The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 7 July 2017, 12:58 PM   #151
schnipples24
"TRF" Member

Yeah I've looked, no hits.
In regards to the serial number/warranty card everything matches up. And he made a thread a day after the purchase date on the watch about an explorer I his friend bought so I will say the date on the warranty card is legit.

Seller has still not surfaced, and I think the conclusion to this unfortunate situation is that I will be sending the watch off to be polished by the wonderful member William L. I just want to say thanks to all the wonderful members of this board who have reached out and provided support to a seemingly random stranger. Thank you to the members who have no dog in the fight and were willing to step up and help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post
I know this may sound morbid and maybe a little twisted but you know his full name and where he lives. Have you goodled his name and city/state to see if a police report or news story or heaven for it, an obituary comes up??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
schnipples24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2017, 01:00 PM   #152
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnipples24 View Post
Yeah I've looked, no hits.
In regards to the serial number/warranty card everything matches up. And he made a thread a day after the purchase date on the watch about an explorer I his friend bought so I will say the date on the warranty card is legit.

Seller has still not surfaced, and I think the conclusion to this unfortunate situation is that I will be sending the watch off to be polished by the wonderful member William L. I just want to say thanks to all the wonderful members of this board who have reached out and provided support to a seemingly random stranger. Thank you to the members who have no dog in the fight and were willing to step up and help.
Wise move.

Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2017, 05:18 PM   #153
JayB
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXP, DJ, NF
Quote:
I will be sending the watch off to be polished by the wonderful member William L
I think it's the best way to go now, please post pictures when the watch returns.

Rolex Explorer -- Rolex Datejust -- Tudor North Flag -- Omega De Ville Trésor -- Tudor Black Bay GMT -- Omega Speedmaster Professional -- Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2017, 06:18 PM   #154
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
I think it's the best way to go now, please post pictures when the watch returns.
Agreed. It's is a great watch. Clean it uo, love it and enjoy it.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2017, 07:14 PM   #155
Yzord
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Gibeon watch
The polishing is going to let you love your bought watch like it should. Enjoy the new excitement
Old 8 July 2017, 12:33 AM   #156
KVG
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 6263
I saw 16 pages and assumed at some point the seller had popped into the thread-- nevertheless, worthwhile read. Glad OP is getting some resolution. Awesome to see the community take care of its own.

KVG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2017, 03:17 AM   #157
Rolex addict
Banned

Watch: me crash my bike
I've known Bill for almost two years and this is really not like him. I've sent texts and left voicemails, but haven't heard from him. Hopefully, everything is ok. This is very out of character.
Rolex addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2017, 05:17 AM   #158
tommy91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex addict View Post
I've known Bill for almost two years and this is really not like him. I've sent texts and left voicemails, but haven't heard from him. Hopefully, everything is ok. This is very out of character.
Known him in person? Not just on the forum?
tommy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2017, 05:33 AM   #159
Rolex addict
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy91 View Post
Known him in person? Not just on the forum?
Yes, we meet up every time I'm in Philly which is every 6 weeks or so. Sometimes it's with others from TRF and sometimes it's just us. I saw the watch in person a few months ago and all I'll say is that the price paid was more than fair. I really want to talk to Bill first and get his side of the story.
Old 8 July 2017, 05:34 AM   #160
schnipples24
"TRF" Member

Yeah I've done the same with no response. Let me know if you hear anything. Thanks.

Quote:
Old 8 July 2017, 05:34 AM   #161
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Quote:
Yes, we meet up every time I'm in Philly which is every 6 weeks or so. Sometimes it's with others from TRF and sometimes it's just us. I saw the watch in person a few months ago and all I'll say is that the price paid was more than fair. I really want to talk to Bill first and get his side of the story.

Was the ad a fair representation of the watch?

Old 8 July 2017, 05:45 AM   #162
schnipples24
"TRF" Member

Lol price was fair....funny. take a look at his thread then take a look at my pictures and tell me he didn't misrepresent the condition.

