The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 9 January 2021, 03:19 AM   #151
Blackfield
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty View Post
Do you really expect a discount at the moment on a watch which hasn't even been delivered to the shops yet?
Eventually they will. This is volume models from Omega. I have not followed Omega for a while, I think it's a fair question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
I don't see any discounts unless you're a longtime customer of an AD. Even then it'll be minimal. If you want a discount, you'll be waiting for a year at least. The days of 30%+ discounts are gone for now.
Thank you, it's the input that I was looking for.
Blackfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2021, 03:22 AM   #152
C0d
Banned

Watch: Dog
I don't think there will be hefty discounts on this particular watch for sometime. Eventually production will catch up but who knows.

There is billions of dollars in Bitcoin money plus Asia demand. Factories are crippled with COVID19 so they can't keep up.

I think the days of hefty discounts are numbered if not done already. Not saying Omega will be like Rolex, but maybe available with a minimum discount compared to 3-4 years ago.
C0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2021, 05:02 AM   #153
Blackfield
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Do you really expect a discount at the moment on a watch which hasn't even been delivered to the shops yet?
??
I don't follow Omega pricing closely in recent years. In the past, it's common to get 30%-40% discount. I just wanted to know what one should expect in the coming months or years in terms of discount for Omega.

I think it's a fair question, we are discussing about Omega here, not Rolex.

The following two responses here understood my question just fine and provided valuable inputs.

Quote:
I don't see any discounts unless you're a longtime customer of an AD. Even then it'll be minimal. If you want a discount, you'll be waiting for a year at least. The days of 30%+ discounts are gone for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0d View Post
I don't think there will be hefty discounts on this particular watch for sometime. Eventually production will catch up but who knows.

There is billions of dollars in Bitcoin money plus Asia demand. Factories are crippled with COVID19 so they can't keep up.

I think the days of hefty discounts are numbered if not done already. Not saying Omega will be like Rolex, but maybe available with a minimum discount compared to 3-4 years ago.
Thank you both. These are the inputs that I am looking for and will help me if I decide to place an order on this piece.
Blackfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2021, 06:48 PM   #154
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Setting aside the hype, I’m coming around on this new Speedmaster. Lots to like.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2021, 11:32 PM   #155
alllexandru
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Photos of the new owners are coming all over and it looks much much better in these photos than what we have seen first.

Good and worthy upgrade, the new journey for the Moonwatch started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alllexandru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2021, 03:44 AM   #156
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

Picked up my sapphire model and I LOVE it. I think the most significant thing to me is all the details really add up to making the watch that extra step up in finishing and detail level that ups the perception that it's worth the price...Im INCREDIBLY impressed!

sechsgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2021, 04:08 AM   #157
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechsgang View Post
Picked up my sapphire model and I LOVE it. I think the most significant thing to me is all the details really add up to making the watch that extra step up in finishing and detail level that ups the perception that it's worth the price...Im INCREDIBLY impressed!

ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2021, 05:41 AM   #158
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

The lighting is like landing on Mars. Awesome
EdwardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2021, 06:47 AM   #159
Dini
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060/126710BLRO
That truly looks stunning. I think I’m set on the Hesalite myself but certain things draw me to the Sapphire like the AML and the sapphire case back. If only we could custom build it ourselves
Dini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2021, 06:51 AM   #160
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Wow 18% hike

Ouch!

Omega msrp can’t be taken seriously. They can hike it 30% it’ll still be 40% off on the gray market all day
Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2021, 07:41 AM   #161
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

Really liking that stepped dial...
NYG1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2021, 08:54 AM   #162
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG1121 View Post
Really liking that stepped dial...

The dial game really got elevated with this one...plays with the light really well...
sechsgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2021, 10:25 AM   #163
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Nice - my ad doesn’t have any yet unfortunately.

Congrats it looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2021, 09:03 PM   #164
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Anyone care to do a side-by-side with the 321 now that the Speedmaster line's been comprehensively overhauled?
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2021, 12:00 AM   #165
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie_Rollie View Post
Omega msrp can’t be taken seriously. They can hike it 30% it’ll still be 40% off on the gray market all day
Not sure I agree anymore. Used to be the case but lately pre-owned discounts aren't what they used to be. I think it will be a while before we see significant discounts in the 30% range on the new Speedy.

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2021, 12:17 AM   #166
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

The Speedmaster is the watch that first got me interested in watches, and my plan was to get it, but I saw some wrist shots years ago, on TRF actually, of somebody wearing the Planet Ocean and I changed my purchase to the that. No regrets, I love the PO. I've always had plans to add a Speedmaster one day but was never in any rush. Others need to come first.

But I personally think that they hit this one out of the ballpark, and I may be changing my priorities regarding adding a Speedmaster. The new bracelet looks amazing, and the dial details are a nice touch. Well done!
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2021, 01:55 AM   #167
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Not sure I agree anymore. Used to be the case but lately pre-owned discounts aren't what they used to be. I think it will be a while before we see significant discounts in the 30% range on the new Speedy.

People are still stuck in the past. Speedmasters aren't going for 30%-40% off anymore. Discounts are narrowing and now you'll be lucky to get 20% off the 1861's.
texasmade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2021, 02:10 AM   #168
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
People are still stuck in the past. Speedmasters aren't going for 30%-40% off anymore. Discounts are narrowing and now you'll be lucky to get 20% off the 1861's.
Agree. I'm shocked at how small the discounts are in pre-owned Seamasters these days. Lucky to get in the 15-20 range on the hot models like the white dial.

samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2021, 02:15 AM   #169
C0d
Banned

Quote:
Agree. I'm shocked at how small the discounts are in pre-owned Seamasters these days. Lucky to get in the 15-20 range on the hot models like the white dial.

You can't take some comments seriously. I am not sure if they are made in haste, to start an unwarranted discussion or are honest as the person simply doesn't know better.

Internet is full of them and best is not to respond.

Agreed on the discounts, if you keep up with used Omega market. Discounts are very hard to comeby and IMHO not even worth going gray in some cases. You can match or come very close at your AD.

Old 12 January 2021, 02:20 AM   #170
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Quote:
You can't take some comments seriously. I am not sure if they are made in haste, to start an unwarranted discussion or are honest as the person simply doesn't know better.

Internet is full of them and best is not to respond.

Agreed on the discounts, if you keep up with used Omega market. Discounts are very hard to comeby and IMHO not even worth going gray in some cases. You can match or come very close at your AD.

While I'm thinking I'll still be able to get in the 20% range due to my relationship with my AD (although maybe not on the new speedy), a positive to the decreasing discounts is the watches are definitely holding value better on the secondary market. The two SMPc's I sold last year I took a minimal hit, only in the hundreds on the two tone and only the tax hit on the white.
trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2021, 11:55 AM   #171
wiem0014
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonaG View Post
So, they’re keeping the “manned” engraving on the back. The hoopla “human” caused was very amusing.
I just noticed this for the first time on some of the photos in another thread and came here to see if this was mentioned. I am glad they kept it this way (although I didn't really care the other), but was this the only thing that leaked document had wrong? Seemed like the rest of it was spot on.

Patek: 5168G (Blue)
Rolex: 126710BLRO, 116515LN, 124060
wiem0014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2021, 08:33 PM   #172
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrelnomoad View Post
Anyone care to do a side-by-side with the 321 now that the Speedmaster line's been comprehensively overhauled?
I would like to see this.

I want to know if they share the same dial.
ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2021, 07:34 AM   #173
C0d
Banned

Quote:

321 is smaller in size so it can't be the same dial.
Old 13 January 2021, 08:50 AM   #174
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
321 is smaller in size so it can't be the same dial.
Th dial size on the 321 and the moonwatch are the same i'm pretty sure. It's just that the case size is different due to the guards.

Also they're not the same dial from what I can tell like the lume colour etc are definitely different. I'll confirm when I duck into the boutique to get my 321 adjusted.
amanbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2021, 09:40 AM   #175
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

My question exactly, cos that stepped dial on the new Moonwatch is simply perfect...
Old 13 January 2021, 09:42 AM   #176
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanbra View Post
Th dial size on the 321 and the moonwatch are the same i'm pretty sure. It's just that the case size is different due to the guards.

Also they're not the same dial from what I can tell like the lume colour etc are definitely different. I'll confirm when I duck into the boutique to get my 321 adjusted.
If you could take side-by-sides of the textures and topography, that’d be greatly appreciated!

I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again: Omega knocked it out of the park with this release.
Old 13 January 2021, 09:49 AM   #177
C0d
Banned

Quote:
If you could take side-by-sides of the textures and topography, that’d be greatly appreciated!

I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again: Omega knocked it out of the park with this release.
Indeed they have. New Sapphire site atop my list to acquire.
Old 13 January 2021, 10:03 AM   #178
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I said this same exact thing on a You Tube comment.
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2021, 10:24 AM   #179
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I’m still mixed. The aesthetic changes to the bezel and dial are minor, and individually nice but not particularly “stand out” on their own. That’s a good thing, to keep things true to speedmaster aesthetics. However, In some photos where the stepped dial really shines and stands out, I actually also find it to concurrently look more “cluttered” than the old with slightly reduced legibility. Not sure if that’s true in real life or not.

The bracelet is the most obvious change. I like that it’s flush with the lugs, and on its own I do like the pattern/style more and more. I’m indifferent to the taper. But again I do find it just a bit “busy”, and somehow the with the changes to the dial the whole watch does seem more busy overall.

I don’t like the new clasp. Much prefer the Apollo 11/Ed White style there. And still not adjustable.

The movement is obviously superior on the new one. But, I also like that the old has basically been a workhorse for 60 years with little change.

Also a small detail, but I prefer the case back text of the old.

All said snd done, I’m happy with my 1861 purchase, and of course there’s no wrong choice. Both excellent watches, but feel like the value is there in the 1861.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2021, 12:13 PM   #180
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Yeah I will do, should be in the next week.
amanbra is offline   Reply With Quote