The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 22 July 2022, 08:54 PM   #2821
cotway
Banned

Watch: Zeitwerk Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobHK View Post
I have the reverse Panda on a 7.25 inch wrist (fairly flat). I would say 7.5-8 inch is perfect size for the VCO Chrono depending how round/flat your wrist is. That said, I have come to appreciate lighter smaller watches as well. For example I bought the 41mm Tissot PRX, I love that size, since the watch is light and easier to wear (compared to the Chrono).

The VCO Chrono is a bulky and a bit heavy watch indeed, if you really hate the feeling of a more substantial watch on your wrist you probably should not go for it. I myself love the look of the reverse panda but I have sometimes contemplated to switch to a 4500v since the wearability is better with a slightly smaller watch. It all comes down to what you are used to. But the watch does definitely not feel bulkier than the equivalent AP Chrono.
Thank you for the response, I appreciate it!
cotway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2022, 08:55 PM   #2822
cotway
Banned

Watch: Zeitwerk Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZCaL View Post
I have a RG Chrono Overseas with a 7” wrist. You will have no issue with a 7.5” wrist. It will be thicker than a Daytona at 13.7mm but not overwhelming. Great choice!
Thank you!
cotway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2022, 01:35 PM   #2823
tanotran
"TRF" Member

Anyone know how to set the watch winder for the fiftysix 4600E?
tanotran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2022, 04:24 AM   #2824
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Watch: “Pepsi”
I’m finally in!!
126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Screwly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2022, 07:59 AM   #2825
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwly View Post
I’m finally in!!

Awesome!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11 August 2022, 11:42 AM   #2826
DustinF
"TRF" Member

Finally Here…

In early 2020, I walked into a VC AD to see an Overseas in person for the first time. All they had was a gold w silver face but loved the way the watch looked in person. I gave them my information and told them I’d be interested in a Blue 4500v potentially in the future. To my shock I got a call only a few months later that someone had cancelled and they had a blue overseas available. I had never purchased a watch at this price point or pedigree and kinda panicked since Covid had just rocked the world and wasn’t sure where life was going so sadly, I declined.

Almost a year went by and I still obsessed about the watch, even buying a few other watches to scratch the itch but it just wasn’t doing the trick. Finally I decided to call a boutique and see about getting on a list, but by now I had changed my interest to a black 4500v. I was quoted 4 months in May of 2021 and put down my deposit. 4 months came and went, a year came and went, and eventually almost 15 months passed and got the email last week. If possible it’s even better than I expected despite the ridiculous wait. I’ve frequented this thread for a long time and glad to make this post finally. I’ve been changing straps frequently but mostly like it on the rubber. Thanks to all the previous posters w great pics of a great watch!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg B303FAF8-4C0A-4990-8645-0B04C08E47E8.jpeg (115.3 KB, 586 views)
DustinF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2022, 09:27 PM   #2827
RaZCaL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500,116610,VCO
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinF View Post
In early 2020, I walked into a VC AD to see an Overseas in person for the first time. All they had was a gold w silver face but loved the way the watch looked in person. I gave them my information and told them I’d be interested in a Blue 4500v potentially in the future. To my shock I got a call only a few months later that someone had cancelled and they had a blue overseas available. I had never purchased a watch at this price point or pedigree and kinda panicked since Covid had just rocked the world and wasn’t sure where life was going so sadly, I declined.

Almost a year went by and I still obsessed about the watch, even buying a few other watches to scratch the itch but it just wasn’t doing the trick. Finally I decided to call a boutique and see about getting on a list, but by now I had changed my interest to a black 4500v. I was quoted 4 months in May of 2021 and put down my deposit. 4 months came and went, a year came and went, and eventually almost 15 months passed and got the email last week. If possible it’s even better than I expected despite the ridiculous wait. I’ve frequented this thread for a long time and glad to make this post finally. I’ve been changing straps frequently but mostly like it on the rubber. Thanks to all the previous posters w great pics of a great watch!
Congrats! Beautiful story! Welcome to the VC club!
RaZCaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2022, 09:59 PM   #2828
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Official vacheron overseas thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceOneBro View Post
Was thinking of swapping my LVc for one, but not sure if I'm crazy or not.

Not crazy.

There's no Rolex that can outclass the overseas in a side by side. The clarity and crispness of the dial with twinkling faceted hour markers and hands, Geneve seal finishing on the movement with 22K gold engraved rotor, and the brush and hidden polish finishing on the bracelet. It makes the Rolex oyster look like a 3M sponge finish by comparison and Rolex is pretty good at factory brushing.

The bracelet has no giant buckle, it is a hidden clasp with 2 sides of 2 mm micro adjust and can be swapped for rubber or alligator in a few seconds.

There's no submariner that could keep me away from my overseas. I'd never wear Rolex again if it was a requirement to keeping my 4500V. It is a slim and beautiful work of art.

Mine will be 1 year old next month and has been worn around 300 times.
Old 11 August 2022, 10:33 PM   #2829
gliazzurri
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Not crazy.

There's no Rolex that can outclass the overseas in a side by side. The clarity and crispness of the dial with twinkling faceted hour markers and hands, Geneve seal finishing on the movement with 22K gold engraved rotor, and the brush and hidden polish finishing on the bracelet. It makes the Rolex oyster look like a 3M sponge finish by comparison and Rolex is pretty good at factory brushing.

The bracelet has no giant buckle, it is a hidden clasp with 2 sides of 2 mm micro adjust and can be swapped for rubber or alligator in a few seconds.

There's no submariner that could keep me away from my overseas. I'd never wear Rolex again if it was a requirement to keeping my 4500V. It is a slim and beautiful work of art.

Agreed on your points. Congratulations.
gliazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2022, 11:06 PM   #2830
Jmaguire17
"TRF" Member

Awesome to hear how much you love that VC, I myself tend to wear VC the most given it's elegance, sporty, and overall feel and look. Lol keeping count everyday throughout the year though is serious devotion EEpro!
Jmaguire17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2022, 03:08 AM   #2831
Saintos
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not crazy.

Your watch still look almost unworn. How come after absolute 300 times using it and still look like this? I only look at mine and get scratches and hiairlines.
Saintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2022, 05:02 AM   #2832
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Official vacheron overseas thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintos View Post
Your watch still look almost unworn. How come after absolute 300 times using it and still look like this? I only look at mine and get scratches and hiairlines.

I said "around 300 times" not absolute 300 times. For a couple months I wore a YG submariner daily.

It has hairlines on the bezel for sure. The black polish makes them hard to see. I'll snap a sunlight pic next time I step out of the lab.

Old 12 August 2022, 02:35 PM   #2833
kanwind
"TRF" Member

3 years before, I walk in a BT in Hong Kong and left my name card for a 4500V blue,
after a week, they call me they can offer one to me a few months later
I finally declined as I finally choose to buy a PP 5320G and a 5712R a year later

The price of 4500V on rocket in this 2 years

Now, they offer me one 4500V again next month, I am just think either I should keep it or just quick sell it and profit it for a Rolex 214270 for free

I always think that a man should have 3 watchs
Dress watch, casual watch, sport watch
5320G and 5712R is the two, which one should be the 3rd
4500V or 214270.......
I just confuse....
kanwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2022, 09:47 PM   #2834
RaZCaL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500,116610,VCO
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwind View Post
3 years before, I walk in a BT in Hong Kong and left my name card for a 4500V blue,
I finally declined as I finally choose to buy a PP 5320G and a 5712R a year later

Now, they offer me one 4500V again next month, I am just think either I should keep it or just quick sell it and profit it for a Rolex 214270 for free

4500V or 214270.......
I just confuse....

If you really don't think you want to keep the 4500v, don't buy to flip. Leave it for the next customer who really wants it. Personally, I love VCO and would keep the 4500v, especially if it is the blue dial. I would never sell my blue 4500v.
RaZCaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2022, 11:00 PM   #2835
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

4500V or 214270.......
I just confuse....

You come to an overseas thread to ask if you should flip a hard to get Vacheron to get a free Hamilton. Whatevs. Why not ask boutique for a skeleton perpetual ultra thin. You could flip that for a free day date and a free Hamilton, er I mean Explorer.
Old 13 August 2022, 12:32 AM   #2836
kanwind
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You come to an overseas thread to ask if you should flip a hard to get Vacheron to get a free Hamilton. Whatevs. Why not ask boutique for a skeleton perpetual ultra thin. You could flip that for a free day date and a free Hamilton, er I mean Explorer.
Actually i had a 47040 white but finally sold it because my heart feel empty and always want to find one that full my mind

Maybe after i get the 4500v blue next month, i will know if it is the one i am finding
Old 13 August 2022, 06:29 AM   #2837
AlexFzh
"TRF" Member

New grey alligator strap arrived. I thought it’s pretty dark when SA sent me the photos but looks a lot lighter in reality. Love how it looks.

Not sure if it’s just me, but I feel leather strap is more comfortable vs rubber. Rubber strap somehow makes my skin itch after wearing it for long.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg DA26B817-FD01-42FF-9F6C-1C3B157B2EF9.jpeg (209.7 KB, 495 views)
AlexFzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2022, 06:31 AM   #2838
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFzh View Post
New grey alligator strap arrived. I thought it’s pretty dark when SA sent me the photos but looks a lot lighter in reality. Love how it looks.

Not sure if it’s just me, but I feel leather strap is more comfortable vs rubber. Rubber strap somehow makes my skin itch after wearing it for long.

Looks awesome! I prefer the leather to the rubber also.
Old 13 August 2022, 06:35 AM   #2839
Dalaruan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Would be funny if someone sent this to the Hong Kong boutique, given all the info he provided wouldn't be hard for vc to find out who it is
I guess we all wouldn't mind making a few quick bucks, but making it so public... Idk, I hope vacheron saw this and make the right call
Dalaruan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2022, 06:42 AM   #2840
Shmoopy
"TRF" Member

Not sure if true, but I was told that a boutique will know if a watch is re-sold if the second owner fills out warranty info.
Shmoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2022, 06:54 AM   #2841
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmoopy View Post
Not sure if true, but I was told that a boutique will know if a watch is re-sold if the second owner fills out warranty info.

I’m sure that’s true along with AP. The moment the new owner registers the extended warranty the company knows. They have to transfer ownership
126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Old 13 August 2022, 06:57 AM   #2842
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmoopy View Post

Only if the first owner filled it out. It's all in the blockchain.
Old 13 August 2022, 11:56 AM   #2843
kanwind
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If you really don't think you want to keep the 4500v, don't buy to flip. Leave it for the next customer who really wants it. Personally, I love VCO and would keep the 4500v, especially if it is the blue dial. I would never sell my blue 4500v.
U are right
I will think again
Old 16 August 2022, 12:55 PM   #2844
kanwind
"TRF" Member

Quote:
finally take my 4500V from BT
better than i expect
I will keep it as one of my 4 daily use watch

The only way that I not like is not there is no more crocodile belt,
own cow one now
Old 16 August 2022, 02:42 PM   #2845
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
finally take my 4500V from BT
better than i expect
I will keep it as one of my 4 daily use watch

The only way that I not like is not there is no more crocodile belt,
own cow one now

Congrats! I had to look that up. Sure enough. All calf leather no gator on their site. Alligators are absolutely not endangered so I think this is a crock
Old 17 August 2022, 01:24 AM   #2846
bmac89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Zenith Defy Xtreme
Anyone had luck with their boutique for the new red rubber strap? tried to order both the white and red straps for my dt, and was told the red rubbers are "limited" and VC is not accepting new orders. They were able to take my order for the white strap but I was not given a timeframe when it will arrive.
These "limited" rubber strap colorways feels harder to get than the watch itself��
bmac89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2022, 03:17 AM   #2847
raclaims
"TRF" Member

Yes I have the red
Pix in the orange strap thread
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2022, 03:29 AM   #2848
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Anyone got an orange strap for sale?? Never heard of a watch brand limiting who receives straps….
126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Old 17 August 2022, 04:03 AM   #2849
DonLee
"TRF" Member

Quote:

4500V or 214270.......
I just confuse....
considering how few blue 4500v they offer, it wouldn't be hard for them to know who you must be. I could have notified them about your intent and have them sell that watch to my friend who is a true collector instead.
DonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2022, 05:07 AM   #2850
APWhale
Banned

Watch: Code 11.59
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonLee View Post
considering how few blue 4500v they offer, it wouldn't be hard for them to know who you must be. I could have notified them about your intent and have them sell that watch to my friend who is a true collector instead.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.
APWhale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vacheron , vacheronconstantin