The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 16 April 2018, 06:40 AM   #91
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post
Hopefully all will be sorted if AP Le Brassus are on the 'case', but this sounds insane! There's no reason to re-polish / re-finish the whole case just for one tiny missed scratch.
Haha! Le Brassus said that they have never seen screws sticking out like this!
I will get a new buckle but I am not satisfied with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiso View Post
That's scary to have heard all these.

I am scared to keep all my APs and wanna sell them all.
Shit happens, AP is not bad. When they are on the case, they fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jidonsu View Post
A couple of years ago, I bought a used IWC 3227 Ingenieur. It had some light wear on the case answer had not been serviced. No worries, I thought, I’ll just have it serviced and refinished! I dropped it off at the IWC boutique and off it went to the Richemont group service center in Texas. Came back and what happened? The case corners were all rounded off and the whole watch had too much metal removed. The case still had marks on it from the lathe or lapping machine that they used, basically circular scratches from tools . I immediately complained. Sent it back and they offered to refinish it again. I wrote a strongly worded letter regarding why polishing again would be useless at this point since they already took too much metal off. I asked for a new case. The “head watchmaker” actually agreed, and they had to get Switzerland to make a new case since it was then a discontinued watch, or so I was told. No matter, got a brand new case out of it. You can try for the same.
I know the feeling. I think that they have to come with a solution that is realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bello_nyc View Post
Wow
Woooaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solrac6262 View Post
wtf, how long you been with out a watch? not acceptable, you should also ask for a discount for all this waste of time.

Case looks the same in your pictures, for sure it was only the screw, you can tell by looking at the before and after pictures at your strap the case is in alligned in the same position, actually on the after the strap looks better lol

GL
Haha, bro, more than 6 months now.
The 1st time that the watch was back the screws were sticking out, no contrast on the buckle and a dent on the case (very very small however).

2nd time, screws OK,dent polished away, buckle contrast OK, buckle polished so much that it looked fake.

Now the watch is there for the 3rd time. They will replace the buckle (so they know that they fucked it up).

Le Brassus is following the moves strictly. Also AP benelux is communicating with me, so let’s wait for the final solution. Let’ see how AP solves this.
BMW335D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2018, 06:47 AM   #92
solrac6262
2024 Pledge Member

glad they are replacing the buckle, but still you should get a discount on the original invoice price 6 months its not acceptable at all, not even building and delivering a car to U.S takes that F**** long, things happen, for sure, but the small shop should have QC, this are not fossil watches and you are paying a lot of money.
solrac6262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2018, 09:51 AM   #93
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
glad they are replacing the buckle, but still you should get a discount on the original invoice price 6 months its not acceptable at all, not even building and delivering a car to U.S takes that F**** long, things happen, for sure, but the small shop should have QC, this are not fossil watches and you are paying a lot of money.
You are absolutely right, my contactperson is going to send me a message tomorrow or thursday, I am going to tell him that replacing a buckle isn’t enough.
Old 17 April 2018, 04:35 AM   #94
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

The service center e-mailed me today.
They have replace the buckle and the watch is on the way back to the AD.
However, I have told to my contact at AP that I am not satisfied.
They have to compensate the 6 months of waiting amd polishing the case twice!
I’ll keep ya’ll updated.
Old 24 April 2018, 12:00 PM   #95
solrac6262
2024 Pledge Member

keep us posted GL
Old 24 April 2018, 01:33 PM   #96
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
keep us posted GL

Hi there,

The AD called me yesterday that I can pick up the watch.
So I am going to do that today.
My AP contactperson asked me to come by with the watch at the office.
After that we are going to check out what happens next.
Old 24 April 2018, 10:04 PM   #97
dmash
"TRF" Member

Good luck!
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2018, 08:54 PM   #98
Zoran
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1655 Mark 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW335D View Post
Hi there,

