The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 11 October 2010, 02:50 PM   #151
ohmsworld
"TRF" Member

The wrench is so he can claim that he mailed the watch should law enforcement get involved. It then becomes his word against the buyer as to what was actually sent.
ohmsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2010, 01:15 AM   #152
robertneville
"TRF" Member

Watch: me burn
Good Luck Glenn!!!!

Motocross is life!
robertneville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2010, 10:04 AM   #153
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Tristan exhibited every trait of a typical scammer as noted in the original thread posted by LOL-X. From his stalling techniques to excuses of sick family members, he is a consummate con-artist.

He really needs to be taken to a woodshed.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2010, 10:58 AM   #154
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Tristan exhibited every trait of a typical scammer as noted in the original thread posted by LOL-X. From his stalling techniques to excuses of sick family members, he is a consummate con-artist.

He really needs to be taken to a woodshed.
I hear you John... Unfortunately Tristan has produced offspring who will likely follow in his footstep.
onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2010, 11:05 AM   #155
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by onkyo View Post
I hear you John... Unfortunately Tristan has produced offspring who will likely follow in his footstep.
Thanks Pav. Also, I'm glad to hear that everything worked out for you. Your ordeal was unbelievable! Wow.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2010, 11:16 AM   #156
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Thanks Pav. Also, I'm glad to hear that everything worked out for you. Your ordeal was unbelievable! Wow.
Thanks John.... I learned many lessons in that nightmare. Lesson #1 is never deal with Edward Faber.
Old 14 October 2010, 04:02 AM   #157
GlennW
"TRF" Member

*Update*.....I receieved a payment of $146 through Paypal today, it didn't come from Tristan, but someone that he made arrangements with to send me the money. Hopefully the $3000 money wire will leave today (also from someone else that Tristan supposedly made arrangements with), but I haven't heard from Tristan since Saturday. Meanwhile, the $500 (chargeback) that my credit card company is working with through Paypal is still an open claim, I hope that Tristan takes care of that soon.

I really hope that this is the start of good things to come and hopefully the total of my $3646 will be returned to me soon.

Glenn
GlennW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2010, 04:44 AM   #158
afnios1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: IWC 371503 gst.
As it seems Tristan is a scammer,yes?Yes,everybody knows.So,the guy who sent you the 100 somthing $ back what is?Just asking
afnios1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2010, 05:07 AM   #159
GlennW
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnios1 View Post
As it seems Tristan is a scammer,yes?Yes,everybody knows.So,the guy who sent you the 100 somthing $ back what is?Just asking
Not sure...it came from a women in Spain that supposedly is a family friend???
Old 14 October 2010, 05:22 AM   #160
BH13GMT
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennW View Post
*Update*.....I receieved a payment of $146 through Paypal today, it didn't come from Tristan, but someone that he made arrangements with to send me the money.
Glenn
mmm a nice way to keep your active email account out of the equation by using someone elses paypal account, very sneaky. He is definately covering his tracks

Rolex Sub 1680, Rolex GMT 116710LN, Rolex Datejust 16220 Salmon Dial (the Mrs), Tudor BB58, Tudor Pelagos Blue and Several Seiko's
"last one in the chopper is a rotten egg" Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
BH13GMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2010, 05:36 AM   #161
drtooth73
Banned

Watch: TT GMT IIC
probably scammed someone else to pay you, Glen
drtooth73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2010, 06:13 AM   #162
ducatidoc
"TRF" Member

Watch: zenith
Is the balance ($3000 + 500) not also due you before the end of the day ? Or is the $500 a Paypal reversal which goes thru whenever they process it ? (i.e., not directly under his control)

Reason I ask is I thought you said all $3146 by Wednesday .

# 26371
NAWCC Member
ducatidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2010, 06:37 AM   #163
GlennW
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatidoc View Post
Is the balance ($3000 + 500) not also due you before the end of the day ? Or is the $500 a Paypal reversal which goes thru whenever they process it ? (i.e., not directly under his control)

Reason I ask is I thought you said all $3146 by Wednesday .
That is correct...$500 is a Paypal reversal, $146 was paid today via Paypal, $3K via a money wire that was supposedly being sent today (but I haven't received any confirmation from anyone)?
Old 14 October 2010, 06:41 AM   #164
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtooth73 View Post
probably scammed someone else to pay you, Glen
I was thinking the same thing....
Old 14 October 2010, 07:10 AM   #165
GlennW
"TRF" Member

I hope not....the person told me that they were sending me the payment for Tristan (Bassethounds) for a refund on a Tudor watch.
Old 14 October 2010, 07:40 AM   #166
ohmsworld
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I hope not....the person told me that they were sending me the payment for Tristan (Bassethounds) for a refund on a Tudor watch.
Jeez what a mess! If i was refunding money to someone there's no way i'll agree to send the money to a 3rd party to settle his debt.
I mean, that's how money laundering works!

The other dude is a fool but his foolishness is your blessing.