What could bill possibly have to say? Do you not believe it's the same watch? I can take pics showing the serial. Do you believe I added the scratches or something myself? I can show you screenshots of me texting bill 10 minutes after I signed for the packing asking for a refund. You say the price I paid is more then fair...but you never address the actual issue of the watch looking beat to xxx. Do you think I photoshopped the pics or something? I'll take a video if that will convince you.

Also the Price is irrelevant. I wouldn't have purchased the watch if I knew the actual condition it was in. The watch looks like it was worn as a daily beater for years, which it probably was, apparently seeing as its actually his friends watch that wears them rough.

What could bill possibly say that will change this story? I'm not saying I was scammed, but that he didn't accurately represent the condition. Absolutely NO ONE not even a blind person can look at the watch I received and say its in "excellent condition with very little noticeable wear".

So please tell me what you think doesn't add up in my story?

Quote:
Old 8 July 2017, 06:02 AM   #163
Rolex addict
Banned

Quote:
Lol price was fair....funny. take a look at his thread then take a look at my pictures and tell me he didn't misrepresent the condition.

What could bill possibly have to say? Do you not believe it's the same watch? I can take pics showing the serial. Do you believe I added the scratches or something myself? I can show you screenshots of me texting bill 10 minutes after I signed for the packing asking for a refund. You say the price I paid is more then fair...but you never address the actual issue of the watch looking beat to xxx. Do you think I photoshopped the pics or something? I'll take a video if that will convince you.

Also the Price is irrelevant. I wouldn't have purchased the watch if I knew the actual condition it was in. The watch looks like it was worn as a daily beater for years, which it probably was, apparently seeing as its actually his friends watch that wears them rough.

What could bill possibly say that will change this story? I'm not saying I was scammed, but that he didn't accurately represent the condition. Absolutely NO ONE not even a blind person can look at the watch I received and say its in "excellent condition with very little noticeable wear".

So please tell me what you think doesn't add up in my story?
Don't get pissy with me. Read my damn comment. I saw the watch several months ago. The last time I saw it, the condition was much closer to Bill's pics than yours. A lot can happen in that time frame which is why I want to talk to Bill and get his side of the story. Your fight isn't with me, so leave me out of it. I just want to find out what's going on like everyone else. Keep your crap up with me and I'll report you to the mods for harassment.
Old 8 July 2017, 06:15 AM   #164
schnipples24
"TRF" Member

Harassment? What in my comments constitutes any form of harassment? I was simply responding to your post. So wait....the last time you saw it, it was much closer to bills condition then mine? But then you also say I "paid a fair price for it". So did I pay a fair price for it in bills condition, or the actual condition I received it in? Cause if it's the former, then yes I would agree, but unfortunately that is not reality. And I have the pics to support that argument. So yes please excuse me if I am "pissy" I'm just defending myself.

Quote:
Don't get pissy with me. Read my damn comment. I saw the watch several months ago. The last time I saw it, the condition was much closer to Bill's pics than yours. A lot can happen in that time frame which is why I want to talk to Bill and get his side of the story. Your fight isn't with me, so leave me out of it. I just want to find out what's going on like everyone else. Keep your crap up with me and I'll report you to the mods for harassment.
Old 8 July 2017, 07:08 AM   #165
subfanatic
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
It was advertised as excellent condition with little noticeable wear. This was a total misrepresentation and in my opinion, scnipples24 was scammed. The only thing the seller could possibly say if he surfaces is, " You are correct, would you like a refund?" "I apologize for selling you a beat up watch and telling you it was in excellent condition with little wear and worn in rotation with 4 other watches, I lied"

Hopefully he is well and nothing has happened to him. It wouldn't change my mind about any of the facts that are presented if he is unable to communicate right now. The bottom line is he sold a watch that is in awful cosmetic shape and tried his luck at passing it off. It's disgusting really, and it bothers me that it happened here.
subfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2017, 07:10 AM   #166
schnipples24
"TRF" Member

Ty. Exactly my feelings on the matter as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subfanatic View Post
It was advertised as excellent condition with little noticeable wear. This was a total misrepresentation and in my opinion, scnipples24 was scammed. The only thing the seller could possibly say if he surfaces is, " You are correct, would you like a refund?" "I apologize for selling you a beat up watch and telling you it was in excellent condition with little wear and worn in rotation with 4 other watches, I lied"

