The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 10 October 2021, 04:50 AM   #181
William.L.
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 & 16013
another positive out of this thread, is that it really got me looking at Tudor's and my next pickup is a BB GMT on a rivet bracelet, and then a Bronze BB i think.
Tudor GMT
Serti GMT
William.L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2021, 05:58 AM   #182
Boaters
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV 16710 SD
Good ending to the story
Boaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2021, 06:29 AM   #183
Nickn
"TRF" Member

So they gave you your money back and the watch ??
Nickn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2021, 07:31 AM   #184
snakeeyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo78 View Post
I'd just like to update you and all who have been following this thread/watch/trauma/sh!t show/whatever with the original con-artist buyer.

eBay re-reviewed (first time this has ever happened to me or heard of such a thing) the case and ruled in my favor! They released the negative $3.7K on my account and re-released the funds back into my account. They also took both negative feedbacks (and the only ones I've ever received in 10+ years) off as well that he left. Karma finally caught-up with his a$$! Good!! I can now put this nightmare behind me, thank goodness!

The watch was returned and resold already to another buyer here in the States.
So you got the watch AND the money? Hmm?
snakeeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2021, 04:20 PM   #185
lew07
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
No . When He received the the watch back He would have to have refunded the buyer
lew07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2021, 04:23 PM   #186
lew07
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No. When He got the watch back He would have refunded the buyer.
Old 10 October 2021, 04:30 PM   #187
snakeeyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lew07 View Post
No. When He got the watch back He would have refunded the buyer.
idk, in his last post he wrote that he got the money reversed into his account and has sold the watch in the United States? What exactly has gone down here??
Old 10 October 2021, 10:48 PM   #188
harry in montreal
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Habs pick 1st!
He sounds like an honest guy. I bet he just got the negatives stripped and the proceeds of sale #2. eBay wouldn’t pull the cash from buyer 1 after it’s clear seller got the return. Buyer 1 looks like a serious opportunist. All of a sudden the guys I have sold to over the years look like real gems. What’s funny is buyer 1 purchasing a gamble. Failing. Then acting unscrupulously. The funny thing is the treasure trove of valuable parts on the thing. He should have gone midevil on it and parted it for more than he paid. Now eBay knows he’s a complete tool
harry in montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2021, 12:50 AM   #189
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
idk, in his last post he wrote that he got the money reversed into his account and has sold the watch in the United States? What exactly has gone down here??
Nothing has gong wrong here...

Buyer originally purchased watch as parts/restoration project. Buyer knew before, during and after auction this is how it was being sold (as damaged/parts/restoration). Buyer received said watch and after altering watch (for better or worst) and 6 weeks down the road, decided he didn't want it, filed a claim with eBay stating it as being defective/damaged.

I the seller, didn't want to grant his request for a return due to how long he had the watch and of the unknown alterations that may have been done to it (basically, I chose to fight his request for a return). eBay initially agreed with the buyer (as they always do) and granted his request for a return. They (eBay) placed nearly $4K USD on hold within my account and the buyer had a window of time for which he needed to turn the item. Buyer waited nearly 3 or 4 weeks (if I'm not mistaken) until he started the return process. After some time, I received the watch back and relisted it on eBay for sale. During this relistment, the case was still under review and the funds (nearly $4K) on hold. The watch was resold to another buyer here in the States. I received an email from eBay yesterday stating that they reversed their original decision granting the buyers refund request, were removing the negatives feedbacks left by the buyer and released said funds on hold back into my account and awarding in my favor.

I don't know why eBay chose to re-review their original decision and reversing it in my favor,.........but that's what happened. I've never seen or heard of this ever happening as they almost always are in favor of the buyer(s).

This is why I said: Karma has finally caught-up with this scam-artist buyer for all the nasty things he's done to other sellers in the past and what mental trauma he tried to cause me by lying and intentionally trying to ruin my decade-plus perfect record on eBay as a seller. He basically got caught-up within his own web he weaved. Period!
JoJo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2021, 12:57 AM   #190
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:

Buyer originally purchased watch as parts/restoration project. Buyer knew before, during and after auction this is how it was being sold (as damaged/parts/restoration). Buyer received said watch and after altering watch (for better or worst) and 6 weeks down the road, decided he didn't want it, filed a claim with eBay stating it as being defective/damaged.

I the seller, didn't want to grant his request for a return due to how long he had the watch and of the unknown alterations that may have been done to it (basically, I chose to fight his request for a return). eBay initially agreed with the buyer (as they always do) and granted his request for a return. They (eBay) placed nearly $4K USD on hold within my account and the buyer had a window of time for which he needed to turn the item. Buyer waited nearly 3 or 4 weeks (if I'm not mistaken) until he started the return process. After some time, I received the watch back and relisted it on eBay for sale. During this relistment, the case was still under review and the funds (nearly $4K) on hold. The watch was resold to another buyer here in the States. I received an email from eBay yesterday stating that they reversed their original decision granting the buyers refund request, were removing the negatives feedbacks left by the buyer and released said funds on hold back into my account and awarding in my favor.

I don't know why eBay chose to re-review their original decision and reversing it in my favor,.........but that's what happened. I've never seen or heard of this ever happening as they almost always are in favor of the buyer(s).

This is why I said: Karma has finally caught-up with this scam-artist buyer for all the nasty things he's done to other sellers in the past and what mental trauma he tried to cause me by lying and intentionally trying to ruin my decade-plus perfect record on eBay as a seller. He basically got caught-up within his own web he weaved. Period!

So they put an additional “almost 4K hold on your account” after they already refunded the buyers money?

Reasons why I don’t use eBay anymore.

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2021, 01:15 AM   #191
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1966 Rolex 5513
Quote:

I think what’s throwing people (unless I missed it) is that you haven’t mentioned returning buyer 1’s money after it was released, since the watch was returned to you.
Kingface66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2021, 01:25 AM   #192
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingface66 View Post
I think what’s throwing people (unless I missed it) is that you haven’t mentioned returning buyer 1’s money after it was released, since the watch was returned to you.
I couldn't! eBay extracted the nearly $4K out of my account and placed it on hold. They are the ones to decide when and where the held funds go after/under case review, not I. Since they reversed their original decision, the held funds were then re-released back into my account.

Buyer webbed a weave and got caught-up in it.

I as the seller did nothing legally wrong before, during or after the sale.
Old 11 October 2021, 01:33 AM   #193
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I couldn't! eBay extracted the nearly $4K out of my account and placed it on hold. They are the ones to decide when and where the held funds go after/under case review, not I. Since they reversed their original decision, the held funds were then re-released back into my account.

Buyer webbed a weave and got caught-up in it.

I as the seller did nothing legally wrong before, during or after the sale.

So buyers out his money and the watch that he paid for? And you have both? And you were enabled by a third party auction site to keep buyer from receiving his funds?

As unscrupulous as the buyer has been portrayed that’s not right IMO. They returned a product and therefore their money should be returned to them. I’d be preparing myself for a potential lawsuit if I was in your shoes.

Old 11 October 2021, 01:40 AM   #194
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
So buyers out his money and the watch that he paid for? And you have both? And you were enabled by a third party auction site to keep buyer from receiving his funds?

As unscrupulous as the buyer has been portrayed that’s not right IMO. They returned a product and therefore their money should be returned to them. I’d be preparing myself for a potential lawsuit if I was in your shoes.

And he was laughing all the way to the bank stating that this (he will be awarded the watch and money) once eBay finds in his favor. He had not a care in the world when it came to him trying to stick me, but instead, he's the one who got stuck.

I didn't weave this web, he did.
Old 11 October 2021, 01:54 AM   #195
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
And he was laughing all the way to the bank stating that this (he will be awarded the watch and money) once eBay finds in his favor. He had not a care in the world when it came to him trying to stick me, but instead, he's the one who got stuck.

I didn't weave this web, he did.

Eh, do you man. Bad juju in my book.

Old 11 October 2021, 02:03 AM   #196
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

If the seller has both the watch and money in his possession then I have no respect for the seller regardless of what the buyer did. You got the watch back, the buyer should get his money back, plain and simple.
Old 11 October 2021, 02:12 AM   #197
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Eh, do you man. Bad juju in my book.

With all due respect.....that book should be rewritten.

Let be get this straight..................... I was about to get knifed by this piece of sh!t! who not only was trying to legally scam me (by abusing eBay's return policy) who intentionally tried to ruin my reputation, lied on me, threatened me (during the case review process), caused so much trouble on this forum and others and lied and intentionally tried to scam/ruin other good sellers names (as you all told me) in the past, now I'm going to have some sort of "bad juju" and should have empathy for said piece of sh!t? Amazing!
Old 11 October 2021, 02:14 AM   #198
lew07
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
If the seller has both the watch and money in his possession then I have no respect for the seller regardless of what the buyer did. You got the watch back, the buyer should get his money back, plain and simple.
Where has the OP said this? He resold the watch and eBay returned the buyers money.
Old 11 October 2021, 02:19 AM   #199
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
Agreed! And he would have been rewarded the funds per eBay's initial decision. But! eBay (for whatever reason(s)) chose to reverse that decision and award the victim a win......for once!

Can I still refund his funds even tho I won the case legally? Sure, I guess? I could be a nice guy (as he should have been originally) and wire him the funds? but the question is, should I? If the rolls were reversed (and they were) would this have been done for me?
Old 11 October 2021, 02:34 AM   #200
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

A $2 Tudor (trash or treasure?)

Quote:
Agreed! And he would have been rewarded the funds per eBay's initial decision. But! eBay (for whatever reason(s)) chose to reverse that decision and award the victim a win......for once!

Can I still refund his funds even tho I won the case legally? Sure, I guess? I could be a nice guy (as he should have been originally) and wire him the funds? but the question is, should I? If the rolls were reversed (and they were) would this have been done for me?

Dude, the post you quoted literally is calling you out for not refunding funds. Yet you agreed to it, but lost it at me for saying “do you but I think it’s bad juju”.

If the rolls were reversed you’re the buyer, and he’s the seller. He probably wouldn’t send you your money back but that creates questions that can’t be answered.

1). How do you know if the roles were reversed, he WOULD NOT refund your money?

2). Did you “win the case legally”? eBay acting as an unbiased third party says you “won” the case. Judicial court proceedings have not told you this. I’d prepare for them if I was you.

3). If the roles were reversed and you were the unscrupulous buyer, would you have robbed the watch of its genuine parts and then returned it? Because that’s the only scenario I see where the buyer isn’t due his money back.

You realize you essentially sold a junk Tudor for twice the price and the only people getting the shaft in the deal are the original buyer and potentially the second buyer, right? Meanwhile you’ve made profits of exponential proportions.

Give the dude his money back, leave him with what you’re entitled to, a negative review and learn to never do business with him again. I’m amazed you feel entitled to keeping ill gotten funds while trying to act like you are the victim. Newsflash, you’re not the victim!! You were a potential victim but everything is resolved now except you’re holding funds that don’t legally belong to you.

P.s. one critic doesn’t call for a rewrite of a book homie!!

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product lol my
Old 11 October 2021, 02:35 AM   #201
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Where has the OP said this? He resold the watch and eBay returned the buyers money.
They didn't return the buyer's money. The OP (seller) has it and is, it seems, keeping it.
Old 11 October 2021, 02:37 AM   #202
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
You were a potential victim but everything is resolved now except you’re holding funds that don’t legally belong to you.
That sums it up, unless I'm missing something. I don't blame the OP for being pissed at buyer 1. He acted like an ass. But, eBay resolved IN YOUR FAVOR. You won. Return the jerk's money.
Old 11 October 2021, 02:44 AM   #203
lew07
"TRF" Member

Quote:
They didn't return the buyer's money. The OP (seller) has it and is, it seems, keeping it.
My apologies Sir(also to snakeeyes). It seems so. I doubt eBay will allow Him to keep both though.
Old 11 October 2021, 02:53 AM   #204
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That sums it up, unless I'm missing something. I don't blame the OP for being pissed at buyer 1. He acted like an ass. But, eBay resolved IN YOUR FAVOR. You won. Return the jerk's money.
I agree and morally I agree,......and most likely will do so. If the case wasn't closed (as I am no longer aloud to enter the case details) I would screenshot were he bragged about this is what he was going to "legally" be aloud to do to me (keep the watch and be awarded the funds). He laughed about there was nothing that could stop this train so to speak where eBay ALWAYS sides with the buyer(s). You can tell this is something he's done many times in the past, and according to some of you, has done to other reputable sellers.
Old 11 October 2021, 02:56 AM   #205
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I agree and morally I agree,......and most likely will do so. If the case wasn't closed (as I am no longer aloud to enter the case details) I would screenshot were he bragged about this is what he was going to "legally" be aloud to do to me (keep the watch and be awarded the funds). He laughed about there was nothing that could stop this train so to speak where eBay ALWAYS sides with the buyer(s). You can tell this is something he's done many times in the past, and according to some of you, has done to other reputable sellers.

I don’t know about that but I do know the minute I read messages like that I would have screen shot them to cover my tail and potential evidence if needed in a small claims court judgement. The fact you don’t have them makes me question a lot about this story.

Old 11 October 2021, 03:43 AM   #206
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don’t know about that but I do know the minute I read messages like that I would have screen shot them to cover my tail and potential evidence if needed in a small claims court judgement. The fact you don’t have them makes me question a lot about this story.

LOL! Who are you for me to have to prove my story to? I've been dealing with nothing but facts since the start of this thread. I've been a reputable seller on eBay for 12 years with no issues til now. I've never once felt the need to have to take screen shots of buyers return request, nor have I've ever thought once about small claims court judgement(s), etc........I've never felt the need to. If there was a normal return request from a normal buyer, it was handled accordingly, like normal. Besides, eBay's usually the court, judge, jury and executioner on their platform.....................and more often that not, it's usually the sellers (regardless of the facts) that get dealt the executioners hand. Why they re-reviewed and reversed their initial decision (in the buyers favor) is just as shocking to me as I'm sure it was to the him. It almost never happens!

I agree with @Kingface66 Post wholeheartedly: "I don't blame the OP for being pissed at buyer 1. He acted like an ass. But, eBay resolved IN YOUR FAVOR. You won. Return the jerk's money".
Old 11 October 2021, 03:54 AM   #207
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
LOL! Who are you for me to have to prove my story to? I've been dealing with nothing but facts since the start of this thread. I've been a reputable seller on eBay for 12 years with no issues til now. I've never once felt the need to have to take screen shots of buyers return request, nor have I've ever thought once about small claims court judgement(s), etc........I've never felt the need to. If there was a normal return request from a normal buyer, it was handled accordingly, like normal. Besides, eBay's usually the court, judge, jury and executioner on their platform.....................and more often that not, it's usually the sellers (regardless of the facts) that get dealt the executioners hand. Why they re-reviewed and reversed their initial decision (in the buyers favor) is just as shocking to me as I'm sure it was to the him. It almost never happens!

I agree with @Kingface66 Post wholeheartedly: "I don't blame the OP for being pissed at buyer 1. He acted like an ass. But, eBay resolved IN YOUR FAVOR. You won. Return the jerk's money".

I’m a member of a public forum you posted all this nonsense on. Therefore I’ve got as much of a right to judge you as any other viewer of this thread till the end of time. I make it a point to not argue with idiots because it takes two to argue. Therefore I will state again “do you dude, it’s bad juju IMO.” At this point the matter is closed between you and I.

Old 11 October 2021, 05:35 AM   #208
Kingsking
"TRF" Member

Let's all just calm down otherwise this thread will get locked and I would very much like to keep it going in case the watch ever does resurface again. I hope it finds its way back to this website and somebody can get it open and restore it again.
Old 11 October 2021, 06:10 AM   #209
snakeeyes
Banned

Quote:
No problem bro, I couldnt believe my eyes when I read it too. How the seller can keep the money when he has the watch returned honestly by the buyer is incredible.

I hope the OP does the right thing here. I mean he got his watch back. He has resold it. To come in here and defend themselves is really unusual. OP - do the right thing. You never know, one day you may just stumble on another nice watch and require some quick advice and you may not have anyone here who would like to help you.
Old 11 October 2021, 06:28 AM   #210
snakeeyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsking View Post
Let's all just calm down otherwise this thread will get locked and I would very much like to keep it going in case the watch ever does resurface again. I hope it finds its way back to this website and somebody can get it open and restore it again.
I know right - it would drive me mad if we didnt see that watch opened and restored. Lets hope the buyer (someone from here?) can share photos down the road of the restored watch.