The AD called me yesterday that I can pick up the watch.
So I am going to do that today.
My AP contactperson asked me to come by with the watch at the office.
After that we are going to check out what happens next.
Damn, I've read through the whole post and am shocked at the way this had been going.
The scary part is that I brought my 15300 for a full service to an AD 5 weeks ago, who is located in Belgium. I really hope they sent it to another APSC than the one the OP has been dealing with

I will bring my loupe when picking it up and inspect it vigorously before taking it with me...now I'm worried
Old 1 May 2018, 02:08 PM   #99
solrac6262
2024 Pledge Member

any update?
Old 2 May 2018, 02:24 AM   #100
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

I have the watch back.
Got it checked by the AP guy today. He said it looks perfect.
New buckle, bezel like new, the polish is done lightly. He is going to report this back to the people in Switzerland.

For the compensation: he is going to try to fix my AP Rubberclad (date stuck) through AP as a compensation because of the 6 months of waiting.

He said “he is going to try to fix it”.
Let’s see what happens.
Old 2 May 2018, 03:41 AM   #101
kauffee
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LN, 116500LN
Awesome. Can we see pics?
kauffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2018, 03:57 AM   #102
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauffee View Post
Awesome. Can we see pics?
Yes pics please
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2018, 03:57 AM   #103
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Quote:
I have the watch back.
Got it checked by the AP guy today. He said it looks perfect.
New buckle, bezel like new, the polish is done lightly. He is going to report this back to the people in Switzerland.

For the compensation: he is going to try to fix my AP Rubberclad (date stuck) through AP as a compensation because of the 6 months of waiting.

He said “he is going to try to fix it”.
Let’s see what happens.
Wow, fixing a defect with the watch is now doing you a favour?
Old 2 May 2018, 04:16 AM   #104
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Watch: No Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post

I believe that watch was bought gray.
RolexZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2018, 04:39 AM   #105
imperio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexZen View Post
I believe that watch was bought gray.

Your point being... A watch bought gray should not be expected to be free of defects? I'm not following.
Old 2 May 2018, 04:57 AM   #106
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Watch: No Rolex
Quote:
Your point being... A watch bought gray should not be expected to be free of defects? I'm not following.

You are correct. You are not following.
RolexZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2018, 05:41 AM   #107
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoran View Post
Damn, I've read through the whole post and am shocked at the way this had been going.
The scary part is that I brought my 15300 for a full service to an AD 5 weeks ago, who is located in Belgium. I really hope they sent it to another APSC than the one the OP has been dealing with

I will bring my loupe when picking it up and inspect it vigorously before taking it with me...now I'm worried
Don’t use a loupe, use a microscope.
They are retards.
Old 2 May 2018, 05:43 AM   #108
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah, probably that’s something like doing a favour.
It should be me doing THEM a favour. Bunch of retards. For real.
Old 2 May 2018, 05:43 AM   #109
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Yes pics please
I’ll post them in a bit mate.
Old 2 May 2018, 05:46 AM   #110
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Icon14

Quote:
Bought it 2nd hand with one year of warranty.
After 3 months the date stopped changing.
I was at the office of this AP guy and he saw this AP on my wrist and I told him about it. It was his idea to try to get some coulance from AP because of the issue I had with the other AP. However, I still have warranty from the watchshop.
Old 2 May 2018, 05:51 AM   #111
imperio
"TRF" Member

Hope this works out for you OP. Dropping that much coin on a watch and/or service you should expect it to perform at 100%, nothing less!
Old 2 May 2018, 06:35 AM   #112
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hope this works out for you OP. Dropping that much coin on a watch and/or service you should expect it to perform at 100%, nothing less!
They have to fix it in a professional way! 6 months and the watch went back 3 times! At least they have to compensate it the way it should.
Old 2 May 2018, 06:37 AM   #113
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Old 7 May 2018, 08:20 AM   #114
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Hi everyone,

A little update:
This AP guy says that the watch is in topcondition now, like new (I agree with him).
He also said that the service center didn’t polish the whole watch twice only a light polish on the necessary surfaces. Anyways, he is saying that this is solved, the watch is fixed by AP standards and that the case is closed now.

I told him no way, that won’t happen. The watch was gone for a half year, was sent back 3 times, I told him to ask AP HQ if that’s normal? Sending a watch back 3 times after service? And they call this “fixed by AP standards”?
I told them to come with a solution because I am not satisfied at all (he doesn’t want to fix my Rubberclad as a coulance, he asks me to try sending it to AP via the watchshop first but the watchshop wants to send it to their own watchmaker). The service of this brand is getting bad, real bad, so let’s see what AP responds.
Old 8 May 2018, 12:58 AM   #115
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Watch: where do i start??
Quote:
Hi everyone,

A little update:
This AP guy says that the watch is in topcondition now, like new (I agree with him).
He also said that the service center didn’t polish the whole watch twice only a light polish on the necessary surfaces. Anyways, he is saying that this is solved, the watch is fixed by AP standards and that the case is closed now.

I told him no way, that won’t happen. The watch was gone for a half year, was sent back 3 times, I told him to ask AP HQ if that’s normal? Sending a watch back 3 times after service? And they call this “fixed by AP standards”?
I told them to come with a solution because I am not satisfied at all (he doesn’t want to fix my Rubberclad as a coulance, he asks me to try sending it to AP via the watchshop first but the watchshop wants to send it to their own watchmaker). The service of this brand is getting bad, real bad, so let’s see what AP responds.
This would have never of happened with Clearwater FL.. Have never had a problem or less than perfect results from them. Every center is different I guess.

So the question is, the warranty that was remaining, was that an official AP warranty or some kind of third party warranty through the jewelry store directly, which is why they want their own watchmaker to look at that specific issue?

It is 100% an inconvenience sending it back 3 times and waiting 6 months.. I have received far worse service from patek. So one thing you have going for you is, AP is much better at aftersales service than patek and that's a fact.

At the end of the day, regardless if you purchased it new or second hand, you are still an AP customer who has invested in their brand, They should 100% do some small gesture on their part for the mistakes, as this should have never of gone down this way from the start.

They have multiple internal people who monitor these forums (most major watch brands do) and they have an image to protect as we have all been watching. That is one of the perks of being a member on a forum, is you can take your concerns to a public level to prevent these big company's from shrugging you off when they make a mistake but don't want to own up to it.

Doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

If they want to maintain the "excellence" of product and service they claim they have, then i'm sure you will come out of this satisfied.
SubKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 01:35 AM   #116
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Seee...... this is where I have a problem. Let's not start bashing AP based on the "service of this brand" because of what is bolded. You chose to have your AD send the watch out without asking any questions. You let them send it to some watchmaker who fucked it up, regardless of htem being "certified" or whatever. I have never had an issue with Clearwater service and I am sure this would have never happened if it was sent to APSC in the first place.

Sorry this happened to you but lets slow down on blasting AP here.
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 02:19 AM   #117
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubKing View Post
This would have never of happened with Clearwater FL.. Have never had a problem or less than perfect results from them. Every center is different I guess.

So the question is, the warranty that was remaining, was that an official AP warranty or some kind of third party warranty through the jewelry store directly, which is why they want their own watchmaker to look at that specific issue?

It is 100% an inconvenience sending it back 3 times and waiting 6 months.. I have received far worse service from patek. So one thing you have going for you is, AP is much better at aftersales service than patek and that's a fact.

At the end of the day, regardless if you purchased it new or second hand, you are still an AP customer who has invested in their brand, They should 100% do some small gesture on their part for the mistakes, as this should have never of gone down this way from the start.

They have multiple internal people who monitor these forums (most major watch brands do) and they have an image to protect as we have all been watching. That is one of the perks of being a member on a forum, is you can take your concerns to a public level to prevent these big company's from shrugging you off when they make a mistake but don't want to own up to it.

Doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

If they want to maintain the "excellence" of product and service they claim they have, then i'm sure you will come out of this satisfied.
It went like this: I sent my AP Elephant in for a full service via the AD.
The AD did send it to an authorized Audemars Piguet workshop.
The problems started there. Screws sticking out, polish done bad on the buckle etcetera. The 3rd time I did contact AP Switzerland also.
They said that they will keep an eye on the watch and they did connect me to a CEO of AP here in the Netherlands that would assist me.

The watch came back, buckle changed, everything seemed to be OK.
The AP guy wanted to make an appointment with me to check out the Elephant and sort things out. He said the watch looks great now.

Because of the inconvience he said that he will check out if he can fix my AP Rubberclad trough AP to compensate the whole story of 6 months of waiting on my Elephant bla bla.
I’ve bought this AP Rubberclad in November and I have one year of warranty but the watchshop is in Germany and they have their own watchmaker.
I told the AP guy that if he fixes my watch then I am satisfied.
Later on he did message me and told me to send my watch to AP via the watchshop while he would fix it for me as a compensation. So that is not professional behaviour at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npalacio View Post
Seee...... this is where I have a problem. Let's not start bashing AP based on the "service of this brand" because of what is bolded. You chose to have your AD send the watch out without asking any questions. You let them send it to some watchmaker who fucked it up, regardless of htem being "certified" or whatever. I have never had an issue with Clearwater service and I am sure this would have never happened if it was sent to APSC in the first place.

Mate listen, I did send my Elephant via the AD. That is the normal procedure here in Europe. They decide to which service center the watch goes to, I can not decide that. The AP guy explained me that. They check first the capacity and send it to the service center with the lowest delivery date.

They represent AP so it is AP in fact my friend.
To compensate this whole story the guy told me that he would fix my AP Rubberclad to close the case but later on he came with another idea because I have “shop warranty” on it. That ain’t professional at all and this is a high ranking AP guy. Let me tell u that.
Old 8 May 2018, 02:25 AM   #118
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Mate listen, I did send my Elephant via the AD. That is the normal procedure here in Europe. They decide to which service center the watch goes to, I can not decide that. The AP guy explained me that. They check first the capacity and send it to the service center with the lowest delivery date.

They represent AP so it is AP in fact my friend.
To compensate this whole story the guy told me that he would fix my AP Rubberclad to close the case but later on he came with another idea because I have “shop warranty” on it. That ain’t professional at all and this is a high ranking AP guy. Let me tell u that.
You could have sent it to an APSC yourself and skipped the AD. I have never sent any of our AP's for service through our AD, send to Clearwater directly. You could have sent it anywhere of your choosing, you chose to go through your AD without doing your homework. Glad you notified AP of what happened with this "certified service center" but the second I would have found out that was where my watch was going to go, I would have walked right out and sent it to APSC directly myself. Regardless of turnaround time.

I have had only great experiences with everyone at Clearwater APSC, top notch.
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 02:47 AM   #119
imperio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You could have sent it to an APSC yourself and skipped the AD. I have never sent any of our AP's for service through our AD, send to Clearwater directly. You could have sent it anywhere of your choosing, you chose to go through your AD without doing your homework. Glad you notified AP of what happened with this "certified service center" but the second I would have found out that was where my watch was going to go, I would have walked right out and sent it to APSC directly myself. Regardless of turnaround time.

I have had only great experiences with everyone at Clearwater APSC, top notch.
Picture this: a customer drops $50,000 on a watch at an AD. Come time for servicing, it's unreasonable for the customer to go back to the AD to be taken care of?

The customer needs to do his homework to find out on where to send it to?

Old 8 May 2018, 02:51 AM   #120
imperio
"TRF" Member

Quote:

If you can't trust your AD, I don't know why you would give them your business in the first place.

Poor choice of language too...