The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 August 2014, 07:54 AM   #151
mrklabb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarko View Post
I think those guys from Rolex are laughing their ass of right now looking at us speculate here. Rolex marketing = 10
Right, or a price increase :)
mrklabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 08:07 AM   #152
brettpaul
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrklabb View Post
Right, or a price increase :)
Yep....they're advertising the launch if a price increase!
brettpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 08:08 AM   #153
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
I just came from my AD. They're clueless, but the girl who usually helps me with the Rolexes hasn't been there the last few times I've been in. So, I guess it's just wait and see.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 08:20 AM   #154
Racerdj
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Patek-Philippe
At least we do not have long to wait for this one!
Old 1 August 2014, 08:50 AM   #155
rolepam312
"TRF" Member

Tool watch??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1066 View Post
Please, Rolex: NO WG SEA-DWELLER! Please keep the WG and other precious metals away from the Sea-Dweller family! Please let it remain the last Rolex tool watch!
You think a 10K watch is a " tool watch" ?? I'm afraid even the sea dweller is jewelry ... The tool watch no longer exists in the Rolex world ... In fact I'm sure Rolex will be offended calling their watch " tool watch" ....
rolepam312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 08:54 AM   #156
tiesmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M SS Daytona
Phillipp Stahl from the Rolex Passion Report says it a new Stainless Yachtmaster with a 21mm braclet. YM2.
tiesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 08:59 AM   #157
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWISSAHOLICS View Post
Someone from Rolex HQ is obviously a member here and caught on quick. Now the line has changed.
I knew Rolex hang on our every word... maybe an SS PepC is possible after all...
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 09:14 AM   #158
GradyPhilpott

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolepam312 View Post
You think a 10K watch is a " tool watch" ?? I'm afraid even the sea dweller is jewelry ... The tool watch no longer exists in the Rolex world ... In fact I'm sure Rolex will be offended calling their watch " tool watch" ....
Rolex still builds their Professional series watches to specifications, so in that sense, they are still "tool" watches and will hold up to harsh use, if one so desires.

I've been thinking about the term tool watch for a couple of weeks, since we had the last discussion of the term and what it means, if it ever meant anything.

Prior to the introduction of the Explorer and the Submariner, all watches, were pretty much dress watches and if they were waterproof, then you could do stuff in the water with them.

All through the Sixties, you couldn't tell a Seamaster from most dress watches, unless you happened to know, or saw it on the dial.

The Explorer, the Submariner, and the GMT were watches that were set apart from the rest of the watch world, because there was at the time no mistaking them for a dress watch. They were tools for telling the time while engaging in work, adventures, and sports.

I guess we can put the Fifty Fathoms in that league, also, and some may argue that perhaps it was the first "tool" watch.

Now, of course, a dress watch is any watch you wear when you're dressed up and if someone were to wear a true dress watch most men under 60 would call him a sissy for wearing a girl's watch.

So, I would proffer that the Rolex Professional series watches are no less rugged, durable, and reliable than any Rolex ever made

PCLs and Ceramics aside, if there ever were any "tool" watches, the watches that used to go by that term are still up to whatever task is thrown at them.

It would still suit me if the term were just forgotten.

Old 1 August 2014, 09:16 AM   #159
Bernie.H.
Banned

I think that 'screw' is supposed to be a helium bubble escaping from the case and in it is the reflection of the Mariana Trench and Cameron's 'submersible'.
Bernie.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 09:27 AM   #160
Keith1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C blue, DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerdj View Post
At least we do not have long to wait for this one!

Great point!
Keith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 09:35 AM   #161
5253Reynolds
Banned

Watch: 116710_ln
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbressler View Post
Either this is faked or Rolex has since changed the name of the object. Line 199 now reads:

<div class="flash introduction_flash_1 parbase teaser-august-2014 introduction_flash">
Definitely not fake I saw it with my own two eyes. It may very well have changed once the word got out.
5253Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 09:35 AM   #162
RollieVerde
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyPhilpott View Post
Rolex still builds their Professional series watches to specifications, so in that sense, they are still "tool" watches and will hold up to harsh use, if one so desires.

I've been thinking about the term tool watch for a couple of weeks, since we had the last discussion of the term and what it means, if it ever meant anything.

Prior to the introduction of the Explorer and the Submariner, all watches, were pretty much dress watches and if they were waterproof, then you could do stuff in the water with them.

All though the Sixties, you couldn't tell a Seamaster from most dress watches, unless you happened to know, or saw it on the dial.

The Explorer, the Submariner, and the GMT were watches that were set apart from the rest of the watch world, because there was at the time no mistaking them for a dress watch. They were tools for telling the time while engaging in work, adventures, and sports.

