AM   #148
CMT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBallerBrand View Post
is that an Everest? I have a rubber b and it is a brighter blue than yours
Rubber B purchased November of last year.

CMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2020, 10:05 AM   #149
samsmart
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Tint
If I posted these here already, my apologies...

I love rubber straps on my rolex and panerai watches.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
samsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2020, 11:20 AM   #150
JoseR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King, Omega AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by APPRF View Post
My watchmaker gave me new spring bars, he couldn’t fit the original Rolex one. Now I have the original spring bar for the Rolex bracelet, and another for the RubberB. Here is by Bloodhound Air King on Rubber B.
I just got mine yesterday for my Air King from Everest. They come with spring bars included. I love the way it feels comfortable and light. That around 35 grams less weight with the Oyster SS.. The one thing I would like is for the tongue be about an inch shorter, it's a bit long. Besides that. I put it on yesterday and haven't taken it off only to sleep. Feels much more comfortable and keeps my Oyster bracelet to rest and keep it mint condition. I can always change it whenever I need to.. Love it..
JoseR is offline   Reply With Quote