The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 25 August 2010, 10:41 AM   #61
Pep04
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTIIc, Pam320
I truly hope that this has a good outcome and maybe we can learn from whatever mixup there may have been.

I don't know Tristan, but he offered me help once on a PM when I didn't need it. It demonstrated that he has a heart and was thoughtful enough to offer what ever help he can offer.

I sure hope that it was just a mix up and that the parties involved can have a laugh about this soon.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin
Prick #8
Old 25 August 2010, 10:48 AM   #62
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pep04 View Post
I sure hope that it was just a mix up and that the parties involved can have a laugh about this soon.
I sincerely hope you're correct, Pep.

It's action that's required now.
Old 25 August 2010, 11:23 AM   #63
Brenngun
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
It's great that so many of you guy's are vouching for Tristan's integrity. It's one of the reasons that the forum is so special.

Having said that, Tristan needs to give Steve his money back NOW. Too much time has elapsed and too many excuses have floated into the ether.

As Paul (ParisDakarBmw) rightly said an old story doesn't help the injured party.

Time is of the essence. Once Steve's money is safely back in his possession then we can all discuss the technical difficulties and bad luck and/or timing.

Until then the situation is very serious.

I also suggest that the tourists keep their unhelpful comments of this thread please.

Paul,

It's now clear from your comments what this thread is about. It's absolutly a serious issue. I couldn't agree more with what has to be done. I do however have one question for you. Who exactly are the "tourists" on this Forum?
I was under the impression that we're all members of equal standing.
Old 25 August 2010, 11:46 AM   #64
Pep04
"TRF" Member

Very insightful first post there Joseph.

Probably not the way you want to say hello.

Prick #8
Old 25 August 2010, 11:47 AM   #65
Naples09
"TRF" Member

Pep, I'm sure his real name is David.
Old 25 August 2010, 11:49 AM   #66
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Quote:
Very insightful first post there Joseph.

Probably not the way you want to say hello.
It'll be gone before you know it Pep.....I suspect I know who it is to!!!

I,as many others do,hope this turns out well.....Both are great guy's IMO...

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
Old 25 August 2010, 11:57 AM   #67
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
I give that post from Joseph, or whomever the .... it is, oh, about another 90 seconds before Paul or one of the other Mods (rightfully so) deletes it. What a lousy first post.

As for Tristen, I only echo what everyone has already said, my dealings with him have been very honorable and friendly, and I consider him an (on-line) friend. But, I can understand Steve-Os issue, money is money and if a long time has transpired (which from what I know it has) and there are just more and more excuses why the payment has not been refunded, I'd be upset too. Like everyone else says, let's just hope this is a set of unusual circumstances that will be solved very quickly, and we can have Tristen back in the forum as a coveted member once again.
Old 25 August 2010, 12:01 PM   #68
therolexguy
2024 Pledge Member

I hope it works out well too.
Old 25 August 2010, 12:01 PM   #69
Pep04
"TRF" Member

Am I the only that notices that there are 8 members watching this thread? Rather odd that guests have no clue who any of these people are.

Makes you wonder.

Prick #8
Old 25 August 2010, 12:03 PM   #70
InVision
Banned

Watch: Outerspace DayDate
good grief I am totally confused...

Mike
Old 25 August 2010, 12:11 PM   #71
TRW
Banned

Watch: 16623 YM
I'm not confused.Seems to me like somebody had an unsastisfactory transaction.If it were anyone other than Tristan,He/She would be gettin a Royal Beatdown-Fact
Old 25 August 2010, 12:16 PM   #72
Pep04
"TRF" Member

Tim,

I don't think that if it were "....anyone other than Tristan...". There are members here that are trusted. Which makes this whole situation very strange. THe majority of us are hoping for a positive outcome. But we need to keep an open mind about things without jumping to conclusions.

Prick #8
Old 25 August 2010, 12:23 PM   #73
TRW
Banned

Quote:
Tim,

I don't think that if it were "....anyone other than Tristan...". There are members here that are trusted. Which makes this whole situation very strange. THe majority of us are hoping for a positive outcome. But we need to keep an open mind about things without jumping to conclusions.
Only Cause your a "Homey" from Miami I give you this,
Old 25 August 2010, 12:29 PM   #74
Pep04
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRW View Post
Only Cause your a "Homey" from Miami I give you this,

I accept that Tim. You are a nice guy!

