The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 21 December 2021, 07:33 AM   #181
bob sims
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman37 View Post
I am waiting for the “mass produced” commentators to chip in

mass produced usually means "it's too expensive for me so I will pretend I don't want one"
bob sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2021, 07:39 AM   #182
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
Someone asking £175,544 (I assume that's the 200k Euros that Bas mentioned?) for a £4,700 watch that's still in production.

What amuses me more is that these turquoise OPs are actually selling for £25-30k! I've long suspected that 90% of humanity these days are morons, and this only serves to reinforce that!

Absolute comedy! I. LOVE. IT!
It really is hilarious. I'm enjoying it on a tabloid level. I don't know what the actual trades are finishing at but I personally hope sellers get what they can. Whoever spends that much on an OP deserves whatever they get, up or down. We're living in a time in which money has little value it seems.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2021, 07:52 AM   #183
Zhaodan920
"TRF" Member

The 36mm yellow dial is criminally underappreciated right now. It screams "modern stella" on the wrist and is such a pleasing color.
Zhaodan920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2021, 08:41 AM   #184
nachopc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex Only
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaodan920 View Post
The 36mm yellow dial is criminally underappreciated right now. It screams "modern stella" on the wrist and is such a pleasing color.

Turquoise, Yellow and Pink are my favourites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
nachopc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2021, 08:51 AM   #185
bibbi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachopc View Post
Turquoise, Yellow and Pink are my favourites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, it’s a fantastic trio. All in 36mm.
bibbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2021, 09:44 AM   #186
telesquire
Banned

A grey on ebay UK is asking £51500 for a 41mm in Turquoise.
telesquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2021, 09:45 AM   #187
-dvh-
"TRF" Member

That's the price nowadays ����
-dvh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2021, 09:45 AM   #188
Stoffel
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaodan920 View Post
Yes it truly is such a crime isn’t it? Surely every second hand Rolex should be selling for multiples of its rrp, especially the cheapest entry level models. Quick snap em all up while they’re still such a bargain!!
Stoffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2021, 09:54 AM   #189
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by telesquire View Post
A grey on ebay UK is asking £51500 for a 41mm in Turquoise.
There's many selling much more than that. It's the cheapest in usa. It's actually not 35, but more like 40K in the USA . Netherlands, Italy, etc priced fairly consistently at twice as much as that

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
JacksonRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2021, 11:59 AM   #190
GVAZQUEZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: KERMIT 16610LV
No way, talk about inflation. You better really love that watch to want it that bad…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GVAZQUEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2021, 12:18 PM   #191
Vetracer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500LN
I got mine from my AD on the first week they launched in 2020 and absolutely love the watch. To me, the turquoise and yellow are the perfect additions for summer.
Vetracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2021, 12:37 PM   #192
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

We need some nice pics
Old 21 December 2021, 04:02 PM   #193
simon1965
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116688 YM2 gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by zagazar View Post
.... But 41mm OP straight to the moon with simple complication - no history behind - can't understand.....
OP41 has the same caliber movement as the SUB so its bullet proof - people look down on the OP41, but its a very solid piece
simon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2021, 04:10 PM   #194
ndrs63
"TRF" Member

Total madness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ndrs63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2021, 04:15 PM   #195
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

A still in-production OP that's made in greater numbers than the Daytona or the Sky Dweller in a shade of blue that is *not* Tiffany, being listed at prices above the aforementioned super-hyped steel sports watches?

Anyone who pays it is nuts.

I wager this is greys just vying for attention in an over-crowded space.

If you don't see that this whole game has become a joke, I don't think you ever will.

GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2021, 05:15 PM   #196
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
A still in-production OP that's made in greater numbers than the Daytona or the Sky Dweller in a shade of blue that is *not* Tiffany, being listed at prices above the aforementioned super-hyped steel sports watches?

Anyone who pays it is nuts.

I wager this is greys just vying for attention in an over-crowded space.

If you don't see that this whole game has become a joke, I don't think you ever will.

You seem upset

Can you please fill us in on your secret source? Are you an executive at RolexSA, my dear?

How would you know the number of units comparing the OP41 blue and the Daytona? You don't even know what the large ADs are getting, do you?

Some of the largest ADs in the nation, USA, get about 25 to 30 SS Daytona black and white Total. They receive only only a fraction of the OP 41 Turquoise Tiffany, like a HANDFUL!

A 3230 movement, beautiful vibrant Tiffany like dial, classic OP. What is there not to love. Enjoy the photos, and happy holidays
Old 21 December 2021, 05:16 PM   #197
Randy9999
"TRF" Member

Watch: red 1680; 6542
Quote:

So I don't think that "this whole game has become a joke"... Instead, this has become a typical collectibles market where certain variants can suddenly be deemed far more or less valuable by the collective groupthink. We've seen it before (examples: the 16610LV "Flat 4" among others).
Randy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2021, 05:18 PM   #198
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy9999 View Post
So I don't think that "this whole game has become a joke"... Instead, this has become a typical collectibles market where certain variants can suddenly be deemed far more or less valuable by the collective groupthink. We've seen it before (examples: the 16610LV "Flat 4" among others).
precisely
Old 22 December 2021, 02:40 AM   #199
Madman37
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonRain View Post
You seem upset

Can you please fill us in on your secret source? Are you an executive at RolexSA, my dear?

How would you know the number of units comparing the OP41 blue and the Daytona? You don't even know what the large ADs are getting, do you?

Some of the largest ADs in the nation, USA, get about 25 to 30 SS Daytona black and white Total. They receive only only a fraction of the OP 41 Turquoise Tiffany, like a HANDFUL!

A 3230 movement, beautiful vibrant Tiffany like dial, classic OP. What is there not to love. Enjoy the photos, and happy holidays
I am upset I didn’t make loads of cash on a watch but seriously. It’s funny how so many people on this forum say these are mass produced watches etc etc. Nobody here knows how many of each watch is produced until they know this that is the dumbest comment ever. This hike proves its not the same as those stupid tulips everyone goes on about in these threads. As I said before everything else now looks like a good deal.
Madman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 03:27 AM   #200
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman37 View Post
I am upset I didn’t make loads of cash on a watch but seriously. It’s funny how so many people on this forum say these are mass produced watches etc etc. Nobody here knows how many of each watch is produced until they know this that is the dumbest comment ever. This hike proves its not the same as those stupid tulips everyone goes on about in these threads. As I said before everything else now looks like a good deal.
You will tend to see that many here tend to spew the same lines over and over again -- but honestly I'm guilty of it myself. This is the new norm and has been for years, so some people are still in denial, hoping that things will go back the way they were pre 2017
Old 22 December 2021, 03:28 AM   #201
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

For the record, if you re-read what I said, I never used the phrase "mass produced."

GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 03:49 AM   #202
HiBoost
"TRF" Member

The interesting thing about Tiffany "Blue" is that it's 2% more green than blue. The Patek clearly shows that greenish cast whereas the OP always looks blue. I love the Turquoise OP as a unique and bold color, but the hitching to Tiffany is getting a bit tiresome. It's missing a dash of green and the words "Tiffany & Co".

IMO it's actually a jab at the OP to call it a Tiffany. As if that's what Rolex really wanted but couldn't pull off an official collaboration and just made this unbranded, close-enough color thing instead.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
HiBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 03:54 AM   #203
Madman37
"TRF" Member

Quote:
For the record, if you re-read what I said, I never used the phrase "mass produced."

Not you personally but it’s probably a the most stated reason for Rolex watches not being worth the money they are on the grey market.
Madman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 04:22 AM   #204
Shaitan
"TRF" Member

That basic entry level kiddie model for £35k? Sure if you had a lobotomy maybe. I have the next guy I meet that paid 35k for it to put it next to my 116509 blue dial and ask him how it feels to have paid more for that pos than for my watch that actually has a complication and is Made of pm. The world has gone mad. You get any pm Rolex for that money and you buy this? Wow you got an almost Tiffany coloured dial. In 20 years no one will remember that detail when they’re buying Tiffany Co. Subs that are extremely rare unlike this 1 of a million piece. Who bought an OP not even 3 years ago? No one, and definitely no men. When the market corrects, watch this go back to its already ridiculous 15k price tag or lower.
Shaitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 04:27 AM   #205
karleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaitan View Post
That basic entry level kiddie model for £35k? Sure if you had a lobotomy maybe. I have the next guy I meet that paid 35k for it to put it next to my 116509 blue dial and ask him how it feels to have paid more for that pos than for my watch that actually has a complication and is Made of pm. The world has gone mad. You get any pm Rolex for that money and you buy this? Wow you got an almost Tiffany coloured dial. In 20 years no one will remember that detail when they’re buying Tiffany Co. Subs that are extremely rare unlike this 1 of a million piece. Who bought an OP not even 3 years ago? No one, and definitely no men. When the market corrects, watch this go back to its already ridiculous 15k price tag or lower.
Market price for a blue 116509 is much more than 35K GBP...
karleone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 04:30 AM   #206
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Watch: “Pepsi”
Quote:
Originally Posted by karleone View Post
Market price for a blue 116509 is much more than 35K GBP...

I’m sure he was talking about retail
126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Screwly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 04:32 AM   #207
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,DS,YM42
I think people have a hard case of FOMO right now, it's like the Porsche market. Rolex is generally a safe investment long term in the sense it should hold value bought at MSRP, nobody knows what will go up or down. If you buy it for 35k wear it and love it.. then really its 6-1 whether you bought a 35k Calatrava or PM Rolex... in the end its serving the same purpose. At MSRP they are a steal.. almost all Rolex are. Market economy dictates everything is worth what someone is willing to pay. Given the bizarre global economies right now people are trying hard to acquire assets over cash in the bank.. time will tell
szabo_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 04:36 AM   #208
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBoost View Post
The interesting thing about Tiffany "Blue" is that it's 2% more green than blue. The Patek clearly shows that greenish cast whereas the OP always looks blue. I love the Turquoise OP as a unique and bold color, but the hitching to Tiffany is getting a bit tiresome. It's missing a dash of green and the words "Tiffany & Co".

IMO it's actually a jab at the OP to call it a Tiffany. As if that's what Rolex really wanted but couldn't pull off an official collaboration and just made this unbranded, close-enough color thing instead.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
100%. This entire fiasco exemplifies the power of social media. I don't think Rolex was thinking this, someone posted a picture next to a Tiffany bag or box and the world changed. Most people will never have a clue about the difference in colors. Speculators are banking on this. To think OP's are nearing grey market Day Date levels is beyond rational thinking.

Perhaps Phillips will auction one off soon, "and here we have an almost Tiffany Blue OP." Might even fetch an absurd amount in these crazy times.

Sitting back and watching.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 04:47 AM   #209
Randy9999
"TRF" Member

Watch: red 1680; 6542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaitan View Post
Who bought an OP not even 3 years ago? No one, and definitely no men.
Do you even stop to read what you're typing here? So "definitely no men" bought Rolex Oyster Perpetual watches?
Randy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 05:05 AM   #210
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post
If you're not interested in the watch, you have nothing to worry about. I'll only be worried if my wife wants one.
When they first released these I knew I'd get one for my wife in 36mm. I asked her which one she wanted, she said coral red.

She chose... poorly.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote