The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 22 December 2021, 09:31 AM   #241
Nav01L
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonRain View Post
Lmao...ok a lilHey gentlemen wanted to bring this to your attention. Please read "market price"

Lol!!
My observation from tracking a few on Chrono out of curiosity is that these seem to be going quickly at around 30k CHF, but sitting from 35k CHF upward. So 42 seems about 10k too far north.

Even above 35k, they do get thousands of views though, so certainly lots of traffic. I would imagine that many are just casual onlookers without any buying intentions however.

Remember, the dignity you surrender at your AD‘s doorstep will never be recovered by wearing the watch he may get you.
Nav01L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 09:32 AM   #242
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav01L View Post
My observation from tracking a few on Chrono out of curiosity is that these seem to be going quickly at around 30k CHF, but sitting from 35k CHF upward. So 42 seems about 10k too far north.
42k is tomorrow's price. 65k is next week's price
JacksonRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 09:39 AM   #243
Skerro
"TRF" Member

There are no turquoise 41 on ANY uk AD websites. They must be getting tired of genuine buyers walking in and back out not buying another breitling. The game is up for the ADs…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 09:41 AM   #244
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonRain View Post
42k is tomorrow's price. 65k is next week's price

You’re just taking the word of random tossers on IG and C24. I have nothing to gain here. Makes no sense. Call David and ask what he is willing to pay and you’ll get a better gauge.
Old 22 December 2021, 09:46 AM   #245
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
You’re just taking the word of random tossers on IG and C24. I have nothing to gain here. Makes no sense. Call David and ask what he is willing to pay and you’ll get a better gauge.
Better wait until tomorrow with the call; going to be twice as much
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 09:53 AM   #246
Driver8
"TRF" Member

The turquoise-OP41-owning Mr Rain is doing a superb job of pumping this one to the stars. A few more pages of these posts, and there'll be enough in that OP41 to retire to the Caymans!
Driver8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 09:56 AM   #247
aj1987
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The lowest offer I've gotten is $26,000 to sell and $29,000 for a trade-in.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 10:03 AM   #248
Randy9999
"TRF" Member

Watch: red 1680; 6542
The Turquoise OP aside, has anybody noticed the prices for the 116610LV HULK? There's a similar phenomenon brewing there. Through the roof.
Randy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 10:10 AM   #249
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987 View Post
The lowest offer I've gotten is $26,000 to sell and $29,000 for a trade-in.

Sounds on par with what I was told. Not saying it doesn’t climb to 40 by Xmas who knows but quoting random trolls listing them at several hundred thousand is nonsensical.
Old 22 December 2021, 10:49 AM   #250
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy9999 View Post
The Turquoise OP aside, has anybody noticed the prices for the 116610LV HULK? There's a similar phenomenon brewing there. Through the roof.
the Hulk is an ABSOLUTE gem and it blows my mind why it is not trading for more than it is. To the moon!
Old 22 December 2021, 10:58 AM   #251
aj1987
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sounds on par with what I was told. Not saying it doesn’t climb to 40 by Xmas who knows but quoting random trolls listing them at several hundred thousand is nonsensical.
Yeah, I agree. I still feel $40k (or even $25k) for this watch is just insane. Planning on trading in my OP41 which I got a couple of months ago.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 12:02 PM   #252
Madman37
"TRF" Member

This means the Daytona is no longer the most coveted Rolex watch. It’s now an OP41 Blue dial watch, wow. It’s cheaper in the UK to buy the white gold meteorite Daytona from a Grey. Also it means movement complexity matters to nobody as if you had this watch you could sell it and get a skydweller with money left over! The blue dial one. You can buy two Pepsi’s and have money left over.
Madman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 01:33 PM   #253
Randy9999
"TRF" Member

Watch: red 1680; 6542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman37 View Post
This means the Daytona is no longer the most coveted Rolex watch. It’s now an OP41 Blue dial watch, wow. It’s cheaper in the UK to buy the white gold meteorite Daytona from a Grey. Also it means movement complexity matters to nobody as if you had this watch you could sell it and get a skydweller with money left over! The blue dial one. You can buy two Pepsi’s and have money left over.
Not sure I’m following you. Don’t you have money left over whether or not you buy the watches? Are you suggesting that you put every last dime into your Rolex watches?
Randy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 01:41 PM   #254
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

I moved my entire life savings out of crypto and into Rolex watches. Greatest investment of all time.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 01:50 PM   #255
Kostas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: @ kostastimepieces
Flowers are smelling amazing lately haha

Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 01:51 PM   #256
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Tulips are the best.
Old 22 December 2021, 01:51 PM   #257
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

In all seriousness, it's a beauty. Thanks for sharing! And enjoy in the greatest of health.
Old 22 December 2021, 01:56 PM   #258
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
I don't have one but I think the price of this OP will reach the level of the blue Skydweller in time to come. I wish my AD will give my wife the OP36 turquoise soon. I don't think it's a rare watch by any measure though, and it won't be the new 5711 Tiffany 170. This happens to be a shade of colour which is very similar to the real Tiffany's and demand is there right after the 5711 auction.
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 02:34 PM   #259
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
I don't have one but I think the price of this OP will reach the level of the blue Skydweller in time to come.
You really think it will drop that far?
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 02:35 PM   #260
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Not while it's being treated as an "investment" instead of stocks, bonds, real estate, businesses, and crypto.
Old 22 December 2021, 03:34 PM   #261
Demon Barber
"TRF" Member

It's a shame the hype is polarizing opinions about the watch in its own right. It's objectively a well designed watch with a playful but inoffensive dial color. It's worth the MSRP, but is being hidden from those who would choose to wear it and given to those who want to hoard and exploit it. The process only happens because someone is willing to pay more and more for hopeful progressively increasing valuation. Once the idea of certain watches continually becoming more valuable even after paying over MSRP became generally accepted, it became a game. And now, people will play it nonstop until it isn't popular anymore. Those of us who love the watches for what they are, for example my platinum Daytona, feel that they have no dollar value at all. They only have the value of the enjoyment on the wrist if you keep them and wear them.
Demon Barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 03:36 PM   #262
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Barber View Post
It's a shame the hype is polarizing opinions about the watch in its own right. It's objectively a well designed watch with a playful but inoffensive dial color. It's worth the MSRP, but is being hidden from those who would choose to wear it and given to those who want to hoard and exploit it. The process only happens because someone is willing to pay more and more for hopeful progressively increasing valuation. Once the idea of certain watches continually becoming more valuable even after paying over MSRP became generally accepted, it became a game. And now, people will play it nonstop until it isn't popular anymore. Those of us who love the watches for what they are, for example my platinum Daytona, feel that they have no dollar value at all. They only have the value of the enjoyment on the wrist if you keep them and wear them.
Incredibly well said. Thank you.

Old 22 December 2021, 03:53 PM   #263
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Barber View Post
That's really cute. This is coming from someone who created a post, looking for validation from trf strangers, only a few months ago, stating "hey guys, I was offered the Platinum daytona at retail by my AD I would be crazy to pass this opportunity up right?"

Lol!!

Just out of curiosity, let's just say hypothetically you have to sell your platinum Daytona tomorrow. Would you sell it for 120,000, or will you sell it for the $75,000 you bought it for? If you would sell it for the market, $120,000, would you feel guilty about it? Your words are heartwarming, but your timepiece has a price, a market price. Let us know when you get a chance

Neither of us are flippers. I do not sell my watches. I do feel warm inside when I get a popular watch, and I love hyped pieces. There's a difference. happy holidays.
Old 22 December 2021, 04:48 PM   #264
Nav01L
"TRF" Member

Once upon a time, it was like this with Tulips too, and - more importantly - with stocks. Then the civilized world realized that eventually, people get burned in these schemes and financial market regulation was born. This market for watches isn’t regulated of course and I’m not saying it should be. But if you partake, be aware that forces are at play here that a lot of regulation would be trying to protect you from in other industries - whereas here, your fully bearing the risk.

Remember, the dignity you surrender at your AD‘s doorstep will never be recovered by wearing the watch he may get you.
Nav01L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 05:16 PM   #265
Skerro
"TRF" Member

Turquoise is nice colour - I’d like one because of a just that - its a nice Color. Unfortunately this OP41 will never be accessible to me - I don’t resent but marvel at it as long as it brewing some happiness to whomever owns one that is all that is needed.
What it does do is encourage me to look at other watches and broaden my horizons. I suspect there will be many the same who just like to color but will source something else and bring just as much joy and pleasure.

Skerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 07:42 PM   #266
rlx123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchcollector123 View Post
I am not sure who is smarter- Someone who made 35k to spend on what he wants to in real world or someone who whines about someone spending 35k on a watch on a watch forum?

I am not defending the guy who whines, but question the net worth of the guy who spends $35k. If all he’s got to his name is $35k and spends it on a watch then it is not smart.

rlx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 07:47 PM   #267
rlx123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rori View Post
There's an old saying here that goes something like this "The foolish provides a good living to the smart".

What about the guy who is smart enough to earn a good fortune and wants to pay grey price for a watch because he doesn’t want to play the AD game?

Old 22 December 2021, 07:59 PM   #268
rlx123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teck21 View Post
I have long since learned that fools can make a lot of money, and plenty of smart people haven’t a clue how to.

That or many smart people would rather be smart than rich. Seems a popular option.

We all suffer from Dunning-Kruger effect in one way or another.

I agree with the part about fools making a lot of money. I mostly see it in professional athletes, entertainers and lottery winners.

Old 22 December 2021, 08:29 PM   #269
Madman37
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy9999 View Post
Not sure I’m following you. Don’t you have money left over whether or not you buy the watches? Are you suggesting that you put every last dime into your Rolex watches?
My god so literal I meant hypothetically if you had £40k. Of course I would never waste All my lifesavings on a watch
Madman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 09:05 PM   #270
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I like the colour and would have been interested in one at 40mm, never before have I thought I wish I had slimmer wrists... if I had one I could sell it to pay for the surgery.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote