The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 July 2023, 05:02 PM   #151
TNG
"TRF" Member

Honestly, i love the approach from this AD! Eliminate the flippers!
TNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2023, 05:04 PM   #152
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNG View Post
Honestly, i love the approach from this AD! Eliminate the flippers!
It will be challenging to eliminate all flippers but I would support this AD for sure. I like what they are doing in their own limited capacity.
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2023, 09:16 PM   #153
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashbush View Post
Hello, I am on the waiting list for a GMT and i have received a call from the AD asking me to bring my previously purschased DJ 41 in order to allocate the GMT for me! is that's normal?
has anyone experienced this before?
As your dj is now “in a different country”, my guess is you’ll not be seeing that GMT in case it were to skip countries too.

Just my gut feeling
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2023, 11:02 PM   #154
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Do we think the DJ is actually with the father? Because I don’t really think the AD would be such a stickler they would want to discourage gifting jewelry to relatives. Seems like something they would actively encourage.
bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2023, 11:29 PM   #155
Tricolore66
"TRF" Member

So many people on this forum bemoan their inability to get new watches at MSRP from AD's, yet when an AD takes obvious measures to avoid selling to flippers (like this post, or holding warranty cards, etc.) nothing but complaints around here.
Tricolore66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2023, 12:13 AM   #156
Max7857
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AK EXP II SeaQ
If I were the OP i would have said to the AD. “I don’t appreciate you questioning my integrity even after I offered to provide video evidence. That being said I will pay to ship the watch here provided you agree to pay the shipping to return the watch to my father”

I believe that is fair to both parties. It is doubtful if the watch was flipped to the grey market that the OP would be able to produce live video of a person wearing the watch and revealing the serial number for confirmation. If the OP was able/willing to produce this evidence then I believe the AD is being unreasonable and should pay one way shipping. For the OP, paying one way shipping might not seem fair to him but would be a small price to pay for a difficult to obtain watch.
Max7857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2023, 12:22 AM   #157
Auric Goldfinger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max7857 View Post
If I were the OP i would have said to the AD. “I don’t appreciate you questioning my integrity even after I offered to provide video evidence. That being said I will pay to ship the watch here provided you agree to pay the shipping to return the watch to my father”

I believe that is fair to both parties. It is doubtful if the watch was flipped to the grey market that the OP would be able to produce live video of a person wearing the watch and revealing the serial number for confirmation. If the OP was able/willing to produce this evidence then I believe the AD is being unreasonable and should pay one way shipping. For the OP, paying one way shipping might not seem fair to him but would be a small price to pay for a difficult to obtain watch.
Lol he could just ask the person who he sold the watch to for a video call. Doesn’t mean it’s his dad. A video call proves nothing.

OP has logged in numerous times and hasn’t posted any additional updates. Seems obvious at this point what really happened.
Auric Goldfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2023, 12:31 AM   #158
Max7857
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AK EXP II SeaQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auric Goldfinger View Post
Lol he could just ask the person who he sold the watch to for a video call. Doesn’t mean it’s his dad. A video call proves nothing.

OP has logged in numerous times and hasn’t posted any additional updates. Seems obvious at this point what really happened.
True. But if he sold it to someone he knows and they still have the watch that is not a flipper as we typically define.
Max7857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2023, 12:35 AM   #159
Auric Goldfinger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max7857 View Post
True. But if he sold it to someone he knows and they still have the watch that is not a flipper as we typically define.
But he is in the eyes of the AD which is what ultimately matters.
Auric Goldfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2023, 12:35 PM   #160
Njkdog
Banned

Watch: Speedy reduced
kinda find the pompous attitude of people disgusting who say (I would never out of principle or it's none of their business) get off your high horse. The both want to make sure it'll go to someone who will actually appreciate it, and they don't want to get in trouble them selves.

even if you disagree with me and still feel it's not right, guess what, two wrongs don't make it right all of the sudden. just don't be a POS. These deals don't know you, you could be a flipper, they're just following orders from higher ups, they're not sitting around in a circle brainstorming ways to insult you...
Njkdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2023, 06:04 PM   #161
Ten Ten & 32
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
Given that Rolex sells 1MM pieces annually, I don't think Rolex can manage even trying to care who an AD sells to for 99% of those transactions (Rainbow Daytonas etc. excepted). As a result, I also haven't seen any objective evidence of Rolex actually caring who an AD sells run of the mill watches to (yes, a GMT is a run of the mill watch), nor have I seen any objective evidence of Rolex suspending an AD's license explicitly for being caught selling to grays out the back door (though we know it happens, no other way for stickered, in demand watches to end up at trusted sellers).

If you have a source showing how/when Rolex has come down on an AD for backdooring to grays, I'd love to read it.

IMO ADs that are concerned about flippers should be far more concerned about the other ADs selling bulk loads out the back door to grays than some poor guy who bought a single Datejust.

There is no written evidence but everyone knows AD’s have to be careful who they are selling to.

Your ramble is just hot air - you know as well as anyone how difficult it is to obtain hot SS pieces from an AD.

Why do you suppose that is then???

Don’t you think they would love to stick all the watches out of the safe into the window & sell them all to any random that walked past?

Of course they would, but they don’t - why??

BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL WHO THEY ARE SELLING TO AS ROLEX ARE COMING DOWN HARD ON AD’s THAT ARE COUGHT FEEDING THE GREY MARKET

Can I be any clearer?

If you don’t know that then you’ve been living under a rock for the last 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ten Ten & 32 is offline   Reply With Quote