The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 5 July 2021, 12:24 PM   #1501
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliminator View Post
I didn't even know that YouTube creators had the ability to delete dislikes. Surprised that's possible
I’m confused about this too
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2021, 12:40 PM   #1502
RidingDonkeys
"TRF" Member

Apparently it is a thing.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2021, 12:43 PM   #1503
vh2k
"TRF" Member

YouTube has systems in place to ensure that engagement with videos — such as likes and dislikes — are authentic, so that the analytics information it provides is reliable. Those systems work as designed to remove spam engagement on videos, according to YouTube. The de-spamming process starts when a video is uploaded and continues to run to ensure metrics remain accurate, YouTube says.

"YouTube regularly removes any spam likes or dislikes from your videos. It may take up to 48 hours for the numbers to be updated," one tweet reads. Another said: "We always validate the activities & legitimacy of accounts added on your likes/dislikes report. This is to make sure that our site metrics are free of spam."
vh2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2021, 12:53 PM   #1504
AHP22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vh2k View Post
YouTube has systems in place to ensure that engagement with videos — such as likes and dislikes — are authentic, so that the analytics information it provides is reliable. Those systems work as designed to remove spam engagement on videos, according to YouTube. The de-spamming process starts when a video is uploaded and continues to run to ensure metrics remain accurate, YouTube says.

"YouTube regularly removes any spam likes or dislikes from your videos. It may take up to 48 hours for the numbers to be updated," one tweet reads. Another said: "We always validate the activities & legitimacy of accounts added on your likes/dislikes report. This is to make sure that our site metrics are free of spam."
I guess I figure every business has an incentive for actions. YouTube as well. My guess is YouTube has a desired outcome; for people to keep people posting videos and drawing attention. They want to make posters happy and contributing, more than they care about authenticity or accuracy of response. What does YouTube want to see happen that supports their business? Just a thought.
AHP22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2021, 01:49 PM   #1505
Tensai
"TRF" Member

Watch: all the good ones
Big tech censors certain info on their sites? Gee wiz. What a surprise.
Newsflash: USA is almost as bad as China.
Tensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2021, 03:26 PM   #1506
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensai View Post
It's their site, they can do whatever they want. US-based tech companies != the US Government.

In China, it's the Chinese Government that does it.

There's a big difference.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2021, 03:50 PM   #1507
Shazbot302
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensai View Post
Pfffft
Florida man saying Florida man things
Shazbot302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2021, 03:50 PM   #1508
bob99
"TRF" Member

I just learned that one of the FB dealers groups that Anthony and Marco were booted from when this whole thing started also has a private paid group for $450 / year or $1000 lifetime. Seems like they just copied the idea with their paid group. Could also explain why they were kicked out. Or not. What do I know, I'm just some guy on the internet!

P.S. I legitimately laughed out loud at "Anthony Farrer and Marco... something" in the Watch Gringa video. Poor Marco, lol.

Other big laughs from this whole ordeal:

- Whoever coined "Crimepiece Gentlemen"

- Anyone pushing the theory they "got a show on Netflix"

- "The big reveal" since no matter what it is, it's going to be ridiculous and unfulfilling.
bob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2021, 04:46 PM   #1509
Fleetlord
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob99 View Post
I just learned that one of the FB dealers groups that Anthony and Marco were booted from when this whole thing started also has a private paid group for $450 / year or $1000 lifetime. Seems like they just copied the idea with their paid group. Could also explain why they were kicked out. Or not. What do I know, I'm just some guy on the internet!
The FB dealer group with paid access is not a new concept as you mentioned.

That's why I wasn't as dismayed as many were when TPG initiated theirs...well, except for their price...and that they didn't include other dealers in to sell (at first) and they were raising the $$$ for a rather unrealistic retail space in Dallas....well before they EVER straightened out their website or any other process.

Supposedly the FB group will reemerge at a price of $4k now. I can't wait.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2021, 07:10 PM   #1510
Loevhagen
"TRF" Member

A must see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G_reXiQXV0
Loevhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2021, 08:32 PM   #1511
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
I have no fingernails left eating my hand now.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2021, 08:37 PM   #1512
Brew
"TRF" Member

My wish has come true! This drama survived the weekend. All important dates slip to the right.

