The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 March 2009, 01:51 AM   #1
davidd

Ebay Paypal protection?

does anyone have good information on how the paypal protection would work if you were buying a rolex that the seller said was 100% authentic and it's condition was perfect/mint and the watch wasn't?

Some of this becomes subject to interpretation, but for example, if the bezel on the gmt was aftermarket, not rolex authentic or say the band was aftermarket?

regarding condition, let's say instead of being mint as stated and being a 9 of 10, it turns out to be a 7.5 due to scratches or fading?

anyone know? It's easier if the seller has high ratings and many of them to rely on, but sometimes you find a seller who is in need of raising cash but doesn't have any ratings. I saw one on a sub the other day and it made me wonder. The guy has officially stated everything about the watch and seems very legitimate, even referenced the Paypal protection, etc. I strongly believe it is a good watch from a good seller, but wondered how the paypal protection really works. I was nto entirely clear after reading their policy so thought some here might have a first hand experience or better knowledge.
davidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2009, 01:58 AM   #2
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 DATEJUST41 Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: Me!!!
Buy only to reputable seller's on ebay...right now paypal covers the total amount of the item if it was a fraud...but..for you to be able to be in the protection program you have to go with their rules....like if im a seller i cannot ship my item to uncomfirmed address even if they paid paypal...If you are the buyer and pay through paypal and you will see on the right hand side its under paypal protection program then you are covered for the whole amount...To get more info for your questions here is their toll free number.. 1-888 221 1161.. when it comes to no feedback...beaware of those people...if they live in florida too then its much better to talk on the phone and meet in person..sometimes private sellers are a lot cheaper than those powersellers..
Old 4 March 2009, 03:01 AM   #3
rkb
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXPORER II
davidd-

I have purchased one Rolex on ebay and sold two others as well as ebaying many other high end items. In my sales, I go out of my way to ensure that all of the buyers questions are answered. This includes giving out phone numbers to discuss the item and sending many many additional pictures to the prospective buyer. My last Rolex sale was just last week on a rare vintage Sub. In this case the sale price was considerable and as such I went to every length to make the seller feel at ease. If you are looking at a watch on ebay and you are not treated by the seller as I have treated my buyers, move on. You're spending a lot of cash and you should not one single concern left unanswered. As for PayPal, for what those bandits charge me in processing fees they better offer some protections, although I have not yet had to use them.
rkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2009, 03:23 AM   #4
scottjal
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II
Pay for the paypal using a credit card. I discussed this a bit with amex and they can cover you under certain circumstances, talk to them and see.

ebay you need to buy the seller more than the item on these things.

I bought both of my Rolexes and the Omega on ebay.