The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 26 August 2010, 03:49 AM   #151
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
Just remember that this is NOT about anyone other than Steve and Tristan.

OK, tell that to the mod that is accusing me of dirty dealings....I was made part of this by both of them yesterday with the phone calls and emails.
Old 26 August 2010, 03:49 AM   #152
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
I suggest we all take a break from posting in this thread for awhile, unless there are any new developments in the situation that warrant a post. Keep in mind that useful information regarding the processing of this issue takes precedence over mere discussion at this time.
Old 26 August 2010, 03:50 AM   #153
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
You need to clarify this remark, this is unfair. How can you make this type of accusation? Mod or no mod.
Again, I never accused. Just went on how you worded something.
Old 26 August 2010, 03:50 AM   #154
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
I never accused you of any criminal behavior. You have stated your opinions all thru the thread. I just stated mine by using deduction as well.

Quote:
Or by you saying "in this case", leads someone to beleive you might have kowledge of this type of behavior before. Maybe not.
Well then think before you hit enter. This sounds like it to me.
Old 26 August 2010, 03:51 AM   #155
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post
I suggest we all take a break from posting in this thread for awhile, unless there are any new developments in the situation that warrant a post. Keep in mind that useful information regarding the processing of this issue takes precedence over mere discussion at this time.
Right on, Allan.................I think I'll go upstairs and rest up a while. My Shingles are still killing me!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 26 August 2010, 03:53 AM   #156
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Well then think before you hit enter. This sounds like it to me.
I do all the time
Old 26 August 2010, 03:56 AM   #157
Jocke
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A dozen of Rolex's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post
I'm with you Allan, maybe it's time to close this thread and wait a few days for Tristans response. This thread have been a
real mess and maybe there is a explanation that we can all can buy before we judge too harshly. We still have only seen one
side of the coin.

What is best a custom Rolex or a Rolex that is stuck in custom?

Buy a professional camera and you´re a professional
photographer, buy a flute and you own a flute.
Old 26 August 2010, 03:57 AM   #158
Jocke
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A dozen of Rolex's
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
That would have to be YOU, Jocke............for the number of times you've made me look like a fool on TRF!!
Maybe I have made you looks like a fool but I have never call you a scammer.

Sorry no apology from me.

What is best a custom Rolex or a Rolex that is stuck in custom?

Buy a professional camera and you´re a professional
photographer, buy a flute and you own a flute.
Old 26 August 2010, 04:00 AM   #159
Nicko
Banned

Yes, Close this and when we come to a conclusion then post the results. This is getting ugly....Jocke, aren't you still on double secret probation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
Maybe I have made you looks like a fool but I have never call you a scammer.

Sorry no apology from me.
Old 26 August 2010, 04:02 AM   #160
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
I'm with you Allan, maybe it's time to close this thread and wait a few days for Tristans response. This thread have been a
real mess and maybe there is a explanation that we can all can buy before we judge too harshly. We still have only seen one
side of the coin.
Thanks, Jocke, but I'm personally not about to close this thread. Steve opened it, so I defer to him to do anything about a closure. If we can just keep this thread on an informational course and refrain from incidental chatter that can get people angry, then all will be well.
Old 26 August 2010, 04:21 AM   #161
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Watch: 116610 Sub-C
It has been two full business days since this was made public. Three weeks since the funds were sent by the OP. How much time would you think the average person would need to produce a watch, refund, or tracking information?

If this is a case of poor business on Tristan's end, he can still correct this. It seems SteveO is trying to retrieve his funds, and they should be returned.

There is no reason for a Salem witch hunt, and hope to see all my friends refrain from casting stones.

This is a very serious thread, and topic for many of us. Yes, I'm glued to the computer in hopes that everything is handled swiftly. At some point the OP should share an update just for the good of the order, but I will refrain from rubbernecking.

This is the "Big League" of Rolex forums, and there are many people watching how we conduct business in an incident like this. I would suggest the PM system.

This forum is the best for a reason!
Old 26 August 2010, 04:24 AM   #162
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Allan's right. Steve is the only one who should close the thread. Mods can trim the commentary if required since there's a lot of opinion in this thread, a bit too much IMO.

At least it's good that Tristan has sufficient wealth to pay Steve back today.

Does anyone know if he's done this yet?
Old 26 August 2010, 04:53 AM   #163
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

Watch: 116520/660/710/334
I have gone trough this entire post rather swiftly as I still have to do with the "semi 3G " on charcoal connection .
As I see you all know that Stevo and I have communicated vivo voce earlier this morning : I did explain to him again what my situation and position about all this is and always has been . In the meanwhile I have gotten back to him with what could be done with it to resolve it in the very best of time . He has said it was accepteble . I have since inicitated what was convened with the delay to be respected . There is in my opinion no need to go into details of what happened exactly , even though that I have explained it to some members that can be considered as "closer" to me . It would seem that they too can understand why Stevo made the decision to start this thread : It is always easier to be calm about a situation if you are not on the "receiving end ".
Please let me be very clear about the fact that I assume all responsibility and with hindsight can see where I went wrong and I'm certainly not seeking minimize my culpability by which I'm about to comment on :

I would like to comment on some of the posts relating to "communication" "delay" and "scam" and hope to put them a little more into perspective :

- Communication was indeed bad , but even Stevo can not claim it was "non existing" , inadequate ? Obviously yes . One must also take in account the time difference we have .
- Stevo did indeed order payment on the 4th , it was even Stevo himself that was surprised that he was told by the Forex company he used that the monies would not hit our account before the 9th . They were finally fully cleared on the 13th .
( Not that Stevo had any blame for the delay , but nor did I for that matter )
- Stevo has always insisted that the watch was NOT to be sent before final payment was received , even that I would have preferred to sent the watch out before I went on holiday .
- Our local correspondent for FedEx closed for holidays , we had to arrange pick up from another FedEx subcontractor based in the city of Girona . At that stage the first mistake was made with the custom's declaration and later I was the one that made the second and crucial mistake
by not paying proper attention to such a delicate matter .
- As "Murphy's law" I was confronted with the urgent family matter we are still dealing with at this time .
- I'm at the moment in the Cevennes and I would like to ask some of the members that made reflections about the internet , 3G , Wi-fi and other communication facilities . When they were here in this area for the last time and tell me how easy
all this is to get via a 3rd generation Iphone with a Spanish based contract ? Reminds me of Dalip being in the NIce and Cannes area with "the state of the art " Apple communication equipment .. we had to resort sending basic SMS to be able to communicate .

Anyway , more importantly : TRF has not been "infiltrated" by another "scammer" , Stevo will be reimbursed in the way we have agreed on earlier today . Once all this completed , I will be happy to sent ( or at least try again ) him the watch if he still wants it and he can pay me (again) whenever it pleases him .

I would also like to thank all the members for their public and private support . It is as always .. in hard times you can tell who your true friends are .
Sorry for the blood hungry ones .. they will be disappointed .
Old 26 August 2010, 05:13 AM   #164
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.

I'll resist the urge to say "I told you so", or maybe not. I understand why Steve felt that he needed to post this, to catalyze resolution and protect others if he was going off the reservation for good, but I feel that there were many others here who were not hoping for the best, quick to judge, etc. When it was revealed that Tristan had a REAL family crisis to deal with that took him out of the country the palpable negativity persisted.
If I was dealing with the death of a loved one, the wire transfer would be waiting, sorry.

十人十色
Old 26 August 2010, 05:17 AM   #165
esm
"TRF" Member

Watch: this, bro...
its great to hear from you Tristan. Glad there has been some positive movement in this matter.

hope you and your family are doing well. chat again when you are back in Spain. all the best. :-)
Old 26 August 2010, 05:17 AM   #166
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Thanks Tristen, it sounds like everything between you and Steve will be corrected soon, I know that is what we all hoped for. Additionally, we as well hope your family situation is better soon.

(if I weren't doing this on my I-phone I'd put a thumbs up, so pretend one is here!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26 August 2010, 05:20 AM   #167
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 DATEJUST41 Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: Me!!!
I knew this was just misunderstanding can't blame both parties..I hope this thread should be closed down and let's move on..
Old 26 August 2010, 05:24 AM   #168
R1@160@alltimes
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♛
well done
Old 26 August 2010, 05:30 AM   #169
Nicko
Banned

Yes! On Android at the moment...great job....No high five face, sorry.
Old 26 August 2010, 05:39 AM   #170
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Watch: 116610 Sub-C
Good to hear things are going in the right direction!
Old 26 August 2010, 05:49 AM   #171
2careless
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Well, all I can say is that I had a transaction with a seller in Barcelona 2 weeks ago - remitted the money via TT to his bank in Tarragona on 12 Aug, he confirmed receipt on 13 Aug, he sent the item to me via UPS on 17 Aug (he was on holidays) and I received it on 20 Aug here in Melbourne Australia. Sh*t happened here.
Old 26 August 2010, 05:52 AM   #172
ydna808
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybump View Post
I knew this was just misunderstanding can't blame both parties..I hope this thread should be closed down and let's move on..
And to celebrate the good news, you give a one time 20% discount with free shipping and no paypal fees
Old 26 August 2010, 06:02 AM   #173
D O C
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116710LN
Old 26 August 2010, 06:07 AM   #174
ocwatching
"TRF" Member

glad to hear that there is a resolution...
Old 26 August 2010, 06:16 AM   #175
Nicko
Banned

IMO this thread should not only be closed but removed entirely once both parties are satisfied. Enough damage has been done here and it is irreparable.
Old 26 August 2010, 06:18 AM   #176
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Phew....

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 26 August 2010, 06:18 AM   #177
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
IMO this thread should not only be closed but removed entirely once both parties are satisfied. Enough damage has been done here and it is irreparable.
There is little doubt that this thread will be history once the promised refund has become reality.

I hope this is soon, perhaps tomorrow since today (25th) has already passed.
Old 26 August 2010, 06:45 AM   #178
InVision
Banned

Watch: Outerspace DayDate
Wow! I can finally stop running back to my Hotel room to read what the hell is going on. Beers on me here in Denver...

Probably some good lessons learned here.

Mike
Old 26 August 2010, 06:58 AM   #179
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

Watch: 116520/660/710/334
Just would like to get this straight : Thank you for the kind words about the "loss" in the family : I have transmitted these kind words to my wife , as the family problem relates to my wife's grandmother and at the moment I write this she has not passed away yet . We are told to expect this within days or maybe hours . Then again we were told that late last week too .

So , especially to " Marie " who I can only presume to be AKA ... No, my grandmother has not committed suicide because she had me , she died peacefully in her sleep about 10 years ago . We all know you are such a tactful and innocent victim of the "nasty ones " on TRF . Thank you for proving this once again . Thank you for the PM .
Old 26 August 2010, 06:59 AM   #180
spuds
"TRF" Member

Watch: West Ham! COYI!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds View Post
I believe Tristan to be an honest & genuine guy & I'm sorry to hear of his loss.

I'm sure this is either a joke or a huge misunderstanding.
I hate to say I told you so but "I TOLD YOU SO!"

Glad it's gettin' sorted Gent's.....

(Last thing we need is the Head-Honcho & a Forum stalwart fallin' out.... )

Life is not about how fast you can run or how high you can climb...........
It's about how well you can bounce!!

TRF HALL OF FAME JANUARY 2010
Closed Thread

Tags
fabrication , falsification , integrity , the truth