I'm sure TPG will be reinstated in August!
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2021, 10:02 PM   #1513
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
another youtuber Jody Musgrove - Just One more watch, his youtube channel was being taken down today.
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2021, 10:09 PM   #1514
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo99 View Post
another youtuber Jody Musgrove - Just One more watch, his youtube channel was being taken down today.
Who is that?
Old 5 July 2021, 10:19 PM   #1515
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Your opinions (which are totally valid) only apply to you. You aren’t their target customer. Their tactics are SUCCESSFUL — regardless of whether they resonate with you.

Whenever someone says, “I hate that commercial; it’s so annoying.” I simply ask, “For which company was it?” To which, he replies, “Geico or ______.” Boom! Mission accomplished.

This is about brand awareness and recall. What is everyone discussing? THE TIMEPIECE GENTLEMAN.

If I don’t like Post Malone or his music or lifestyle or whatever, that doesn’t make him any less successful.
Define success.
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2021, 10:33 PM   #1516
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Post Malone didn't ghost his customers / consignees.
Old 5 July 2021, 10:51 PM   #1517
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BoctokKomandirskie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
Define success.
If this is a dry run, then it's a successful one.

Anything else, is too soon to tell and the only measurable result at the moment is the amount of discussion on the subject. And from that, sadly, it's not hard to see the emerging consensus.

So I fail to see their "success" and doubt this negative publicity will be beneficial to their business at the end of the day. If they're still in the business, of course.
minute_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2021, 10:58 PM   #1518
Loevhagen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo99 View Post
I'm not surprised. A lot of YT-channels showing fake watches and talking about them on their channel - and they should use caution. Personally, I hate when channels show fakes, super fakes, replicas, etc. They probably dress it as "education" and be aware and what to look for, but I would prefer that YT-channels omitted showing fake watches at all.

From IG: "As you may have already heard, @youtube deleted my channel today, without warning, for violating their terms and conditions. Apparently this was for a 'Counterfeit complaint'. I can only assume this relates to one of the two 'Fake v Real' type videos I've made. I do not and have never sold or promoted fake or replica watches, indeed I specifically state in both those videos that I don't condone them, and call them 'a lie'"
Loevhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2021, 11:11 PM   #1519
ThatSubGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loevhagen View Post
I'm not surprised. A lot of YT-channels showing fake watches and talking about them on their channel - and they should use caution. Personally, I hate when channels show fakes, super fakes, replicas, etc. They probably dress it as "education" and be aware and what to look for, but I would prefer that YT-channels omitted showing fake watches at all.
They do it for the views, nothing else. Cheap and nasty way to exploit something criminal for views and attention.
ThatSubGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2021, 11:17 PM   #1520
spikep
"TRF" Member

If this “stunt’ does pan out to be an act of theft im sure the Crescent Hotel will have video footage of the common areas showing the comings and going’s of those involved. Absolutely crazy!
16610 LN, 16610 LV, 126610 LV, 126622 Rhodium, 126710 BLRO jubilee, 126710 BLRO oyster, 126719 Meteorite, 116710 BLNR, 126711 CHNR, 126715 CHNR, 326934 BLACK, 326934 GREEN, 216570 BLACK, 116500LN WHITE, 116500LN BLACK, 126710 VTNR jubilee
spikep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2021, 11:38 PM   #1521
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikep View Post
If this “stunt’ does pan out to be an act of theft im sure the Crescent Hotel will have video footage of the common areas showing the comings and going’s of those involved. Absolutely crazy!
That would be the dumbest thing they've ever done. Besides, 2-3M split 3 ways or more, won't take you too far and won't last you too long...
Old 5 July 2021, 11:43 PM   #1522
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
The only thing I can think that might save them is if they reveal they signed a deal with Netflix/Amazon (think they mentioned they were reaching out before in a vid) and they threw a load of cash at them to get them started on a new venture/series, as that would indeed be "big". Some form of NDA agreement until a reveal date might explain the silence too.

Other than that, there doesn't sound like anything else can save their reputation?
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2021, 11:47 PM   #1523
ThatSubGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by minute_man View Post
That would be the dumbest thing they've ever done. Besides, 2-3M split 3 ways or more, won't take you too far and won't last you too long...
2-3M is very generous. It is also going to be impossible to sell those pieces at anywhere close to market price. If they can even find people that are going to touch most of those watches.

Plus with their famous faces they're not going to be able to hide anywhere. Where do they want to go without extradition treaties? That's not a long list nowadays.
ThatSubGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2021, 11:53 PM   #1524
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
The FB dealer group with paid access is not a new concept as you mentioned.

