The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 11 September 2022, 07:41 PM   #1951
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
I don't know about Swatch but I recently sent in a 5146 and 5712 to PSC and both came back within 1 month with no new scratches. Service was exemplary and service fees were transparent and reasonable.
What he said. Only once had a problem with Patek service over the last twenty years and they fixed it immediately. They remain the gold standard.
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2022, 10:23 AM   #1952
TightLines612
"TRF" Member

EnjoyTheMusic - thanks for all of your contributions in this thread. Relatively few of these pieces floating around so it's great to get more information regarding a few measurements. I'm having a tough debate on the 38.5 vs 40.5 for my May allocation.

The case design of the 40.5 is part of what drew me to the watch but I'm generally a fan of 36-39mm cases.

I have a 15300 that I've always found to wear a bit larger than I prefer. The bezel is well sized but the long integration of the AP bracelet make it wear significantly larger. I had the 15300 on when I tried on the 40.5 Antarctique and while it definitely seemed to wear smaller I wasn't able to spend too much time with it.

Back to the point. Attached are a few photos of the 15300 with measurements across the case at its longest, the first link, and the bracelet at its widest. Does anyone have or are they able to get these same measurements for the 40.5?

See images below.

Tried to embed the images but couldn't get them to work. See here: https://imgur.com/a/MWmVMJQ

Last edited by TightLines612; 12 September 2022 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: Unable to get images to load.
TightLines612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2022, 10:39 PM   #1953
Noahgraph
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn
I think this discussion went sideways due to people claiming it would affect prices on the secondary market. However, my argument was that for a 20k plus watch the bracelet is still not good enough. Way to much slack between the end- and centerlinks in my opinion.

Moral of the story is that when things are nowhere near perfection, keep an eye on what is yet there to be improved instead of having agrresive growth-strategy. I had my hands-on with an Antarctique and I was hugely underwhelmed with the bracelet. If you would compare it to a 15500ST it does not live up to the hype. So hold your horses and fix your bracelets lol.
Noahgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2022, 03:13 AM   #1954
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahgraph View Post
I think this discussion went sideways due to people claiming it would affect prices on the secondary market. However, my argument was that for a 20k plus watch the bracelet is still not good enough. Way to much slack between the end- and centerlinks in my opinion.

Moral of the story is that when things are nowhere near perfection, keep an eye on what is yet there to be improved instead of having agrresive growth-strategy. I had my hands-on with an Antarctique and I was hugely underwhelmed with the bracelet. If you would compare it to a 15500ST it does not live up to the hype. So hold your horses and fix your bracelets lol.
Yeah, I don’t get that. I like the bracelet - it’s designed to have a lot of movement in it and is infinitely more comfortable than the RO. Perhaps you don’t like the design, which is fair enough, but I think you’re confusing personal taste with quality.
Old 13 September 2022, 01:18 PM   #1955
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Meanwhile, l'm having a great time

More pics coming in a few days.

Czapek_LV.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TightLines612 View Post
Does anyone have or are they able to get these same measurements for the 40.5?
Will post the measurements tomorrow, thx for your patience.

PS: The bracelet is comfy and the TWO extension bits are excellent imho. Have changed bands/bracelet at least 60 times now... flawless. Huge thanks to Xavier and everyone, now pretty please get those deliveries going.

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2022, 04:49 PM   #1956
Noahgraph
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrelnomoad View Post
Yeah, I don’t get that. I like the bracelet - it’s designed to have a lot of movement in it and is infinitely more comfortable than the RO. Perhaps you don’t like the design, which is fair enough, but I think you’re confusing personal taste with quality.
Maybe. I'm open to that and I might have to reconsider. In fact that's why I visit forums in the first place. For now I don't have to hurry as my watch will not arrive untill April. However I wouldn't be surprised if it will be a lot later.
Noahgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2022, 07:34 PM   #1957
gliazzurri
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Meanwhile, l'm having a great time

More pics coming in a few days.

Attachment 1318366

Will post the measurements tomorrow, thx for your patience.

PS: The bracelet is comfy and the TWO extension bits are excellent imho. Have changed bands/bracelet at least 60 times now... flawless. Huge thanks to Xavier and everyone, now pretty please get those deliveries going.

Great to hear. Hope you enjoy.
gliazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2022, 03:08 AM   #1958
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrelnomoad View Post
I agree. Some bracelets are designed to be more flexible, with more spacing between the links to allow your wrist to breathe. For some, it's a negative. For others, it's a positive. For others, they don't really care.

C'est la vie.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2022, 03:19 AM   #1959
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

I guess I'm trying to say, the bracelet is not a "mistake" or a "quality issue." It is simply designed that way.
Old 15 September 2022, 10:39 AM   #1960
TightLines612
"TRF" Member

Thanks @enjoythemusic looking forward to it!
Old 17 September 2022, 07:16 AM   #1961
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TightLines612 View Post
Back to the point. Attached are a few photos of the 15300 with measurements across the case at its longest, the first link, and the bracelet at its widest. Does anyone have or are they able to get these same measurements for the 40.5?
Case itself from top to bottom is 42mm. Since the bracelet can go at a steep angle, bracelet outer fully downward is 47mm (like your very last pic). Hope that makes sense.

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.

Old 18 September 2022, 10:11 AM   #1962
TightLines612
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Case itself from top to bottom is 42mm. Since the bracelet can go at a steep angle, bracelet outer fully downward is 47mm (like your very last pic). Hope that makes sense.
Many thanks. Confirms my thinking that it wears much smaller than the RO.

Just in summary based on your info:

Lug to lug: 42mm vs 49.5mm for 15300

Bracelet at its steepest angle (most articulation): 47mm vs 58.6mm for 15300

I believe the bracelet is also smaller (essentially lug width) where it meets the case than the 15300.

Believe it’s the 40.5mm for me then.
Old 19 September 2022, 06:57 AM   #1963
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

^^^ yes, correct.

-----------
-----------

An insight into the importance of indices and light.

2aed.jpg

Old 25 September 2022, 06:36 PM   #1964
Patek_collector
"TRF" Member

is anyone receiving any antarctique allocation?

i was supposed to get my glacier blue a month back, but it seems there is not clarity on delivery.
anyone has any insights here? i thought they are getting delivery under control with the hold they made on taking orders.

thanks.
Patek_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2022, 02:55 AM   #1965
eiesh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek_collector View Post
i was supposed to get my glacier blue a month back, but it seems there is not clarity on delivery.

anyone has any insights here? i thought they are getting delivery under control with the hold they made on taking orders.

thanks.
Not mine but looks interesting......Screenshot_20220925-091918_Instagram.jpg

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
eiesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2022, 03:39 PM   #1966
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Had the chance to see the Antarctique white/silver dial Passage De Drake at a NY AD. Both the dial and movement are nicely finished. The case was ok. However, the bracelet didn’t leave a great impression. Lack of chamfering aside, the bracelet just doesn’t feel like it belongs on a $22k watch. I wish Czapek had kept the price few hundred dollars higher and finished the bracelet to a higher quality. Aesthetics are personal choice. However, after seeing the Antarctique in person, I feel Moser Streamliner is clearly a more complete package in overall quality and stands up comparatively well against the likes of Royal Oak and Overseas. Comparing time only/date models here. Unfortunately, I didn’t see a chance to see the Parmigiani Tonda PF. Although the Tonda PF dial is too plain for my liking, I have heard great things about the case and bracelet build quality from a friend who saw it in person.

Contemplating canceling both my Passage De Drake orders. Will take few days to think it through.
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2022, 07:08 AM   #1967
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,DS,YM42
Interesting the hate for the bracelet. Im wearing my Antarctique now and I dont see an issue with it. Its comfortable in that it feels nice and doesn't pull hair. Definitely catches light. Is it a Royal Oak level bracelet? No, but its being compared to the best bracelet in the industry. Czapek is so new and even the fact its being compared to the best in the game is a plug for Czapek. I think the Moser bracelet looks gross, like something on an orthopedic heart rate monitor. I LOVE the Royal Oak as a design but tbh as a company and the image I like Czapek WAY more than what AP is now. I can't stand their brand ambassadors, might be petty but its how I feel.
szabo_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2022, 08:45 AM   #1968
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Last week I was at Cartier buying a birthday present for my wife when first one, then three salesmen sidled up and politely asked to see my Czapek. They all commented that it was the bracelet that drew them from across the room, and on inspection they were all taken with the movement, design and quality.

“Exquisite” was the word they used.

The bracelet is surely different to the competition (I FAR prefer it in daily use to my RO), and each to their own in matters of taste, but I don’t get the complaints and claims that it somehow lacks quality.
Old 27 September 2022, 08:46 AM   #1969
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiesh View Post
Not mine but looks interesting......Attachment 1320866

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
I’d love to see an Onyx dial with carved logo…
Old 27 September 2022, 09:01 AM   #1970
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Bracelet is fine.

But let's belabor this some more.

It's easy to mod the springbar with 1mm i.d. silicone tubing if you want to eliminate the side sway. Note this is an upgrade from my previous heatshrink trick.

Tubing on Amazon https://amzn.to/3SyQ930

And as a JOKE to bracelet folks... My silicone tubing brings horology's first springbar-based shock reduction system. Seriously, no one has this technology.

If you want to (half-jokingly) think about it, we've rubber isolated the bracelet from the watch head. As such, eliminates some metal-to-metal wear while offering some vibration and shock isolation.

All humor aside, can we belabor the bracelet some more? I mean, besides having not one but TWO super easy extenders, easy change system, and feeling great on the wrist, plus looking great....

Old 27 September 2022, 09:11 AM   #1971
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934

Happy Monday everyone. The quiet cousin enjoying autumn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PBJ1925 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2022, 09:13 AM   #1972
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934

Little more sun on this angle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PBJ1925 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2022, 09:19 AM   #1973
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by szabo_martin View Post
Interesting the hate for the bracelet. Im wearing my Antarctique now and I dont see an issue with it. Its comfortable in that it feels nice and doesn't pull hair. Definitely catches light. Is it a Royal Oak level bracelet? No, but its being compared to the best bracelet in the industry. Czapek is so new and even the fact its being compared to the best in the game is a plug for Czapek. I think the Moser bracelet looks gross, like something on an orthopedic heart rate monitor. I LOVE the Royal Oak as a design but tbh as a company and the image I like Czapek WAY more than what AP is now. I can't stand their brand ambassadors, might be petty but its how I feel.
Can I say something about the Moser bracelet on the Streamliner...(first off, I know this is a Czapek thread, but someone compared the Antarctique bracelet negatively compared to the Moser one, and I have to chime in).

I am not a fan of the Streamliner to begin with, let alone the bracelet. It has an almost reptilian or "armadillo" look that extends to the bracelet which, to me, is off putting, like I was putting on roadkill from Texas.
Old 27 September 2022, 09:26 AM   #1974
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Bracelet is fine.

But let's belabor this some more.

It's easy to mod the springbar with 1mm i.d. silicone tubing if you want to eliminate the side sway. Note this is an upgrade from my previous heatshrink trick.

Tubing on Amazon https://amzn.to/3SyQ930

And as a JOKE to bracelet folks... My silicone tubing brings horology's first springbar-based shock reduction system. Seriously, no one has this technology.

If you want to (half-jokingly) think about it, we've rubber isolated the bracelet from the watch head. As such, eliminates some metal-to-metal wear while offering some vibration and shock isolation.

All humor aside, can we belabor the bracelet some more? I mean, besides having not one but TWO super easy extenders, easy change system, and feeling great on the wrist, plus looking great....
I'm sorry but if you're putting shrink wrap or silicon tubing on the bar, not sure I'd call the bracelet fine but that's just me.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2022, 10:19 AM   #1975
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

(Sadly calmy in fun humor) I tweak things, it's what I do and now have created the world's first Spingbar-Based Anti-Resonant System (S.B.A.R.S. insert trademark symbol here). It's a major revolution in horology never before created. As only the brilliant minds of Apple could envision, I mean me, we have brought you something so revolutionary that it brings an entirely new dimensionality into......

Fully respect your position, tho it seems many of us love Czapek. You could say (s)one of us are thoroughly enjoying wearing it daily. Love the rubber straps too. She's been rock solid

Old 27 September 2022, 02:42 PM   #1976
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Some strong reactions to my observations about the Antarctique bracelet. I have been patiently waiting for my orders since last Nov so I am a potential future owner. Till now, I have only seen the watch on YouTube and instagram. I have had the chance to connect with few owners and collectors who have seen the watch in person. Almost half of them had one or two negative things to say about the bracelet. I only got the chance to see the watch last week and shared how I felt.

I don’t hate the bracelet. I was referring only to the build quality and finish of the bracelet with reference to the retail price. The Antarctique is priced to compete with likes of Royal Oak 37/41, VC Overseas 4500v, and Moser Streamliner so it is only fair that it should be compared to them. I was neither talking about comfort nor aesthetic appeal. A $1k watch can have a very comfortable bracelet. Further, aesthetics are personal. People can find all kind of reptilian connections to the Moser bracelet. That comes down to personal taste. However, in terms of build quality, Streamliner’s bracelet is easily a tier above the Antarctique’s bracelet.

It seems most of the owners on this forum are happy with the watch and that’s absolutely great. I just shared my thoughts based on the experience of either owning or trying every luxury sports watch except the Parmigiani Tonda PF and the Urban Jurgensen One.
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2022, 08:18 PM   #1977
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Watch: LF Sport & Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyRba View Post
Some strong reactions to my observations about the Antarctique bracelet. I have been patiently waiting for my orders since last Nov so I am a potential future owner. Till now, I have only seen the watch on YouTube and instagram. I have had the chance to connect with few owners and collectors who have seen the watch in person. Almost half of them had one or two negative things to say about the bracelet. I only got the chance to see the watch last week and shared how I felt.
Opinions are a good thing and debate is healthy (strong or otherwise). Your opinion is appreciated. I slightly disagree with it, however. I can understand why you might like the Moser. I've tried one on and like some elements of it myself. I've also tried on the Parmigiani and the Czapek; I also owned a gen 2 VC chronograph before trading it for a Daytona (mistake).

Where I might disagree is when you say that the "build quality" is better. A common Mercedes sedan is more comfortable, quiet, and more luxuriously finished than a Lamborghini. But I wouldn't call it a better build quality.

The Moser has a sturdy and very well integrated bracelet, though its subtle and understated. The VC's bracelet has a more sporty design with the repeating Maltese cross but may not be finished as well, and is actually quite chunky with edges that seem to catch on everything. The Czapek has an even sportier design than the Moser (which is quite bland), with better finishing than the VC (certainly better contrast in finishing than the VC), but it doesn't have that solid feel that the Moser or the VC have (there is a slight give in the bracelet). Then again, that allows it to not feel as stiff as the VC or a Royal Oak for that matter.

So no, I wouldn't go so far as to say the "build quality" on a Moser is "better," it's just a different watch with different aesthetics. As for the Parmigiani PF. I love that watch. Really love it. But it's much more a dress watch than a sports watch on the wrist to my eye.
charger_vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2022, 09:01 PM   #1978
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
All I can say is the PF is built like a tank. As solid as a RO or oyster. Sounds like the Czapek is more akin to the 5711 bracelet. I go back and forth on bracelet quality. My favorite watch has a dog s*** bracelet
Old 27 September 2022, 10:49 PM   #1979
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Watch: LF Sport & Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
All I can say is the PF is built like a tank. As solid as a RO or oyster. Sounds like the Czapek is more akin to the 5711 bracelet. I go back and forth on bracelet quality. My favorite watch has a dog s*** bracelet
Dogs**t is a little harsh... but yes: Well Said.
charger_vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2022, 11:32 PM   #1980
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyRba View Post
I just shared my thoughts based on the experience of either owning or trying every luxury sports watch except the Parmigiani Tonda PF and the Urban Jurgensen One.
All good, totally

Here's an observation as have the SS SkyD with both Oyster and Jubilee bracelets. The added flex of the Jubilee makes it more comfortable to wear imho. My father's 1971 Omega Dynamic has MASSIVE bracelet slop and is incredibly comfortable on my wrist due to the slop.

Again, all good, we're 100% cool like Fonzy AlyRba, and am having lots of fun with the Czapek. Agree there's flex at the meeting point of the quick-release mechanism and the springbar interface. If you enjoy the added comfort of that great, of you don't need it, there's the S.B.A.R.S. solution for that too.

As for my child-like fun 'promoting' my newly invented S.B.A.R.S.(Trademarked), it's all just in fun yet 'technically' am correct in it in being the world's first Springbar-Based Anti-Resonant System.

So if you don't desire the added comfort with bracelet flex, go S.B.A.R.S.

Shop smart, shop S-Mart.