Prick #8
Old 25 August 2010, 12:36 PM   #75
TRW
Banned

Quote:
Tim,

I wouldn't Know Stevo if I tripped over him.But What I do Know,is that Stevo and the people he has chosen to Judge the good and the bad,worthy and notworthy,are all very even keeled and more than Fair and tolerant people.For the Guy who is responsible for me being able to share this opinion,I have gotta put my trust in his comments and advise
Old 25 August 2010, 12:40 PM   #76
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Doesn't sound too good for Tristan. I'd take Steve's advice if you can read between the lines.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 25 August 2010, 12:41 PM   #77
SLS
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT's & Sub's
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquafina View Post
I'm surprised this isn't locked until resolution.
It has been a civil discussion so far, and given the fact that Tristan is only able to communicate through another member, it makes sense that the thread is able to continue. I am guessing that this will be over shortly and there will be a conclusion to this incident.
Scott

Member No. 922
Old 25 August 2010, 12:41 PM   #78
TRW
Banned

Quote:
I accept that Tim. You are a nice guy!
You too Pep,when I get home, I wanna catch fresh Snapper and Grouper and Fry 'em up fresh
Old 25 August 2010, 12:44 PM   #79
TRW
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLS View Post
It has been a civil discussion so far, and given the fact that Tristan is only able to communicate through another member, it makes sense that the thread is able to continue. I am guessing that this will be over shortly and there will be a conclusion to this incident.
Scott
I Don't disagree with you,But when it's all said and done,Damage Has been Done.
Old 25 August 2010, 12:45 PM   #80
Pep04
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I wouldn't Know Stevo if I tripped over him.But What I do Know,is that Stevo and the people he has chosen to Judge the good and the bad,worthy and notworthy,are all very even keeled and more than Fair and tolerant people.For the Guy who is responsible for me being able to share this opinion,I have gotta put my trust in his comments and advise

Very good point there. But, it has been my experience in life, that there is an explanation for EVERYTHING. Whether it is the most innocent reason or the most heinous, there is always an explanation.

I have jumped to conclusion far too many times in my life. Which is why I am taking a back seat and giving all parties the benefit of the doubt. Granted, it is much easier to be on the outside as I am not the one being affected.

Occam's Razor will always rear its ugly head.

Prick #8
Old 25 August 2010, 12:46 PM   #81
mpkRolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO Jubilee
Oh god. Heart sinks when I hear something like this regarding a well known fellow TFRer.. :(
Old 25 August 2010, 12:50 PM   #82
jatco
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116233/79190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
..............-- Tristan, for what I know of him is a good guy. When I spoke to him today in the phone he was very upset about the entire ordeal, that plus he has the unfortunate task of dealing with a dying family member...- ...
I dont know Tristan personally, but given the evidence, he certainly seems to be an honest, respectable and sensitive person. I dont know the details of what has transpired, but his having to deal with a "dying family member" may have a bearing on his behaviour. -
An unfortunate set of circustance may have been the catilist for this situation.......!
Lets hope it all works out.. which Im sure it will.
Just my $.02 ...!

' A Crown for every achievement '
Old 25 August 2010, 01:23 PM   #83
SLS
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT's & Sub's
Quote:
I Don't disagree with you,But when it's all said and done,Damage Has been Done.
True, but we have yet to hear directly from Tristan. It is obvious to me, at least based on Paul's post, that Tristan needs to act, and act quickly. In my opinion, a refund would show that there was no ill intent and would go a long way in the eyes of this tight knit community. Once that is passed, the details of what transpired will surely get worked out. I just hope that someones good name did not get ruined because of an error with a FedEx employee.
Scott

Member No. 922
Old 25 August 2010, 01:32 PM   #84
TRW
Banned

Just a guess here,but I would think that Steve is Fair enough to factor in Express transportation Variables
Old 25 August 2010, 01:37 PM   #85
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Not knowing the timing of the event in question, it is likely that his recent emergency has placed any business on hold. I can only speak from my experience, but being out of the country may make it difficult to refund the money even if he wants to. I recently wired a significant sum of money from an account at a major bank to another party out of state. My bank would not accept my transfer without my wife or I being there in person. I know that I can pay bills, etc on line, but I'm not sure I could just wire off many thousand dollars that easily. I didn't look into alternate options, I simply did what the folks at the local bank, and the one I called on the national service line said that I had to do, and went in person to the bank with the transfer paperwork and ID. Perhaps he should have acted sooner, but you may have to wait until he returns from France to settle up. Maybe he could paypal it to you? Of course that would have associated fees. Please keep in mind that it may not be as simple as you would hope given his current situation and location.
I, like the others (excepting our nutter pal David), hope for a positive outcome.

十人十色
Old 25 August 2010, 01:41 PM   #86
D O C
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116710LN
It seems to me that the OP was acting in a leadership role in trying to protect TRF members from making a possible mistake. I admire the way that he brought the issue up without slandering or making accusations. I can understand that he probably felt stuck in the middle somewhat and did what he thought SHOULD be done. I, for one, appreciate that.

That being said, it seems the burden of proof is on Tristan now, not on OP or anyone else. I hope things can be resolved soon. Perhaps I've not seen the dark underbelly of this forum yet. But, in my limited view of this forum, I can see that nearly all its members treat each other with respect, valuing each others opinions and dealing with each other with humor, fun and many times caring attitude.

I have a point here so stay with me. I've been apart of online forums, organizations, gaming clans etc and this forum is unique among them. I don't see the online arguments, accusations, drama one usually sees. And I've thought if we ran our governments like this forum is run, we'd be in great shape.

I don't really know anyone here that close. But from what I'm hearing Tristan will come through soon and we'll all learn some important lessons before the day's done.
Old 25 August 2010, 01:45 PM   #87
TRW
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D O C View Post
It seems to me that the OP was acting in a leadership role in trying to protect TRF members from making a possible mistake. I admire the way that he brought the issue up without slandering or making accusations. I can understand that he probably felt stuck in the middle somewhat and did what he thought SHOULD be done. I, for one, appreciate that.

That being said, it seems the burden of proof is on Tristan now, not on OP or anyone else. I hope things can be resolved soon. Perhaps I've not seen the dark underbelly of this forum yet. But, in my limited view of this forum, I can see that nearly all its members treat each other with respect, valuing each others opinions and dealing with each other with humor, fun and many times caring attitude.

I have a point here so stay with me. I've been apart of online forums, organizations, gaming clans etc and this forum is unique among them. I don't see the online arguments, accusations, drama one usually sees. And I've thought if we ran our governments like this forum is run, we'd be in great shape.

I don't really know anyone here that close. But from what I'm hearing Tristan will come through soon and we'll all learn some important lessons before the day's done.
D O C....Well Put
Old 25 August 2010, 01:45 PM   #88
EE33
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613 16710 116520
Had a Priority parcel through Fedex go missing in transit in Singapore from China, they located it after 10 days........these things do happen, but I'm sure they are far and few inbetween.

They admitted fault and didn't charge us for the delivery.
Old 25 August 2010, 01:50 PM   #89
TRW
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE33 View Post
Had a Priority parcel through Fedex go missing in transit in Singapore from China, they located it after 10 days........these things do happen, but I'm sure they are far and few inbetween.

They admitted fault and didn't charge us for the delivery.
Worked for Federal Express for 17 yrs or so.Things Happen and Intelligent and Rational people know that
Old 25 August 2010, 01:55 PM   #90
Lol-x
Facilitator

My intent in making this thead was to merely inform others to be careful.

I do not wish to go into the transaction I have with Tristan, save to say that on 4 August I transferred by TT Euro2850 for a watch costing Euro2600+Euro150 for Courier and I decided to add an additional Euro100 to cover any costs at his end or in the transmission of the moneys.

As at this moment I have no watch, no tracking number and am down Euro2850.

I just want that money returned to me.

If any of you are in contact with Tristan please ask him to return my money, that is all. I have had significant communication problems with Tristan, and without pointing blame I don't know if and when I will receive a refund.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Closed Thread

Tags
fabrication , falsification , integrity , the truth