The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 2 October 2012, 03:21 PM   #241
inspires
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
I just bought from Ben (nbTimes) again last week, my 2nd purchase from him.

He has a new website (nbtimes.co)
Old 2 October 2012, 03:29 PM   #242
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspires View Post
I just bought from Ben (nbTimes) again last week, my 2nd purchase from him.

He has a new website (nbtimes.co)
Thanks for the recommendation Eric, will add you to the Purchase Reference list in the next update and also add Ben's website info in!

Last thing I remember, I was Running outta sight
I had to find the passage back,To the place I was before.
’Relax,’ said this Rolex place,We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave!
cruvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2012, 07:20 PM   #243
inspires
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruvon View Post
Thanks for the recommendation Eric, will add you to the Purchase Reference list in the next update and also add Ben's website info in!
In addition to Ben, I've also made multiple purchases from Jacek and one from Andrew Shearer.

Cheers,

Eric
Old 2 October 2012, 07:22 PM   #244
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspires View Post
In addition to Ben, I've also made multiple purchases from Jacek and one from Andrew Shearer.

Cheers,

Eric
Thanks Eric, will update! (PS: Andrew Shearer? Lol, that only happens in Australia and NZ;),kidding)

Old 3 October 2012, 10:55 AM   #245
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Bump for some more references!

Old 10 October 2012, 01:33 PM   #246
CdnWatchDoc
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them!
Hi from a real newbie,
this thread is great! Valuable resource for someone like me negotiating for his 1st Rolex...I am using one of the green star vendors-will let you all know the results!
CdnWatchDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2012, 03:24 PM   #247
janice&fred
Banned

Watch: all of them!
+1 for george aloi

Quote:
Originally Posted by apan View Post
I would like to recommend George Aloi of Tempvus Fvgit.
http://www.tempvsfvgit.com

George is a gentleman and a very honest dealer. His shop is on the smaller side but he has a solid selection of vintage Rolex.

I recently purchased a 1016 from George and am very satisfied with the transaction
george is a old friend of ours and we have bought many many watches from him over the years.

very very highly recommended and he always can find very exotic vintage models.

when in manhattan, his store is a must see as his vintage inventory is always changing so something exotic is sure to be found. he also has ALL his pieces serviced by a rolex trained tech. and stands behind everything he sells.

enjoy!

janice :)
janice&fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2012, 08:17 AM   #248
honitel

Watch: Rolex
I have heard about Jed and is planning to order from him.
honitel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2012, 09:50 AM   #249
lsavoldi
"TRF" Member

Excellent experience with Ben (nbtimes)
All the way from HK to Brazil!
fine gentleman and real good stuff
lsavoldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2012, 05:37 PM   #250
JeffTVR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsavoldi View Post
Me too! +1
JeffTVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2012, 02:46 PM   #251
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnWatchDoc View Post
Hi from a real newbie,
this thread is great! Valuable resource for someone like me negotiating for his 1st Rolex...I am using one of the green star vendors-will let you all know the results!
Quote:
Originally Posted by janice&fred View Post
george is a old friend of ours and we have bought many many watches from him over the years.

very very highly recommended and he always can find very exotic vintage models.

when in manhattan, his store is a must see as his vintage inventory is always changing so something exotic is sure to be found. he also has ALL his pieces serviced by a rolex trained tech. and stands behind everything he sells.

enjoy!

janice :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by honitel View Post
I have heard about Jed and is planning to order from him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsavoldi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTVR View Post
Me too! +1

Thanks everyone for the feedback and recommendations, will update. For posters who haven't crossed the 50 minimum posts in the Vintage Rolex forum, please bump up your post count in this section and let me know when done so that I can add in your reference,

Thanks.

Old 2 November 2012, 10:36 AM   #252
rolexforumsfan

Is there a list of known good eBay sellers? Thanks!
rolexforumsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2012, 10:44 AM   #253
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexforumsfan View Post
Is there a list of known good eBay sellers? Thanks!
Sorry, no mate. Buying directly on Ebay without recommendations from knowledgeable vintage buyers is hugely risky considering the fakes and frankens out there and unethical sellers. Offcourse on the other hand, you might end up with a bargain on Ebay if you are lucky or are knowledgeable about vintage Rolexes.
If you do want to go that route, post pics of the watch you are looking at so the forumers here can advice/give their opinion on originality, though I would still stick to known sellers you can bank on and fallback on for support if you find something amiss.

Old 2 November 2012, 06:35 PM   #254
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the recommendations Vincent, please post some more posts in the Rolex vintage section to up your post count to 50 and will add you in the vintage purchase reference list for them. Sorry about that but had to put that in place besides the min 2 recommendations from everyday collectors to discourage other dealers making recommendations for their buddies( is fine for them to make a general recommendation, not a purchase recommendation) to get a green star and to weed out once off posters making recommendations in the vintage section.
I think you can add me in now, on the recommendations, for Jed and Eric Ku.
I'll soon have another for Ben nbtimes as I'm in the middle of a deal with him right now!
Vincent65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2012, 02:05 AM   #255
Mike1066
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600
I bought my 1665 from Michael Cannon (motomc here on TRF and also on VRF). A truly great guy, great pieces, and extremely knowledgable. He's been on the forums for years. I give him a big thumbs up!
Old 6 November 2012, 03:49 AM   #256
rolexforumsfan

Is there any dealer in Southern California?
rolexforumsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2012, 02:31 PM   #257
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1066 View Post
I bought my 1665 from Michael Cannon (motomc here on TRF and also on VRF). A truly great guy, great pieces, and extremely knowledgable. He's been on the forums for years. I give him a big thumbs up!
Thanks for the info Mike!

Old 6 November 2012, 02:38 PM   #258
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent65 View Post
I think you can add me in now, on the recommendations, for Jed and Eric Ku.
I'll soon have another for Ben nbtimes as I'm in the middle of a deal with him right now!

Thanks Vincent, will add you for Jed and Eric Ku, do let me know about your experience with Ben,

Cheers

Old 6 November 2012, 02:39 PM   #259
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexforumsfan View Post
Is there any dealer in Southern California?
Hi, you'll have to check the list mate!

Old 6 November 2012, 02:55 PM   #260
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Hi friends, update to the list, added in references by Vincent65,Mark020, inspires, lasavoldi for happy purchases from their favourite sellers, thanks for the kind references to help out fellow newbie collectors here!

Vintage purchase experience Feedback List
************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************************

Note: A slight change in rules from here forward, a member making a recommendation will now require to have atleast 50 posts in the "Vintage Section" before recommending a seller they've made a vintage Rolex watch purchase from. This is to avoid fly by members making recommendations here. Offcourse a more accurate way to cross check fly by recommendations is by also cross checking who the members making recommendations are in the the "Purchase Reference List" to ensure that recommendations are from regular forumers/genuine buyers. Lastly, a reminder that while this list is an attempt to assist newbies entering the vintage Rolex world, it can never be 100% and should not be used as a shortcut for doing your own research for the best outcome with your purchases. Nevertheless, it's the best shot we have at putting a genuine list together with some checks and balances in place, enjoy!

Green Star status sellers:

Sellers awaiting green star status: [Sellers in this list below either have one forumer recommendation and are awaiting one more for green star status (see recommendation history by paging through the thread) OR are Speculative with no prior proven forumer purchase history but just good references by hearsay and are to be tried and tested]

A green (*) against a dealers name indicates that atleast 2 forumers have purchased vintage watches from a dealer here, have received them and are happy. So if atleast 2 of you have purchased a vintage watch from any of the dealers in the list, have received it and are happy with the purchase please say so here so can update the dealers name with a green (*).Also note that a single forumer purchasing 2 or more watches from a seller will be considered as one reference and not two.

Purchase Reference list: Besides the green star rating, for added green star rating accuracy, refer to this "Purchase Reference list" to get a feel of the quality of watches forumers here have purchased from their respective sellers. Forumers have kindly made recommendations here for sellers so that it helps newcomers here, thanks guys for that! Also this list can help confirm are genuine known forumers/buyers making buyer recommendations and you can do that by having a look at their historic posts here, feel free to use the search function to look up their historic threads for posted watch pictures. Though not 100%, the purpose of this purchase reference list is also to hopefully discourage proxy buyers who make fake recommendations on a dealers behalf so that they think twice before making a recommendation here since to prospective buyers, their thread history is only a simple thread search away. Finally, do make inquiries on the forum.

Mark Lerman (ezinternet,cruvon,Chris B,chiubak,Balu)
Jedly (Steelerfan65,bb3188,alanski,Vincent65,Mark020)
Eric Ku (ddrees,steelerfan65,skyedog,Beaumont Miller II, Vincent65)
Ben (Jason71,yessir69,desfrie,inspires,lasavoldi)
Jacek (ezinternet,Submarino,Mark020,shairan,psv,inspires )
Andrew Shear (Steelerfan65,Tcaviglioli,Beaumont Miller II,bluemartinfan,Skyedog,Buffy,inspires)
Ralle (florianw,Burswood)
Ian Blowers (DiamondJack, chiubak,Monobike)
Jason Graham (learningtofly,alanski,badastronaut)
Derek Dier (ezinternetr,Blassy,sryukon)

Beginner reading guide threads (Please feel free to suggest some more here)

1) Forum members here have helped create this extremely helpful vintage watch terms list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...highlight=list
2) A forumer feedback generated vintage references list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180464 (Ignore the pricing info since the prices are just a range and might not be uptodate in all cases, are highly market condition dependent but gives a good understanding of the various Rolex references available, please feel free to sugest updates in this thread)
3) A vintage watch repairer list by country created with forumer input. http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...atch+repairers. Please reverify with forumers here before sending your watches to repairers on the list to make sure you get the latest update on them.
4) Most importantly, look up historic threads on this vintage forum, a wealth of knowledge there.

NB: While this list serves to collate all vintage watch dealers forumers have possibly dealt with (from fellow forumers comments above) in one place, it in no way is a measure of the quality/originality of the watches that are on sale with them. Please conduct your own due diligence before you make any purchases by asking questions on the forum, posting pictures, getting references, etc. Also please notify us of any concerns and if the forumers agree I can take them off this list.

VERY IMPORTANT: As always refer to the footnotes and do your due diligence when buying any vintage watch, even from sellers listed as having a green star, since past recommendations are not necessarily a ticket for positive experiences in the future, so ask questions and verify watches through the forum "before" you buy any vintage watch. This is a forumer purchase experience list aimed at helping newbies find a vintage from known sources and is not an official recommendation list or a substitute for doing proper research on watches and sellers before you buy.

Footnote1: While there have been no complaints or doubts about the authenticity or quality of his watches by buyers who have bought watches from him and is known for being a red sub expert and for his popular red sub article many of us have used as a guide, some serious allegations have been levelled about some of his watch's paperwork by those in the know, specifically about guarantee papers on some watches of his sold through Ebay. The allegations haven't been supported by concrete "publicly" available evidence by those making the allegations citing privacy reasons but that's not to say the allegations can be discounted and is upto forumers here to make their own judgement based on the facts available. In his favour, there has been no evidence of anything amiss when the watches themselves were taken to a RSC, other service centers, or for an expert appraisal. However in light of the serious allegations about the paperwork, for those purchasing full sets which obviously go at a huge premium compared to loose watches, do verify the paperwork when making a full set purchase, to be sure so that all boxes tick and so that you get your money's worth. Buyers/forumers, please feel free to provide public feedback with evidence if you find anything amiss with purchases.

