The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

View Poll Results: 126710BLNR with Jubilee Bracelet Vs. "batgirl"
Like 235 35.66%
Dislike 326 49.47%
No Opinion 98 14.87%
Voters: 659. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 January 2020, 01:37 PM   #241
orhanbalu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Everywhere I been I heard batgirl.
So it’s just nick name to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
orhanbalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2020, 03:18 PM   #242
Jamhot
"TRF" Member

I have never heard Batgirl uttered in public when referring to the 126710BLNR. Not at the AD & not in customs when I was claiming the VAT. They did use the nickname Batman in one of these places though. Anyone who understands nicknames or knows the Batgirl costume colors would never use that nomenclature.
Jamhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2020, 04:04 PM   #243
robrtx
"TRF" Member

Watch: you talkin' 'bout
I think that many on this forum find that name as unflattering and that most of those who insist upon using it do so to instigate.
Old 11 January 2020, 08:01 PM   #244
VegasMilgauss
"TRF" Member

I’m sure female owners/wearers are not in the least bit bothered the watch is called ‘batman’, if they were some would be up in arms demanding the pc snowflake nonsense has gone too far. Let’s not be hypocrites, eh?
VegasMilgauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2020, 10:55 PM   #245
Jamhot
"TRF" Member

This has nothing to do with political correctness, hypocrisy or sexism. it has to do with consistency. The Pepsi nickname is based on the color of the bezel, regardless of the watch being available on an Oyster bracelet, Jubilee bracelet, white gold or meteorite dial. And yet the Batman nickname changes on a bracelet change? Does that make sense to any instigators out there?
Jamhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2020, 11:40 PM   #246
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamhot View Post
This has nothing to do with political correctness, hypocrisy or sexism. it has to do with consistency. The Pepsi nickname is based on the color of the bezel, regardless of the watch being available on an Oyster bracelet, Jubilee bracelet, white gold or meteorite dial. And yet the Batman nickname changes on a bracelet change? Does that make sense to any instigators out there?

^^^^ this^^^^^

There is nothing more to say on the matter. The BLNR regardless if it is a gen 1 or gen 2 is called a “Batman” by the rest of the world. The consensus has always been Batman yet here we are having to clear it up again because a few were upset at Rolex and tried to start another name. The nicknames are bad enough but this topic and trying to push antagonistic new names speaks volumes about who continues to use them.
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2020, 01:42 AM   #247
Polish Toni Patek
"TRF" Member

The Trolls call it Batgirl everyone else calls it a BLNR or Batman.
Polish Toni Patek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2020, 01:47 AM   #248
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Toni Patek View Post
The Trolls call it Batgirl everyone else calls it a BLNR or Batman.
Not necessarily. I own and love mine and I call it Batgirl
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2020, 01:59 AM   #249
noshake
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
I've heard people call the BLRO Diet Pepsi because its colors are more pink/purple rather then red/blue. Overall Batman/Batgirl who cares it's trivial. They are both nice watches. I didnt think I'd like the Jubilee but it actually fits my wrist better and has more pop. Rolex is positioning the GMT line to be more upscale cosmopolitan. Hence the Jubilee and Rose gold. Sub is the exact opposite brushed with yellow gold options. This also differentiates the two lines.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
noshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2020, 02:03 AM   #250
Polish Toni Patek
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
Not necessarily. I own and love mine and I call it Batgirl
Good for you pet.
Polish Toni Patek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2020, 07:06 AM   #251
Robf52
"TRF" Member

Watch: lots of Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmt2 View Post
Simple: The new Batman
How about Batman Mk2.
Robf52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2020, 08:50 AM   #252
cerendigit
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio digital
This thread has a lot of trolls, but a lot of nice pictures as well. Batgirl is a gorgeous watch, I wish I had one.
cerendigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2020, 11:17 AM   #253
AstroClock
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Applying a feminine name to a men’s bracelet makes no sense whatsoever. Calling a 40mm men’s professional watch “girl” anything is patently ridiculous.

Stupid is as stupid does. Time to retire the stupid batgirl nickname.
I really don’t get this sentiment. Men give their sports cars feminine names all of the time.

Personally, though, I prefer to simply refer to the reference number, or even just model name and color scheme. I’m not that into the soda super hero thing.
AstroClock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2020, 11:39 AM   #254
r_afficionado
Banned

Watch: a few
I refer to mine simply as BLNR period.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
r_afficionado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 11:05 AM   #255
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
126710BLNR with Jubilee Bracelet Vs. "batgirl"

Statistics Do Tell The Story!

Like 221 35.14%
Dislike 317 50.40%
No Opinion 91 14.47%

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 11:09 AM   #256
BamaHammer
Banned

Watch: Rolex Submariner
If it they both have to be bats, then batgirl is fitting as the jubilee is more feminine definitely. Don't get so offended if you are wearing a less masculine watch.
BamaHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 11:25 AM   #257
Bryan81
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaHammer View Post
If it they both have to be bats, then batgirl is fitting as the jubilee is more feminine definitely. Don't get so offended if you are wearing a less masculine watch.

Really? How is it ‘less masculine’? While you’re at it, which would you say is more masculine, the oyster or president band? Or, the DD vs. Sub? This is just getting ridiculous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bryan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2020, 12:34 AM   #258
Geckobros
"TRF" Member

Trolls aside...

In the real world at my AD and out in public I hear it referred to as either "Batman" or "The new Batman" so the name stuck with me. I have never heard it called anything else except on forums.

As far as the two watches, it would be hard to name it anything but "The new Batman" due to the improvements in the watch overall. The jubilee is the epitome of comfort and the Easylink only enhances the comfort throughout the day. The bracelet separates it further from a dive watch which is a welcome change. I like the clear line.

Under the hood, lets talk about the new movement. Going from 50 hours of power reserve to 70? Huge thumbs up. Not to mention Rolex says their new 3285 is more efficient and precise. Let's not forget better magnetization resistance over the old Batman, in my line of work that is a major enhancement.

The new Batman has slimmer lugs. I guess that makes the old Batman now the Fatman? Thor in Endgame anyone?

Joking aside.. haters are going to hate and call whatever watch what they want to call it. Especially if they think it gets a rise out of people. I don't mind either name but I have to stick to what I hear it called on the streets.

Last edited by Geckobros; 22 January 2020 at 12:51 AM.. Reason: Spelling.
Geckobros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2020, 02:20 AM   #259
Bryan81
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckobros View Post
Trolls aside...

In the real world at my AD and out in public I hear it referred to as either "Batman" or "The new Batman" so the name stuck with me. I have never heard it called anything else except on forums.

As far as the two watches, it would be hard to name it anything but "The new Batman" due to the improvements in the watch overall. The jubilee is the epitome of comfort and the Easylink only enhances the comfort throughout the day. The bracelet separates it further from a dive watch which is a welcome change. I like the clear line.

Under the hood, lets talk about the new movement. Going from 50 hours of power reserve to 70? Huge thumbs up. Not to mention Rolex says their new 3285 is more efficient and precise. Let's not forget better magnetization resistance over the old Batman, in my line of work that is a major enhancement.

The new Batman has slimmer lugs. I guess that makes the old Batman now the Fatman? Thor in Endgame anyone?

Joking aside.. haters are going to hate and call whatever watch what they want to call it. Especially if they think it gets a rise out of people. I don't mind either name but I have to stick to what I hear it called on the streets.
I think if I walked into my AD and inquired about the "Batgirl" watch they would say, "You mean the Batman?" If I tried to tell them that the 126710BLNR is called the Batgirl since it switched from the oyster to jubilee bracelet, they would probably look at me with a puzzled look on their face and say, "Yeah, never heard that before."

I refer to both the 116710BLNR and 126710BLNR as the Batman. It's just that the Batman got updated to have a jubilee bracelet.
Bryan81 is offline   Reply With Quote