That's why I wasn't as dismayed as many were when TPG initiated theirs...well, except for their price...and that they didn't include other dealers in to sell (at first) and they were raising the $$$ for a rather unrealistic retail space in Dallas....well before they EVER straightened out their website or any other process.
Agreed. And Trotters Jewelers in the UK just announced they will be offering a paid private FB group service for 250 VIP customers.

TPG took readily available tactics (“day in the life” content, IG hype, crowdsourcing, etc.) and leveraged them in the burgeoning “luxury watch” trading/dealing vertical. Now, many others are following in his footsteps.
Old 5 July 2021, 11:55 PM   #1525
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSubGuy View Post
2-3M is very generous. It is also going to be impossible to sell those pieces at anywhere close to market price. If they can even find people that are going to touch most of those watches.

Plus with their famous faces they're not going to be able to hide anywhere. Where do they want to go without extradition treaties? That's not a long list nowadays.
Agree with everything you said.

Anyway, these people are not watch dealers, not in my book at least...

Lots of serious ADs and trusted sellers to work with
Old 6 July 2021, 12:01 AM   #1526
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Post Malone didn't ghost his customers / consignees.
If TPG is gone forever, he indeed ghosted his customers.

If he simply kept quiet for a week — designed to bring attention to an upcoming announcement, all will be forgotten in a couple of weeks… tops.

And their haters and YouTube brethren will generate tons of additional content whining and complaining about how the announcement didn’t live up to the false hype they themselves fueled by jumping to conclusions in the first place — resulting in even MORE attention and subscribers for TPG.
Old 6 July 2021, 12:03 AM   #1527
lutchki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
It's their site, they can do whatever they want. US-based tech companies != the US Government.

In China, it's the Chinese Government that does it.

There's a big difference.

What’s the difference?
I’m happy you have such faith in your senators and government that they always act for the benefit of the people and the greater good. NOT!!!

They are almost just as self serving as the Chinese. Just not as brash about it. Think FISA warrants. It’s all corrupt.
lutchki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 12:07 AM   #1528
AHP22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikep View Post
To me, it’s the difference between a really good reason to pause the business, and a really good reason to “go dark.” There can be a great rationale for the former, but the latter is much harder to explain. I think they are confusing the two, and believe one answers the other. They have shown that they can communicate, by putting out a video about the reveal and responding on YouTube to comments. If they have a good reason for going dark, they could have had a the same effect, and kept trust, by sending out a “We need to shut down all media for the next week, but just wait to see why. You’ll be so amazed.” It would have still been cryptic enough to generate intrigue and views/interactions, but without the loss of credibility. It would have had the same effect they were going for, but would have drawn people in rather than put people off. I think this was a failure in judgement. Just my opinion.
Old 6 July 2021, 12:15 AM   #1529
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHP22 View Post
To me, it’s the difference between a really good reason to pause the business, and a really good reason to “go dark.” There can be a great rationale for the former, but the latter is much harder to explain. I think they are confusing the two, and believe one answers the other. They have shown that they can communicate, by putting out a video about the reveal and responding on YouTube to comments. If they have a good reason for going dark, they could have had a the same effect, and kept trust, by sending out a “We need to shut down all media for the next week, but just wait to see why. You’ll be so amazed.” It would have still been cryptic enough to generate intrigue and views/interactions, but without the loss of credibility. It would have had the same effect they were going for, but would have drawn people in rather than put people off. I think this was a failure in judgement. Just my opinion.
It wouldn’t have had the same impact. By yanking the web site and social media, he knew people would begin to float conspiracy theories — increasing the hype and attention. The first poorly written “article” was likely planted by them to accelerate the “dealer escapes with millions” narrative — and it worked like a charm.
Old 6 July 2021, 12:23 AM   #1530
AHP22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It wouldn’t have had the same impact. By yanking the web site and social media, he knew people would begin to float conspiracy theories — increasing the hype and attention. The first poorly written “article” was likely planted by them to accelerate the “dealer escapes with millions” narrative — and it worked like a charm.
I understand, depending on your objective. If success is having more people talking about it, even if they are against you, it worked. Liked the wrestle who plays the enemy, to become a popular character. The more boos the better. But, if they are interested in actually building a business, I don’t think it will work. Sacrifice the business for the sake of interest may be a brilliant move, if being liked doesn’t matter.