The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 11 July 2018, 06:04 PM   #1
OutofControl8
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LB/??????
My moonphase woes

So where do I begin. I purchased a Omega moonphase with a blue dial and blue leather strap back in May as a birthday/wedding gift for myself. I was in love with this watch. I put my Rolex back in the box and wore this bad boy every where. I purchased me a nice omega nato strap and it looked great. I loved it on the mayo but like everything else now I wanted to get the steel bracelet for it. My fiancé decided she wanted to get it for me so I go to my local omega boutique and order it. I finally get the call..... it’s here. I’m really excited to go pick it up but I decide to pick it up the next day and have the omega boutique install it since I wanted to make sure it fit the watch since the blue dial moonphase does not come on steel. The sales associates not the service tech tell me they have it in for within a hour. I was still working so I was ok with that. I come down and see they still do not have the bracelet on. I noticed there wasn’t really any protection on the lugs but I didn’t think anything of it. I tell them put the nato strap back on and I’ll put it on when I get home. I take the watch and when I get home I see they scratched the shit out of all four lugs of the watch. I call up the boutique and they tell me it’s common practice and there is nothing they can do. I contacted corporate they mediate and we meet in the middle and they polish the watch stating it will come back in brand new condition. It comes back you can still see the scratches because the tech must’ve realized to completely make disappear they’d have to polish all of the markings off the watch. I refused the watch in that condition and now 2 more weeks later they finally decide that they replace the case of the watch...... I still think a brand new watch would’ve been better but I’ll take it. Moral of the story. If you can change a watch bracelet by yourself do it unless you know the tech is capable. I wish I knew that the sales people were gonna touch my watch I would’ve never let it happen and I’d be wearing my watch now. Check out the pictures.
OutofControl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 06:38 PM   #2
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
i'd be pissed off too! it's good that you fought for a new case! you'd think they have a proper protocol for this.
Old 11 July 2018, 10:47 PM   #3
OutofControl8
"TRF" Member

I am glad you said that. At one point I thought maybe it’s me and I’m being irrationally or nit picky. But I felt it was 3 week old watch and to be told it was common practice it made no sense. I am glad I stood my ground though. It’s a brand new watch. Fingers crossed though
Old 12 July 2018, 05:54 AM   #4
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

That would piss me off, too. You weren't overreacting. It's not acceptable to damage another person's property.

Beautiful watch, by the way!
DCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2018, 05:59 AM   #5
twitch54
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1888 Appleton Trac
Obviously they are total hacks and need to be reported. My 'Commanders Watch' came with it's own 'pickle fork' which makes changing out bracelet / strap as easy as pie. For them not to use the same tool they should be tared and feathered !
twitch54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2018, 07:18 AM   #6
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
The Houston OB changed my FOIS for a bracelet and didn't scratch the lugs. A lady tried to do it but couldn't get it and was afraid of scratching the lugs so she had the manager do it. He knew how to do it and said they shouldn't scratch the lugs when changing. To tell you it's common practice is complete bullshit.
texasmade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2018, 02:34 AM   #7
OutofControl8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
The Houston OB changed my FOIS for a bracelet and didn't scratch the lugs. A lady tried to do it but couldn't get it and was afraid of scratching the lugs so she had the manager do it. He knew how to do it and said they shouldn't scratch the lugs when changing. To tell you it's common practice is complete bullshit.
That’s how I felt. I believe the manager was trying her best to not present the story. At first they told me I can show many examples of watches that have been scratched and I thought wtf did I just hear. Well hopefully in mid August I’ll be posting pics of my old/new watch. I can’t wait
Old 19 July 2018, 04:24 AM   #8
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

That's a beautiful piece. Their initial reaction was absurd, glad you stood your ground and got an acceptable result.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2018, 06:02 AM   #9
Goschi10
"TRF" Member

Damn that is brutal, but I think your reaction was warranted. I will say though that after a couple of years of wearing my speedy pro very often the bracelet itself has caused a lot of marks on the lugs, but I am sure that is just due to the steel on steel friction.

I have to ask, what is it like to set the moonphase?
Goschi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2018, 11:53 AM   #10
WJGESQ
Banned

Never been tempted to swap bands/bracelets.

Do love the blue moonphase though.
WJGESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2018, 06:14 PM   #11
OutofControl8
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=WJGESQ;8775817]Never been tempted to swap bands/bracelets.

Do love the blue moonphase though
Thank you. I do to. I can’t wait to get it back though. The only reason I swap straps often I sweat a lot in the summer (which is gross) and I thought I’d ruin the leather strap. But I love it. When I had it
Old 21 July 2018, 06:16 PM   #12
OutofControl8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goschi10 View Post
Damn that is brutal, but I think your reaction was warranted. I will say though that after a couple of years of wearing my speedy pro very often the bracelet itself has caused a lot of marks on the lugs, but I am sure that is just due to the steel on steel friction.

I have to ask, what is it like to set the moonphase?
I assume the bracelet will scratch it a bit. But for the dealer to do it and try to not tell me and then to say it’s normal made me upset. I do think if it were are year or 2 older or if I had done it. It would be annoying but I can live with it. And as far as the moonphase at first it was a pain but after I found a website that shows what phase it should show currently helped a ton

Last edited by OutofControl8; 21 July 2018 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: Added text
Old 21 July 2018, 06:17 PM   #13
OutofControl8
"TRF" Member

I did find myself checking it every day for the first week or 2
Old 21 July 2018, 06:19 PM   #14
OutofControl8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post
That's a beautiful piece. Their initial reaction was absurd, glad you stood your ground and got an acceptable result.
Me too. I wish I had taken pics of what it looked like post polish. I was shocked and even more annoyed
Old 21 July 2018, 08:46 PM   #15
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
As long as the scratches are on the underside of the bracelet and not too severe I accept it as part of changing the straps and bracelets. I have done it, my AD has done it and I have survived. The more you change the greater chance you have for this to occur. By the way, beautiful watch.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2018, 11:24 PM   #16
WJGESQ
Banned

Stunning dial.
Old 21 July 2018, 11:24 PM   #17
WJGESQ
Banned

Stunning dial on the new moonphase.
Old 24 July 2018, 08:03 PM   #18
uddind
Banned

stunning watch, i tried it on last weekend. definitely the bracelet looks much better than the leather
uddind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2018, 08:35 PM   #19
Andad

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
As long as the scratches are on the underside of the bracelet and not too severe I accept it as part of changing the straps and bracelets. I have done it, my AD has done it and I have survived. The more you change the greater chance you have for this to occur. By the way, beautiful watch.

No way.

If the manufacturer can assemble a watch without damage their representatives should be able to do this work without damage or ship out

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2018, 07:55 AM   #20
cajunron
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster PO
Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post

No way.

If the manufacturer can assemble a watch without damage their representatives should be able to do this work without damage or ship out
^Bingo. Totally unacceptable for a new watch that costs this much money. Glad you held them accountable.
Old 27 July 2018, 09:10 PM   #21
Maxtor

Watch: Exp 1, DJ Tuxedo
Sorry for your troubles. The watch looks amazing on the bracelet.
Maxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2018, 01:35 PM   #22
tritium8
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570
Wow. That sucks! Glad you got it sorta sorted out.

Quick question, if you don't mind, what did you pay for the bracelet. Looking to get one for my moonphase, too. Was quoted like $600.
tritium8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2018, 04:11 PM   #23
OutofControl8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritium8 View Post
Wow. That sucks! Glad you got it sorta sorted out.

Quick question, if you don't mind, what did you pay for the bracelet. Looking to get one for my moonphase, too. Was quoted like $600.
Sorry for the late response. I paid $640. For the bracelet.
Old 22 August 2018, 04:11 PM   #24
OutofControl8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtor View Post
Sorry for your troubles. The watch looks amazing on the bracelet.
Thank you
Old 22 August 2018, 04:14 PM   #25
OutofControl8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post

No way.

I disagree also. I can take a bracelet on and off my watches without scratching it there is no reason a AD manager or salesman can’t do the same. The camrazy thing is they did to all 4 lugs. Not just 1 or 2
Old 22 August 2018, 05:24 PM   #26
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
It’s not great, but I have done it myself too. That said, a watch tech should be able to do without issue. Heck my local grey can do it with no issues. Hopefully they sort you out.

That is a great looking watch. Pity you’ve had the issues, but enjoy it all the same.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote