The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 30 June 2021, 03:59 AM   #151
jbreeden
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
I am interested to see what all this amounts to. A few things to poke a few holes into some theories. To start with the investment/raise, seems all assume they sold all the spots, currently the group has 161 members, assuming several are staff they have only raised around $300,000. Everyone saying they are taking their stuff down because of legal reason around the capital raise, the one thing not deleted is the youtube videos with all the "evidence". If i were to guess they are just winging it day by day, most likely saw the suspense in early videos if they were a day late, so now they did a super late upload last week, left it with a cliff hanger, most likely will post up a video saying how healthy the business is, they suspended social media to build suspense, they know what they are doing, all the members in the VIP group are very happy, as a matter of fact we are going to be giving away a watch in that group this Friday, will offer a refund to anyone in the group who asks. And if Anthony is half as smart as he leads on the video will start with a phone call between him and Marco to meet somewhere to talk and it will be a new building.
jbreeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 03:59 AM   #152
the dark knight
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambo View Post
I think this is a case (and a lesson for all those Youtube stars) where the weekly videos (planned and spur-of-the-moment) can look quite foolish in hindsight. Also, they can show trends in activities, purchases, moods, etc. At the beginning it was steak dinners and Lambos for all...now it seems they can't buy much inventory with actual cash. Need to sell X right away to pay for Y and all that. Anthony and Marco are clearly grumpier (stressed?) than previous episodes.

Their lack of business acumen was highlighted in the episode where they were (foolishly) planning their new store buildout right there in the building....they were practically drooling about how it would look before the lease had even been negotiated. It was clear neither of them had much experience negotiating this kind of lease. I felt bad for their realtor at the end when they kyboshed the dream. As a building owner, I could only dream of watching prospective tenants show me their cards in such an overt (and hilarious) fashion.

Who knows, maybe this is all a poorly planned publicity stunt, but if you go back and watch the episodes from the beginning they didn't appear to take the actual business of owning a business ($17,000 steak dinner could have bought a decent sport Rolex) seriously enough and it just started piling on to what could be an unavoidable conclusion.
I guess we're all speculating at this point. But my impression was their (or maybe just Anthony's) ultimate goal was not the watch business. Seemed like they wanted to use the watch business to grow their profile and hopefully land a TV show/marketing empire (ala Pawn Stars). Hence why all the lifestyle steak dinner stuff.
the dark knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 04:00 AM   #153
the dark knight
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmiii View Post
If it's all over, I feel especially bad for the videographer who just quit his job to join TPG full-time.
Ehh... guys with video editing skills are in high demand, he'll land on his feet just fine.
the dark knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 04:02 AM   #154
Jack F
"TRF" Member

I wonder how many 2k investors there were.
Gray market is slowing. Many are realizing that great prices are nuts.
Jack F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 04:04 AM   #155
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
marco is no longer a moderator of the facebook group i hear.

they never did get that lambo.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 04:05 AM   #156
Brew
"TRF" Member

How many other sm/youtubers vouched for these clowns via "collab," etc.?
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 04:08 AM   #157
maecenas
"TRF" Member

From the point of view of running a small business with relatively low margins, I've always been nervous for them... it definitely looked like a train wreck waiting to happen. The $2m raise probably seemed like a clever idea, but I don't think they realized what they were getting into. Are they investors? Is it a "donation"? There was a little quip in one of the videos where Anthony used that word and Marco quickly shot "no! it's not a *donation*!" that made me think they were starting to learn that all these words have specific meanings and legal implications... if absolutely nothing else, they probably didn't consider that it would be considered income and be taxable...

Anyhow, who knows what's going on at the moment, but this thread has kept me more entertained this morning than their recent episodes
maecenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 04:17 AM   #158
jgottsman11
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: President
I knew these guys wouldn't last long, but didn't expect it this quick.
jgottsman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 04:19 AM   #159
Watchfunday
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek,AP,ALS,Rolex
TimepieceGentlemen - Gone already or just revamping

Anthony’s personal FB profile has a link to a new IG profile thetimepiecegentleman, which states ”Up for sale” in its heading. There’s also a video of Anthony with the inventory uploaded 2 days ago. It only has 4 posts and 5 followers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watchfunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 04:21 AM   #160
BobMartian
Banned

if their YouTube channel is still up then I think there is nothing going in. all this discussion is the hype they crave & I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re planted in this thread to keep it going
BobMartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 04:31 AM   #161
jbreeden
"TRF" Member

Anybody want to try his cellphone number?
469-907-3695
Old 30 June 2021, 04:32 AM   #162
ThatSubGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchfunday View Post
Anthony’s personal FB profile has a link to a new IG profile thetimepiecegentleman, which states ”Up for sale” in its heading. There’s also a video of Anthony with the inventory uploaded 2 days ago. It only has 4 posts and 5 followers.

Could very well be signs of a hacker attack
ThatSubGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 04:34 AM   #163
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Patron View Post
I inquired on how the process worked and sent them some pics of my collection. They said( Marco) that they don’t have the funds to purchase out right but would sell them one at a time. Or they can get a investor to purchase all or most of them at a discount. I was thinking to my self why don’t Anthony just sell his “ personal stash” if its really his, to help his business grow. Business 1st, the flex can wait once you have a good foundation. Seem to me it was backwards. I really thought one million bucks was pocket change to these guys, especially when they are wearing some supper high dollar stuff while just chilling around the city. I was very disappointed to say the least. I was hoping they would succeed since it would be another avenue to get hard to get pieces, I guess we shall see.

I don’t know what your collection is worth but if it’s less than 200-300k and something they could sell quickly (Rolex, Ap, patek) that’s a clear indication they are in cash trouble. Call HQ Milton, Thanh or Davidsw. They are buyers always.

I assumed they were broke from the beginning. The huge flash didn’t make any sense and they were constantly chasing down cash because they didn’t have any.

shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 04:36 AM   #164
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Wow, I've never watched their videos or seen their SM pages. This sounds like a soap opera for watch enthusiasts. I did see another thread here about them offering timeshares or insider status or whatever. I'd like to believe no one is dumb enough here to give them 2,000 real dollars, but then again, I get emails from Nairobi so I guess they work or people wouldn't keep sending 'em.
Old 30 June 2021, 04:36 AM   #165
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

Don't forget Anthony admits he is a criminal, served jail time and then lived in a half way house before he was allowed to reenter society. Very few people ever change, some do but most... no
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 04:45 AM   #166
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
I guess Anthony is going to be selling the next hot thing somewhere else soon.

Like another poster mentioned above, hopefully this is a sign of the bubble finally bursting but I won’t hold my breath.

The fact that their YouTube is still up is pretty telling. Maybe they were ordered to shut everything down but with all the incriminating evidence on the YouTube videos they were required to leave up. Imagine being established like Roman and Watch Eric and getting on camera with these clowns. Roman took their idea and made it better and credible

Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 04:45 AM   #167
cbalster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
I don’t know what your collection is worth but if it’s less than 200-300k and something they could sell quickly (Rolex, Ap, patek) that’s a clear indication they are in cash trouble. Call HQ Milton, Thanh or Davidsw. They are buyers always.

I assumed they were broke from the beginning. The huge flash didn’t make any sense and they were constantly chasing down cash because they didn’t have any.

I've had personally one of those dealers pass on a steel Vacheron I had for sale. Few weeks later he listed one for sale $4k higher than where I would have sold to him.

These guys and their inventory situation are pretty fluid, selling watches is not so easy in my opinion.

Someone here said a well known TRF grey passed on a two tone Explorer I as well. Bottom line if you plan to sell a watch be prepared to have your expectations knocked down a bit!
cbalster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 04:45 AM   #168
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizcut1 View Post
Jesus. None of you know anything about anything...like a bunch of old women hunting and pecking in the park and gossiping about blindly...

"I bet they did this" and "I bet they did that."

Worse than my wife's women's group - and they're bad.
Honestly, I completely agree.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 04:45 AM   #169
ippon20
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16710 (3186)
It takes all of 5 minutes to create a Splash page on your URL that says something along the lines of "we are currently rebranding our website, stay tuned".

Instagram @pivot_and_spine
ippon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 04:46 AM   #170
Watchwoody
"TRF" Member

This is obviously a planned stunt.
Watchwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 04:46 AM   #171
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dark knight View Post
I have learned a lot of interesting things about watches and otherwise watching their videos.
What did you learn?
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 04:52 AM   #172
descartes
"TRF" Member

If TPG does file for bankruptcy those folks who consigned their watches will have a process to navigate. The consignment rules are somewhat complex and fact intensive.

Some consignors may have an issue if they failed to “perfect” their consignment interest under the UCC rules. This requires a certain filing with the secretary of states office at the time of the consignment.

Other consignors may be exempt from this and retain ownership but it depends on the facts, including the nature of the consignor.

Old 30 June 2021, 04:57 AM   #173
Kneecough
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbreeden View Post
I am interested to see what all this amounts to. A few things to poke a few holes into some theories. To start with the investment/raise, seems all assume they sold all the spots, currently the group has 161 members, assuming several are staff they have only raised around $300,000. Everyone saying they are taking their stuff down because of legal reason around the capital raise, the one thing not deleted is the youtube videos with all the "evidence". If i were to guess they are just winging it day by day, most likely saw the suspense in early videos if they were a day late, so now they did a super late upload last week, left it with a cliff hanger, most likely will post up a video saying how healthy the business is, they suspended social media to build suspense, they know what they are doing, all the members in the VIP group are very happy, as a matter of fact we are going to be giving away a watch in that group this Friday, will offer a refund to anyone in the group who asks. And if Anthony is half as smart as he leads on the video will start with a phone call between him and Marco to meet somewhere to talk and it will be a new building.
Where are the unicorns and rainbows in this dream sequence?
Kneecough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 05:06 AM   #174
descartes
"TRF" Member

If TPG is closing the business I am quite their liabilities far exceed their assets, especially since the market has slowed quite a bit in the last few weeks and their inventory has declined in value.

There will be a lot of creditors, consignors, employees etc left without a proverbial chair.

Old 30 June 2021, 05:09 AM   #175
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 05:12 AM   #176
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
TimepieceGentlemen - Gone already or just revamping

Quote:
Originally Posted by descartes View Post
If TPG is closing the business I am quite their liabilities far exceed their assets, especially since the market has slowed quite a bit in the last few weeks and their inventory has declined in value.

There will be a lot of creditors, consignors, employees etc left without a proverbial chair.

To bad we don’t have anyone local who can go check to see if their retail space is even open. If closed they definitely bolted!

Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 05:13 AM   #177
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeysub93 View Post
Relax, bro
Okay.
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 05:16 AM   #178
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

I'm watching the latest video, kinda sad how many people are calling them ''hey just bought this Rolex from an AD, I would like to sell it''.

These are the people who aren't into this hobby at all and just want to make a small profit.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 05:19 AM   #179
jbreeden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneecough View Post
Where are the unicorns and rainbows in this dream sequence?
lets see, he will trade his RM for a rainbow daytona, and they will finally buy the Lambo and call it the unicorn.
Old 30 June 2021, 05:23 AM   #180
WiseRat
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Is anyone here in Dallas? Can they swing by and see if the lights are still on?
WiseRat is offline   Reply With Quote