The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 13 July 2022, 06:38 AM   #151
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
I foresee Daytona being the only ‘allocation’ type watch. Outside of like limited edition meteorite, rainbow, all that jazz. GMT and Sub were never meant to be something revered, they were simply entry levels into the brand and a solid all around daily time piece. I see them all settling around MSRP +/-10-15%

It’s still mind blowing to me what some people paid for 5711 and 15202 at the peak though. Absolutely unreal.

We’ll see though!
Even crazier are the people who paid 70-80k or something for those blue dialed 15500s.
Old 13 July 2022, 06:44 AM   #152
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
Even crazier are the people who paid 70-80k or something for those blue dialed 15500s.
weren't they like 120k at the peak? just insane. 50k i can understand. 80k is ridiculous itself but 6 figures...no comment
Old 13 July 2022, 07:26 AM   #153
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Just my 2c, and no offense to new guys who won’t care about watches once the ‘flippability’ has dissipated….

But I’d rather practically all Rolex be worth MSRP, we get done with this trend and sift out the people who don’t really care about horology. A bit tired of what’s it been like for last 3-4 years. I’m not trying to sell stuff so aftermarket pricing is irrelevant to me. Simply maintaining what I paid is wholly sufficient in my eyes.
Agree with the addition that I don't mind loosing a little if I decide to trade in a a different watch, not seeking a total crash (and do not see that happening) but I would like to be able to buy a used watch at MSRP, or even better, go in and try on a watch at the AD, and, novel thought, buy one if I like it. Not sure we will ever get back to that. But it would be nice.
Old 13 July 2022, 08:03 AM   #154
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
weren't they like 120k at the peak? just insane. 50k i can understand. 80k is ridiculous itself but 6 figures...no comment
Hmmm, I don't think they hit 120k. I could be wrong though. I thought they topped out at 70-80k'ish and at that point they stopped moving.
Old 13 July 2022, 08:21 AM   #155
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelfoley View Post
Does anyone have experience actually buying on MODA? Can the sellers be trusted? They "vouch" for one another but I don't know how much weight to give that...

Just the people here promoting Moda
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent Clock
Old 13 July 2022, 08:43 AM   #156
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
Hmmm, I don't think they hit 120k. I could be wrong though. I thought they topped out at 70-80k'ish and at that point they stopped moving.
122k (no clue if it sold) :
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=839591

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=845762

i believe black dials were going for around 80 at the peak themselves so...pretty insane

black sold for 81
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=840328
Old 13 July 2022, 02:26 PM   #157
rolexpatek363
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pursang_ View Post
Everybody loves their free market capitalism until it punches them in the face.
You should consider a career in marketing. Moda are hiring, I hear.
Old 13 July 2022, 04:32 PM   #158
LJubel328
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelfoley View Post
Does anyone have experience actually buying on MODA? Can the sellers be trusted? They "vouch" for one another but I don't know how much weight to give that...

I have sold on MODA, not bought. I did this because I an a stickler on fees and have a hard time swallowing even the slightest of spreads I grey dealer is making in the back end of our deal. So, I figured I’d try MODA . The process went like this:

Listed watch, a potential buyer PM’d me and we settled on a price. Since I had few references I agreed I would ship if he provided a reference check on himself where other members vouched for him.

He provided the label and off the package went. It arrived next day around 11am and I had the money wired to my account be end of day. It took not more than 72 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13 July 2022, 10:34 PM   #159
JRedford
"TRF" Member

Has anyone bought on Moda? I am curious how that went.
Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain You are young and life is long, and there is time to kill today And then one day you find ten years have got behind you No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
Old 14 July 2022, 12:03 AM   #160
thekman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRedford View Post
Bought and sold multiple times. Not really any different to how we sell/buy here on TRF. Expect to ship/pay first if you are a new members and you are dealing with a known dealer on the group. I also like that o facebook it feels that you are talking to an actual person and you can see their profile and can ask for reference check on the group on that person.

Follow me www.instagram.com/subs.n.scrubs
Old 14 July 2022, 12:51 AM   #161
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekman View Post
Bought and sold multiple times. Not really any different to how we sell/buy here on TRF. Expect to ship/pay first if you are a new members and you are dealing with a known dealer on the group. I also like that o facebook it feels that you are talking to an actual person and you can see their profile and can ask for reference check on the group on that person.
Yeah idk why people are acting like MODA is sketchy, it’s actually a cool niche group to get the best prices. If prices continue to fall towards MSRP, could be an amazing way to get watches undercutting bigger greys, from still reputable sources.
Old 14 July 2022, 01:16 AM   #162
dmash
"TRF" Member

Multiple black sub dates listed for under $14k now. And that’s list, not what they’ve sold for. Wow market is definitely correcting!
Old 14 July 2022, 02:05 AM   #163
whiskyrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah idk why people are acting like MODA is sketchy, it’s actually a cool niche group to get the best prices. If prices continue to fall towards MSRP, could be an amazing way to get watches undercutting bigger greys, from still reputable sources.
Meanwhile those same people will gladly buy from DavidSW and Takuya at a 30% premium because they are "trusted" as if their watches are not also sourced from the exact same place.
Old 14 July 2022, 02:06 AM   #164
whiskyrolex
"TRF" Member