I guess we can put the Fifty Fathoms in that league, also, and some may argue that perhaps it was the first "tool" watch.

Now, of course, a dress watch is any watch you wear when you're dressed up and if someone were to wear a true dress watch most men under 60 would call him a sissy for wearing a girl's watch.

So, I would proffer that the Rolex Professional series watches are no less rugged, durable, and reliable than any Rolex ever made

PCLs and Ceramics aside, if there ever were any "tool" watches, the watches that used to go by that term are still up to whatever task is thrown at them.

Amen. Some tools are quite expensive; it doesn't mean they aren't up to the task. It typically means they will last longer.
RollieVerde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 09:52 AM   #163
Quotron
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I knew Rolex hang on our every word... maybe an SS PepC is possible after all...
Can we come up with a better name than the "PepC" all I think of when I read that is "Hep C"
Quotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 09:56 AM   #164
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
still no HighLander Sighting what the hell is going on LOL =)
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 10:03 AM   #165
Frogdog
"TRF" Member

Watch: u talknbout Willis
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerardoG View Post
Think out of the box: new website (my 2 cents)

My thoughts as well! 👍
Frogdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 10:05 AM   #166
RolexJNJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie.H. View Post
I think that 'screw' is supposed to be a helium bubble escaping from the case and in it is the reflection of the Mariana Trench and Cameron's 'submersible'.
Yes, good call!
RolexJNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 10:08 AM   #167
Jake B
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gold Sub 116618LN
Quote:

All through the Sixties, you couldn't tell a Seamaster from most dress watches, unless you happened to know, or saw it on the dial.

Wow, Grady...It's like you actually THINK before you post. Them's some real wise words you done wrote there
Old 1 August 2014, 10:11 AM   #168
GradyPhilpott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake B View Post
Wow, Grady...It's like you actually THINK before you post. Them's some real wise words you done wrote there
You're much too kind, but thank you very much.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Old 1 August 2014, 10:16 AM   #169
Jake B
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gold Sub 116618LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolepam312 View Post
Nonsense. It might cost more than the average person can afford to pay for a watch, but then so are week long dive trips in the tropics at luxurious island resorts, and that doesn't make them any less "vacation" than a trip to Wally World now, does it? The watches in the Rolex sports lineup are just as capable, if not more, than the Rolex of yesteryear at performing as they're meant to.

Here's the newest "jewelry" in the lineup playing tool...

http://rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=364863
Old 1 August 2014, 10:22 AM   #170
dnagwhogas
"TRF" Member

Watch: N :Learn
Nice work Alpino!!!

P-Club Member # 7

Time is what prevents everything from happening at once.
dnagwhogas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 10:27 AM   #171
Turpentine
"TRF" Member

<div class="flash introduction_flash_1 rolex-deepsea-d-blue-dial parbase introduction_flash">

Text has not changed from the Rolex web-site. I just visited and found it still there. After you click "inspect element" you roll right up and you will see it there.
Turpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 10:33 AM   #172
bbressler
"TRF" Member

Watch: Exp, GMTII, Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turpentine View Post
<div class="flash introduction_flash_1 rolex-deepsea-d-blue-dial parbase introduction_flash">

Text has not changed from the Rolex web-site. I just visited and found it still there. After you click "inspect element" you roll right up and you will see it there.
Ah ok. I just did view source.
bbressler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 10:34 AM   #173
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Awesome post. I could not agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake B View Post
Exactly.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 10:49 AM   #174
AbqRolexFan
"TRF" Member

The reference is still there. I can't imagine a white gold DSSD; it's already a very heavy watch, even with a titanium case back. WG would turn it into a super heavyweight!

Old 1 August 2014, 10:58 AM   #175
AbqRolexFan
"TRF" Member

I was mistaken. I still had the webpage loaded from earlier in the day. The reference is gone now.
Old 1 August 2014, 11:10 AM   #176
GradyPhilpott

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbqRolexFan View Post
I was mistaken. I still had the webpage loaded from earlier in the day. The reference is gone now.
That's okay, but I spent twenty minutes looking for it and I thought I was going blind or actually had gone blind.

Old 1 August 2014, 11:12 AM   #177
viper9669
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
If its going to be something new I'm really looking forward to it👍
viper9669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 11:16 AM   #178
Bubblehead
"TRF" Member

Launching a new website maybe? Rolex.com could use a good update.
Bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 11:23 AM   #179
Tseg
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II BLNR

Mock up
Tseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 11:24 AM   #180
Kobayashi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Any Rolex!
Quote: