The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 24 October 2012, 03:30 AM   #181
DULLYJAY
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub. Want more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranny View Post
except when those "vitamins" are on some arbitrary "restricted list". Then they're "cheaters". Absolute idiocy.
I some what agree w/ this. If you get test and nothing shows up, your good.I feel your just taking a hi-pro vitamin. When they band that vitamin and you still take it,it becomes bad.
DULLYJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2012, 03:54 AM   #182
MoBe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantonebad View Post
I tend to agree, it's a slippery slope here, wasn't it later proven that the woman who came in second to Marion Jones at the Olympics, and was named the gold medal winner after that fact, was a steroid user herself?

And when When Ben Johnson was disqualified in 1988 and the medal given to Carl Lewis, because he was clean... rumors are that Carl didn't just fail a pre-tiral test because of cold medicine.
At the time,Ben`s 9.79 stunned the world,are we to believe that the current world record holder achieved his 9.59 by virtue of training and nutrition alone?
MoBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2012, 03:56 AM   #183
Silvio Mosiello
"TRF" Member

Watch: the shoes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFan65 View Post
I think you're on to something Monty.

A bit harsh that statement by Johno was IMHO!

As for Armstrong--he should pay the penalty and is a big disappointment to all fans in the world. It is a shame in the end no matter how you look at it.
Agreed
Silvio Mosiello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2012, 05:47 AM   #184
Grissom
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc 18K/SS
And the fallout continues..........

Without having read all the testimony, nor personally having knowledge of all the facts, I can only hope that he is truly guilty, as things seem to be ramping up for Lance Armstrong, in a very bad way...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Restore wimnings to which appropriate parties? From what we can tell, pretty much everyone was dirty. It's a shameful era not limited to cycling. I think we need to learn the approproate lessons, get better testing and stiffer penalties, and move on.

That, and pro sports is entertainment. To think otherwise is a bit naive, IMHO. That's not meant to excuse what happened, just to put it in context. There are cheaters in many walks of life.
Seems that these "winnings" will go back to whoever paid them, rather than to some "newly" designated "winner"...at least at this point in time.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFan65 View Post
I think you're on to something Monty.

A bit harsh that statement by Johno was IMHO!

As for Armstrong--he should pay the penalty and is a big disappointment to all fans in the world. It is a shame in the end no matter how you look at it.
And the "paying" of "the penalties" seem to be in the imminent future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
What so give Lance a smack on the wrist and forget about it all.......

You have to be joking. Armstrong is a thief he stole part of all our lives and the accolades and the prize money.

Surely those actions must have significant consequences.
Looks like "significant consequences" are beginning to manifest themselves:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/potent...113039311.html

Who else needs an Intervention?
(109 297) (137 237) (73 115) (221) (23) (56) (229) P-Club Member #5

RIP JJ Irani - TRF Legend
Grissom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2012, 06:35 AM   #185
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyMatt View Post
I disagree and thinks it makes a much more powerful statement to everyone in the sport leaving those years blank.
The statement it makes is that the Tour's testing was not capable of catching cheats. Organizers who can not declare a winner in a competitive event do not deserve to hold future events.

Competitions end with a winner or they are just a show. If your 2nd place, 3rd place, etc. are cheaters, then you work your way down the list to the 1st legal competitor.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2012, 06:47 AM   #186
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grissom View Post
Without having read all the testimony, nor personally having knowledge of all the facts, I can only hope that he is truly guilty, as things seem to be ramping up for Lance Armstrong, in a very bad way...........

Seems that these "winnings" will go back to whoever paid them, rather than to some "newly" designated "winner"...at least at this point in time.....

And the "paying" of "the penalties" seem to be in the imminent future...

Looks like "significant consequences" are beginning to manifest themselves:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/potent...113039311.html
If he is trully guilty, then I certainly hope some form of justice is served.

This might help to serve as notice to help prevent others from thinking about cheating in the future.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2013, 07:29 AM   #187
wantonebad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600, 116500LN
As we all may have read this week Lance is back in the news, he's contemplating "coming clean" so he can get his lifetime ban lifted. If that's true then Dan Wetzel is probably right when he says that it's never too late for the truth, but this case may test that principal. He's never going to regain his former standing and his defiance, deception, bullying and arrogance have forever tarnished any good he may have done for me

Tough situation, good article...
wantonebad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2013, 08:28 AM   #188
68camaro
Banned

edit....wow I just realized this thread is old....

Life ain't fair now is it........plenty of people should be jailed that are not and will not be. I agree Lance cheated but from what I read most cyclists were doping. I am not condoning nor excusing simply stating facts as I know them.

Lance will be living with his own demons and maybe that is best justice.......

Chuck
68camaro is offline   Reply With Quote