The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 January 2010, 11:26 PM   #211
Casey VP-26
"TRF" Member

Tristan just wanted to tell you your replacement watch will look better and hold better time then the one you lost. Trust me. Also wondering what would happen if the young girl who was involved in this were exposed to this tread to let her know how people around the world responded, cared and worried for everyone involved. Peace Brother
Casey VP-26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2010, 12:08 AM   #212
Safetrends
Banned

Watch: my hand. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregdolley View Post
That totally sucks! You need to get a small safe that opens with your fingerprint - that's what I got. It's so easy to toss things in and out of there without worrying about the keys.
As a safe technician, fingerprint safes are prone to fail, most of them are from china, the best and most secure safe is one with a key pad, it is just as fast to open and more secure for the most part.

http://www.safetrends.com
Safetrends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2010, 12:22 AM   #213
Renoir
"TRF" Member

Glad to hear of the outcome and restitution....best of luck as you search for a replacement.
Renoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2010, 02:40 AM   #214
idk01
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ16233TT
Tristan,

Apologies for only finding this thread now, Talk about a stomach turner.

I'm glad there is a resolve in one respect, but the actions of these young people certainly will leave a bad taste in your mouth, I can relate with you on this one and my stomach is still turning right now!!!

I had nearly the same thing happen with a my young brothers best friend involving my then 2month old DD, still in the box on my desk in my room many years ago. he had taken the watch out of the box then placed the box all back as it was, later that day I did find the box empty, and finally did get the info from my brother who this thief was.

At the time I was on contract with the AFP in Brisbane so he certainly picked the wrong person to steal from and a direct threat of the police being involved to his dad had them on my doorstep in minutes. I was super lucky to get a 20k watch back, the only issue I had were scratches on the band where this fool tried to shorten the band, his father took care of that by paying for a clean up at the AD.

I still remember how I felt back then and I feel for you right now!!!!! I am glad the young boy has apologized, I just hope there has been lessons learned here and mistakes that will never happen again for these young people.

I have a hidden safe in the house now, do the same my friend! piece of mind!!!

Wishing you all the best in an outcome that settles the stomach down and hopefully bridges rebuilt soon.

Dave.

idk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2010, 02:48 AM   #215
zlin08033
"TRF" Member

Where is that thread?

Hi,
I saw a thread few days ago about Daytona was stolen by his friend son's friend, couldn't find it any more. Just wondering whether he got his watch back.
zlin08033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2010, 02:49 AM   #216
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=111994
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2010, 03:04 AM   #217
zlin08033
"TRF" Member

Thanks.

Thank you very much for finding it for me
zlin08033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2010, 03:05 AM   #218
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
Welcome
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2010, 03:41 AM   #219
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

Watch: 116520/660/710/334
Quote:
Originally Posted by idk01 View Post
Tristan,

Apologies for only finding this thread now, Talk about a stomach turner.

I'm glad there is a resolve in one respect, but the actions of these young people certainly will leave a bad taste in your mouth, I can relate with you on this one and my stomach is still turning right now!!!

I had nearly the same thing happen with a my young brothers best friend involving my then 2month old DD, still in the box on my desk in my room many years ago. he had taken the watch out of the box then placed the box all back as it was, later that day I did find the box empty, and finally did get the info from my brother who this thief was.

At the time I was on contract with the AFP in Brisbane so he certainly picked the wrong person to steal from and a direct threat of the police being involved to his dad had them on my doorstep in minutes. I was super lucky to get a 20k watch back, the only issue I had were scratches on the band where this fool tried to shorten the band, his father took care of that by paying for a clean up at the AD.

I still remember how I felt back then and I feel for you right now!!!!! I am glad the young boy has apologized, I just hope there has been lessons learned here and mistakes that will never happen again for these young people.

I have a hidden safe in the house now, do the same my friend! piece of mind!!!

Wishing you all the best in an outcome that settles the stomach down and hopefully bridges rebuilt soon.

Dave.
My wife had a good go at me about that , I'm indeed maybe a bit too laid back when it comes to valuables etc.. We actually have a small safe in the house , but we tend to leave that as "bait" for the burglars as I think that it wouldn't take that much to break it open or just take it all together ( it was build in standard with the house ) . We have some good hiding places for most our stuff and along with a pretty effective alarm system linked to the local security guards we feel happy with that set up . Of course letting watches lay in semi plain view will not help . I swap my SDDS and Daytona over nearly everyday and hence one of them tends to linger around on my desk or in the bathroom . I know , not wise , and this has been a lesson and eye opener . At least I send the fax with all details of ALL our watches to our insurance broker , he will amend our policy first thing on monday .
BASSETHOUNDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2010, 04:04 AM   #220
acce1999
"TRF" Member

I'm also late to comment this thread, but I've been following it since your first post, uncertain on how to offer advice, and possible support (which I believe many of us wants to do).

There is a lot to learn from this, and it sounds like things are sorting out. Perhaps even for that young girl, and possibly the boy. It will hopefully be a good lesson for them, that helps them going forward knowing what is right, and wrong. Especially if it helps getting out of drug abuse.

Also, I hope that you do put emphasis on keeping your friendship with the families that have been involved.

Best of luck!

A
acce1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2010, 06:55 AM   #221
Nicko
Banned

Oh, he's now banned, what a shocker! Just watch out for him, maybe he'll come back..Let's hope not.
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote