The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 29 December 2017, 06:29 AM   #1
DKRanger22
"TRF" Member

Breitling Bentley 6.75

So recently, I have been bitten by the Breitling bug. I've long considered Breitlings (in general) a bit garish, with many references being so large in diameter, many having large, blocky numbers/fonts, etc. But as time marches on, I find my opinion softening, and as of late, I find myself becoming more attracted to certain references. In particular, I am really gravitating towards the Navitimer and the Bentley 6.75. Generally speaking, I see plenty of love for the Navitimer, but not much so for the Bentley series of watches. Is there a reason for that? I suppose some find them a bit gimmicky, and to be honest, I could care less about the connection with the luxury car line - I simply enjoy the look of this model. Curious to know thoughts from the Breitling faithful and hopefully, owners of either reference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (189.0 KB, 93 views)
DKRanger22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2017, 06:32 AM   #2
DKRanger22
"TRF" Member

And the Bentley for comprising.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (137.0 KB, 90 views)
Old 29 December 2017, 08:31 AM   #3
56scooter
"TRF" Member

The top picture appears to be a 46mm Navitimer, the classic Breitling in the XL size! I have one and I love it. The bottom is a 6.75 which IMHO is also very nice, I had one, sold it to finance another purchase and regret getting rid of it. If you are only going to have one Breitling in your collection then I would choose the Navitimer, a true classic in every respect. Just be sure to check out the 43mm "standard" version! Good Luck on your decision.
56scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2017, 05:46 AM   #4
DKRanger22
"TRF" Member

Appreciate the feedback, Scooter! Both are beautiful references. I'm lucky in that I have two Breitling dealers about ~2 miles away from each other in my area (the larger dealer just took on the Breitling lineup, so the smaller one fears they may soon lose the rights). Nevertheless, there's a good competitive scenario going on at the moment: they quoted me 25% off list price without any haggling as the opening offer. Both stores had the exact Navitimer pictured above. I'm a bigger guy (6'4", 250 lbs), so the large size looks appropriate on me. I would need to find the Bentley used, as it is an older model. The smaller store had a used one with a black dial a few months back (that is the piece that actually started this new desire for a Breitling in the first place), but it since sold.

From a technical perspective, are there any major differences between the two references? I also tried on the Super Ocean Heritage II during my visit, and that one also has me thinking!
Old 30 December 2017, 06:19 AM   #5
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
I haven't owned one, but have been told they are a much finer finished watch than a normal breitling Chronomat. One is an inhouse the other is a 2894 with a DD big date (similar to a Blackbird big date).

Another high end breitling are the chronowerks line, which are very finely finished movements that also perform better than normal.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote