The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 February 2007, 03:10 AM   #1
Flyboy2000
"TRF" Member

Where to " Authenticate" in So Cal.

Hi All,

I've been getting bleary eyed over the last 3 mo. or so looking at getting my first Rolex. To keep it affordable, I've decided on purchasing one through the " internet". I'm a little scared, but I could save almost 2K.
I'm looking at a Rolex Explorer II, and am wondering where I can go to get it " Authenticated" here in the Southern California area.. ok close to Orange County.
I just want to make sure I get a real/not fake Rolex.
Thanks for the help..
FB2K

ps.. I feel a little uncomfortable taking it to a mall jewelery store i.e.. Ben Bridge
Flyboy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2007, 03:14 AM   #2
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
You can always go to Rolex Beverly Hills; however, try a reputable pre-owned place if possible, internet can be very tricky. SoCal has a number of them
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2007, 04:21 AM   #3
tonelar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seadweller
If Ben Bridge carries Rolex they'll be a good place to start, but you can't really have it authenticated without using the RSC in beverly hills.

Basically a good jeweler will tell you if it's a run of the mill replica, but they can't tell you it's a 100% Genuine Rolex.

Good luck...

Wear 'em with PRIDE, y'all.
tonelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2007, 05:23 AM   #4
Flyboy2000
"TRF" Member

Reputable Pre Owned Jewelers?

Where?

OK...I'll take suggestions. I have not been able to find any reputable " pre-owned" rolex jewelers out here.
Any ideas?
Ben Bridge Jewelers is an authorized Rolex dealer, but they only have a few pre-owned rolex's that go from store to store in a " road show". Not the watch I was looking for anyways.

Thanks..
FB2K
Old 14 February 2007, 05:53 AM   #5
astcell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116713
Take it to a pawn shop and ask for a loan on it. You know they are going to make very sure it is real, and their estimate will even be free!
astcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2007, 06:21 AM   #6
tonelar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seadweller
wait.. are you looking into buying, having someone advise you on your watch or bringing one in to be authenticated?

Cause them having a used one in stock doesn't have anything to do with authenticating a watch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by astcell View Post
Take it to a pawn shop and ask for a loan on it. You know they are going to make very sure it is real, and their estimate will even be free!
That's actually great advice, Robert.

Wear 'em with PRIDE, y'all.
tonelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2007, 07:58 AM   #7
John Ireland
"TRF" Member

I would choose RSC in Bev. Hills. They charge for

the authentication but you are also getting a report on the watch in terms of service it might need...and if you have the service done, you don't pay the $60 for the authentication. In the end you will have the equivilent of a new watch, with service papers from Rolex.

If they felt the watch was not correct (perhaps some aftermarket parts) they would insist on replacing those parts with factory parts.

If your buyer is giving you a three day return policy so that you can have it checked out...that is the best way to go.

If you are buying on the internet, don't look for a "steal of a deal"...you only get what you pay for in life. There are dealers who have such high volume the probably have no idea whats inside the watch. But there are dealers who also have great reputation and feedback. But you have to take the time to read the feedback...make sure it is for watches and not car parts and video games.

The gold 1013 I just got from Brazil I bought from a woman down there who I have bought from before. I felt no fear about buying from her. There is a dealer I bought from in Orange County...I like him a lot as well. There's a dealer in West Hollywood...and I know a dealer in Pasadena...all these people I have done business with and trust. If you want their names, email me off forum. Again...you will only get what you pay for. And they may not have the watch you want, but if you find a dealer you really like, let them find the watch for you. That is the value of relationships.

Regards,
John Ireland
John Ireland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2007, 08:15 AM   #8
veilstylez
"TRF" Member

I would like to know too..so they charge $60. how long does it take?
veilstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2007, 07:22 PM   #9
Flyboy2000
"TRF" Member

Thanks....for $60, going to Rolex, Bev Hills seems the way to go.
I'll call them.

FB2K