Hope it works out Glenn. Get your money and run very far from anyone name Tristan. Run like you are being chased by a bassethound.
Old 14 October 2010, 07:50 AM   #167
ducatidoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmsworld View Post

Hope it works out Glenn. Get your money and run very far from anyone name Tristan. Run like you are being chased by a bassethound.

...and the cool thing is, you won't even have to run very fast !

# 26371
NAWCC Member
ducatidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2010, 07:57 AM   #168
unclesallie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: keystone pocket
nightmare. hope you get your money back.
unclesallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2010, 08:08 AM   #169
ohmsworld
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatidoc View Post
...and the cool thing is, you won't even have to run very fast !

But they are called "hounds" for a reason no? doesn't that make it a hunting dog?

Apologies for digression.
Old 14 October 2010, 08:42 AM   #170
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
Let's all remember that during my ordeal with Tristan he asked me to pay Steve the $4000 he owed.

Glenn. At the end of the day all that's important here is that you finally get your money back.

Bottom line: it is beyond any amount of reasoning now. There have been 3 instances on this forum alone.

I just hope that everyone finally understands that Tristan is not someone to be trusted, dealt with, or listened to from this point forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
dalip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2010, 11:16 PM   #171
Randy9999
"TRF" Member

Watch: red 1680; 6542
This is a guy who creates victims, and somebody like that will always find another, somewhere, somehow. The rest of us can stand together, vigilantly, attempting as best we can to prevent other incidents, but, sadly, I believe we will see others occur. Unfortunately, Spain isn't known for their vigorous prosecutions of cyber-criminals. Watching this play out again and again is painful.
Randy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2010, 06:08 AM   #172
rpryan55
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubND,DD,SSDaytona
I never interacted with the guy, but I watched this forum as his presence became more and more visible. He attracted "friends" on the forum with his easy charm, and he created a veneer of respectability with humor, optimism and good wishes. I would have sent him the money he wanted for a watch in a second if I'd been in the market and wouldn't have blinked. He just seemed like a decent guy, and he'd been around for .... well, it seemed like forever.

Usually there's a bit of gullibility or compliance in a victim of a scam, but had I sent him some money for a watch I don't think I would have been gullible or complicit - he just spent far too much effort gaining trust. That's the thing - he spent so much time and effort trying to gain everyone's trust it that the betrayal seems, well.... psychotic.

In any event, every single person that this guy scammed has my sympathy - and I have a sense of "there but for the grace of...."
rpryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2010, 06:38 AM   #173
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpryan55 View Post
I never interacted with the guy, but I watched this forum as his presence became more and more visible. He attracted "friends" on the forum with his easy charm, and he created a veneer of respectability with humor, optimism and good wishes. I would have sent him the money he wanted for a watch in a second if I'd been in the market and wouldn't have blinked. He just seemed like a decent guy, and he'd been around for .... well, it seemed like forever.

Usually there's a bit of gullibility or compliance in a victim of a scam, but had I sent him some money for a watch I don't think I would have been gullible or complicit - he just spent far too much effort gaining trust. That's the thing - he spent so much time and effort trying to gain everyone's trust it that the betrayal seems, well.... psychotic.

In any event, every single person that this guy scammed has my sympathy - and I have a sense of "there but for the grace of...."
Exactly, Dick!
Old 15 October 2010, 07:31 AM   #174
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:

Well said, buddy. The guy was a smooth operator!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2010, 07:35 AM   #175
onkyo
Banned

Quote:

good post....
Old 15 October 2010, 09:39 AM   #176
Rolex Junky
Banned

Watch: 116710LN & 116201
This entire Tristan saga reminds of the movie "The Talented Mr. Ripley"
Perhaps his back is financially against the wall so to speak; or he just wanted to "belong" and roll with the high rollers. Maybe he is just a petty swindler. Regardless of reasoning; whatever credit he so arduously labored to build with the TRF community, that all is gone now. Collapsed like a house of cards. For in the end a person is only as good as his word.
Rolex Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2010, 01:56 AM   #177
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
*UPDATE*.....Tristan has posted elsewhere that he and I have come to an agreement off-line and all is well? Not 100% true....he told me that he would have my money wired to me this week, we will see if he keeps his word. I will update this thread once that happens. Not holding my breath, it has only been 3 months.

Thanks for everyone's concern, support, and help, you are a great group and I consider all of you my friends.

Glenn
Glenn, It's Friday... I am assuming the wire never arrived.
Old 16 October 2010, 06:56 AM   #178
GlennW
"TRF" Member

No.....Tristan has disappeared and no longer communicates.

Anybody want to go to Spain and collect some money for me.

Dalip: Do you have any info on the club that Tristan was known at?

Thanks
Old 16 October 2010, 07:21 AM   #179
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
No.....Tristan has disappeared and no longer communicates.

Anybody want to go to Spain and collect some money for me.

Dalip: Do you have any info on the club that Tristan was known at?

Thanks
Sorry to hear that Glenn.
Old 16 October 2010, 08:36 AM   #180
ducatidoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onkyo View Post
Sorry to hear that Glenn.
+1, but hardly surprised.

# 26371