Hopefully he is well and nothing has happened to him. It wouldn't change my mind about any of the facts that are presented if he is unable to communicate right now.
Old 8 July 2017, 07:35 AM   #167
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:

Hopefully he is well and nothing has happened to him. It wouldn't change my mind about any of the facts that are presented if he is unable to communicate right now. The bottom line is he sold a watch that is in awful cosmetic shape and tried his luck at passing it off. It's disgusting really, and it bothers me that it happened here.
Old 8 July 2017, 07:49 AM   #168
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Quote:

Assuming there was intent, I agree that disgusting is the word to describe the actions of this seller.

Old 8 July 2017, 10:00 AM   #169
schnipples24
"TRF" Member

Alright, so I got home and decided to bust out the DSLR and take some high quality photos. There is NO flash on these photos, only taken under crappy basement lighting. I am not intending to exaggerate or mislead.

I hope this new set of photos makes it extremely clear the issue I have with the seller and the way the watch was listed.

Old 8 July 2017, 10:48 AM   #170
vipereaper30
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ UTC
There's no way any respectable person would consider that watch to be anywhere near excellent condition. Too bad we can't get the other side of the story. Hope the seller is okay and turns up to explain...
vipereaper30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2017, 01:08 PM   #171
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Seems pretty far fetched he would disappear over this. I think something happened to him. He sold a watch at a reasonable price even in that condition. I agree his photos and description don't match the condition but not enough to say I'll run away from this forum and hide. And I won't update my ig or go on wus either. Just my thoughts....

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2017, 01:09 PM   #172
Thatguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
Seems pretty far fetched he would disappear over this. I think something happened to him. He sold a watch at a reasonable price even in that condition. I agree his photos and description don't match the condition but not enough to say I'll run away from this forum and hide. And I won't update my ig or go on wus either. Just my thoughts....

That is what I said above. Something doesn't add up.

Thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2017, 01:25 PM   #173
roaddog359
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy
I would not be a happy buyer either. Maybe he sold another watch and that buyer caught up to him. I dont think he will appear in this thread. You were scammed! And you are taking it better than I would. If there is no way to dispute the sale then take up the nice offer from the forum member to polish it for free. Nice of him to do, and maybe that will take the sting out of the purchase.
roaddog359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2017, 01:29 PM   #174
roaddog359
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Oh, and you were far from "pissy" or "harassment". No reason for anyone to get upset here except the buyer.
Old 8 July 2017, 01:33 PM   #175
roaddog359
"TRF" Member

That watch should have been described as a "heavily abused POS rolex" best offer takes it.
You have every right to be upset.

Last edited by roaddog359; 8 July 2017 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 8 July 2017, 01:48 PM   #176
schnipples24
"TRF" Member

Ty mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddog359 View Post
Oh, and you were far from "pissy" or "harassment". No reason for anyone to get upset here except the buyer.
Old 8 July 2017, 06:55 PM   #177
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
You were not harassed in any way, shape, or form. Further, we can't verify whether the watch you saw several months ago is the same watch that was sold to the OP.
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2017, 07:24 PM   #178
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Seriously?
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2017, 09:21 PM   #179
Rolex addict
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
You were not harassed in any way, shape, or form. Further, we can't verify whether the watch you saw several months ago is the same watch that was sold to the OP.
That's what the Hell I said. Do you people have a problem understanding English? I have absolutely nothing to do with this and haven't seen the watch for months. It's a bad situation, but I am not going to take bullshit for something I have zero part of. Is it clear now? Do I need to hold anyone else's hand and explain it?
Old 8 July 2017, 09:42 PM   #180
subfanatic
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
That's what the Hell I said. Do you people have a problem understanding English? I have absolutely nothing to do with this and haven't seen the watch for months. It's a bad situation, but I am not going to take bullshit for something I have zero part of. Is it clear now? Do I need to hold anyone else's hand and explain it?
Are you being serious? Surely you're not really that upset over this. I think you should be reported to the mods for your language. You're embarrassing yourself.
subfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote