The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 16 March 2017, 11:09 PM   #211
1st amg
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Aw crap Paul, I have been missing in action as I have been on vacation, so,I started reading this thread again and saw all this exciting news.....what the hell could it be? I am trying to figure this one out, too bad the deal didn't work out, but if you are ordering a new one, how long would it take?
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2017, 11:15 PM   #212
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
Aw crap Paul, I have been missing in action as I have been on vacation, so,I started reading this thread again and saw all this exciting news.....what the hell could it be? I am trying to figure this one out, too bad the deal didn't work out, but if you are ordering a new one, how long would it take?
Well it's not as simple as 'just ordering'. It's a are you worthy enough to get an allocation BS gaming playing crap kinda brand. Anyways--think I'm going to just chill and think through it all.

I'll tell you what has also has my attention is the new McLaren 720, but the launch cars are sold and dealers don't have allocations available until Q1 '18. However, with Mc depreciation history, that would NOT be a car to buy new.

Will just enjoy the R8 for a while and chill.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2017, 11:18 PM   #213
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
I hate working with dealers I don't know or rather don't know me *&(%(&^$(Q#&^%$

Get a text telling me 'owner has decided to sell the car to a long time client'. Oh nice. Son of a &*^%$(&*#^%#^&*$. I really loath exotic car dealers as a whole (no offense to any here). There are some good ones and I'll stick with the ones I know moving forward.

Well will be pissed off for the rest of the day and start thinking about another plan. Maybe ordering something new is the route on this one. Any who, will take a chill pill and let the thread get back to Car Swapping.

Onward and upward.

Sorry to hear Paul. I was looking forward to this one...

Have you thought about the new NSX? Probably not the same, but that thing is gorgeous and the reviews are off the charts.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2017, 11:20 PM   #214
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Sorry to hear Paul. I was looking forward to this one...

Have you thought about the new NSX? Probably not the same, but that thing is gorgeous and the reviews are off the charts.
Just never warmed up to it.

Plenty to chose from for sure. Lot's of new models coming as well--never ending craziness.
Old 16 March 2017, 11:23 PM   #215
1st amg
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
One of the cars I thought might be in your wheel house was the 720...but then it doesn't make sense as you said the car you were working on already existed. So, my guess as to what could be available and the allocation BS you mentioned....the new Ford GT? Or it could be a F488? This is fun!
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2017, 11:32 PM   #216
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
One of the cars I thought might be in your wheel house was the 720...but then it doesn't make sense as you said the car you were working on already existed. So, my guess as to what could be available and the allocation BS you mentioned....the new Ford GT? Or it could be a F488? This is fun!
It's nothing as of now

Get back to Canada and get that 458 out for a drive!