The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 17 April 2018, 07:06 AM   #1
Finslayer83
"TRF" Member

Watch: DW-5600
Pelagos round 2

Should of run the last one by you guys before buying and learned my lesson.

So here we are for round 2, looks to be NOS, what says the hive?

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-...e-4682637.html
Finslayer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2018, 09:16 AM   #2
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Looks good.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2018, 11:22 AM   #3
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
That looks very nice
A
Old 18 April 2018, 01:31 AM   #4
Finslayer83
"TRF" Member

Thanks guys! Spoke with the seller today, they are an AD and I got a smoking deal on it. Said their in store buyers have been opting for the newer reference and this one has been needing a new home.

Works for me as I prefer the ETA movement due to case height.
Old 18 April 2018, 08:59 AM   #5
freefly
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4&5-digit Sub/GMTs
There are a couple things that look a bit "off" to me, but they could just be photo/lighting anomalies. The primary issue being that the 12 o'clock hour marker doesn't appear to be centered (slightly off to the right).

Also, it seems a bid odd (and unlikely) that an AD would list a watch for sale on a watch forum. He doesn't say anything about being and AD in the listing, and it reads like a personal sale.
Could be nothing, but just proceed with caution. Verify the store name/location (and AD status), and call them via their listed number to confirm.

Again, the counterfeit Tudors are among the best fakes out there. This one could be OK, but just proceed with caution (and pay via CC).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pelagos 3.jpg (263.1 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg pelagos 4.jpg (267.4 KB, 156 views)
freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 09:14 AM   #6
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Seems to be a bit of a 'normal' feature looking at pics of the dial on Google. Its even off center on this Hodinkee post
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/tu...ADI+TurtleTake

Wonder if its an effect of the crystal.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 09:39 AM   #7
freefly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post
Seems to be a bit of a 'normal' feature looking at pics of the dial on Google. Its even off center on this Hodinkee post
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/tu...ADI+TurtleTake

Wonder if its an effect of the crystal.
Probably so. Likely just a function of the angle of the photo, in conjunction with diffraction from the crystal (and the markers being at a different height than the dial).

The dial print sort of looks a bit bunched up with some strange dimensional anomalies as well (the "0"s in "500" etc.).
Also, the circle inside the triangle on the bezel looks a bit off, dimensionally (inner white circle too big).
Compare the above mentioned issues with this genuine 2-liner: Genuine 2-liner Pelagos

However, again, they are likely photo-related issues. The resolution/focus isn't the best when zoomed in, which doesn't help matters.
It just looked at bit off at first, and I am overly cautious when it comes to the Tudors, as for some reason these models are among the best counterfeits out there.
Old 18 April 2018, 10:06 AM   #8
Finslayer83
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefly View Post
There are a couple things that look a bit "off" to me, but they could just be photo/lighting anomalies. The primary issue being that the 12 o'clock hour marker doesn't appear to be centered (slightly off to the right).

Also, it seems a bid odd (and unlikely) that an AD would list a watch for sale on a watch forum. He doesn't say anything about being and AD in the listing, and it reads like a personal sale.
Could be nothing, but just proceed with caution. Verify the store name/location (and AD status), and call them via their listed number to confirm.

Again, the counterfeit Tudors are among the best fakes out there. This one could be OK, but just proceed with caution (and pay via CC).
The charge on my card was from the AD. Seller has positive feedback from several of the forums. In speaking with him it seemed it was always passed over for the 25600tn and said I'll put it on WUS.

I've got a receipt from the AD and validated via linkedin the employment status at the AD. Also was able to validate they are the AD in the area via Tudor's website.

This of course was all found out after I spoke with the seller on the phone.
Old 18 April 2018, 11:05 AM   #9
freefly
"TRF" Member

Good deal. Sounds like you did your due-diligence this time around! As mentioned, there were just a couple (potential) red flags, but nothing that would be a deal-breaker if checked out (which appears to be the case).
That's why I didn't proclaim "fake" or tell you to "run", only to proceed with caution. It's just that some of the Pelagos fakes are scary-good. The one you first bought (that I ID'd as counterfeit) wasn't even one of the best out there.
Old 19 April 2018, 04:15 AM   #10
Finslayer83
"TRF" Member

Showed up today! we're good to go!

Came with all stickers (nice to be the one to remove), warranty card with my info on it, even came in the coffin which I thought was cool (presentation box, etc.. also there)