Footnote 2: Please note issues raised by drainaps,Kyle in the earlier sections http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180461, asking the right questions from this dealer necessary to ascertain originality since this dealer might not have the specific expertise catering specifically to collectors as some of the sellers here, has a 7 days no questions asked return policy

Old 9 November 2012, 12:00 AM   #261
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks Vincent, will add you for Jed and Eric Ku, do let me know about your experience with Ben,

Cheers
Good experience with Ben also
Vincent65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2012, 09:39 AM   #262
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent65 View Post
Good experience with Ben also
Thanks Vincent, will update!

Old 16 November 2012, 07:23 AM   #263
MATCH1969
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage
http://www.olivine-prestige.com

If you want to buy one nice Rolex vintage in Paris, you can go to Olivine, Father and son are expert and you can buy nice watches without any doubt
MATCH1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2012, 03:52 PM   #264
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATCH1969 View Post
http://www.olivine-prestige.com

If you want to buy one nice Rolex vintage in Paris, you can go to Olivine, Father and son are expert and you can buy nice watches without any doubt
Thanks for the feedback, please increase your post count inthe vintage section to 50+ and will add the contact in.

Old 20 November 2012, 07:08 AM   #265
MATCH1969
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback, please in crease your post count inthe vintage section to 50+ and will add the contact in.
OK will do
MATCH1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2012, 03:47 AM   #266
HiBoost
"TRF" Member

First off, thank you to cruvon for his work on this post. I am new to the world of vintage Rolexes so this information is a welcome find.

I'm wondering if you have the ability to go back and edit posts in this thread, or can you only add new ones? If you can go back and edit them I think it would be good to have the very first post always contain the latest full list. There was at least one seller that started out being recommended but was eventually removed. If somebody didn't read all 10 pages they might not have come across that updated info. But putting it in the first post would ensure more people get the full story.
HiBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2012, 02:22 PM   #267
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBoost View Post
First off, thank you to cruvon for his work on this post. I am new to the world of vintage Rolexes so this information is a welcome find.

I'm wondering if you have the ability to go back and edit posts in this thread, or can you only add new ones? If you can go back and edit them I think it would be good to have the very first post always contain the latest full list. There was at least one seller that started out being recommended but was eventually removed. If somebody didn't read all 10 pages they might not have come across that updated info. But putting it in the first post would ensure more people get the full story.
Thanks mate and welcome! Also do feel free to post any queries you might have to members on here, they are super helpful!

About editing old posts, I can't re-edit past posts since the re-edit time is only an hour or so. So the latest update will always be somewhere near the end. Additionally is a good idea newbies skim through the past history of this thread so that they get a better understanding of it's evolution rather than be tempted to choose sellers straight up without delving into the nuances of this thread. Is especially important since this is not a official seller list or a dealer sponsored list; but one that has evolved as the kind members here made contributions to it and some sellers taken off or remarked about for reasons spelt out in the posts. I believe, though the list has most of the info in it, there are quite a few lessons to be learnt by skimming through the thread rather than be tempted to look at the list as one post if appeared at the beginning.

Looking forward to your posts and your first vintage!

Old 1 December 2012, 07:51 AM   #268
RLX-lvr
"TRF" Member

I have had a great purchase with Jacek.

I also have bought 3 vintage pieces from John Buckley of Tuscaneyrose watch and Jewelry in New York City. He is a well known Rolex dealer.
RLX-lvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2012, 02:33 PM   #269
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLX-lvr View Post
I have had a great purchase with Jacek.

I also have bought 3 vintage pieces from John Buckley of Tuscaneyrose watch and Jewelry in New York City. He is a well known Rolex dealer.
Thanks for the references Jeff, will add them in!

Old 9 December 2012, 12:21 AM   #270
CdnWatchDoc
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them!
Ok, I think I have crossed the 50 posts hurdle. I dealt with Derek Dier from Watches to Buy here in Canada, and had an excellent interaction. I bought a 1601 TT DJ, and I love it! This should help him build up a bit of rep in the Rolex field....

Hope you are enjoying your vacation in Goa cruvon!!
CdnWatchDoc is offline   Reply With Quote