The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 21 September 2011, 11:15 PM   #151
Rags
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16233,16610,214270
I've been following this thread closely & I would give him a chance to redeem himself. If in fact he does send you another bracelet & it's not 100% to your liking then I would absolutely use the power of the internet to make sure everyone knows what kind of businessman he is. I always google a business name or a persons name before I do any kind of business with them.

114300 Oyster Perpetual
76200 Tudor Date+Day
Rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2011, 09:52 PM   #152
StJamesSq
"TRF" Member

Just for the avoidance of any doubt, can you tell us if the bracelet in question is related in any way to the bracelet fitted to the watch you say you sold (http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=193066) a few days ago?

There are uncanny resemblances between the photos you have submitted in this thread (http://www.rolexforums.com/showpost....7&postcount=40) and those used in the ‘for sale’ listing.
StJamesSq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2011, 12:54 AM   #153
Puffy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StJamesSq View Post
Just for the avoidance of any doubt, can you tell us if the bracelet in question is related in any way to the bracelet fitted to the watch you say you sold (http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=193066) a few days ago?

There are uncanny resemblances between the photos you have submitted in this thread (http://www.rolexforums.com/showpost....7&postcount=40) and those used in the ‘for sale’ listing.
how did this end then?
Old 28 September 2011, 01:04 AM   #154
drtooth73
Banned

Watch: TT GMT IIC
update?
drtooth73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2011, 01:10 AM   #155
crombie
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I guess it wasn't a 'pos' replacement. If this is the same one, looks pretty good in the fs photos....
crombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2011, 01:33 AM   #156
zeuloa
"TRF" Member

Watch: SEA-DWELLER
Quote:

Interesting... That clasp has the same exact markings - it looks to be the same to me... This is getting good!
zeuloa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2011, 01:43 AM   #157
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

POS replacement in this thread.

FS Listing with POS replacement bracelet fitted?

Certainly seems so.

It may have been a sensible idea to at least disclose the "less than perfect" nature of the bracelet in the listing.

Buyer beware I guess.
Old 28 September 2011, 01:43 AM   #158
StJamesSq
"TRF" Member

I think it really has to be the same bracelet. In the ‘For Sale’ listing, there are 6 photos. No 5 shows that an outside link is missing from the bracelet – in exactly the same position as a missing outside link shown in a photo in the thread about MY!

Is the OP saying that the replacement bracelet is not good enough to accept, but is good enough to sell?

I hesitate before saying that the OP has been disingenuous, but I would feel happier if I felt I knew the whole story.

It is of course regrettable if Michael Young has lost a client’s bracelet, but I do feel that it is slightly unfair to trash his reputation without the most careful consideration.
Old 28 September 2011, 01:48 AM   #159
ericdube
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ, Sub-C, Daytona
I wouldn't be surprised if the OP got tired of dealing with the issue and decided to just sell the watch instead. It sounds like this has been dragging on for a long time. To be perfectly honest, I'd probably do the same thing.

Also, he may have disclosed the bracelet issue to the buyer when he purchased it. Unfortunately, this isn't something anyone would know.
ericdube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2011, 03:05 AM   #160
Palakiko
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD 16600
my oh my. just browsed through this thread and this is like a soap opera
Palakiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2011, 02:59 AM   #161
Rose1
"TRF" Member

Watch: DateJust
I'm wondering why all of a sudden there has not been an outcome reply from Silvershark. I too want to send MY a DateJust to restore but now I'm leary to do so. I hope Silvershark posts a final outcome.

Last edited by Rose1; 30 September 2011 at 04:00 AM.. Reason: Poor grammar
Rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2011, 07:09 PM   #162
boxbrownie
"TRF" Member

I only just noticed this thread and read every post, such an interesting and now towards the end disturbingly odd story, it would indeed be nice to hear from the OP as to the resolution or otherwise, and the reason for the apparent sale of the band and watch.

As to MY's service, I sent him my 1977 jubilee 14K TT on the 3rd June this year, I had an email when he picked it up from his post office. I waited patiently (was told approx 12 week turn around as he was very busy) and I recieved the jubilee back on the 22nd September (24hr post from HK).

I am totally amazed at the restoration, before I could literally turn the band "inside out" and now it is looking almost as new.

I have collegues at work here who were awaiting the outcome of my restoration before sending thier bands of to MY, now I am not so sure whether to recommend him of not.....more NOT I feel, such a shame as its a rare talent he has and that has now been blown to bits by apparently one stupidly dealt with cock-up!

Best regards David
boxbrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2011, 09:51 PM   #163
Dickson Lim
"TRF" Member

Wow just find out this thread. Hope the latest replacement sort all of the things out.
Dickson Lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2011, 12:23 PM   #164
Galaxy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvershark View Post
Well I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'll give him a few more days to do the right thing!! If not the internet is a mighty powerful tool for totally destroying reputations and giving folks all kinds of hassle.

BTW, his websites feedback page has mysteriously vanished lol!

On his web page he states that as 'receiver' when sending him something put:

'Young Michael Chung Kit'.

Just for curosity what is his real name?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2011, 01:17 PM   #165
watchf
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
POS replacement in this thread.

FS Listing with POS replacement bracelet fitted?

Certainly seems so.

It may have been a sensible idea to at least disclose the "less than perfect" nature of the bracelet in the listing.

Buyer beware I guess.
I had a look at the FS posting and the OP did not mention anything about the issue with the bracelet at all in the listing and its SOLD. I hope the buyer knew and the OP did inform buyer of the issue.
http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=193066
watchf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2011, 01:36 PM   #166
The Godzilla

so who's the bad guy now?
The Godzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2011, 02:19 PM   #167
MY-WATCH
"TRF" Member

Woooooooow read all 6 pages and just at the last page i feel confused
MY-WATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2011, 07:46 PM   #168
nch209
"TRF" Member

uhhhhhh, me too.
Old 10 October 2011, 12:38 AM   #169
StJamesSq
"TRF" Member

One more uncertainty concerns the exact specification of the bracelet that the OP sent to Hong Kong in the first place. When I look at a thread he started when he originally bought the watch ( http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=162766 ) I see that there was some considerable doubt that the bracelet was a Rolex-made item; the thread title is ‘Is my bracelet authentic Rolex?’. I would summarise the answer given as ‘probably not’. It appears that the bracelet was a combination of clasp A, bracelet B and end-pieces C.

If this was the bracelet sent to Hong Kong for work (and we haven’t been told either way), you might argue that the bracelet supplied in return is in fact a fair replacement.

Let me stress again that I don’t think losing a client’s bracelet is a good thing, but I do believe that the OP could do with making a full and frank disclosure of all the issues before seeking the support of forum members in his campaign against Michael Young.
Old 18 November 2011, 03:14 AM   #170
StJamesSq
"TRF" Member

silvershark hasn't posted here since 21 September, and he hasn't posted on TURF (where he's TOG1625) since 15 September. It looks like we are not going to get any further explanation about his complaint; possibly he has sold the stuff that was troubling him.

I regret that these six pages have not really added much to our knowledge about bracelet repairs, but I am content that I know where to go if the RSC solution is too expensive.
Old 29 November 2011, 08:56 PM   #171
eelpie
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15223, 6305/2
I sent my Jubilee bracelet to Michael Young in mid-September . . .

On 8 September I informed Michael Young that I had obtained the additional links I had needed for my bracelet's restoration, and that the bracelet was ready to mail. I asked him if there were any special mailing instructions other than the address he had provided me.

On 12 September, when he had not responded, I mailed the packet as previously instructed.

On 15 September, three days after I'd mailed the bracelet, Michael Young responded, saying, "Sorry we are not taking new orders at the moment. Have a nice one."

I immediately answered with, "It will be very difficult for me to "have a nice one" since I mailed the bracelet to you three days ago . . ."

He then said, "Don’t worry we shall still do this one then." That was 15 September, and I have heard nothing since I got the USPS delivery confirmation showing the bracelet arrived at the Hong Kong address at 6:24 PM on 21 September.

On 27 September I asked Mr. Young if he fore-saw any problems with the restoration of my Jubilee bracelet. I never received a response.

It has now been 9 of the projected 10 weeks required to restore my bracelet, and the watch for which it is meant is almost ready at my watchmaker's shop.

I contacted Mr. Young last night about the progress on my bracelet, and as on 27 September, I have received no response.

It may be too early to be overly concerned, but I always worry when someone doesn't respond to contacts, and doubly so when that person is 10,000 miles away and is in possession of my vintage Rolex bracelet.
eelpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2011, 01:04 AM   #172
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
I dealt with a maker of custom carbon fiber Ducati bits who practiced the same atrocious customer service tactics as Michael Young. When push came to shove, the CF maker knew that he was one of the few people around who performed such work, and if I didn't like it, I could go find someone else to make my dash surrounds. He ultimately completed my parts when he felt like it, communicated only minimally, and the parts were perfect.

I would not use either Young or the CF maker in the future, but I understand their "business practices."
joeychitwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2011, 01:32 AM   #173
eelpie
"TRF" Member

The good news is, I am not without recourse . . .

A forum like this is an excellent way to spread the word about a person or business that is not up to standards, and I would be surprised if Mr. Young didn't take the occasional peek at this board.

In addition, there are governmental and law enforcement agencies in China that would not take it lightly if Rolex bracelets were not returned to customers abroad.

I have a journalism back-ground, and while I may have lost a step between the paddock and the pits, I am still certainly capable of filling the air with missives to agencies in Hong Kong if push comes to shove.

It is my fervent hope that Mr. Young puts in an appearance, and soon, but if he doesn't I am prepared to take whatever steps necessary to reach a satisfactory resolution . . .
Old 30 November 2011, 02:28 AM   #174
Mickey®
Banned

Watch: Swiss Made
If you look back you will see an email where Michael emailed me saying he is so busy he would no longer be taking orders from individuals. He must be refurb for companies only now?

He will answer sooner or later hopefully if not to get payment to return your bracelet.
Mickey® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2011, 02:36 AM   #175
eelpie
"TRF" Member

I would never have mailed the bracelet . . .

. . . had I known he was booked up.

I waited more four days for a response to my 8 September query about shipping and when that was not forth-coming, I mailed to the address he'd already provided.

When he learned I'd mailed the bracelet, he then agreed to do the work.

I am less bothed by the delay than by the absence of commnication . . .
Old 30 November 2011, 02:46 AM   #176
Mickey®
Banned

Watch: Swiss Made
Quote:
Originally Posted by eelpie View Post
. . . had I known he was booked up.

I waited more four days for a response to my 8 September query about shipping and when that was not forth-coming, I mailed to the address he'd already provided.

When he learned I'd mailed the bracelet, he then agreed to do the work.

I am less bothed by the delay than by the absence of commnication . . .
That's been the main complaint...its a matter of priorities I guess.
Customer with 1 or with 50...

Never understood why people can't reply to emails...its so easy.
Mickey® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2011, 02:51 AM   #177
eelpie
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey® View Post
Never understood why people can't reply to emails...its so easy.
That really is the bottom line. It would take all of 15 seconds to tap out, "Bracelet received, will advise" or "repair delayed, return in 30 days".

Unresponsiveness can make a good business-person appear indifferent . . .
Old 1 December 2011, 01:23 AM   #178
Treetopflyer

wow! the usual suspects...

last time i saw a twist like this kevin spacey turned out to be Keyser Soze!!

Oh My!!
Treetopflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2011, 01:33 AM   #179
316lad
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetopflyer View Post
last time i saw a twist like this kevin spacey turned out to be Keyser Soze!!

Oh My!!
Hang on a minute - he wasn't Keyser Soze - That was the guy in the dressing gown in the cabin on the boat who wasn't the Hungarian that Verbal was talking about, that Redfoot got the call from, wasn't it...

Damn, going to have to watch it for the 327th time...
316lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2011, 01:44 AM   #180
eelpie
"TRF" Member

If we could get away from 'The Usual Suspects' for a moment . . .

. . . I have just asked Mr. Young about the status on my bracelet for the second time in three days.

If I do not have a response in 5 business days I will be forced to escalate the matter with the authorities in Hong Kong.

There is patience, and there is sitting idly by while something unseemly is unfolding . . .