The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 29 March 2022, 06:51 AM   #121
arche3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexatlast View Post
Really?

We are living in the least tolerant period of my life. People were much free’er is the 20th century.

Presumably this oppression is why so many of the younger generation seem to be depressed and in need of therapy.
I see it around me in the youth. how they act. what they believe. and yes a lot of them are messed up. but we all were when young
Old 29 March 2022, 06:56 AM   #122
rlj676
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Strongo View Post
Let me guess, you're a older white dude? Must be hard.
Yes because race and sex determine everything. How “anti-racist” of you. Lol the delusion. How is this relevant to anything?
Old 29 March 2022, 07:16 AM   #123
OverGeared
"TRF" Member

I had a feeling a luxury product forum would lean heavily on outdated mentality, like calling an era when everyone had to conform to white male standards "the good old days." Usually you see a little bit of it peeking out here or there in the General Discussion topics, but this thread really brought the geezers out of the woodwork.

I don't want to blanket the whole 20th century culture as a bad thing, or all Boomers as bad. We're here in this space because of a shared interest, after all. In that spirit, maybe it's best to remember the words of one of the best Boomer artists ever:

"Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is rapidly agin'
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin'"
Old 29 March 2022, 07:18 AM   #124
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
This thread will be shut down very shortly so clear up any language you might regret posting.

It’s a shame that a thread that is genuinely thought provoking might be shut down, but equally it’s a shame that some folk express their views in such a way that the thread must be shut down.

I personally don’t have an issue with grid girls, they add glamour and let’s be honest, a bit of titillation is generally welcome. I’ve discussed this with my wife before and she agrees with me, and actually feels more strongly than me about it.

But, i do have my own counter arguments. I find older men (and at 47 I include myself) ogling very young women a little bit creepy. When i see people saying as long as they’re 18+, that gets me a bit. I personally have never aligned my moral compass with the law. I have a 19 year old daughter, and she’s just a kid. She’s dating a 21 year old guy, and he is a kid as well. I’m not judging and everyone is different, but the ‘as long as their legally old enough’ argument is part of the problem. Sure, i can look at an 18 year old girl and think she’s attractive, but that’s different to me objectifying her.

The other counter argument is that sometimes sacrifices have to be made for the greater good. Grid girls might not be an issue at all, but maybe there needs to be a statement made about the objectification of women.

My counter arguments don’t change the fact that I’m in favour of grid girls, but they do make for an interesting internal debate in my own head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Old 29 March 2022, 07:19 AM   #125
Rock Strongo
Banned

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverGeared View Post
I had a feeling a luxury product forum would lean heavily on outdated mentality, like calling an era when everyone had to conform to white male standards "the good old days." Usually you see a little bit of it peeking out here or there in the General Discussion topics, but this thread really brought the geezers out of the woodwork.

I don't want to blanket the whole 20th century culture as a bad thing, or all Boomers as bad. We're here in this space because of a shared interest, after all. In that spirit, maybe it's best to remember the words of one of the best Boomer artists ever:

Throughout the land
And don't criticize
Are beyond your command

It's the worst part of this hobby, by far.
Old 29 March 2022, 07:43 AM   #126
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
These women are wearing more clothes than tennis players do on court. I don't see how they're being objectified. They are models advertising for a brand like so many others and are dressed far more modestly than nearly any others.
Old 29 March 2022, 07:56 AM   #127
waterking
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster II
Quote:
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
Are beyond your command

Well, grasshopper, so....you think Dylan was a baby boomer?
Old 29 March 2022, 08:07 AM   #128
Fedpete
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
These women are wearing more clothes than tennis players do on court. I don't see how they're being objectified. They are models advertising for a brand like so many others and are dressed far more modestly than nearly any others.

You’re wasting your time. Rule number one of the woke progressive: destroy everything.

Old 29 March 2022, 08:08 AM   #129
Fedpete
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Strongo View Post

It's the worst part of this hobby, by far.

Ughhh. Tell me about it. Lol this is satirical.

Old 29 March 2022, 08:09 AM   #130
ROlesorusLEX
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5 Digit
I couldn't help but post the advert coming up in Tapatalk:

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk
Old 29 March 2022, 08:14 AM   #131
LightOnAHill
"TRF" Member

Watch: YG DD lchdp
I agree that the choice should belong to the women.
Old 29 March 2022, 08:18 AM   #132
OverGeared
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterking View Post
Well, grasshopper, so....you think Dylan was a baby boomer?
He was born pre-war, I think, so that technically disqualifies him, but there's no questioning his status as a baby boomer icon.
Old 29 March 2022, 08:34 AM   #133
waterking
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster II
Quote:
He was born pre-war, I think, so that technically disqualifies him, but there's no questioning his status as a baby boomer icon.
Lennon or Dylan? Morrison or Dylan? Holly or Dylan? Charles or Dylan? Folk was his music and when he electrified he became extremely popular. An icon, maybe, certainly not THE boomer icon. Now you know.

Back to watches and beautiful women.
Old 29 March 2022, 09:16 AM   #134
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Wow. "In before the lock" on my own thread (I thought I'd see 10 replies at most.)

If I had posted the typical vinyl-clad grid girls (eg. Monster) that would have been one thing. But these young ladies are dressed much the same as any attractive woman at a party. Yes indeed I miss the "good old days" - days when everyone didn't get so offended. The entire crew is very modest.

There's nothing "boomer" about attractive ladies. Even youngsters these days will do anything in their power to stand out:
- Makeup
- Outfits (the shorter the better)
- Personal care

It's natural and it's perfectly ok.
Old 29 March 2022, 09:31 AM   #135
rlj676
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
Wow. "In before the lock" on my own thread (I thought I'd see 10 replies at most.)

If I had posted the typical vinyl-clad grid girls (eg. Monster) that would have been one thing. But these young ladies are dressed much the same as any attractive woman at a party. Yes indeed I miss the "good old days" - days when everyone didn't get so offended. The entire crew is very modest.

There's nothing "boomer" about attractive ladies. Even youngsters these days will do anything in their power to stand out:
- Makeup
- Outfits (the shorter the better)
- Personal care

It's natural and it's perfectly ok.
It’s only ok on the beach, tik tok, instagram, onlyfans etc. But these particular women who are there for men to look at (unlike the others) are just a Neanderthal tradition of old white men that thank God will end as they all die.

Did I get it right hypocrites?
Old 29 March 2022, 09:54 AM   #136
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Like political correctness does to most good things..

Closed Thread