Brand new Sub No Date $12.5k on Moda today.
Old 14 July 2022, 02:10 AM   #165
PepsiBezel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Neo-Vintage
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskyrolex View Post

That was about the best retail price for one in June 2021.
Old 14 July 2022, 03:10 AM   #166
Trailboss516
"TRF" Member

Watch: It's complicated
Quote:
Meanwhile those same people will gladly buy from DavidSW and Takuya at a 30% premium because they are "trusted" as if their watches are not also sourced from the exact same place.
Not saying I am in favor of doing so but I understand the perceived peace of mind that comes with buying from those two. They have much more to lose than the buyer if the watch was determined to be fake. If I were ever going that route, I'd likely buy from them compared to a private seller.
Old 14 July 2022, 03:20 AM   #167
rolexpatek363
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If it's too good to be true.... I wouldn't buy from Moda: way too much of a risk the watch is stolen or fake. JMO.
Old 14 July 2022, 03:22 AM   #168
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Can assure you added more value over the past 17 odd years than yourself, I am entitled to my opinion if you dont like my opinion dont reply its that simple.

Padi56 voices such an important perspective and reminder here about what brought us all (most) together in the first place: the history, Beauty, stories, engineering, an intrigue of watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 July 2022, 03:28 AM   #169
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRedford View Post
Yes, went fine. You'll want to do due diligence like with any potential online purchase. It's an interest blend of B&M dealers, back pack dealers, enthusiasts, and everyone in between. You'll want to 'buy the seller' as always.
Old 14 July 2022, 03:48 AM   #170
SubMillennial
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 41 Date
Quote:

The ground is continuously shrinking beneath the feet of the bag-holders.

And today's CPI report just sent futures markets pricing in a 100bps increase on interest rates spiking. It's going to get worse before it gets better for these flippers
Old 14 July 2022, 04:06 AM   #171
HAL330
Banned

Watch: xyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclowe View Post
Interesting data and analysis:

https://www.watchpro.com/prices-slum...rolex-watches/

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
there was a genuine bubble of sorts for the first few months of 2022... but we are now back to a correction style pricing situation .. they seem to have leveled to their supply/demand sustainable level... but here's what we haven't factored into this current pricing environment ..

The economy WILL turn, and demand will go up again.. China will open, etc..

So right now is a BUYERS market.. but hardly a crash.. as prices are still well above MSRP on 99% of Rolex models that are in demand.
Old 14 July 2022, 04:40 AM   #172
JWillard
Banned

Someone wake me up when china saves the market
Old 14 July 2022, 04:55 AM   #173
Meltingicecube
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL330 View Post
there was a genuine bubble of sorts for the first few months of 2022... but we are now back to a correction style pricing situation .. they seem to have leveled to their supply/demand sustainable level... but here's what we haven't factored into this current pricing environment ..

The economy WILL turn, and demand will go up again.. China will open, etc..

So right now is a BUYERS market.. but hardly a crash.. as prices are still well above MSRP on 99% of Rolex models that are in demand.
China will open

You know Chinese banks are experiencing bank runs one by one right?

Their economy is growing at the slowest pace in its history and real estate prices are crashing!

Some of these Rolex bulls OMG
Old 14 July 2022, 04:59 AM   #174
JWillard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltingicecube View Post
China will open

You know Chinese banks are experiencing bank runs one by one right?

Their economy is growing at the slowest pace in its history and real estate prices are crashing!

Some of these Rolex bulls OMG
I have already touch based on this, one million people was not enough to worry from someone remarks, CHINA GDP per person only ranks 49th in the world
Old 14 July 2022, 05:30 AM   #175
Uhtred59
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekman View Post
Patty is right, a non offensive poster is a grey dealer. My goodness
Old 14 July 2022, 05:53 AM   #176
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Get the Lamborghini driving tax masters out the game……raising prices and low balling sellers all the time……garbage peddlers like DSW
Old 14 July 2022, 07:36 AM   #177
JRedford
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
Get the Lamborghini driving tax masters out the game……raising prices and low balling sellers all the time……garbage peddlers like DSW
Huh?
Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain You are young and life is long, and there is time to kill today And then one day you find ten years have got behind you No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
Old 14 July 2022, 08:48 AM   #178
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
yikes
Old 14 July 2022, 09:17 AM   #179
Incroyable12
"TRF" Member

The latest inflation report is in and it's ugly. Canada just raised their interest rate by 2.5% instead of the .75% predicted.
Old 14 July 2022, 09:22 AM   #180
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incroyable12 View Post
The latest inflation report is in and it's ugly. Canada just raised their interest rate by 2.5% instead of the .75% predicted.
it's bad but it's also lagging. a lot of commodities are down quite a bit since june. hopefully that was the peak % wise but now will be interesting to see the rate at which it'll go down (if it does)

what's crazy is that we've basically had 15% inflation over a 2 year period and that's the number that's cooked to look better lol
Closed Thread